Pyrotek is an international organization that specializes in the development, manufacture & sales of high-temperature materials for industrial applications within the aluminum smelter, cast house and foundries, glass & steel industries. Based in Spokane since its inception in 1956, Pyrotek employs over 2,600 employees in 34 countries. For more information, please visit our website: www.pyrotek.info.
Level: Mid-level Professional (5+ years’ experience)
Location: Corporate Office— Spokane Valley, WA, USA
Travel: Travels to sales meetings, training, or customer operations as needed
The Technical Communication and Design Specialist will be responsible for designing, creating, and reviewing technical communication for the Global Product Management Group. Duties will include but are not limited to generating content for Pyrotek’s internal Knowledge Resource Center (KRC) and external customer facing software application, creating multimedia content (videos, web pages, images, etc.), as well as interfacing with technical experts from other departments to gather and process information that will be incorporated into the appropriate areas (KRC, brochures, datasheets, case studies, etc.).
- Technical writing, review, and editing of technical papers, presentations, case studies, trial reports, etc.
- Design and maintenance of technical content in the Knowledge Resource Center in order to communicate complex ideas effectively and efficiently
- Produce innovative and visually appealing announcements for the global sales force that engages and informs them of product management activities and Knowledge Resource Center updates
- Create and implement software user-assistance for Pyrotek’s Knowledge Resource Center and customer facing software application
- Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with designing, writing, editing, and evaluating technical and scientific materials
- Passion to work in a technical, challenging, and creative environment
- Commitment to pursuing perfection
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study
- Technical writing experience
- Experience creating technical figures (graphics) such as charts, illustrations and photographs
- Lotus Notes experience
- User experience with SharePoint
Pyrotek is a leading international company supplying aluminum, foundry, glass, zinc, steel, noise control and hearth customers with...