Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Product Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Working at Putnam was never dull. Lots of different projects going on with lots of opportunities to get involved with new technology. Work life balance was also incredibly
Pros
Great people to work with and very helpful, Great work life balance
Cons
Low pay, Career advancement is limited, Poor IT
Great work life and benefits, Highly political
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Excellent work life balance (four weeks vacation plus floating holidays!) and benefits, but can be highly political depending on the group. Seems arbitrary who is promoted, not necessarily based on merit or experience. Lower salaries but compensated with benefits and work from home opportunities.
Analysts (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 14, 2017
Low morale and extreme uncertainty.

If your an intern there is much to learn. You will get the experience you need to move on to a company with potential for a career with a future .
Pros
Work at home program
Cons
Health care and growth
Great job, first role at Putnam after graduating college
Regional Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Rewarding first job at Putnam before I was promoted to current Interal wholesaler role. Management was great at teaching and helping me learn the company, the industry, and what they expected from us.
Beautiful grounds to walk through during breaks .
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 13, 2016
My work day consists of researching shareholder's retirement accounts . Preparing and mailing company / client correspondence . Providing checks , commission reports , tax document & account history transcripts .
Putnam Investments
Administrative Assistant / Fixed Income (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2016
I love working among so many talented individuals but unfortunately there are many cons. Putnam extremely underpays their staff; there is zero work/life balance; there is no room for growth to further your career.
Product Strategy and Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2016
Putnam Investments has a great culture and compensation and benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The hardest part of the job is role-specific (not enough mobility).
Great office
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2016
A dynamic young office that manages to respect work life balance while still providing adequate opportunities to grow personally and professionally in the company.
Mutual Fund Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 22, 2016
Dealt with clients, brokers, backend offices to ensure transactions were handlede properly and if anyone had any issues with their account I'd make sure I was a point of reference since I was familiar with their issues,
Summery
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2016
Good and It is nice to work on Putnam Investment. mostly recommended work on it.
I have learned Selenium Automation. nothing hardest.
Excellent company all around with a team cafeteria and dining
Executive Assistant to SVP of Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 1, 2016
Days were challenging and very rewarding. Would go home everyday feeling fulfilled. Learned about mutual funds, retirement planes and 529's. Management and co-workers excellent, always looking for ways to help me grow and always supported me on a daily basis. Loved the different variety of tasks that faced me every day.
Pros
Full cafeteria, excellent benefits, excellent management, beautiful office
Cons
More training classes
Help Desk
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2016
I was in a call center tier 1. I learned a lot by taking all different types of calls. People were nice and management was cool. I did not like having to wear a tie all day. I liked troubleshooting over the phone
my productivity was above average
associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 7, 2016
my day started with reading the mail processing the checks after the checks were bagged they went to the scanner to be scanned which I did occasionally and then they were pulled in the check room and sent out to the bank by courier.
Pros
they gave us breakfast on occasion
Cons
we had an hour for lunch break
Love the culture
Analytical Analysis (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 31, 2016
Supervisor treated me extremely well. Very resourceful group and a relax place to work. Best first job I ever had as a co-op. The down side is as a co-op they don't give you anything too important.
ping pong
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2016
I had a similar job with Putnam Investments as a fund accounting supervisor as I had for Brown Brothers Harriman company see BBH review
Pros
Leave on time
Cons
Stay ;late
Investor Service Representative
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Great environment to work in. Great benefits. Enjoy going to work on a daily basis, and performing what is needed of me.
Pros
Great company
Great Working Environment and Freedom of work
Application support Investment Banking Application (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2015
Putnam gives opportunities to work with Experts in Finance domain. At the same time it gives freedom to work independently.
Golden Scales Rep
GOLDEN SCALE / DEDICATED SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2015
I had the opportunity to sell, advise and consult the top selling Brokers to the vast variety of Putnam funds and products. Working in a team atmosphere was an advantage. Outstanding management.
I have learned a lot about stocks and bonds and watching s&p
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 12, 2015
I am very Productive and do what I am told. I take my job very serious. I always get along with my co-workers, and am very outgoing. I've gained plenty experience working at Putnam Investments. I worked there for 7 years. I loved the people I worked with. The only reason I left Putnam Investments was due to having an opportunity to work for the Methuen Police Department. I gave my very best, and it was a definitely learning experience.I took a ten week course in Emergency Training Course, which helped me just recently when my husband had a seizure. I went to every Christmas Party they had once a year and my children loved it.
Pros
Putnam Investments had a health, eating right and exercising.
Cons
I really do not have any cons when I was working there.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 26, 2015
It is a good place to work, with good people and a nice balance. The managers are fair and you can tell they really care about you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Restriction on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2