Puyallup Tribal Health Authority

Puyallup Tribal Health Authority Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work!
RN Educator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 2, 2017
Truly holistic care provided in a warm and family oriented environment! If you are interested in working in Tribal Healthcare, I truly cannot imagine a more amazing place to work!
Pros
Multidisciplinary team atmosphere, benefit packages, time off, variety of responsibilities
Puyallup Tribal Health Authority
Welcome Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 22, 2016
A Native American Medical Clinic that provides Medical; Dental; Pharmacy; Alcohol/Drug and Mental Health Counseling, Security and many other health benefits for Enrolled Native Americans. This is a beautiful facility located above the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma. It is a warm and friendly environment that welcomes patients and guests with compassion and respect.The Clinic provides a beautiful break room with a top of line coffee dispenser free for employees 24/7. The Puyallup Tribal Clinic has an annual Staff Retreat and provides a day of fun and cultural experiences in a beautiful Native American Resort in Poulsbo and provides transportation to and from the Retreat. If you would like to work in a Cultural environment with Native Americans, this is the place to work.
Pros
Good benefits in a warm and friendly environment.
Hostile work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 17, 2015
I cant speak for other departments in the clinic, but I can speak for pharmacy. There is no such thing as over time, even if you stay late to assist the management after hours. "You wont turn into a pumpkin if you aren't out of here on time". The technician supervisor, Pharmacy manager and... well a pharmacist who is in close enough with both of those two and seems to think she is management, will talk about other technicians and pharmacists if you are there late with them. High favoritism among the technicians with no real standard of a valuable employee vs a bad employee (ie a technician that NEVER came to work but was regarded rather highly among the management). Do not expect to actually balance your actual life with this job, should you have an unexpected emergency or hardship it will be documented and mentioned in your evaluation as a means of improvement. It will be like clock work that you recieve an inch thick packet of insurance claims that you did incorrectly, usually dating back at least 3-5 months from a pharmacist that doesnt do any actual pharmacist work, but just sits in the back of the pharmacy eating and chatting on her phone while creating said packets. As a technician you will be given the cold shoulder if you do something unfavorable, dont expect the treament to stop until someone else does something unfavorable as well, if you're lucky, you might get a 3 page letter pointing out each and every discrepancy that was made. The pharmacy manager and technician supervisor will put forth policies for you to follow, then not back you up when you go to enforce such  more... a policy and make it look as if you are giving the patient a hard time on purpose. Death, divorce and life threatening illnesses are not a reason to call out, face lifts and plastic surgery are just peachy with management however. If you arent a Puyallup Native, do not bother going to HR, they will pretend to be concerned and out you to managment if you bring up anything concerning. Be prepared to break pharmacy laws and endager your license just to please a tribal member as well. The pay was not DOE, it depended on who was liked the most. All in all, hands down one of the worst places I have ever worked, with the worst management I have ever dealt with, my God be with you if you work in THIS pharmacy.  less
Pros
A good place to get fat
Cons
A good place to lose your job, self esteem, self worth etc..
excellent place to work
cpc/biller (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 6, 2015
The environment is warm and friendly and culturally accepting. The staff are great and I would not be leaving except for the need for me to now find new opportunities.
Pros
staff
internship
Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2014
I assisted in front office duties, answering telephones, setting appointments, checking in patients, confirming patient demographics, copy machine, verified insurance.
Awesome benefits
MLT (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 26, 2013
Great benefits and great staff. A pleasure to work with and I will truely miss this Job.
Assisting the patients always made my day.....
Referral Coordinator/Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 7, 2013
After assisting perhaps 60 patients in a day made one feel fulfilled. The clients were always appreciative of our help. They helped me to appreciate life daily. My co-workers were all very dependable, happy to be in there. Hardest part was for me personally the long drive home. Most enjoyable part of the job were helping the children and the elderly.
Pros
nice place to work in.
Cons
still a nice place to work in.
Great place to work.
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma WAFebruary 11, 2013
PTHA is a great place to work. This agency actually puts the client first. The staff is respectful and the management is very supportive.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
very busy schedules
PTHA is a place of healing. A majority of people who come here leave in better condition than when they came.
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WashingtonFebruary 17, 2012
The Puyallup Tribal Health Authority is a entitiy of the Puyallup Tribe. It's function is to provide health care for Native Americans in Pierce County. It has done this with a dedication to quality and sensitivity to Native American Culture.

Employees here truly care about the Native American community they serve. The approximatly 200 employees are from a variety of ethnic and social backgrounds. The complany values diversity and respects the value of individual contribution.
Pros
it is generally a friendly, family oriented place to work.
Cons
deals with disease; mental defects, poor health habits, draining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Puyallup Tribal Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5