Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments Employer Reviews

Excellent Learning Opportunity
Regional Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Andover, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: excellent offices with a campus-like setting.
Cons: the economy/bottom-line, make some of the decisions for management
Putnam has world-class trainers and managers who ensure you have all the tools to succeed. They pair you with a mentor, and together, you work to capitalize on market opportunities for a win-win outcome as often possible.
Good people & work environment. Culture & values sliding under current leadership
Investments (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2012
Pros: people, competitive salary
Cons: political, less merits based, short-termism
Putnam was a great place to work with a very healthy and vibrant culture. It still holds some of these qualities, but values and culture have been on the slide under current leadership.
a very professional place to work
senior machine operator (Former Employee), Franklin, MAOctober 31, 2012
I have work for Putnam investments for twenty years as a machine operator in putnam mail room. I started in 1987 in the braintree area.moving to franklin area were i work there until i were laid off from the company fiserv decided to move the company to houston.
Great Training Program
Dealer Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 1, 2012
Started my career in mutual funds at Putnam. Great training program.
Management does an excellent job helping every employee feel comfortable and there is great opportunity for advancement.
Processor and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great facility; including the lunch area and the food they served. and pot lucks.
Cons: there are no cons.
I very much enjoyed working at Putnam all of the management goes above and beyond to assist you with any questions or problems so that you can be sure that everything you are processing is done correctly the first time. I learned to slow down and ask questions if you're not 100% sure on something, and by learning this through my peers I excelled at – more... my work and took great pride in the work I did, and was very proud to have worked at this amazing company. Everyone was very friendly both management and my co-workers there was never a day that I did not look forward to going to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting awards for a job well done because it is a great feeling to be recognized for all my hard work. They only hard part of the job would be trying to network myself with my co-workers and upper management because I was not in the office very often since I worked at home. But with all of that said working at Putnam was by far the greatest job so far in my professional career. – less
Freedom to implement ideas in any asset class
Investment Associate (Current Employee), BostonSeptember 13, 2012
Great place to learn to start a career in Investment Management
My best place to work!
BA/QA (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 12, 2012
Fixed income shop, great location, relaxed and fun place to work
Nice Working Culture
FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2012
Working on Contract so No benefits for me but Overall is Good.
great place to work
Senior Processor (Former Employee), Andover, MAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the requirements are constantly changing
Processing financial and non-financials to meet daily deadlines, co-workers were great people. Setting up new accounts such as retirement and non-retirement accounts. invest cash investments. Processing redemtions and transfers
IT Works Hard for the Business to Play
Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great location, small company
Cons: limited opportunity for growth, shrinking workforce
Unappreciative business partners and management without direction makes for a lot of wasted time
LAN Integrator for Work at Home Employees
LAN Integrator for Work at Home Program (Former Employee), Andover, MAJuly 31, 2012
I was able to work from home as a LAN Integrator for other work at home employees. Management was wonderful, but employment was not stable once the work at home program was being phased out.
Putnam Investments
Trading Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2012
Putnam Investments was my first job out of college and a wonderful introduction to the markets in general. It is a company that I would highly recommend getting in front and an offer I cartianly wouldn't turn down!
Work/life seminars, annual outings, great little store & cafe.
Administrative Assistant/Sr. Processor/QC (Former Employee), Andover, MAMay 4, 2012
Pros: close to home, 37.5 work week, great training
Cons: 11 boss' within 5 years
I started from the ground level & had 6 weeks for training for processing, 4 weeks training for broker dealer information, and 4 weeks for customer service. I went through 11 bosses in 5 years. I was offered to work at home, but living close by I chose not to. I wish now I had taken the offer.
fun energetic people
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), North Andover, MAApril 11, 2012
Pros: fun energetic learning envirement
Cons: company outsourced my job
check the Bloomberg for updated news stories. Check the NASDAQ for percentages or grater or lower than 10%. filing papers. record keeping. Calling foreign countries to get latest picks on securities.
High quality initial professional experience
Retirement Associate (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 13, 2012
Pros: rare professional experience for my age
Cons: hurt during the 02-03 investment scandal
Putnam was a great place to be as a young executive. I developed my initial office etiquette and demeanor, pro sales training, office training, computer and technology training, sense of meetings, and public speaking experience through Putnam. Excellent platform to prepare for graduate school.
Excellent foundation
Fixed Income Analytics Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2012
Working with the fixed income group, I was able to build an excellent foundation for technical/quantitative skillset for review of volumes of data and real-time analysis. Highly intellegent investment team with good leadership and comraderie. I left for career advancement...there is an element of silos of knowledge and significant inertia if trying – more... to move between groups (ie back-office vs operations vs investments). – less
Great firm with good people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2012
Only worked for Putnam for one year in their branch office in Chicago (now closed). All I can say is, it was one of my best job experiences. When Putnam closed their Chicago branch, they kindly offered me a position in Boston, paying for my moving expenses. Ultimately, I decided against the move, but it was a testimony of how highly I thought of this – more... firm to have even wrestled with this decision at all. – less

About Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with 75 years of investment experience. Our broad range of investment – Read more