CAD Drafter and/or site utility map experience - Job description
- Create and update electronic drawing files that provide documentation of "as-built" NASA Facilities. Drawings must be prepared in conformance with NASA/Johnson Space Center CAD standards.
- Field verification as required for buildings, site facilities, utilities and equipment.
- Provide drawing production support as needed for Engineering Department Designs.
- Update NASA's as-built electronic databases for the Engineering Drawing Control Center, Facility Housing Plans, Digging and Tunnel Permit processes, Fire Evacuation Plans and Electrical/Fire Alarm Panel Schedule updates.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in the most recent versions of Microstation and/or AutoCad software platforms.
Knowledge of 3D drawing production, Revit, Projectwise and BIM development is a plus.
- Applicant must have knowledge and understanding of the process of electronic drawing production that is in conformance with prescribed CAD Drafting Graphic Standards.
- Candidate must have general knowledge of standard office communication software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Applicant must be able to read and understand engineering documents and redlined revisions made to such documents.
Candidate must have a general knowledge of engineering standards and symbols for all disciplines including Architectural, Civil, Structural,Electrical and Mechanical designs.
- Candidate must have a general knowledge of proper procedures for development, maintenance and proper archival storage of electronic files and databases.
- Candidate must be proficient in CAD production and Microsoft Office software .
- Ability to work unsupervised in performing field verifications, interpretation of design documents and the preparation of as-
built drawing documentation for facilities and equipment.
- Ability to operate personal computer, printer and plotter equipment as needed for draw ing production and generation of hard-copy documents .
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and have a strong work ethic. Candidate must have the ability to work well with clients, customers and co-workers.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five or more years of applicable electronic drafting experience or an Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design combined with a minimum of three years of drafting experience .
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language both verbally and written in an effective manner.
- Have the dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
- In good physical shape/condition for climbing in and out of tight restricted working areas, as applicable and must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Clean, neat and professional appearance.
- This position is located onsite at NASA/JSC. Applicant must be US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR).
Organizational Considerations for Good Job Fit
- Must be able to work as a team player with engineers and designers in other disciplines in order to properly prepare and maintain as-built master drawing databases.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized and able to work unsupervised on multiple ongoing assignments with challenging deadlines.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Founded in 1999, QSTAFF is the premier technical staffing company supporting a wide range of technical and non-technical disciplines for...