Pyramid Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

FullTime Remote ED/Outpatient Coder with Job Security
ED/Outpaitnet Coder (Former Employee) –  HomebaseDecember 28, 2015
Clock in read emails, See coding Assignment for the day,
Write down the Site, Location #, HUB assigned, #assigned for the day. Log onto the the different programs, ex: 3M Div, CAC, and HMS, open up EMR record and get started coding
End of the day, report on Coding log, Send to CHS, and log off.
Hardest part of the job is when some of the records are missing.
I enjoy the ED coding .
I learn something new everyday, no two records are the same .
Management, pretty good.
Pros
Benefit Package, 401k
Great place to work!
Coding Support Coordinator, (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2016
This company previously provided numerous learning opportunities and provided Remote positions in support of work/life balance. I enjoyed the duration of my employment with this company!
Very poorly managed.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 14, 2016
It began as a wonderful career path but due to poor management and lack of professional courtesy the experience left me drained and unhealthy.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
short to no breaks. Understaffed. Unsafe environment.
Great employment opportunity!
school aid (Current Employee) –  Soaring Heights SchoolJanuary 26, 2015
It is a challenge to work here but it is super beneficial. Low drama. Great staff, administration, etc. I feel as if I get along with everyone. It is great for someone who has a heart to help others!

I work 8am -2pm I am not the head of the classroom but I feel accepted by all of the other aids and the main teacher.

management is always there to talk to if a problem arises. The team tries to make it a very nice environment. They provide snacks and drinks as a perk. They also have many meetings so I never feel left out on what is happening within the company.

They offer many training to help benefit yourself and to keep you update dint eh field so there is no risk for losing your job over missing out on a certification
Pros
i never feel alone, i always have someone to help me if i am having any problem, great work atmosphere
Cons
i wish i was hired full time to receive benefits
Great Company
Medical Coding and Collections (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 28, 2016
This a great company. Great Benefits and starting salaries. The management team is very helpful and caring. If you get a chance to work for them you will be well taken care of.
Rewarding place of employment
behavioral health tech (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I would help suffering addicts find the strength to begin to recover and share with them my experiences and try to keep them on track while in the facility and for their futures.
Impatient was professional supportive and client oriented. Halfway house is run like a prison.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PA, Altoona, PAMarch 14, 2016
The clinicians inpatient are caring, encoraging, goal oriented and viewed the techs as teammebers. Client staff interaction positive. Staff knowlegeable with appropriate education/background. Tech supervisors were helpful and encouraging. For the client impatient showed a tough love approach but one which compassion and understanding to build the client up.
The Women's halfway house was a very different experience. Staff culture was basically be at war with the clients. Clinical staff are are very focused on punishment. They culture is to tear down clients to tear them down some more. Head Counselor is like a prison guard the only male counselor thinks he is still in the Marines and is like a sadistic sergeant he also shares as much if not more than the client. Both are Very pleased with asserting their authority. The 3rd counselor is fine. The tech supervisor constantly changed interventions, ignored client rights when it suited him and his main topic of professional talk is what he does at the gym. He stoped talking about the gym only to be judgemental to lower staff or clients. High turnover of staff and clients. I knew the 2 counselors and the tech ssupervisor not leaving probably because what other job outside of corrections pays people to be bullies. I could not stand the lack of ethics compassion and understanding at this house so I left.
My all means work inpatient but unless you are also uncaring bullying unfair inconsistent and cruelly self centered do not work at Traditions House. Shame on Pyramid for keeping the three bad employees.
Pros
loved inpatient
Cons
could not continue to work at Traditions House becase I have compassion and a concious.
No Benefits, No Management.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2012
Pyramid Healthcare has very little benefits to working there. You must take your PDO during vacations, sick time and during Holidays. They expect you to work overtime without compensation. There is no clear management skills and the only rule there is "there is no rules." It is a chaotic environment and rules for one does not apply to all.
Counselor's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PAMarch 17, 2015
The work week consisted of case management phone calls, individual and group therapy sessions with caseloads of 8-12 clients, de-escalation of crisis situations, providing interventions and working alongside different departments in our facility to assure the client receives the proper and specific level of care they need while in treatment. For the first two years of being employed at Pyramid Healthcare, Inc., I prepared and presented lectures to audiences as large as sixty clients, encouraging and promoting a lifestyle of recovery and pro-active health choices. I believe the most difficult portion of our job is working with a client throughout their inpatient treatment stay (which can typically last up to 120 days) and then hoping they've gained the knowledge, tools and life skills necessary to succeed outside of treatment.
Pros
Free lunches, understanding and helpful upper management
very productive workplace
Patient Care Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2015
The workplace is very productive and there is highly movement in the company to get advancements. The co- workers that i work with are very friendly and helpful and knows how to work as a team. The hardest part about the job is changes at the last minute, however once the change is made they give you time to to complete the task.
Pros
the company treat you very well
Cons
no cons
Pyramid Healthcare was a interesting place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAMay 1, 2015
Pyramid was a drug and alcohol rehab facility for adults, in Wilkinsburg. It was only part time employment for me as a second job. Management was very good and took care of issues in a very timely fashion.
Pros
Good management and great working schedule.
Cons
Not enough work and hours were limited
fun place to wqork and learn
clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 19, 2015
This company was ok to work for they had to much favoritism in the company. the same people always got what they wanted.other than that it was a learning and fun place to work.
Strong team and clinicians; good morale
Lead Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
Pyramid Outpatient is a fast paced drug and alcohol treatment program serving a variety of clients with varying needs. Clients can participate in not only group and individual sessions but can participate in the pharmocotherapy program as well as medicated assisted therapy for opioid dependence.
My co workers were wonderful nurses.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 28, 2013
A very structured system. Fast paced and efficient. Most difficult part of the job for me was my moral standards and the values I hold in treating and understanding addiction. In my opinion , the counselors and executive director have very little understanding of the condition and how its best treated. The doctor was wonderful and very aware of his environment. The program is not , in my opinion conducive to recovery, it contradicts all the principle aspects of getting clean and maintaining a sober lifestyle. There's no team work in establishing a care plan for the client.
Pros
hours are great, staff of nurses wonderful
Cons
unable to make a difference, watching clients continue to use in spite of the treatment theyre receiving.
Poor working conditions,high turnover, and does not promote teamwork
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at work started by waking children up for the schedual day activities, Making sure they washed up, eat breakfast, and then held morning meeting. After meetings I was responsible to make sure that children went to appropriate classes, then into group meetings about their problems and issues. Then escorted children to rec and then afterwards made preporations to go to sleep. I monitored their behavavior, wrote progress notes on days activities and wrote any incidents that may have happen during the day.
It was very easy working with the clients (children) and they responded positively with my authority and guidance.
Working with co-workers was somewhat difficult at times because management promoted distrust and compitition among other co-workers in a very negative manner. Management did not promote team-work among co-workers and as a result a high turn-over among employees and poor ethics.
Pros
working with children was rewarding and fun
Cons
management extremely poor and self serving
Nice office culture but did not get any client referrals
IOP Therapist (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 22, 2014
Do not work with adolescents fee-for-service at the media location!!! The school community you have to "market" to is unfriendly and will not refer clients to you!!! You will find yourself in extreme financial hardship!!!!
Pros
great office culture
Cons
i have been unable to support myself in this position.
Satisfaction of helping others through teaching, workshops and counseling
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 29, 2012
Typical day a work involved teaching clients thru teaching classes, communicating with them, listening to them, helping them.
I learned to be a more compassionate person, more about what life as a drug addict is about, how to really listen and understand one's needs and more about my own self.
Co-workers - some were professional, some were untrained and should not have been there.
The hardest part of the job was failing to reach and help a client and see him relapse.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of the client's recovery. Seeing one succeed. Listening to their stories when I taught my classes. Teaching therapeutic ropes and watching the clients have fun and learning something about themselves and processing it afterwards.
I believe Pyramid top management turns a blind eye to the fact that there are untrained behavorial techs running rampant through the halfway houses, including the supervisor and it has become a big problem. If they would require some training, I believe more clients would be more successful.
Pros
self satisfaction of helping another human being
Cons
many clients fail because pyramid fails them .
A great place to work if you want to help people.
Adult Behavioral Health Technician/Med Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Pyramid Healthcare is a leading Rehabilitation Center. It was a great place to work. I enjoyed watching clients grow in the program.
Pros
very rewarding spiritually.
Cons
Was mentally taxing. Never positive feedback for a job well done. only feedback was when something wasn't right. Sad.
Behavioral Health Technician/Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Always serious miscommunication. Workers and clients always complaining how the rules change like peoples underwear. Can't ever feel secure in your job, because everyone is expendable. The schedule changes like the weather. Can't tell you what happens daily, because what happens daily changes daily. Sorry.
Supportive enviroment
Director (Current Employee) –  paFebruary 23, 2013
Pyramid excells in providing training and support from the top down. Like any organization it is not perfect butthe staff are supportive of each other and management tries to keep involved and show support