Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Division: Food Ingredients
Shift: 3rd Shift (9:00 p.m. -5:30 a.m.)
Supervisor: Facilities Supervisor
*Position Summary*: Troubleshoot, maintain, install and repair production equipment, building systems and vehicle equipment.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*:
- Perform preventive inspections, lubrication, periodic and incidental maintenance, and repair of production equipment, vehicle equipment and building. Build, install, remodel, troubleshoot and/or make changes to building grounds or equipment, including structures, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, building systems and related maintenance. Perform maintenance, inspection, testing, and operation of all steam boilers and related equipment.
- Create and maintain records of repairs of equipment and purchases of equipment or parts. Purchase and maintain adequate inventories of supplies and replacement parts. Reconcile parts inventories, accurately reduce and receive inventories and enter correct data on computer.
- Cross-train in all production work areas to cover production demands as requested. Assist with production duties and shipping and receiving as needed. Assist in the design, specification and/or procurement of new equipment. Work with outside contractors and vendors as necessary. Assist in training personnel on the operation of production equipment.
- Work as a team and communicate professionally. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Perform duties within quality control and safety guidelines. Keep work area, shop floor and other areas clean and maintained. Empty waste receptacles. Follow safety rules, including perform lockout/tagout procedures. Report observed safety issues to supervisor. Perform other duties as assigned.
*Education and Experience*:
- High school diploma or general education degree and five or more years industrial maintenance or equivalent experience
- Two year technical training degree desired
- Forklift certification
- Working knowledge of mig, tig, and gas welding
- Electrical experience with AC/DC high and low voltages
- Basic knowledge of blueprints
- Possess a valid Special MN Boiler’s License, or ability to obtain
- Mechanical trouble shooting skills. Must be able to evaluate, repair and operate production equipment and building systems.
- Must be able to build, install, remodel, troubleshoot, change, maintain and repair building grounds and/or equipment, including structures, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, building systems and related maintenance.
- Welding and hand and power tool skills to repair and maintain equipment as well as perform other maintenance functions.
- Basic mathematical skills--ability to accurately add, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute units of time and weight measurement and volume.
- Ability to read and follow directions and to read and interpret blueprints.
- Computer and accurate data entry skills.
- Skilled operation of stand-up and sit-down forklifts.
- Customer Focus
- Job Knowledge
- Work Environment/Safety
Employee is frequently required to bend/stoop, squat, twist trunk, lift up to 55 lbs, climb heights, reach, push/pull, sweep. Employee must repetitively grasp objects simply and firmly and use fine manipulation dexterity. Must be able to use hands together and separately at all levels, from ankle to above head. Must use both feet together, separately and repetitively to operate equipment. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Must be able to hear and follow instruction.
Stand and walk on dusty or wet floors.Climb ladders and crouch under equipment. Handle chemicals and dry materials with hazards associated with each of them. Use/operate tools and equipment to perform various maintenance and/or production tasks. Work around moving machinery and in confined spaces. Operate forklift. Lift up to 55 lbs. Handle hazardous chemicals in production equipment when it breaks down. Work with hoses and connections which may sometimes spray chemicals, ingredients when broken down.
This fast paced, team focused organization offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including Medical (Traditional and HSA), Dental, STD, LTD, Life and a matching 401(k). QualiTech is an equal opportunity employer.