Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Management does an excellent job helping every employee feel comfortable and there is great opportunity for advancement.
Processor and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 24, 2012
I very much enjoyed working at Putnam all of the management goes above and beyond to assist you with any questions or problems so that you can be sure that everything you are processing is done correctly the first time. I learned to slow down and ask questions if you're not 100% sure on something, and by learning this through my peers I excelled at my work and took great pride in the work I did, and was very proud to have worked at this amazing company. Everyone was very friendly both management and my co-workers there was never a day that I did not look forward to going to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting awards for a job well done because it is a great feeling to be recognized for all my hard work. They only hard part of the job would be trying to network myself with my co-workers and upper management because I was not in the office very often since I worked at home. But with all of that said working at Putnam was by far the greatest job so far in my professional career.
Pros
great facility; including the lunch area and the food they served. and pot lucks.
Cons
there are no cons.
I have learned a lot about stocks and bonds and watching s&p
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 12, 2015
I am very Productive and do what I am told. I take my job very serious. I always get along with my co-workers, and am very outgoing. I've gained plenty experience working at Putnam Investments. I worked there for 7 years. I loved the people I worked with. The only reason I left Putnam Investments was due to having an opportunity to work for the Methuen Police Department. I gave my very best, and it was a definitely learning experience.I took a ten week course in Emergency Training Course, which helped me just recently when my husband had a seizure. I went to every Christmas Party they had once a year and my children loved it.
Pros
Putnam Investments had a health, eating right and exercising.
Cons
I really do not have any cons when I was working there.
Alerts OLY is an Event‐Driven Architecture designed to process business events and then provides consumers a mechanism to have visibility into those e
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
• Involved in design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional requirements.
• Introduced Spring Dependency Injection model in the application.
• Used several internal SOAP web services and invoked the services using proxies.
• Created connection pools, deployed application in IBM WebSphere Application Server.
• Developed custom validations and SPRING framework validations to validate user input.
• Created a Transaction History Web Service using SOAP that is used for internal communication in the workflow process.
• Used JAXB for generating java objects from XML Schema. And, used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and also used JDBC for database connectivity.
• Used PL/SQL for queries and stored procedures in SQL as the backend RDBMS.
Great opportunities if you're ready, willing, and able to look!
Account Associate via Xerox (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2013
I was working at Putnam Investments as a contractor for 4 yearsI worked in the document center as a contractor through Xerox Large corporation, a very nice place to work if you are dedicated and not lazy. They require consistency and commitment.They give you a lot of experiance and let you learn first how things should be done. Its great if you are just starting out your career.
Pros
xerox has several clusters of very talented people, and under the right managers employees gain good growth opportunities.
Cons
lots of downsizing, don't expect annual salary increases, they've shipped a lot of jobs overseas.
Favorite job, would still be there if company was not sold.
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2013
One of the best positions I have had in my 23 years experience as an Executive Assistant. Worked for 9 personality diverse managers who I have yet to come across since. Autonomous position as they each traveled approximately 75% of the time.

I learned exceptional organization, computer, client service, travel arranging, meeting/event coordinating skills as well as patience and understanding of specific needs per person.

The hardest part of the job was leaving. The company was sold by Marsh and Mac to Great West and our department was dissolved.
Pros
managers were supportive and great to work for/with
Cons
industry had difficult times.
Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was sitting at your computer all day and inputting all retirement or educational transactions. I learned that if you sit all day your body doesn't feel good. Management was a joke. If you weren't in the "in crowd" then they barely wanted anything to do with you. The co-workers weren't so bad. Made the days alittle enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet all the ridiculous standards which stresses people out. And if they weren't met than you got trouble and lost your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was laid off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management and the processing standards
Loved working here.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 19, 2014
I worked the phone bank and started at 8am. I chose to work overtime every chance I got so I would leave apprx 7pm.
I was able to use my knowledge of the mutual fund market place and learned why companies had to do what they do. Management was very helpful and supportive. I still keep in touch with my co workers today. I really di not have any problems in this position and enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
got paid for evry minute worked.
Best place to work
Sr. Processor/Employee Accounts (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 11, 2014
Worked with employee accounts, market timing accounts, and ran reports. Here I learned about stocks, data entry, and worked with outside companies on a daily basis. Management and the co-workers were great. Hardest part of my job wasn't the actual job, was the commute and my kids were small. Most enjoyable part was having contacts with different companies through the United States.
Pros
huge cafeteria, had a store inside, could order your dinner and be done by the time you left work
Cons
commute
Great benefits, great people
Client Service Representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 2, 2013
Putnam is a great place to work especially if you love finance and working with people. The Andover office is the call center they sponsor their employee for the finra series exams and also have tuition reimbursement for those considering returning to school. A typical day you receive around 40-50 calls, and work with shareholders, brokers, financial advisors and answer their questions about procedures, legal requirements, transaction requirements, product questions and account information.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 23, 2013
I absolutely loved working at Putnam Investments. It was a great job, Great people there wasn't anything about this job that I didn't like until they moved us to Norwood from Andover. I traveled for 3 months in the middle of winter and it was to long of a commute. I had wonderful co workers and a wonderful boss. I learned a lot about the computer as well as contributions and financial programs
Pros
fantastic job
Cons
wish it hadn't had to end
Great firm with good people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2012
Only worked for Putnam for one year in their branch office in Chicago (now closed). All I can say is, it was one of my best job experiences. When Putnam closed their Chicago branch, they kindly offered me a position in Boston, paying for my moving expenses. Ultimately, I decided against the move, but it was a testimony of how highly I thought of this firm to have even wrestled with this decision at all.
Putnam Investments
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 25, 2013
There was no typical day, Each day was different. I learned a lot about the mutual fund industry and the financial industry in general. Management team are great communicators and love to see you succeed. Co-workers were super-friendly and fun to work with since they had similar good work ethic. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients on the phone sometimes.
Work/life seminars, annual outings, great little store & cafe.
Administrative Assistant/Sr. Processor/QC (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 4, 2012
I started from the ground level & had 6 weeks for training for processing, 4 weeks training for broker dealer information, and 4 weeks for customer service. I went through 11 bosses in 5 years. I was offered to work at home, but living close by I chose not to. I wish now I had taken the offer.
Pros
close to home, 37.5 work week, great training
Cons
11 boss' within 5 years
Customer service assisting with annuities and/or mutual fund accounts
Investor Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 1, 2015
Assist shareholders and brokers with fund exchanges, withdrawals, death benefit quotes, and other aspects of fund management and account maintenance
Provide exceptional support to clients with Putnam-Hartford Insurance annuities and effectively respond to and alleviate account issues in a timely manner
Outline transaction requirements, process financial transactions, and provide up-to-date fund information
Pros
Learn great communication skills and awesome work place
Excellent foundation
Fixed Income Analytics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2012
Working with the fixed income group, I was able to build an excellent foundation for technical/quantitative skillset for review of volumes of data and real-time analysis. Highly intellegent investment team with good leadership and comraderie. I left for career advancement...there is an element of silos of knowledge and significant inertia if trying to move between groups (ie back-office vs operations vs investments).
Putnam Investment is a Mutual Fund Management Company with over 75 years of managed money experience.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Great place to learn the business and get a handle on how mutual funds are created, sold, managed, and serviced. It is a full-service customer service organization, open architecture, and very well managed.
Pros
Great entry-level training, great for gaining a foundation in the financial service industry
Fun, energetic work environment
Inside Consultant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 26, 2015
My primary function in this position, as a true partner, is to focus on understanding my advisors’ business philosophies, goals and unique investment perspectives so that I can help them make more informed decisions for their clients. My goal is to build long-term relationships based on three critical values - service, integrity and accountability.
PSR Job
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 17, 2014
• Provide excellent service to participants within the Defined Contribution Participant Services Call Center
• Participate in product, industry, and technical training
• Assist with on-going initiatives within a team based environment
• Demonstrate enhanced knowledge of Putnam’s retirement products and services through practical application with clients
• Diagnose client issues and demonstrate appropriate insight and judgment to provide customer focused solutions
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Regional Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Putnam has world-class trainers and managers who ensure you have all the tools to succeed. They pair you with a mentor, and together, you work to capitalize on market opportunities for a win-win outcome as often possible.
Pros
excellent offices with a campus-like setting.
Cons
the economy/bottom-line, make some of the decisions for management
High quality initial professional experience
Retirement Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 13, 2012
Putnam was a great place to be as a young executive. I developed my initial office etiquette and demeanor, pro sales training, office training, computer and technology training, sense of meetings, and public speaking experience through Putnam. Excellent platform to prepare for graduate school.
Pros
rare professional experience for my age
Cons
hurt during the 02-03 investment scandal

4.2