PwC Employee Reviews

Found 1,525 reviews matching the search
Dont alot of growth and boring work
Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2017
This is back office job with little growth, management is somewhat helpful if you voice your opinion but will ultimately back fire as an unpleasant employee. Some experience gained in using excel but I feel extremely underutilized and unhappy here.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
work, management, growth potential
Productive Place to Learn and Utilize Skills
ADMIN SPEC./CLIENT BILLING COORD. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
PwC was a very good place to work. Unfortunately due to budget cut and downsizing, many were laid off. A typical date at PwC was starting at 6:45 a.m., turn on my computer, checking the many emails and responding prior to everyone arriving at the office. My day was complete with multi-tasking, working with internal and external clients, reporting directly to Partners and interacting with all levels to complete various tasks. I would begin by telling everyone, "Good Morning" and then meet with all executives to whom I have been assigned to discuss their calendars and critical matters that they needed to handle prior to starting their day. There were times when my normal routine would be changed due to a crisis, change of plans, or emergency meetings. Every Monday I would immediately begin printing weekly revenue reports for each executive to discuss at the weekly all hands meeting. I would also be responsible for updating everyone with the Administrative matters in the office and/or company. Following the conclusion of the meeting, if there were requests to do handle a task, I would first complete those tasks and then move forward with completing tasks that were awaiting my attention. At the end of the day, I would write my notes, enter my time and utilization hours and then organize the work for the following day based on the nature of importance.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, as I often ate at my desk; great training and classes to brush up on matters, benefits, pay, and other fringe benefits
Cons
Lots of cliques, favoritism, and a revolving door
Hours
Director, Banking and Capital Markets Group (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2017
Long hours and performance review process is fatally flawed. You do not get real time feedback, instead of a manager you have a coach and partner that are not held accountable to be transparent and annual review is done in a black box. Process waits as much as 6 weeks to let you know any feedback.
it was a good experience but I wont be working there fulltime
Risk Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2017
just not the right fit for me, not enough work life balance. Showed me that money isnt everything if you dont have a life outside of work. The compensation is great and you work with other intelligent people but its just too much work.
great co. and resources, but management lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
Great company and access to all resources, but management lacking and a bit cold and cut-throat of an environment. They have excellent benefits though and an amazing name, which keeps folks wanting to work there! Plus pay pretty well!
Great opportunities
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work when you are looking for opportunities to be innovative.

I look forward to understanding the opportunities in the Richmond/Washington, DC area.
Exciting place to work
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 26, 2017
As a management consultant you had to work very fast to get client work in on time and with success. If you had the grit and time to devote to the job you would be successful.
Great work environment
Medical Coding Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2017
PWC was a very interesting and exciting place to work. i enjoyed my time here and would love to work there again. I gained a great deal of knowledge and became more computer skills.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Poor management
Supposed to be a great place to work
Computer Technician/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2017
Call after call after call
Learn lots tech
Management cutthroat
culture fast paced cutthroat
most enjoyable - time off
Laid off IT outsourced to foreign country
Pros
free lunches, paid to work through and eat while taking calls.
Cons
short breaks
work/life balance? wtf? never heard of
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
a lot of awesome people in the organization to learn from
advanced technology built amount big four
great research conducted within organization
good brand name for resume

no work life balance
no respect amount people
Cons
reducing health care benefit
Adrift at the supply chain management level.
Other Executive and Leadership Roles (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 24, 2017
Absentee leadership. Superficial collegiality. Not supported by the broader organization. Oriented toward government consulting which was not that interesting.
Wasn't paid enough for all the work I did
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIJuly 24, 2017
I worked for $9 and did $15 jobs in the "Cleaning section" I mostly did the jobs by myself while the other group I used to work with would leave me to find them sleeping in the van two miles away. Cleaning baths and scrubbing floors. Not happy and still think I should've gotten more pay.
Pros
With me . Places are clean and sanitized
Cons
Places don't get cleaned until inspection day
all amenities were there
Deputy facilities manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2017
I stayed there more than 6 days a week (day & night)
I learned how to run an establishment consists of +100
I was planning, monitoring projects and billing the sub-contractors.
the management / all managers were american employees
the hardest point was the security, the situation was terrible at that time
the most enjoyable thing was work with foreign people and learn from them
Great place to work until lay offs
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are young in your career. They provide valuable training. As you progress through your career, however, they aren't honest and straightforward with advancement potential.
Pros
Training, work life balance
Cons
Healthcare, advancement opportunities
Excellent Organization
Director SAP TMT (Advisory Practice) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2017
Great organization, ethical and customer focused. Has strong leadership and grooms its employees for success. Very good compensation plan, is very active in social media.
Excellent employer!
Director, Financial Crimes Unit - AML & Sanctions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Excellent Employer! Great atmosphere, and competitive compensation. Collegial environment where learning and discussion are encouraged, and feedback is constructive.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
PwC is an amazing firm to work for and definitely has room to grow within. Understanding of personal family life and offers great benefits! Would be the perfect life long job.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
I am continually busy in the fast paced environment, culture is good, people are friendly, atmosphere is enjoyable. Each day is a new challenge and enjoy those parts of the job to keep things fresh and new.
it is a job
Worked on projects tax (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2017
If you like being alone in your cubicle listening to music for 8 hours straight with 0 human interaction then you will love this job! work comes seasonally depending on the project pipeline. about oct-dec there was 0 work, you did computer based training aka bingewatch netflix until you feel sick. When there is work you are being micromanaged even when you send an email think 5 yr old emailing. That type of supervising. When you walk down the hallway and say hi you get blank stares or angry frowns.. Busy season is good because money and over time... expect to have 0 days off even weekends, work work work and bribe you with a $100 gift card.. it is quantity over quality to win you that card. This is a job just as something to slap on your resume.
Pros
free lunch if you count leftovers in the breakroom from another meeting lol
Cons
micro managing, healthcare is horribly expensive esp. with the deductibles, busy season expect to have 0 social life, and when there is 0 work I hope you have netflix and unlimited data
Not Applicable
Experienced Associate 3+ years (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2017
Lots of politics, learning, growth, lack of employee confidentiality, and high stress environment. CPA pass requirement for promotion to Senior after 3 years. Other Big 4 will promote after 2 years with CPA requirement during Senior level from what I understand. Lots of experience gained and opportunity to build relationships with multitudes of people due to being on many client engagements.
Pros
Lot of growth and learning
Cons
No respect for scheduled time off even for CPA prep

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.