PwC Employee Reviews in United States

Very Rewarding Company For Hard Workers
FILE INVENTORY MANAGER/CLIENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 3, 2016
PWC is an amazing place to work, and really rewards employees with high work ethic. Throughout the day you will meet many challenges, and be relied upon by coworkers to keep up your end. Management is both understandable and approachable. I've learned that what you put in is what you get so always make sure to give it your all to reach your goals.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation, holidays, environment, etc. Many.
Cons
Demanding work schedule.
Great place for a busy season contract
Senior Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
PwC invested a lot in my training in the latest audit software which turned out to be invaluable when thrust into busy season work. I was very impressed by the work ethic of all those involved on my team. There isn't much work life balance during busy season, but every effort is made to ensure that important personal events are not missed. As for job security, this was a three month contract position.
Pros
Challenging atmosphere
Cons
Hours during busy season. However, this was well explained.
Great exposure to client management
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
My job includes great exposure to client management and senior engagement team members. There are young and friendly coworkers.
Great Public Accounting Experience
Core Assurance Technology Experienced Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
-Great exposure to Fortune 500 Companies
-Ability to work on private clients as well as public clients
-Several leadership opportunities available
-Most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to work with different teams
-Hardest part of the job are the long hours in busy season
Pros
Leadership and global opportunities
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Fun workplace with lots of learning
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILMay 1, 2016
Very nice learning, upgradadion and grooming and fun place to be at. MAnagement is very good and cooperative, HR is innovative and trainings conducted regularly to update the team members.
Audit
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRApril 28, 2016
Auditor wizard 1
Review of financial statements in the area of Cash,
Accounts Receivable, Expenses
Anticipated, Inventories, property plant and equipment. Liabilities Short and Long Term Provisions, Spending Review, Review of Payroll, verification of compliance with labor standards, verification process will take physical inventory, among other requirements that may have customers of the firm.
4 People in charge.
Strong company culture, great opportunities - long hours
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2016
PwC is a great place to work and provides a number of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. The Company is committed to improving their technology and developing employees through a variety of engagements and continuing education
Hit or Miss
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2016
A really great firm that will teach many people what it is like to be in Public Accounting at the top.

I interned during the Winter Busy season term and it was very hectic in the beginning. Working 12hr+ days as a fresh intern was definitely one of the more challenging things I have ever done in my life. I learned a tremendous amount both about work and about the corporate world and these small tips will help me further in my career. Management and my co-workers were rather hit or miss. With some of my co-workers it was great that I was able to connect with them and able to talk about life and feel relaxed while there were a few co-workers that made it very hard to approach them and talk about things as we were from completely opposite backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job was definitely learning all the new systems and trying to make as little mistakes as possible while the most enjoyable part of the job was getting a tough assignment completed, reviewed, and finding out that everything went smooth.

I would definitely recommend PwC for those who are looking for the Big 4 accounting experience.
Pros
Free food when working late.
Cons
Can't use your phone even during lunch to catch up on emails and missed calls.
The best place I have ever worked
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2016
PWC is the best place I have ever worked for many reasons work, life balance, environment, attitude of staff, culture, job security, & benefits!
Pros
Everything that is good about work, enviroment, culture etc
Cons
No Cons
Good learning environment not for the faint of heart
Manager, Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2016
Good environment as far as management consulting goes. Little to no work life balance as to be expected, but rewarding experience opportunities abound.
Good brand equity, good coworkers
Experienced Associate - FSR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2016
I like PwC as it provides the platform to work with many Fortune 500 companies. I am happy with what I have and at the same time open to other opportunities.
Repectable brand and diversified workforce
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2016
PwC is one of the best companies to work for. Workforce is very diversified and good performance guarantees growth regardless of your racial or economic background.
great work experience
Taxation Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2016
Prepared partnerships returns, used Gosystem Tax Software, Excel
Handled cases in French tax law, legal research related to debt instruments Meetings with clients, shadowing experience
Great people and great company with plenty of opportunity to grow. Work/life balance is not very flexible
PwC Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Great company to work for, but not very flexible work/life balance. Plenty of opportunities to advance and grow if it is something that interests you.
Great place to work but hard to grow
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2016
great place to work but it was hard to grow without kissing up to the HR. Hard work went unnoticed as well. The reward for hard work were mediocre.
Pros
free lunches on several occasions
Cons
hard to grow
Great place for work and life balance. Flexibility of telecommuting.
Lead Support Analyst level 2, Tax (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2016
Very relaxed atmosphere even when under pressure. Staff members looked after well during stressed times.
Trust factor and flexibility resulted in better output of performance of the staff.
Pros
Telecommuting approved when needed
Cons
Too many administrative tasks
PwC Senior Associate
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Good pay and benefits, poor direction from management, heavy internal politics which limit movement within organization
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Great place to work depending on department. People are focused, driven but quite nice. It is hard and can be stressful but you stay focused on what you are doing and it will pay off.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
People are very focused not too friendly
A great company to work for
Business Support Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 6, 2016
I felt that PwC is a great company to work for. I had the luck of the straw with a new manager and fairly new HR rep., that in my opinion, did not know what they were doing causing a negative atmosphere instead of a productive one.
Consutling Environment
Senior Associate, Advisory (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
It is tailored more for colleague grads to work up the rank, not for bringing external experienced resources

Must become embedded with work teams and directors and they tend to favour the ones they recruited or ones they have worked with. If you come from the outside, it is hard if you did not come in with a team or group that will give you opportunities to get onto client engagements
Pros
Global Exposure
Cons
Lack of team work