Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment and Freedom of work
Application support Investment Banking Application (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2015
Putnam gives opportunities to work with Experts in Finance domain. At the same time it gives freedom to work independently.
Golden Scales Rep
GOLDEN SCALE / DEDICATED SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2015
I had the opportunity to sell, advise and consult the top selling Brokers to the vast variety of Putnam funds and products. Working in a team atmosphere was an advantage. Outstanding management.
I have learned a lot about stocks and bonds and watching s&p
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 12, 2015
I am very Productive and do what I am told. I take my job very serious. I always get along with my co-workers, and am very outgoing. I've gained plenty experience working at Putnam Investments. I worked there for 7 years. I loved the people I worked with. The only reason I left Putnam Investments was due to having an opportunity to work for the Methuen Police Department. I gave my very best, and it was a definitely learning experience.I took a ten week course in Emergency Training Course, which helped me just recently when my husband had a seizure. I went to every Christmas Party they had once a year and my children loved it.
Pros
Putnam Investments had a health, eating right and exercising.
Cons
I really do not have any cons when I was working there.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 26, 2015
It is a good place to work, with good people and a nice balance. The managers are fair and you can tell they really care about you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Restriction on time
Professional, positive work enviornment
401k Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 15, 2015
Putnam has a great training program, and they truly care about seeing their employees succeed and advance in the financial industry.
Pros
great culture
Customer service assisting with annuities and/or mutual fund accounts
Investor Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 1, 2015
Assist shareholders and brokers with fund exchanges, withdrawals, death benefit quotes, and other aspects of fund management and account maintenance
Provide exceptional support to clients with Putnam-Hartford Insurance annuities and effectively respond to and alleviate account issues in a timely manner
Outline transaction requirements, process financial transactions, and provide up-to-date fund information
Pros
Learn great communication skills and awesome work place
Productive evolving workplace
Senior Consultant Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Productive evolving workplace. Daily interaction with investment, compliance, product, operations teams needed to meet the needs of the consultant.
Putnam Operation in Andover
Operations (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 18, 2015
The people are nice. Sometimes operations can be unprofessional. Employees that have been there for a while become complacent. Some departments are detached from the rest of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Manager are often disengaged, Very low pay
Putnam
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work with culture reinforced by management. Great co-workers and peers were positive to meet company goals..
quality company
Senior Business Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 30, 2015
Putnam was a great place to work until the recession hit the financial services arena, mostly the swap and derivatives investments caused Putnam to lay off approximately 400 people, Being a IT consultant, I was one of the people that were consolidated.

Want to know more about Putnam Investments?

Ask a question
Putnam Investment is a Mutual Fund Management Company with over 75 years of managed money experience.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Great place to learn the business and get a handle on how mutual funds are created, sold, managed, and serviced. It is a full-service customer service organization, open architecture, and very well managed.
Pros
Great entry-level training, great for gaining a foundation in the financial service industry
Pretty good entry level
Investor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 7, 2015
Good entry level work. Lot of knowledge is expected. Management is alright. Job depends on which manager you have. Co-workers are young and also interns. Career advancement opportunity are there but it depends on the manager again. Very micro-managed and analytic .
Fun, energetic work environment
Inside Consultant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 26, 2015
My primary function in this position, as a true partner, is to focus on understanding my advisors’ business philosophies, goals and unique investment perspectives so that I can help them make more informed decisions for their clients. My goal is to build long-term relationships based on three critical values - service, integrity and accountability.
Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was sitting at your computer all day and inputting all retirement or educational transactions. I learned that if you sit all day your body doesn't feel good. Management was a joke. If you weren't in the "in crowd" then they barely wanted anything to do with you. The co-workers weren't so bad. Made the days alittle enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet all the ridiculous standards which stresses people out. And if they weren't met than you got trouble and lost your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was laid off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management and the processing standards
Alerts OLY is an Event‐Driven Architecture designed to process business events and then provides consumers a mechanism to have visibility into those e
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
• Involved in design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional requirements.
• Introduced Spring Dependency Injection model in the application.
• Used several internal SOAP web services and invoked the services using proxies.
• Created connection pools, deployed application in IBM WebSphere Application Server.
• Developed custom validations and SPRING framework validations to validate user input.
• Created a Transaction History Web Service using SOAP that is used for internal communication in the workflow process.
• Used JAXB for generating java objects from XML Schema. And, used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and also used JDBC for database connectivity.
• Used PL/SQL for queries and stored procedures in SQL as the backend RDBMS.
Best place to work
Sr. Processor/Employee Accounts (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 11, 2014
Worked with employee accounts, market timing accounts, and ran reports. Here I learned about stocks, data entry, and worked with outside companies on a daily basis. Management and the co-workers were great. Hardest part of my job wasn't the actual job, was the commute and my kids were small. Most enjoyable part was having contacts with different companies through the United States.
Pros
huge cafeteria, had a store inside, could order your dinner and be done by the time you left work
Cons
commute
Intense, competitive and customer focus
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 24, 2014
Managed high profile investment portfolios while consulting with Institutional, Trust and Broker Dealers. Placed the highest value on customer service and satisfaction.
Pros
office setting and knowing the customer/investor came first.
Cons
cafeteria food was awful
Loved working here.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 19, 2014
I worked the phone bank and started at 8am. I chose to work overtime every chance I got so I would leave apprx 7pm.
I was able to use my knowledge of the mutual fund market place and learned why companies had to do what they do. Management was very helpful and supportive. I still keep in touch with my co workers today. I really di not have any problems in this position and enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
got paid for evry minute worked.
PSR Job
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 17, 2014
• Provide excellent service to participants within the Defined Contribution Participant Services Call Center
• Participate in product, industry, and technical training
• Assist with on-going initiatives within a team based environment
• Demonstrate enhanced knowledge of Putnam’s retirement products and services through practical application with clients
• Diagnose client issues and demonstrate appropriate insight and judgment to provide customer focused solutions
Great Place to work for
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 9, 2014
I would talk to our primary investors and correct any problems they may have in their accounts

4.2