Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments Employer Reviews

My best place to work!
BA/QA (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 12, 2012
Fixed income shop, great location, relaxed and fun place to work
Nice Working Culture
FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2012
Working on Contract so No benefits for me but Overall is Good.
great place to work
Senior Processor (Former Employee), Andover, MAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the requirements are constantly changing
Processing financial and non-financials to meet daily deadlines, co-workers were great people. Setting up new accounts such as retirement and non-retirement accounts. invest cash investments. Processing redemtions and transfers
IT Works Hard for the Business to Play
Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great location, small company
Cons: limited opportunity for growth, shrinking workforce
Unappreciative business partners and management without direction makes for a lot of wasted time
LAN Integrator for Work at Home Employees
LAN Integrator for Work at Home Program (Former Employee), Andover, MAJuly 31, 2012
I was able to work from home as a LAN Integrator for other work at home employees. Management was wonderful, but employment was not stable once the work at home program was being phased out.
Putnam Investments
Trading Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2012
Putnam Investments was my first job out of college and a wonderful introduction to the markets in general. It is a company that I would highly recommend getting in front and an offer I cartianly wouldn't turn down!
Work/life seminars, annual outings, great little store & cafe.
Administrative Assistant/Sr. Processor/QC (Former Employee), Andover, MAMay 4, 2012
Pros: close to home, 37.5 work week, great training
Cons: 11 boss' within 5 years
I started from the ground level & had 6 weeks for training for processing, 4 weeks training for broker dealer information, and 4 weeks for customer service. I went through 11 bosses in 5 years. I was offered to work at home, but living close by I chose not to. I wish now I had taken the offer.
fun energetic people
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), North Andover, MAApril 11, 2012
Pros: fun energetic learning envirement
Cons: company outsourced my job
check the Bloomberg for updated news stories. Check the NASDAQ for percentages or grater or lower than 10%. filing papers. record keeping. Calling foreign countries to get latest picks on securities.
High quality initial professional experience
Retirement Associate (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 13, 2012
Pros: rare professional experience for my age
Cons: hurt during the 02-03 investment scandal
Putnam was a great place to be as a young executive. I developed my initial office etiquette and demeanor, pro sales training, office training, computer and technology training, sense of meetings, and public speaking experience through Putnam. Excellent platform to prepare for graduate school.
Excellent foundation
Fixed Income Analytics Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2012
Working with the fixed income group, I was able to build an excellent foundation for technical/quantitative skillset for review of volumes of data and real-time analysis. Highly intellegent investment team with good leadership and comraderie. I left for career advancement...there is an element of silos of knowledge and significant inertia if trying – more... to move between groups (ie back-office vs operations vs investments). – less
Great firm with good people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2012
Only worked for Putnam for one year in their branch office in Chicago (now closed). All I can say is, it was one of my best job experiences. When Putnam closed their Chicago branch, they kindly offered me a position in Boston, paying for my moving expenses. Ultimately, I decided against the move, but it was a testimony of how highly I thought of this – more... firm to have even wrestled with this decision at all. – less

About Putnam Investments

Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with 75 years of investment experience. Our broad range of investment – Read more