Pyramid Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Healthcare Professionals
Medical Records Analyst Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2017
This company offered a competitive wage, room for advancement and travel opportunities. They offered on the job training for various positions and is the perfect company for a beginner in the healthcare profession.
Very Busy
Utilization Review Clinical Nurse Auditor, RN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 31, 2017
My day consisted on medical necessity appeal related to completing Behavioral Health reviews for secondary payer. Cases were slow and difficult to meet medical necessity criteria
reduction in force
Remote Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 20, 2017
Company was bought by IT company and lost clients. Cut in force reduction. There was a lack of communication on all fronts, especially the supervisors.
Pros
flex time
Cons
lack of support and comunication
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Patient Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 17, 2017
There was 1 day of training, in which we learned how to navigate the system. Afterwards we were assigned our desk and told to work without knowing exactly what to do. Team lead was no help she would get frustrated if you asked her a question or if you told her you don't understand what to do. They assumed if you had experience in the healthcare field that you would automatically know what to do. Management was awful.
Pros
Cons
micro-managing, no help, language barriers
Super nice, intelligent and friendly management.
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is of course, you're in your own home, which can also be the hardest part of the job as there is no one to bounce ideas off of, no one to give you immediate feedback, or answer a question. As is standard with these type of remote coding positions, you usually will code for at least 2 facilities at a time, both with different software systems, managers, expectations, and rules.
Pros
Flexible, friendly and understanding with my difficult family circumstances.
Cons
Often there was not enough work, or last minute notifications that there would be no work.
Ok
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 21, 2017
Need to have more than one client. Only had one client and when they decided not to renew their contract all of the coders were laid off. Need to provide more job security.
Company has changed
Contact person (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 17, 2017
Haven't heard from company since completing my last job with them which lasted 7 years. The company has changed hands and I am not sure what their focus is at this time.
there is no more pyramid
Patient Account Specialist & Appeal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 25, 2017
This company was sold twice since my layoff-15 people got let go
yesterday and there is only a handful left for cleanup.

I worked with another person on my team for appeals and together we managed to bring in revenue.
Work independently and love it.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2017
Great place to work. However, doors are closing as soon as may 1, 2017. Management allows the employee to work independently with goals to meet each day, week, month.
comradary among other coders is great
ER coder (Former Employee) –  New York,NYJanuary 26, 2016
while I worked at this company I got my first taste of what contract coding is like, in the years of my coding career I have always wanted to do contract coding knowing that you could increase your income but what I was not told was that you better be the best coder in the world or you will not pass your audit and you will be let go. So my advice to anyone who wants to do contract coding step up your coding game because the audits alone will get you put out of a job,
Pros
working remotely
Cons
audit management
unorganized enviroment
Coder II (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 13, 2015
typical day was very stressful, just because of the many areas of confusion in the system and I found they paid same employees with same level of experience more than I was getting. Also, some days they had work and some days they did not. Also, the company merged with another company as soon as I began work with Pyramid.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits not that good, lack of work
Pyramid/Anthelio Workplace Review
Coder II (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 20, 2015
This position was a nightmare from the outset. I was initially placed with a Manager that had never worked with the client and the client had systems that made entering services a much longer and more complicated process than necessary. The Management of Pyramid only contacted me if he/she deemed there were issues with my performance and never bothered to get to know me personally leaving me to feel as if I was a number rather than a person. She also led me to believe that I was a problem before I started working for the client by telling me that I had not contacted her when I had proof of email.
The Coding instruction was inconsistent and the client Management/Coding training staff would check each individual charge and randomly decide on different levels thereby considering the Consultant Coder (myself) inaccurate. This was inconsistent with the passing audit review that I received from Pyramid twice and inconsistent with the written instructions received from the client.
PTO could be earned but not used for 6 months thereby rending anything earned within the first 2 months non-payable upon termination.
Human Resources would not answer all questions timely and expected the coder to pay for the updated credential out of their own pocket without reimbursement on their time frame rather than when the credential was due. Human Resources also expected the Coder to set up their own HSA account when that type of service has always typically been coordinated by the hiring company.
Equipment received was less than adequate with no wireless card capability which had to be purchased
  more... by the Coder. Disconnects routinely occurred while working and during training and the company attempted to routinely blame the Coders connectivity when the Coder had never experience those types of issues in the past 5 years working from home on their own updated equipment.
The Time Clock used by the Company made working off the clock routinely necessary to compare time sheets to other reports (3) and using that type of time clock system seemingly contradicted the ability to have the "flexible schedule" that Pyramid advertised.
Termination by Pyramid was a pleasure as it seemed that the company did not want to make any effort to resolve the connectivity issues and did not appear to have the appropriate staff to do so. Additionally, there was not a time frame given for the start of a new project when initially told that there would be placement on a new project.
Pros
Audit Review was performed initially with input from the review personnel. Work was home-based
Cons
Was led to believe that employment would be permanent while employment was very short term.
Poor communication for company that relies on it
Coder (Former Employee) –  N/A remoteJuly 24, 2014
I was disappointed in this company, nothing went right from the beginning. Once offer was finalized I was promised my work equipment the week BEFORE my start date, it arrived TWO WEEKS AFTER my start date making orientation a little difficult. Nothing software wise was set up, including any/all access to do my job, that took a MONTH so when I finally started coding, less than 3 weeks under audit,they felt I wasn't making productivity and let me go. I was never given a chance to make productivity EVER. I read the reviews on this company and sought them out to work for them but it turned out to be pretty disappointing sadly.
Pros
Working from home is great
Cons
Poor communication, proper resources not provided as promised
overall a great company
Coder/Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL-I work remotelyApril 21, 2014
Good place to work- good benefits- get to pick your own hours
Pros
peaceful work enviroment-at home
Cons
management could be better
Great company!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 16, 2014
Great company with great benefits. Very supportive team environment and I feel valued. Company provides resources and training to learn and grow in medical coding. Especially enjoy working from home - my manager is flexible with balancing work and life. Lots of opportunities for advancement. They are the BEST!
Pros
Great benefits, flexibility, professional team
Cons
Can't think of any
Unreliable, Unprofessional, Inhumane
hired as an IP coder (Former Employee) –  remoteApril 5, 2014
I was hired by Pyramid 2 weeks ago to work as an IP coder. Before I resigned from my current job, I confirmed with Pyramid that my background check was complete and that everything was set for my start date on 4/14/14. When they confirmed that everything was in order to begin my employment, I sent my 2 week notice to my current employer. 3 days later I received an email, not a call, from Pyramid stating that 'due to the ICD-10 delay they were rescinding their offer and wished me luck with all my future endeavors'. Really?? Obviously, they left me in a horrendous situation! Not only will I not be starting my job with them next week, I will also not have a job with my current employer! Do not trust this company. The only ones they are looking out for are themselves. They should never have hired any new employees until after the ICD-9 bill had been voted on by Congress knowing full well that their job offers were contingent upon the bill not passing. Make sure you do not become their next victim - they are very charming! I made a deal with the devil and lost.
Pros
Cons
untrustworthy
An Organization that truly strives to meet home/work balance
Coding Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 14, 2014
I am a new employee and in comparing PHS with other organizations I've worked for, they stand apart in striving to meet both the home and work balance for staff. Flexibility is permitted in scheduling with emphasis placed on the clients needs while not losing sight of both the client and the employee. In other corporations the emphasis is often placed solely on the work and the employee is lost. Benefit package is excellent! Leadership is fairly new and embraces being proactive, encouraging participation and collaboration. Feedback and suggestions are welcomed. I am enjoying being a part of the PHS team and look forward to partnering with them to take PHS to higher levels in our marketplace.
Pros
STD & LTD is company funded; employee does not have to absorb any cost in this area, From what I've seen, advancement is encouraged and supported within the organization, Remote work from home capability is fantastic!
Cons
Haven't identified any yet
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 14, 2014
PHS is a great place to work, the exeuctive team is very aware regarding the employees need for a work/life balance.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, willingness to listen, open communication
Cons
N/a
Great Team!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 14, 2014
Pyramid is a fantastic place to work! Great people to work with, flexibility of working remotely, excellent pay and opportunities for job advancement!!
Great Work Place
NA (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 3, 2014
I am currently employed by PHS and have enjoyed it for almost 2 years. Great people. I have my minor complaints as anyone would that has stayed at a position for multiple years would have, but overall it is good to me!
Pros
Easy to work for, flexible when time off is needed, great co-workers
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pyramid Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7