Pyramid Hotel Group Employee Reviews

I would not recommend this company
Asst. Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Discriminatory agains those with disabilities. Lack of training. Old technology. Closed-door HR policy. Guest service always takes a back seat.
great place
Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2017
The corp office seemed like a nice place to work. Friendly environment and good sense of life work balance. Generouse atmosphere and seemed low stress and productive.
Tough gig
Food and Beverage General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 28, 2017
I am uncertain as to the other properties they own, but the one in Charlottesville, VA is very poorly managed. The present GM is very unprofessional. Uses foul language in meetings with Exec Ops team as well as demeans the team.

In addition, the technology they use is antiquated. Causes a lot of issues. No training to speak of
Pros
Nice people
Cons
old technology no training for incoming managers.
Amazing, a lot of fun
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 26, 2017
If you love dealing with customers / guests all day and cross training into the Bar, shuttle service, kitchen or housekeeping hospitality is where you should be. Fun environment great training, amazing staff, lots of potential to grow within the company and amazing benefits.
Don't do it
Operations Assistant & Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2017
Horrible people to work for. You can not use any words to answer questions by upper-level staff other than Yes ill do that right now. Even if you do not know what you are doing or if that can not be done.
Great Hotel Management Company
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
Pyramid is an excellent environment to grow and learn a s leader in the hospitality industry. On property utilize respective brand guidance/standards with the ability of an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Pros
Great owner relations
Employee Oriented
Chef (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 4, 2016
I managed several food and beverage outlets and many different employee's. Diversity in employees' is where i learned the most about coming into my management style. My Supervisor taught me a lot about the hotel industry and served as a mentor in my transition from Daytona to Orlando. Interacting with the guests' and ensuring they received the best customer service possible was the most enjoyable part of my position.
Partners know how to treat people.
Director of Treasury (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Employees happy-yes

Guests happy-yes

Hotel owner will be happy-$
Great Company
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 27, 2013
Work days were regular. Learned many leadership skills. Also enjoyed my coworkers
good place to eork
engineer (Former Employee) –  stamford ctAugust 31, 2013
very good company to work for it was a good experience mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Customer Service Oriented
Outlet (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2013
In the short time that I've worked for them, things have been good. Each day is a new learning experience for something different. I've learned a lot about labor and other areas that don't involve the customers, which I find exciting.
Fun, fast pace environment, respectful team
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  SchaumburgJuly 29, 2013
Prospect clients, create bookings, contracts, site property, interact with clients.
What I have learned for my interaction with prospective clients is that if you care about their business and treat them like you want to be treated, be truthful about what you can do for them they will be a client forever.
Management has check and balances in place for all levels
Hardest part of my job is not having enough space to sell
Building relationships with my clients and making them happy
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no advancement
Great place
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2013
PHG is a great organization to work for. The employees' are all treated very well and are recognized for their contributions. The opportunities are great as you are promoted internally as well as from property to property.
Pros
Free lunch/parking
Cons
Only 1 property in Atlanta
Excellent Employer
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 4, 2012
Great management company for any hotel investor, owner or lien holder.

Top Line Focused, bottom line aggressive without sacrificing quality of guest experience. Focused on all brand tools and initiatives of whatever flag they fly.
Pros
performance focused for their stakeholders.
Cons
401k has no matching contributions. that could change.
Highly Demanding work environment, but I would work with them again
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Somerset NJ, and Stamford CTMay 16, 2012
Highly demanding and stressful work environment. Systems are super efficient, in spite of the great demands of the job and humongous reporting requirements, the company backs you up in terms of providing the tools and the efficient systems, and corporate officers who are great at what they do.
Pros
systems wise, pyramid is the best company i have worked with.
Cons
work & personal life balance
Its undescribable.
Guest Service Manger (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 2, 2012
- Everyday is like having your bell rung!!
- Learning how to deal with customers.
- Management is not on the same page.
- Co-workers is what makes the place managable.
- No resources to work with/property in need of updating.
- The people
Pros
free lunches