Qatar Airways Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Acting Quality & Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work included training the staff on customer satisfaction through sales reservation, pricing and quality assurance. I learned the global aspect of the middle eastern market and how to engage a diverse group towards the common goal of delivering 5Star customer service to all of our customers. As part of the management team we ensured that employee awareness of our vision and mission was applied internally and externally daily. Our culture comprised of a diverse group which open the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas. The hardest part of the job was having to make the decision to leave. The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to train, learn and deliver 5star customer service to our customers.
Pros
Incentives
Lack of Leadership
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 21, 2017
Ticketing and reservation, resolving passengers needs
learned AMADEUS Reservation System
Poor Management, not employee focused
Could potentially be a great place to work but needs to resolve lack of local leadership, all decisions are made in Doha, Qatar, currently don't have a local Manager or director and has not had one for many months
Pros
Health Benefits, flying previledges
Cons
Lack of proper training, lack of local leadership
Productive and fun working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 20, 2017
the management was okay.The hardest part of the job is telling a passenger they cant fly because they are late and having them yell at you and keeping it cool and knowing how to address them professionally
The job atmosphere was great.
Supervisor of five flight attendants for one year (Former Employee) –  QatarDecember 11, 2016
I learned a lot from the leadership at Qatar Airways which led me to being a better Flight Attendant and ultimately getting promoted.
Pros
Free travel tickets, discount on 5 star hotel rooms, visit other countries while working .
Cons
minimum rest hours
its a great company taking care of their employees
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  qatarOctober 6, 2016
long day
I've learnt many skills from this job
management are supporting employees
hardest part is the differences between the time zones
travelling and seeing the world with no tax on salary.
good place to work
Systems Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Company is good. Challening environment. Management is also good and cooperative. Great ongoing learning opportunity. Multicaltural environment with more than 100 nationalities working in Qatar Airways so it been a great exprience with interacting people across world
nice people
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  chicago o hareJuly 2, 2016
it s really good experience to learn more about how you can handle the flight . and work behind counter . checking people and meet new people all over the world
productive fun work environment
Lead Agent - One World Alliance Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2016
great team player , great team players well work together . Hardest part of this job was location . Salary most enjoyable
Pros
salary, free lunches goos team buliding
Cons
dstance to work
Depend on opprotunity
Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  QATARMay 20, 2016
It's feel good and proud to work with best company in his field and best experience for bright future indeed. One of the best achievment,
enjoyed my time there
Administrative Assistant, Country Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022April 16, 2016
loved the company and the people i worked with fast paced company with too much knowledge to learn and gain. People are nice and i gained so many friends
Ukraine International Airline
Cabin Attendant (Former Employee) –  QAMarch 17, 2016
Ukraine International Airline is the largest airline in Ukraine that operates domestic and international passenger flights and cargo services to Europe, Middle East, United States and Asia. It is a full service airline that provides customers with European service standards and traditional Ukrainian hospitality.
Amazing life experience.
Flight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWDecember 21, 2015
I've spent 6 years with Qatar Airways and would not change this experience for anything. Wake up in Paris, have dinner in Doha, shop in New York the next day and go to Maldives for you days off. Just an example of cabin crew week in QR.

The company improved their treatment to flight attendants with the new VP, however still a lot of things could be changed for better.
It has its bad sides like any other job, but also so many great sides that make it all worth it. Tax free salary, provided accommodation and discounted staff tickets for you and your family members, which is perfect to run away from Doha on your days off, as it might be NOT that fun at times and has an extremely hot summer. (around 50 degrees celsius).

As long as you do your job and don't stress about things you can not change you will definitely enjoy this job and all the benefits it brings and you will meet some amazing people that will become your friends for life!
Pros
tax free salary, travel the world, meet new people, provided accommodation, health insurance, discounted tickets for self, family and friends
Cons
strict rules, curfew, lack of freedom, disturbing sleeping pattern, jet leg
Great place to work, very organized and professional enviroment
Cabin Service Director (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWAugust 25, 2015
Employees are trained to perform a the highest level of excellence.Management assured that the employees were always prepared and equipped with the proper tools and skills to preform at the expected standards. They made us proud to work for the organization. My co-workers are some of the best quality of people that were carefully selected to ensure that the company's first class status is maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to exotic locations and staying at first class accommodations.
Pros
Travel, discounted tickets
Cons
The altitude and pressurized cabin is hard on the system
Good
Finance Officer / Station Incharge (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 30, 2015
Explored me a full aviation industry, Good to work there, learned a lot & experienced many things from bottom to top management.
Slow Growth Advancement
TS Manager-EMS and Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJune 4, 2015
Long way to go to implement performance based promotion which is currently managed by person based and his/her relationship with immediate boss.
Being a flight attendant is not a job but a lifestyle, it becomes more like a hobby, to travel and work at the same time.
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  QatarMay 10, 2015
A day in the life of a Qatar Airways cabin crew starts by you always have to look professional and your grooming up to the company's standard. At work the customers are the kings, if there is an issue you fix it, you have to be great at multi tasking and being flexible. If you know how to talk to your talk to your customers, you can get out from any situation, so communication is the key in this industry.
About management at Qatar Airways I would say the less they hear about you the better it is but if you do your job the way you are supposed to and not less you are fine and you stay out of trouble.

The best part of the job is when its time to board that plane for beach destination or even a Houston because you are getting away from Qatar to experience new adventures.
Being in a metal tube for long hours or even a short sector you need your colleagues, and they need you for service and for safety purposes. Great Team work means you will have fun without even seeing the time goes by.
However the hardest part of being a flight attendant is the sleepless nights and the jet lags. But you just get over it and look forward for vacation time. Free and discounted travels around the world and tax free salary are the best incentives made my 5 years and 7 months there all worth it .
Pros
Tax free salary, travel the world for free and health insurance
Cons
Closed minded management, everyone has their own rules and procedures
challenge every mintues at market , working under pressure but in the way you want to do more the best field you could work at
Sales Executive Qatar Airways (Former Employee) –  CairoMarch 26, 2015
the best field you could work and have career
meeting new clients every day
gathering information and making analysis for market
Pros
travelling around the world, meeting diffrent culture
Cons
unexpected crises
Small Craft Beer Store
Senior Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Excellent customer service. Selection of product is excellent while staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Feels like a neighborhood place where you would receive great service.
Mulicultural, Smart Company
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWMarch 3, 2015
A typical day its under pressure, rushing all the time serving passengers anything they need food, drinks, alcohol, sometimes under emergency situations, heart attacks, fainting, asthma, cronical pains, and we need to be calm and also with a smile no matter the situation is.

I learned that I need to be efficient and smart at the same time not to have any feelings if a passenger its upset not to mix the way I feel to get involved with that specific situation. I learned to respect different cultures and to have patience with them.

My co-workers I like and I have to respect them is this kind of law in life that it will always work.

The hardest part of the job its when I am operating flights and I feel sick there is no way to get out from the aircraft and I can go to doctor.

The most enjoyable part is every flight every take off every landing, every smile and every experience with a different crew, and different passengers with a different destination.
Products and Menu Development (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 8, 2015
Good and Challenging
Innovation- good leaders
eye for Details - Implemented new concepts with A380-a350 - New meal Service concepts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2