PwC Employee Reviews in United States

Very Professional Environment With Good Culture
Experienced Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
PwC taught me a lot about developing solutions and go-to market strategies. I learned how to strategically approach issues using valuable tools and processes.
Pros
Good salary and growth
Cons
Constant reporting to upper management who delegated 90% of work volume, much of which was never seen by the client, very removed annual review process which does not capture all accomplishments throughout the year
• Improving existing Auto Trading Strategy algorithms for best Routings and Executions to prevent Slippage Costs and improve performance and profits
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  TXMay 13, 2016
Very good work place envairoment
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoMay 19, 2016
Best job ever.
I one of the best way to accelerate your accounting knowledge. Work as a team always.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling around the Country
The most enjoyable part was having contact with the higher management of the companies including the owners.
Pros
Great experience
PWC Internship Review
Intern - International Assignment Services (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 5, 2016
The internship was during the busy tax season. The long hours and intensive work environment taught me time management skills and effective communication skills. My co-workers were very team oriented and offered assistance with any issues or problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work as a team with a manager and a senior associate to complete various tax returns for a client.
Pros
Working with managers and partners.
Great first experience
Price Waterhouse Cooper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day involved the auditing of third parties and practiced external document retention for audits. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to how PwC wanted things to be completed, but once I got it, it was true accomplishment which simultaneously makes the hardest part the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
hour lunch and benefits
Cons
N/A
Learned a lot, tough hours at time but willing to do them
Assurance & Business Advisory Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2016
Great coaching and training, learned a lot on the job from Senior Staff, and great way to go in and get to know how companies are run and know where to identify potential financial reporting requirements whether public or privately held
Good compensation, tough work life balance with sub par management
Senior Associate, IFS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2015
I work in IFS and the management is very unorganized. The people in management positions do not seem qualified. People move up in the company too quickly. The pay is excellent but the expectation is that you stay at work until 9pm on some nights and that is difficult. Very unorganized in how work is distributed, and you never really get a grasp on what your role is. I was told three weeks into my hiring that they may have to change my job title because they were unsure what I would be doing.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, networking
Cons
long work days, bad management, unorganized culture
Productive and a fun work place
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I was a temporary assistant in their call center during tax season last year and truly loved being here.

This awesome company cares about their employees and shows their appreciation in so many ways.

I truly am looking forward to being with this company again in the near future.
Pros
Free lunches, mouth wash in restrooms!
Cons
Strong company culture, great opportunities - long hours
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2016
PwC is a great place to work and provides a number of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. The Company is committed to improving their technology and developing employees through a variety of engagements and continuing education
Great school to learn and develop large skill set
Experienced Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2016
PwC is a great place do work. Demanding yes, but you will work with talented, motivated and really nice people. The company's culture is driven around high quality deliverables, high client satisfaction and a work hard play hard type of culture. Alwways working in team. Top management is easy of access and will put their hands on when needed. Hours are long and busy season is tough but it's a good learning experience. You will work on several clients and learn a lot about accounting and how to operates a business since you'll be involve early in your career with upper management from large companies. You can choose what type of client (Manufacturing, Financial, Private, etc) if the market offer that type of client. Good coaching on the job.
Pros
People you work with, learning experience and overall experience
Cons
Long hours, stressful due to deadline and sometimes not enough staff.
Smart staff and many resources available
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Great office culture especially in a smaller office. As an intern you are assigned tasks that other first year associates are assigned and the flexibility is actively focused on.
Pros
Free dinner during busy season
Cons
Long hours but the overtime is worth it
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for however with all these contracting companies are driving down our salaries...I don't know how we are going to say employed. I really enjoy the fact that we could work together with my co-workers
Pros
Good Perks and work-balance
Cons
Unstable
Productive and fun work place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2015
This company really appreciates their employees.
I was there to assist them during my assignment, and really wanted to make them a permanent part of my life.
Everyone that works here in this particular company seems to love this company very much.
I only wished they were closer to where I reside, so I could have become a permanent employee.
Pros
Free lunches and wonderful gift card bonuses
Cons
Too far away, especially during snow or icy weather.
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Great place to work depending on department. People are focused, driven but quite nice. It is hard and can be stressful but you stay focused on what you are doing and it will pay off.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
People are very focused not too friendly
A great company to work for
Business Support Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 6, 2016
I felt that PwC is a great company to work for. I had the luck of the straw with a new manager and fairly new HR rep., that in my opinion, did not know what they were doing causing a negative atmosphere instead of a productive one.
Great people and great company with plenty of opportunity to grow. Work/life balance is not very flexible
PwC Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Great company to work for, but not very flexible work/life balance. Plenty of opportunities to advance and grow if it is something that interests you.
Good place to start career
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 16, 2016
very good place to start the career, colleague is fun to work with, but sometimes projects are not that fun though, pay is relatively okay, but if you graduated with engineering background, this company might not be your ideal place to work
Good first job
International Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Great place to start off, but public accounting doesn't leave much free time. You can advance by working late hours and committing yourself fully to the job. If you want an 8-5, this isn't the place.
Pros
Happy hours, good teams, perks..
Cons
Long hours, mid-low compensation...
Training and culture are great, but the work is intense and generally long hours
Experienced Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2016
Overall this was a great place to work. The amount of training and learning that is done is more than worth the time and effort. However, in my case the work life balance was lacking.
Fast paced requires alot of dedication and travel
Consulting Manager, (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2016
great for younger people who like to travel and learn in team environments. requires a lot of flexibility will encounter a variety of companies and people to learn and grow from
Pros
efforts are well rewarded
Cons
travel is relentless