QC Financial Employee Reviews

good
Hardware Technician/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 12, 2016
Good place to work until new Management came in and changed directions. Management is click based but co-workers were great to work with.
Life changing
Head Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 23, 2016
I loved working for this company I felt like I was really in a position people out during their hard times.. I was finally getting my own life in order.. I learned how to communicate effectively and work out arrangements that were acceptable on both parties involved..
Pros
Free lunch Every 1st
Cons
Insurance, life insurance
Had a great branch mamager
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 27, 2016
i really enjoyed my time working here. i was a csr and had to do daily bank and mail runs, i love the clientele and had a great relationship with most customers. I think i just really liked knowing that i was helping people in their time of need.
Pros
set schedule, no weekends
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Great Company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 12, 2015
I worked for this company 2 different times. Once for 2 years and once for 8 years. I loved working here. A typical day at work for me was to review reports to see which branch needed attention the most. Going to the branch, auditing, training etc. I learned more than there is room to comment. Management was great most always supportive. Co-workers were the best in the industry for the most part. The hardest part of the job was collections. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a great company.
Pros
Salary was great as is the company.
Cons
If you don't like to make phone calls this is not for you.
Horrible work enviornment!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ALDecember 18, 2012
This is a horrible, horrible company to work for!!! They care NOTHING about putting family first (as they claim to). If you would like to work for a company who would rather you come in to work rather than take care of a family memeber who is hospitalized such as your infant child, then this is the company for you. The upper management is very hot headed and temperamental. Also there is no point in filing a complaint to corporate because they will not do anything with a problem you have within the company. There is absolutely NO job security what so ever with this company, it's all based on revenue and numbers!!!
Pros
there was always something to do to keep busy
Cons
too many to mention
very busy
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 6, 2015
Good job just time consuming. doesn't leave much room for family. the days are long and rules are always changing which isn't to bad just hard to keep up sometimes. my coworkers are great and help to maintain a great work environment
Pros
Cons
not seeing my family
Decent work environment. Benefits.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 26, 2014
A typical day involves taking customers' payments, making calls, collections, filing, and general office work. Learned some things about collections and marketing. Co-workers are generally pleasant. Hardest part of job is dealing with management that is never satisfied. Most enjoyable part of job is a pleasant work environment when managers aren't around to nit pick and micro manage.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible work schedule
Cons
Micro management, Not enough positivity, Nothing is ever good enough
I.T. Help Desk Management is Horrible
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 27, 2012
The management on the I.T. Help Desk is absolutely awful. Especially the Help Desk Manager. He is just an all around terrible person to work for. He constantly yells if you bring him an escalated issue, and will take every frustration out on you. He is racist and sexist. He constantly makes comments that make his employees feel very uneasy. He has a very short temper, and if you cross him once he will make sure you get fired.

This is a very cheap company when it comes to their I.T. Department. Nothing is setup properly and the systems spend more time down than they do up. It's truly is amazing that the stores are able to operate at all. There is not any room for advancement; in my 2+ years of service only 2 chances for promotion have come up, and both times individuals were hired from outside the company without any serious considerations being given to internal candidates.

If you are new to the I. T. world this is not the job for you to gain experience. All of their systems are proprietary, and will not be used at other companies. I do not recommend working for this company at all, in fact do not even submit a resume. It is a waste of your time and effort. By far this is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
four ten hour days
Cons
management is horrible
Fun working environment, great co-workers. Value their employees.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 28, 2012
Opportunity for advancement with great pay. This company truly value their employees. Great security and upper management very helpful and supportive.
Pros
fun company, value employees. advancement opportunities.
Cons
shifts working solo are boring, slow days.
I enjoyed working for this company. We were like a big family.
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 15, 2013
When I first got to work, me and my employee would call the banks to see if any checks would clear. After we called the banks, we would drive to the banks who wouldn't verify funds over the phone. Later, I would get an audit complete, input all checks received from Fed Ex in the computer. At 2:00pm we would call the banks again. Then I would called attorneys' offices and complete our bankruptcies. Also, i would make the schedule or balance petty cash or help where I was needed.
I learned a lot as a manager. Time management was key. The hardest part of my job was learning all the different personalities. I enjoyed the atmosphere in which we worked. It was very up beat and energetic.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
I was doing the same job every day. There were hardley any changes by the day
Good learning Job with room for advancement
Csr/Collections Representative/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
overall I learned a lot with this company. Short term financing at its finest. small office settings great one on one client work
Pros
small office great hours
Cons
comany moved
The worst
collections rep (Current Employee) –  overland park, ksNovember 4, 2014
If you think about applying to work for QC Financial please rethink it. This company is currently shutting down departments and laying people off but wont tell them the truth they will just grind all of what they can get out of you before they let you go. Not only do they hide secrets they also double back on their own policy and dont even follow it. If your african american and want to move into higher positions such as HR, Analyst etc. etc, it wont happen they only see people of different ethics as reps and thats it. The management is so uncoordinated they harass their workers and never suffer any kind of disciplinary action for it they get a slap on the wrist and right back harassing people while top management ignores it. Also they change the bonus structure each quarter so you can make less each quarter they want a lot of work for no pay. Also they never compliment they always focus on what your doing wrong instead of the things you do right. This company is a no go and i will be shocked if they stay around another 5 years.
Pros
Cons
everything
My advise: work for another store note hanford
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hanford ca 93230December 3, 2012
Worst store and area manager I have ever worked for. They were so bad that after complaining about the store manager to the area manager about how the store manager would sit and do nothing but be on cell phone take 2 hour breaks on busy days of the month.Bring child in the back of the store and never help us out. All the emlpoyes total of 4 of us all walked out with in a months time. If that dont say nothing about the 620 store then I dont know what will.. All the other stores are great and have great store managers and employes. The few times that I worked with others from another store. Thats when I relized that 620 was not running the correct way.I hope that this store is looked into. All the new employes are so miserable and feal bullyed by the store and area managers aswell. If 8 emlpoyes out of9 have expressed how much they hate working for them and nothing has been done about it or looked into from corperate then I dont know what will.
Pros
great customers
Cons
bad management!!!!!
Stupid, Ignorant, most unorganized company I have ever worked for
CSR (Former Employee) –  RIALTO, CASeptember 20, 2013
This is the worst company ever to work for, the management sucks, they are unfair, especially in area under this area for rialto, san bernardino, redlands, pomona, west covina, and fontana. The area manager is a beast. The fact of building relationships with customers is the only advantage about this company. They dont pay enough for all the work you do, and dont show appreciation for their employees. Every person within that area basically dreaded coming to work everyday, please run far far far away from this company, it is not worth it !!!!!
Pros
Customer relationships built is the only pro
Cons
UNFAIR MANAGEMENT
Laughable wage with beyond horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UtahSeptember 7, 2013
Working for QC Finance was the worst experience I've had in all of my working career. The actual job is pretty nice, you get to really know your customers and build solid relationships. The management is a nightmare to say the least. The area manager for Northern Utah is, without a doubt, the most hateful and unpleasant woman I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. She definitely knows the business, however her people skills are lacking immensely. She enjoys belittling employees and customers, and has no issues taking out her frustration on employees in front of others. She uses degradation as a form of "motivation", and has openly referred to new employees as "incompetent" and "mentally handicapped". Multiple complaints have been made to the Regional Manager and to Corporate, but nothing has been done to change the situation. It really is a shame that the terrible management overshadows what could be a nice place to work, but the ridiculously high turn-around rate in this area can be blamed on the fact that $9 an hour isn't worth putting up with harassment from your boss. Also, since the area is usually short-staffed, breaks and lunches are non-existent, even during a 9.5 hour shift. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company (at least Northern Utah) unless you enjoy being degraded for very little money, no breaks, and absolutely no recognition for hard work.
Pros
The customers are awesome
Cons
Terrible management, no breaks, low wage
Great Management/Ownership team. Company culture is fantastic, a great place to work.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 28, 2014
A workplace extremely focused on results
Assistant/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day included filling out and filing paperwork as needed. Talking with customers and collecting necessary information to close loans. I learned how to deal with difficult people in the most efficient way possible. The management was extremely strict which kept me working at high capacity for the majority of the time. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with difficult customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Safe counting, debt calls, customer service, deposit checks
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2015
Good place to work. Taught me a lot of things about working with customers. Hated to leave but I feel my solid ground is in collections.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
profits
Didnt love it
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma WashingtonOctober 9, 2015
While a branch manager there, I was often left running the store by myself because of the lack of employees. I met some great people there, but hated that I had to push services on people that I knew would not benefit them.
My Productive Work day
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2012
Working for QC Financial was a enjoyable experience for me. Not only fun but many good experiences for my future. I got along with all management, & had several good co-workers over my past 6 yrs with company. My customer service skills got stronger & I also learned legal processing.
Pros
the working hours were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QC Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8