PwC
1,106 reviews

PwC Employer Reviews

Great Place to Start a Career
Risk Assurance Experienced Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Overall, I had a great experience at PwC, I obtained a great deal of exposure throughout the financial services space. Not to mention I made connections and friendships professionally and personally that I will remain in contact with for the rest of my life.
PwC Challenging work,potentially transformative to your career
Manager, Healthcare Advisory (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2014
Pros: challenging work, very good compensation.
Cons: not for the weak or those looking to 'phone it in', you must truly prove yourself to get promoted, work/life balance can be very limited
As a high performance organization, PwC provides a challenging environment which cultivates personal integrity, knowledge, skills, and tenacity within an individual, preparing them for growth and greater success in their career.

While you have the opportunity to develop and refine skills which can make you extremely valuable in your career, it isn't for everyone. You will work harder and sacrifice more working for a 'Big 4' firm than for just about any other organization. PwC is in some ways like the US Marine Corps. It is highly disciplined, promotes a 'can do' attitude, mobilizes quickly on engagements, and expects a outstanding performance from its employees. In my opinion it is the best of the big 4 in regard to advisory work.
Training ground
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), KingstonOctober 31, 2014
This was my first full time job out of college. I learnt a lot.
Flexible learning environment
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
PwC is great company to work for. The company allows you to participate within the community and great work life balance. Management takes out time to understand their team. There is a great mentor program offered for professional and personal development.
Great benefits but at a price
support staff (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2014
So they have great work/life benefits for MOST positions. Sometimes it feels like they hang a carrot right out of reach. However, they do support flex time, have unlimited sick and often cover some of the extra days on the mandatory shut down Christmas and 4th of July time periods.

They are changing their coaching/review style and are having trouble figuring out what it means. Growing pains.

Quite a few positions are now being posted as 'fixed term' meaning they will re-access in a year. Lots of jobs have been out sourced both internationally and to contractors.
PwC Project Management and Implementation
Project Management and Implementation Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Fairly positive experience. Worked in an office that was so quiet and I could not be myself. Learned about project management.
Great place to work, learn and has great worklife balance
Team Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lots of perks
Cons: too many bosses
Great flexibility with work hours, training and the opportunity to work
with all levels of staff. Co-workers of all cultures work well together as socially.
Always a challenge
Senior Associate, Office Services (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 23, 2014
Great place to work.
Always something different.
People are great to work with.
Good learning opportunity
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2014
PwC is a good place for someone who is out of college ready to start a career in public accounting. There are many opportunities for you to learn different areas of accounting. I learned a lot working at PwC over the years and continue to learn new things everyday.
Big 4 sets up standards in business. Working in PwC means you will learn how to deliver high quality work.
Tax Associate 3 (Former Employee), KazakshtanOctober 13, 2014
PwC has great job culture, supportive team, the only complaint is work/life balance, which is distorted.
Finance and Risk Transformation Consultant
Manager (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 13, 2014
> Delivered turnkey solution on projects that finance/risk/treasury integration points

> Developed intellectual capital by collaborating on whitepapers and point of views on new technical and finance concepts
Good company, good people.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FL.October 12, 2014
Good company to spread your wings, vast amount of opportunities.
great people to work with
Consultant, Advisory and Consumer Finance Group (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2014
I have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with great people at clients and at the firm.
good
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good exposure
Cons: work life balance
nice place to work to get good exposure and experience. Learned about different products and different clients.
PwC network is a global market leader in tax services offering great opportunities for career growth, learning and development.
Tax Process Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work would involve me conducting the following tasks:
• Perform high-volume routine tax activities using the global strategic sourcing model which focuses on service delivery systems
within the tax line of service
• Set up the internal technology tools used to manage tax return processes
• Prepare and file tax extensions
• Receive and organize client data
• Collect, verify, identify outstanding information and notify engagement team when complete
• Receive, sort, process and input external K1 tax return forms
• E-file tax returns for clients
Excellent place
Tax Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: level of technical issues and learning
Enjoyed all of my years at PwC, an excellent growth platform!
Amazing Audit company to work for
Team Lead Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 6, 2014
Great company to work for at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Company offers many good benefits
and pay.
nice place to work
Assurance Intern - Financial Service (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2014
nice co-workers
nice hours
nice management
a little bit challenging work
Well-known company, talented administration.
Executive Assistant - Division Leader - Consulting (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: high-end company; looks good on a resume.
Cons: culture favored financial experts only.
I worked for a type A boss who was demoted soon after I resigned. The work was intense, but less interesting than other positions I have held. The morale for administrative personnel was less that ideal. My responsibilities were to plan travel and events.
Review
Experienced Associate (Current Employee), BostonOctober 3, 2014
I did not like it there. Long hours and the pay is not that good not worth the agony

About PwC

PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and – Read more