PwC Employee Reviews

Found 1,296 reviews matching the search
PwC believes you can be a great
Wealth Management Consultant, (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 12, 2017
PwC believes you can be a great parent and a great professional. Our programs, benefits and supportive culture are designed with that belief in mind. At PwC is a great place to work because they assist with the following

Before I ever started at PwC, I knew it would be the right fit. The year was 2017, and I was a student John Hopkins and studying for my CPA examination. PwC always seemed different. They were diverse. It made it easier for a experience African American non traditional student like me to approach them. And later, it made me feel good about joining PwC. In any business, it really comes down to the people you work with, and I work with great ones.

At PwC, we foster an inclusive culture. And we believe the best way to show that commitment is by letting our own people share their stories. The resources PwC provides working moms allow me to take good care of my clients, as well as my 16 year old daughter and two grand children's…PwC is family orientated work place. The decision to start raising my two beautiful grand children's. Family is often accompanied by concerns about timing, finances, career, health and a long-term commitment to care for and support another human being PwC gave me.

Attracting, retaining and developing talented, diverse professionals—including individuals with disabilities—is a business imperative to spur innovation, drive growth and sustain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
When we bring together people with diverse perspectives, it helps us solve important problems in new and creative ways.
Pros
PwC is an excellent company to work at.
Productive and excellent place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 11, 2017
Amazing company to work, grow and develop many skills and learn. Managements are great, pro employees.
There are too much work in high season, but then is nice. Good salary!
Pros
Great Salary
Excellent Place to Work
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2017
Opportunity
Innovation
Process
There when you need them

Working on many different software and infrastructure projects
Enjoyed working with many different teams and organizations
Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload
Good place to start a career, tough on families
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 11, 2017
Great company, good people, but definitely geared toward a certain type of person. You may find a number of college graduates that stay for 3-5 years and then leave once they realize it's not a place that is conducive to family life. Similarly, a number of folks look at consulting as a second career, especially in the Public Sector. The person may leave government with a pension and then do 5+ years at PwC; mainly trying to help win new business.
Great Employer all about employees
EA Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
Great work environment with life balancing and great pay with employment opportunities. The only issue is that its a temp role with no perm opportunities due to freeze on hiring
Pros
great work enviorment with life balancing
Cons
long work hours and committements.
POC based workplace
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
It is great to work with various technologies and build a cloud career, but there are significant disadvantages to the culture as it requires leadership and teamwork, lacking any of these impacts your work
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Not much of integration
I went from Staff Accountant to Manager in 3.5 years.
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, FLApril 10, 2017
I passed the CPA Exam the first shot and used my management and supervisory skills to advance my career.

I was twice selected to teach 4 week college type courses
for new recruits, after which, up to 50% were terminated.

Then I taught, as a Manager, our continuing education
courses in Chicago...which were one week long.
Pros
Becoming a CPA.
Cons
Long hours and low pay.
It was fun with great coworkers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calcutta, INApril 10, 2017
My lead was a great help
And i being new was given help most of the time.
The only issue for me was the work pressure as it required me to stay long hours and my home was far away
Ok
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  NYApril 9, 2017
The company provided ok benfits and salar but the travel was too much. I liked the CEO but the projects were not particularly intriguing from a SFDC perspective. They were not scoped well.
Great skill building company, challenging work-life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2017
With consulting it is no surprise you are paid well, but work-life-balance suffers. PwC Advisory provided the skill set I need to be successful in future jobs and paid well for it. The challenge is traveling to your clients becomes too hard to handle after a few years.
Pros
Skill development, compensation
Cons
Excessive travel
I did not find PwC to be a good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 9, 2017
Too focused on process, rather than getting the job done. Very stringent parameters regarding taking on additional tasks, seeing something that needs to be done - but not being allowed because it would be "stepping out of your assigned box". I can't and don't work that way. Way too constraining for me.
Great place while you are there but they are constantly looking to lay off people
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 9, 2017
Great place to work with great talented people and good culture and lots of flexibility while you are there but there is never a time when there is not a project going on looking to out source jobs to cut cost and lay off groups of people so multi millionaires can make a few more thousand this year and it's a terrible burden on the people and families impacted. They change CEO's and thus directions every 3 or 4 years and you can expect a re-org and big layoff every time it happens. It's not a matter of if you'll eventually get cut, it's when?
Typical people grinder
Cyber Threat Detection & Response Services (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 7, 2017
Probably not the best place for vertical thinkers. The innovative culture is horizontal, centering on repackaging and repurposing existing market technologies, rather than taking to market new services (more comfortable chasing markets rather than setting them). Internal politics/policies/bureaucracy hinders achievement of utilization goals. So, in a place where utilization reins supreme, it can be frustrating... somewhat like being thrown in a pool of molasses and constantly being questioned as to why things aren't progressing fast enough. Old school brick-and-mortar leadership styles fail to effectively harness the power of a younger ambitious staff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Whether it is internal/external training or professional development (traceable coaching, etc), there is almost no investment in people, clear disconnect between Partners and between Partners and staff
Great exposure to multiple companies
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 6, 2017
Wonderful opportunities for advancement. Working for PwC allows you to work on multiples companies and expand your skill set. If an employee puts the work in, they will be given opportunities to grow and advance throughout their career.
Consistently one of the best places to work provided they have a need
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2017
PwC is a well balanced company that routinely communicates to it's employees. PwC has been rebuilding its consulting practice since it sold to IBM in 2003. The SAP industry has started to recognize the new PwC SAP consulting as a powerful partner.
Great Place to Work
Application Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
PwC is a great place to work. Advancement is very slow. Life / Work balance is off the charts. Great Leadershio tteam. Layoff process made no sense when they executed it.
Great starting point for a career in accounting or finance
Assurance Associate - Banking Capital Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
As a first year you will be given a lot of latitude to figure out how to do your job. A lot of feedback and coaching will be provided. Excellent opportunities to talk to clients and develop communication skills. Busy season is prob the toughest part of the job.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Little Vacation time
Work Life Balance?
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
Compensation is great. However, I was unable to plan activities as I was always working weekends. Which is manageable during busy season. But as you switch from client to client, unless you are lucky busy season is never ending. Work life balance is a joke, all it means here is how can we fit more hours into a smaller time frame before you leave early (5pm) on a "flexible day" during the week. An 8-5pm or 9-5pm workday is considered "leaving early."
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance, no breaks, eating from your computer and eating dinner at work.
Great company, bad team
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with a great company such as PwC, but the team I was assigned to was very stressed out. There was a lack of positivity on our team and always trying to get out of the assigned work. I enjoyed the advancement opportunities withing the company, but did not enjoy the company culture.
Pros
Compensation, advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor office culture
Great Company to Work For
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2017
PWC is a great company to work for if you are a driven person and are willing to work hard to identify opportunities. You are treated as a professional and encouraged to build your individual brand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.