Putnam Investments Employee Reviews in United States

my productivity was above average
associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 7, 2016
my day started with reading the mail processing the checks after the checks were bagged they went to the scanner to be scanned which I did occasionally and then they were pulled in the check room and sent out to the bank by courier.
Pros
they gave us breakfast on occasion
Cons
we had an hour for lunch break
Help Desk
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2016
I was in a call center tier 1. I learned a lot by taking all different types of calls. People were nice and management was cool. I did not like having to wear a tie all day. I liked troubleshooting over the phone
Love the culture
Analytical Analysis (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 31, 2016
Supervisor treated me extremely well. Very resourceful group and a relax place to work. Best first job I ever had as a co-op. The down side is as a co-op they don't give you anything too important.
Investor Service Representative
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Great environment to work in. Great benefits. Enjoy going to work on a daily basis, and performing what is needed of me.
Pros
Great company
I have learned a lot about stocks and bonds and watching s&p
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 12, 2015
I am very Productive and do what I am told. I take my job very serious. I always get along with my co-workers, and am very outgoing. I've gained plenty experience working at Putnam Investments. I worked there for 7 years. I loved the people I worked with. The only reason I left Putnam Investments was due to having an opportunity to work for the Methuen Police Department. I gave my very best, and it was a definitely learning experience.I took a ten week course in Emergency Training Course, which helped me just recently when my husband had a seizure. I went to every Christmas Party they had once a year and my children loved it.
Pros
Putnam Investments had a health, eating right and exercising.
Cons
I really do not have any cons when I was working there.
ping pong
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2016
I had a similar job with Putnam Investments as a fund accounting supervisor as I had for Brown Brothers Harriman company see BBH review
Pros
Leave on time
Cons
Stay ;late
Customer service assisting with annuities and/or mutual fund accounts
Investor Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 1, 2015
Assist shareholders and brokers with fund exchanges, withdrawals, death benefit quotes, and other aspects of fund management and account maintenance
Provide exceptional support to clients with Putnam-Hartford Insurance annuities and effectively respond to and alleviate account issues in a timely manner
Outline transaction requirements, process financial transactions, and provide up-to-date fund information
Pros
Learn great communication skills and awesome work place
Great Working Environment and Freedom of work
Application support Investment Banking Application (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2015
Putnam gives opportunities to work with Experts in Finance domain. At the same time it gives freedom to work independently.
Golden Scales Rep
GOLDEN SCALE / DEDICATED SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2015
I had the opportunity to sell, advise and consult the top selling Brokers to the vast variety of Putnam funds and products. Working in a team atmosphere was an advantage. Outstanding management.
Putnam Operation in Andover
Operations (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 18, 2015
The people are nice. Sometimes operations can be unprofessional. Employees that have been there for a while become complacent. Some departments are detached from the rest of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Manager are often disengaged, Very low pay

Want to know more about Putnam Investments?

Ask a question
Professional, positive work enviornment
401k Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 15, 2015
Putnam has a great training program, and they truly care about seeing their employees succeed and advance in the financial industry.
Pros
great culture
Putnam Investment is a Mutual Fund Management Company with over 75 years of managed money experience.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Great place to learn the business and get a handle on how mutual funds are created, sold, managed, and serviced. It is a full-service customer service organization, open architecture, and very well managed.
Pros
Great entry-level training, great for gaining a foundation in the financial service industry
Cons
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 26, 2015
It is a good place to work, with good people and a nice balance. The managers are fair and you can tell they really care about you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Restriction on time
Productive evolving workplace
Senior Consultant Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Productive evolving workplace. Daily interaction with investment, compliance, product, operations teams needed to meet the needs of the consultant.
quality company
Senior Business Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 30, 2015
Putnam was a great place to work until the recession hit the financial services arena, mostly the swap and derivatives investments caused Putnam to lay off approximately 400 people, Being a IT consultant, I was one of the people that were consolidated.
Fun, energetic work environment
Inside Consultant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 26, 2015
My primary function in this position, as a true partner, is to focus on understanding my advisors’ business philosophies, goals and unique investment perspectives so that I can help them make more informed decisions for their clients. My goal is to build long-term relationships based on three critical values - service, integrity and accountability.
Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was sitting at your computer all day and inputting all retirement or educational transactions. I learned that if you sit all day your body doesn't feel good. Management was a joke. If you weren't in the "in crowd" then they barely wanted anything to do with you. The co-workers weren't so bad. Made the days alittle enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet all the ridiculous standards which stresses people out. And if they weren't met than you got trouble and lost your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was laid off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management and the processing standards
Pretty good entry level
Investor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 7, 2015
Good entry level work. Lot of knowledge is expected. Management is alright. Job depends on which manager you have. Co-workers are young and also interns. Career advancement opportunity are there but it depends on the manager again. Very micro-managed and analytic .
Best place to work
Sr. Processor/Employee Accounts (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 11, 2014
Worked with employee accounts, market timing accounts, and ran reports. Here I learned about stocks, data entry, and worked with outside companies on a daily basis. Management and the co-workers were great. Hardest part of my job wasn't the actual job, was the commute and my kids were small. Most enjoyable part was having contacts with different companies through the United States.
Pros
huge cafeteria, had a store inside, could order your dinner and be done by the time you left work
Cons
commute
Putnam
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work with culture reinforced by management. Great co-workers and peers were positive to meet company goals..

4.2