PwC
1,291 reviews

PwC Employee Reviews

Work on Various IT Projects to advance firm objectives
Project Management Accomplishments (Former Employee), Charlotte/Los AngelesJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, team get togethers, travel
Cons: Hard deadlines some long hours
A typical day would consists of follow up with project stakeholders on progress of projects, complete project work, meetings with project team completing project assignments.

I learned how to get things done in a team with varied personalities and without authority. Interpersonal relationships skills are key for project success.

Management of time and resources are also very important to a successful project and making sure that everyone understands the goal of the project team.

My co-workers were a group of dedicated professionals, some I worked with locally and some virtually. Not everyone does things the way you do or the way you like but they get it done and you have to respect other peoples process.

The hardest part of the job is always when things happen unexpectedly or not according to plan. It's important during those times to keep calm, instill confidence and do your best to change the situation as quickly as possible.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the varied job duties I love going 100 mph everyday and working as a team to accomplish goals draws people closer.
Great
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: free food, people, network
Cons: Overloaded sometimes
The people here are outstanding and great to work with. their is always a friendly conversation and a great place to build a network to better and brighter things
Overview of Priorities
Tax Associate Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 29, 2015
Company offered benefits from the first day of hire. The culture at PWC is made up of many nationalities. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
NYM Real Estate Tax Experienced Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Had the opportunity to work remotely for my head office, sitting from my home town. Awesome experience, with globalization I think more and more corporations with move forward with this operating model.
Manager
Engagement Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 22, 2015
There is always room for improvement in the workplace. Opportunity to do specialized work would be a welcome change.
Hardest part of the job is the travel and trying to balance family life along with a hectic schedule.
One of the Best Workplaces in America
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Schedule
I began my career with Coopers and Lybrand, LLP (later merged with PWC) as an Intern between Junior and Senior years in College. They provided me with access to great minds, interesting work opportunities and travel throughout the United States. They offered a broad range of industry experiences as well as tailoring opportunities to my personal strengths and industry expertise. I learned about hard work, dedication, teamwork, sensitivity, client service and more.

Upon graduation, I took a full time position with the Company and grew with them for 6 years after graduation. As I set goals and objectives, I felt the Company's support in achieving those goals. Travel was intense, but with regard to work life balance. Compensation was always strong and competitive.

The client interaction was the best part of the job. We were in regular interaction with C level executives in our client enivronments.
Senior Associate (Current Employee), CTJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. Work life balance is hard to come by but they make it work. PwC takes care of it's employees and the pay is fair at all levels. They also encourage diversity at all levels of the company.
PwC Review
Senior Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Excellent opportunity to learn about various industries and their related accounting treatment. Hard work that is normally rewarded through flexibility and bonuses in non-busy season times.
The People are the best
Tax Staff Consultant- Synergy Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
Cons: Long hours
I worked as a seasonal Intern, during BUSY season so very very busy but pretty cool culture and everyone was really nice!
Senior Associate Knowledge Management (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for travel and advancements are there.
Cons: Too much offshoring.
PwC a/k/a PricewaterhouseCoopers is a good place to work. However, unless you are in client service and billable, you are not compensated the same for bonuses and annual salary increases. Also, they have offshored many jobs to India, so there is a lack of job security for anyone in infrastucture (client service support roles).
PWC
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Donuts
Cons: After a long day taking work home, utilization ratings, Micromanagement, Non-Work-lifebalance
Having to check in via Internal Chat is the most humiliating part of my job.
It's a mix of coworkers where some people are teamplayers and others will PUT you out to fend for yourself.
Hardest part of the Job is Upper Management - Seeing the advertisement for Worklife balance but not seeing it put to action specifically with the Associates and Support Staff. There's always a "but" when asked to work from home, but Upper Management practice the working from home on a weekly basis.
Most Enjoyable part of the day is completing my tasks and assuring they have zero defects..
Fun workplace
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
It is a place where you can build a great career if you can deliver great work, excel at networking across the firm, and can build partner support. Exceptional employees are the "average" here, so if you aren't knocking it out of the park all the time then you can expect to only be rated in the middle of the pack, and receive nominal raises and performance bonuses.
PWC
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MassJune 8, 2015
Pros: free donuts
Cons: non work life balance
Come into work and immediately start on the projects in my email. Log into Sametime (internal Chatting) in order to assure my team knows that I am present and ready for any projects they may have for me.

Hardest part of the Job I am a Teamplayer and everyone is focused on their own work.

Best part of my job is getting my projects done and delivering them with Zero Defects and having the teams and management be grateful of my work.
Productive place to work.
Senior Manager - Marketing & Sales (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and flexible work life balance
Cons: Currently no growth potential in present role
Firm enabled me to effectively establish and build a vast network of contacts and strong relationships within the business development team.
PwC values delivering the highest quality and value to their clients
Organization Change Education Leader (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Greater employer to have on resume, good pay, interesting work
Cons: long hours, partnership
PwC is an "ivy league" employer to have as a credential on your resume. If you join this firm you will be treated as a professional and paid as someone that they believe is a best in class employee. In return, their expectations for performance are high. While I worked for them, they had a strong coaching culture, it was expected that senior staff trained and mentored less experienced employees. This kind of culture builds a team that recognizes and supports the entire team.
Reputable firm with great clients, but bad culture.
Experienced Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2015
Pros: happy hours, exposure to many different industries and prestigious clients
Cons: poor management, low pay, bad culture
Your experience in the job depends on the team you're staffed on. Many of the senior individuals do not invest in the development of younger staff. The culture is political and bureaucratic--your success is partially dependent upon how well people like you. Many of the technical/impressive people tend to leave the job because thinking outside the box is not a job requirement.
Good place
Sr Manager (Current Employee), HartfordJune 2, 2015
Good Place to work.
"No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work"

"You learn a lot about how to run complex businesses in fast-changing environments"
Great Benefits
Team Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: Long Commute
Love the flex hours program, great holiday schedule, great learning experience, good team players. Awesome vacation time allowed.
Client Relations Specialist/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 1, 2015
Great place to work, lots of room for growth. great benefits. Lots of travel. location moved to Virginia and I didn't want to commute there so I left.
Extremely motivated and intelligent team members
RECRUITER (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
As part of the Strategy& team, you are given the opportunity to work with some of the brightest, sharpest, and results driven individuals in the market. The atmosphere and drive is contagious.

1 2 3 4 5

About PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and – Read more

PwC Salaries