Pyramid Healthcare

Pyramid Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great Experiences Learned
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAJuly 16, 2014
I have learned a great deal of information and knowledge based on the field.
Wonderful work envirovment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Duncansville, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, patient's were very nice as well.
My time at Pyramid Healthcare was excellent. My co-workers and supervisors were very helpful and understanding. Everyone tried to work together as a team. Just wish I could have remained there longer.
All around a nice place to work with good benefits
Financial Counselor Assistant (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 12, 2014
Pyramid is a wonderful place to work and I said when I left that if ever I was looking for another job I would apply again there.
Was mentally taxing. Never positive feedback for a job well done. only feedback was when something wasn't right. Sad.
Behavioral Health Technician/Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Always serious miscommunication. Workers and clients always complaining how the rules change like peoples underwear. Can't ever feel secure in your job, because everyone is expendable. The schedule changes like the weather. Can't tell you what happens daily, because what happens daily changes daily. Sorry.
N/A
Nursing Secretary (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAJanuary 26, 2014
A client based company that has excellent staff and provides an exciting workplace environment
A wonderful place to work.
Clinical Detox Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: minimum supervision, free lunch.
Cons: long work hours.
Working at Pyramid Healthcare was very challenging and rewarding when I see clients begin to change their lives for the betterment of self, and not for a family member or to remain in a relationship.
Total joke
LPN (Former Employee), Duncansville, PASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: nothing!!
Cons: everything!!
This place was a joke; almost like when a group of kids decide they want to open a grocery store and obtain a plastic cart, Fisher Price cash register, and Mickey Mouse phone. Management is arrogant and discriminatory and on an obvious power trip. They are in a clique and have their "favs." The nurses are appalling. Somewhere along the way they got – more... the impression that they were hired to eat, smoke, and gossip. And if they don't like you, watch out! They'll get together, conspire, and engage in a letter writing conspiracy to management until you're termed. They know nothing about psych or patient boundaries and encourage the constant use of medications, while constantly permitting patients to leave groups and come to nursing for minor complaints. So, in essence, they just swap out one drug dependency for another (Vistaril and Neurontin are their favorites) without addressing the issue that led to the drug dependency in the first place. Without going to groups and processing through issues, you won't advance. The answer is not in pill form, at the bottom of a bottle, or at the end of a needle, but this isn't the message they send. This makes me wonder what kind of issues they themselves have and how prepared they are to help people in acute crisis situations, but management backed them. I still hear things that go on there...and I smile. They aren't well liked; people know their character. Remember, you do good and good comes back to you. You do bad and it catches up to you. That's called karma and you can't escape it! – less
Great first job!
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2013
I learned the "behind-the-scenes" of a drug/alcohol treatment facility. I enjoy my co-workers, the hours, the work environment, etc. I didn't like working on holidays.
My co workers were wonderful nurses.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Altoona, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: hours are great, staff of nurses wonderful
Cons: unable to make a difference, watching clients continue to use in spite of the treatment theyre receiving.
A very structured system. Fast paced and efficient. Most difficult part of the job for me was my moral standards and the values I hold in treating and understanding addiction. In my opinion , the counselors and executive director have very little understanding of the condition and how its best treated. The doctor was wonderful and very aware of his – more... environment. The program is not , in my opinion conducive to recovery, it contradicts all the principle aspects of getting clean and maintaining a sober lifestyle. There's no team work in establishing a care plan for the client. – less
Good place to gain work experience
Medical Management Technician (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMay 23, 2013
Pros: great nurse manager
Cons: minimal pay
You feel good about what you do when you get through to a child and you see their face light up when they have a moment of clarity. Ufortunetly this doesn't happen enough and instead most of the children are angry and don't want to get the help.
Supportive enviroment
Director (Current Employee), paFebruary 23, 2013
Pyramid excells in providing training and support from the top down. Like any organization it is not perfect butthe staff are supportive of each other and management tries to keep involved and show support
A great place to work if you want to help people.
Adult Behavioral Health Technician/Med Technician (Former Employee), Belleville, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: very rewarding spiritually.
Cons: long hours
Pyramid Healthcare is a leading Rehabilitation Center. It was a great place to work. I enjoyed watching clients grow in the program.
Fun place to work
Behavior Health Tech - Midnights (Current Employee), Gibsonia, PAJanuary 31, 2013
My co-workers and supervisor are wonderful. Hardest part of this shift is simply staying awake.
a nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2012
Pros: get to work with the eldery
Cons: don't stay in one place travel home to home
clean house, cook food, run errands give baths take the client to the store
Satisfaction of helping others through teaching, workshops and counseling
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee), Altoona, PASeptember 29, 2012
Pros: self satisfaction of helping another human being
Cons: many clients fail because pyramid fails them .
Typical day a work involved teaching clients thru teaching classes, communicating with them, listening to them, helping them.
I learned to be a more compassionate person, more about what life as a drug addict is about, how to really listen and understand one's needs and more about my own self.
Co-workers - some were professional, some were untrained – more... and should not have been there.
The hardest part of the job was failing to reach and help a client and see him relapse.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of the client's recovery. Seeing one succeed. Listening to their stories when I taught my classes. Teaching therapeutic ropes and watching the clients have fun and learning something about themselves and processing it afterwards.
I believe Pyramid top management turns a blind eye to the fact that there are untrained behavorial techs running rampant through the halfway houses, including the supervisor and it has become a big problem. If they would require some training, I believe more clients would be more successful. – less
No Benefits, No Management.
Counselor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2012
Pyramid Healthcare has very little benefits to working there. You must take your PDO during vacations, sick time and during Holidays. They expect you to work overtime without compensation. There is no clear management skills and the only rule there is "there is no rules." It is a chaotic environment and rules for one does not apply to all.

About Pyramid Healthcare

Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. is a provider of behavioral healthcare services headquartered in Altoona, Pennsylvania with adult and – Read more