Putnam Investments Employee Reviews in United States

Investor Service Representative
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Great environment to work in. Great benefits. Enjoy going to work on a daily basis, and performing what is needed of me.
Pros
Great company
Putnam Operation in Andover
Operations (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 18, 2015
The people are nice. Sometimes operations can be unprofessional. Employees that have been there for a while become complacent. Some departments are detached from the rest of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Manager are often disengaged, Very low pay
my productivity was above average
associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 7, 2016
my day started with reading the mail processing the checks after the checks were bagged they went to the scanner to be scanned which I did occasionally and then they were pulled in the check room and sent out to the bank by courier.
Pros
they gave us breakfast on occasion
Cons
we had an hour for lunch break
Help Desk
Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2016
I was in a call center tier 1. I learned a lot by taking all different types of calls. People were nice and management was cool. I did not like having to wear a tie all day. I liked troubleshooting over the phone
Love the culture
Analytical Analysis (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 31, 2016
Supervisor treated me extremely well. Very resourceful group and a relax place to work. Best first job I ever had as a co-op. The down side is as a co-op they don't give you anything too important.
I have learned a lot about stocks and bonds and watching s&p
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 12, 2015
I am very Productive and do what I am told. I take my job very serious. I always get along with my co-workers, and am very outgoing. I've gained plenty experience working at Putnam Investments. I worked there for 7 years. I loved the people I worked with. The only reason I left Putnam Investments was due to having an opportunity to work for the Methuen Police Department. I gave my very best, and it was a definitely learning experience.I took a ten week course in Emergency Training Course, which helped me just recently when my husband had a seizure. I went to every Christmas Party they had once a year and my children loved it.
Pros
Putnam Investments had a health, eating right and exercising.
Cons
I really do not have any cons when I was working there.
Great opportunities if you're ready, willing, and able to look!
Account Associate via Xerox (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2013
I was working at Putnam Investments as a contractor for 4 yearsI worked in the document center as a contractor through Xerox Large corporation, a very nice place to work if you are dedicated and not lazy. They require consistency and commitment.They give you a lot of experiance and let you learn first how things should be done. Its great if you are just starting out your career.
Pros
xerox has several clusters of very talented people, and under the right managers employees gain good growth opportunities.
Cons
lots of downsizing, don't expect annual salary increases, they've shipped a lot of jobs overseas.
ping pong
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2016
I had a similar job with Putnam Investments as a fund accounting supervisor as I had for Brown Brothers Harriman company see BBH review
Pros
Leave on time
Cons
Stay ;late
Customer service assisting with annuities and/or mutual fund accounts
Investor Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 1, 2015
Assist shareholders and brokers with fund exchanges, withdrawals, death benefit quotes, and other aspects of fund management and account maintenance
Provide exceptional support to clients with Putnam-Hartford Insurance annuities and effectively respond to and alleviate account issues in a timely manner
Outline transaction requirements, process financial transactions, and provide up-to-date fund information
Pros
Learn great communication skills and awesome work place
Golden Scales Rep
GOLDEN SCALE / DEDICATED SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 11, 2015
I had the opportunity to sell, advise and consult the top selling Brokers to the vast variety of Putnam funds and products. Working in a team atmosphere was an advantage. Outstanding management.

Want to know more about Putnam Investments?

Ask a question
Great Working Environment and Freedom of work
Application support Investment Banking Application (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2015
Putnam gives opportunities to work with Experts in Finance domain. At the same time it gives freedom to work independently.
Good people & work environment. Culture & values sliding under current leadership
Investments (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2012
Putnam was a great place to work with a very healthy and vibrant culture. It still holds some of these qualities, but values and culture have been on the slide under current leadership.
Pros
people, competitive salary
Cons
political, less merits based, short-termism
Great people, great culture
Technical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 2, 2014
Putnam is a great company to work for. They do a great job creating and culture and recognizing their employees. The job can have its hectic moments and its slow moments but my co-workers make Putnam a great place to be.
Pros
culture, benefits
Cons
micro-managing
Professional, positive work enviornment
401k Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 15, 2015
Putnam has a great training program, and they truly care about seeing their employees succeed and advance in the financial industry.
Pros
great culture
great place to work
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 24, 2012
Processing financial and non-financials to meet daily deadlines, co-workers were great people. Setting up new accounts such as retirement and non-retirement accounts. invest cash investments. Processing redemtions and transfers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the requirements are constantly changing
good place to start
analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 9, 2013
good place to start your career. Hard place to move up. Good benifits and a great work/life balance.
Putnam
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work with culture reinforced by management. Great co-workers and peers were positive to meet company goals..
Control Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Putnam sold off there 401k business to Mercer. So i have the same review about the company as I did for Mercer. Thaank you
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 26, 2015
It is a good place to work, with good people and a nice balance. The managers are fair and you can tell they really care about you.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Restriction on time
Great coompany
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 7, 2013
Great company, great benefits, strict corporate culture. Wonderful staff.

4.2