Pyramid Healthcare

Pyramid Healthcare Employee Reviews

Pyramid Healthcare was a interesting place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wexford, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good management and great working schedule.
Cons: Not enough work and hours were limited
Pyramid was a drug and alcohol rehab facility for adults, in Wilkinsburg. It was only part time employment for me as a second job. Management was very good and took care of issues in a very timely fashion.
Strong team and clinicians; good morale
Lead Counselor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
Pyramid Outpatient is a fast paced drug and alcohol treatment program serving a variety of clients with varying needs. Clients can participate in not only group and individual sessions but can participate in the pharmocotherapy program as well as medicated assisted therapy for opioid dependence.
Counselor's Assistant (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, understanding and helpful upper management
The work week consisted of case management phone calls, individual and group therapy sessions with caseloads of 8-12 clients, de-escalation of crisis situations, providing interventions and working alongside different departments in our facility to assure the client receives the proper and specific level of care they need while in treatment. For the first two years of being employed at Pyramid Healthcare, Inc., I prepared and presented lectures to audiences as large as sixty clients, encouraging and promoting a lifestyle of recovery and pro-active health choices. I believe the most difficult portion of our job is working with a client throughout their inpatient treatment stay (which can typically last up to 120 days) and then hoping they've gained the knowledge, tools and life skills necessary to succeed outside of treatment.
Great employment opportunity!
school aid (Current Employee), Soaring Heights SchoolJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: i never feel alone, i always have someone to help me if i am having any problem, great work atmosphere
Cons: i wish i was hired full time to receive benefits
It is a challenge to work here but it is super beneficial. Low drama. Great staff, administration, etc. I feel as if I get along with everyone. It is great for someone who has a heart to help others!

I work 8am -2pm I am not the head of the classroom but I feel accepted by all of the other aids and the main teacher.

management is always there to talk to if a problem arises. The team tries to make it a very nice environment. They provide snacks and drinks as a perk. They also have many meetings so I never feel left out on what is happening within the company.

They offer many training to help benefit yourself and to keep you update dint eh field so there is no risk for losing your job over missing out on a certification
Nice office culture but did not get any client referrals
IOP Therapist (Current Employee), Media, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great office culture
Cons: i have been unable to support myself in this position.
DO NOT WORK WITH ADOLESCENTS FEE-FOR-SERVICE AT THE MEDIA LOCATION!!! THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY YOU HAVE TO "MARKET" TO IS UNFRIENDLY AND WILL NOT REFER CLIENTS TO YOU!!! YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF IN EXTREME FINANCIAL HARDSHIP!!!!
Poor working conditions,high turnover, and does not promote teamwork
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee), Quakertown, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: working with children was rewarding and fun
Cons: management extremely poor and self serving
A typical day at work started by waking children up for the schedual day activities, Making sure they washed up, eat breakfast, and then held morning meeting. After meetings I was responsible to make sure that children went to appropriate classes, then into group meetings about their problems and issues. Then escorted children to rec and then afterwards made preporations to go to sleep. I monitored their behavavior, wrote progress notes on days activities and wrote any incidents that may have happen during the day.
It was very easy working with the clients (children) and they responded positively with my authority and guidance.
Working with co-workers was somewhat difficult at times because management promoted distrust and compitition among other co-workers in a very negative manner. Management did not promote team-work among co-workers and as a result a high turn-over among employees and poor ethics.
Great Experiences Learned
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAJuly 16, 2014
I have learned a great deal of information and knowledge based on the field.
Wonderful work envirovment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Duncansville, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, patient's were very nice as well.
My time at Pyramid Healthcare was excellent. My co-workers and supervisors were very helpful and understanding. Everyone tried to work together as a team. Just wish I could have remained there longer.
All around a nice place to work with good benefits
Financial Counselor Assistant (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 12, 2014
Pyramid is a wonderful place to work and I said when I left that if ever I was looking for another job I would apply again there.
Was mentally taxing. Never positive feedback for a job well done. only feedback was when something wasn't right. Sad.
Behavioral Health Technician/Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Always serious miscommunication. Workers and clients always complaining how the rules change like peoples underwear. Can't ever feel secure in your job, because everyone is expendable. The schedule changes like the weather. Can't tell you what happens daily, because what happens daily changes daily. Sorry.
N/A
Nursing Secretary (Current Employee), Duncansville, PAJanuary 26, 2014
A client based company that has excellent staff and provides an exciting workplace environment
A wonderful place to work.
Clinical Detox Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: minimum supervision, free lunch.
Cons: long work hours.
Working at Pyramid Healthcare was very challenging and rewarding when I see clients begin to change their lives for the betterment of self, and not for a family member or to remain in a relationship.
Total joke
LPN (Former Employee), Duncansville, PASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: nothing!!
Cons: everything!!
This place was a joke; almost like when a group of kids decide they want to open a grocery store and obtain a plastic cart, Fisher Price cash register, and Mickey Mouse phone. Management is arrogant and discriminatory and on an obvious power trip. They are in a clique and have their "favs." The nurses are appalling. Somewhere along the way they got the impression that they were hired to eat, smoke, and gossip. And if they don't like you, watch out! They'll get together, conspire, and engage in a letter writing conspiracy to management until you're termed. They know nothing about psych or patient boundaries and encourage the constant use of medications, while constantly permitting patients to leave groups and come to nursing for minor complaints. So, in essence, they just swap out one drug dependency for another (Vistaril and Neurontin are their favorites) without addressing the issue that led to the drug dependency in the first place. Without going to groups and processing through issues, you won't advance. The answer is not in pill form, at the bottom of a bottle, or at the end of a needle, but this isn't the message they send. This makes me wonder what kind of issues they themselves have and how prepared they are to help people in acute crisis situations, but management backed them. I still hear things that go on there...and I smile. They aren't well liked; people know their character. Remember, you do good and good comes back to you. You do bad and it catches up to you. That's called karma and you can't escape it!
Great first job!
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2013
I learned the "behind-the-scenes" of a drug/alcohol treatment facility. I enjoy my co-workers, the hours, the work environment, etc. I didn't like working on holidays.
My co workers were wonderful nurses.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Altoona, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: hours are great, staff of nurses wonderful
Cons: unable to make a difference, watching clients continue to use in spite of the treatment theyre receiving.
A very structured system. Fast paced and efficient. Most difficult part of the job for me was my moral standards and the values I hold in treating and understanding addiction. In my opinion , the counselors and executive director have very little understanding of the condition and how its best treated. The doctor was wonderful and very aware of his environment. The program is not , in my opinion conducive to recovery, it contradicts all the principle aspects of getting clean and maintaining a sober lifestyle. There's no team work in establishing a care plan for the client.
Good place to gain work experience
Medical Management Technician (Current Employee), Quakertown, PAMay 23, 2013
Pros: great nurse manager
Cons: minimal pay
You feel good about what you do when you get through to a child and you see their face light up when they have a moment of clarity. Ufortunetly this doesn't happen enough and instead most of the children are angry and don't want to get the help.
Supportive enviroment
Director (Current Employee), paFebruary 23, 2013
Pyramid excells in providing training and support from the top down. Like any organization it is not perfect butthe staff are supportive of each other and management tries to keep involved and show support
A great place to work if you want to help people.
Adult Behavioral Health Technician/Med Technician (Former Employee), Belleville, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: very rewarding spiritually.
Cons: long hours
Pyramid Healthcare is a leading Rehabilitation Center. It was a great place to work. I enjoyed watching clients grow in the program.
Fun place to work
Behavior Health Tech - Midnights (Current Employee), Gibsonia, PAJanuary 31, 2013
My co-workers and supervisor are wonderful. Hardest part of this shift is simply staying awake.
a nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 25, 2012
Pros: get to work with the eldery
Cons: don't stay in one place travel home to home
clean house, cook food, run errands give baths take the client to the store

About Pyramid Healthcare

Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. is a provider of behavioral healthcare services headquartered in Altoona, Pennsylvania with adult and – Read more