Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Fun play to be, massive corporate culture though
LAN Integrator - Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2017
Management as a unit was lackluster although my direct manager at the time was a top-notch person, highly respect him even today. Massive corporate culture where at times image was more important than subject knowledge. Too much emphasis on questionable metrics but as a 'consultant' it did not really affect me as much as it did FTEs.
Putnam promotes a culture that encourages teamwork and communication.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 5, 2017
One of my favorite things about my job is that while the atmosphere is professional there still is a value in building a culture that promotes friendly communication and there is an effort to make everyone comfortable in the environment. Supervisors and Team Leaders are engaging and give there best effort to coach their team members in an encouraging manner.

Overall I have learned tremendous industry knowledge, a better understanding of mutual funds, fiduciary vs, non-fiduciary account, and very valuable customer service experience.
Fast paced
Preferred Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 2, 2017
Working in a Call Center is an educational experience in several ways, customer service, business knowledge, and working closely with co-workers.

At Putnam I was given the opportunity to obtain my Series 6, 7, and 63. Throughout the studying process and taking calls I became very educated in the Financial Industry.

It was a wonderful educational experience and at the end of the day providing a resolution to a caller was fulfilling.
Pros
educational opportunities
Cons
Call center turnover
Great place to work if you can put in the time, energy and effort
AVP - Associate Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 30, 2017
Lot's of opportunity as long as you can dedicate your time. Management embraces loyalty and effort. Plenty of opportunity for achievement and career path.
Productive work place
Transactions Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 24, 2017
Fast pace environment
I learned how to finance my money
Good management
Fun workplace
Hardest is to deal with is when the computer is down
Most enjoyable is we have chefs on board
Pros
We get 15 percent profit sharing
Cons
Healthcare
Volunteering
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 23, 2017
*data entry QC data entry
review legal docs call outs
*much opportunity
*assist better performance
*feedback sheets errors stressful
*feeling of accomplishment
Pros
work at home
Cons
the stressful once a week feedback sheet.
Putnam Review
Data Analyst - Business Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2017
Putnam:
This is a good place to work, but has a strict financial company feel. most positions required business professional (tie) attire. This was my observation when I worked there, 10 years ago. it may have changed.
Not a lot of space to grow
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 11, 2017
My experience at Putnam Investments as a customer service rep by all means was extraordinary. It offered me the first opportunity to be in a professional fast paced team environment and learn from it. The culture at the company is very welcoming and the staff in general, along with management, were very supportive. Although Putnam does offer all of these amazing things for an intern, there is little opportunity to move up or to get involved with the buy side analytical aspect of the mutual fund business (which is where I wanted to be heading). I am currently studying for the CFA I exam and will apply in the future again in an attempt to secure an analyst role.
Pros
People, Culture, Management
Cons
Growth
Great Experience
Senior Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 2, 2017
Good overall culture. Great experience to learn the inner workings of the stock market. Good benefits. The only downfall is that when the stock market tanks, many people get laid off.
Pros
Too many to name.
Cons
tough in a bear market.
good
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 11, 2017
good place to work, but the compensation is low for the work done. managers were great and helpful, little room for growth as an entry level position.
They eat thier young
Technical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 6, 2017
Log onto the mainframe and review the status of the nightly batch cycle. Respond to transaction inquiries. Plan for the next Sungard release. I learned the Sungard application OmniPay, OmniPlan and OmniPlus and were and how to include custom code. Management was very hands on. We were all given much more work than could be expected to be completed in a normal workday. The amount of work expected and the number of hours needed to complete the work. The people were the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
The people
Cons
Workplace culture
good place to learn
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2017
it is a great place to learn about the financial industry but there isn't a lot of room for growth. also for the east coast the salary could be better
Professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 19, 2017
Putnam was very professional work place and was always trying to bring out the best in their employees.

Offered classes and seminars to help employees be great 'faces for Putnam'.

Learned that internal customers are just as important as the outside customers. Breed a culture of being the best you can be!
All work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 17, 2017
Agility work place. You are a Jack of all trades. Must work independently and follow procedures. Must be willing to change with the needs of the company.
Pros
part time jobs
Cons
micro managed
Great Environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 14, 2017
Great Environment and Work/ Life Balance. Advancement opportunities are available. Benefits are also great. Opportunity to learn about mutual funds, retirement, and 401k products.
Very positive work experience
Server Operations Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work. Ability to work with multiple technologies. Fast paced for the most part with times of slow down. However with movements to cloud technology, virtualization, and the outsourcing of IT etc many positions were eliminated.
Excellent job which gave me a chance
Senior Production Supervisor of Automated Mail (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2017
Important job for me. Putnam had an corporate structure in the finance industry but we did and essential job providing mail for broker/shareholder, retirement, and marketing departments.
Pros
Long hours, including weekends and holidays
Cons
we relied on a lot of people to do their jobs.
Great advancement opportunities
Administrative Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 25, 2017
Environment is stressful due to the nature of the job - Finance
Great financial benefits - quarterly bonuses
Vacation and sick policy is beneficial to the employees
Advancement opportunities are available in all classes of employees
Pros
Benefits and job advancement opportunities
Cons
Stressful due to the Financial environment
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Product Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Working at Putnam was never dull. Lots of different projects going on with lots of opportunities to get involved with new technology. Work life balance was also incredibly
Pros
Great people to work with and very helpful, Great work life balance
Cons
Low pay, Career advancement is limited, Poor IT
Great work life and benefits, Highly political
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Excellent work life balance (four weeks vacation plus floating holidays!) and benefits, but can be highly political depending on the group. Seems arbitrary who is promoted, not necessarily based on merit or experience. Lower salaries but compensated with benefits and work from home opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Putnam Investments Reviews by Location