Qatar Airways Employee Reviews in United States

Depend on opprotunity
Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  QATARMay 20, 2016
It's feel good and proud to work with best company in his field and best experience for bright future indeed. One of the best achievment,
enjoyed my time there
Administrative Assistant, Country Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022April 16, 2016
loved the company and the people i worked with fast paced company with too much knowledge to learn and gain. People are nice and i gained so many friends
Ukraine International Airline
Cabin Attendant (Former Employee) –  QAMarch 17, 2016
Ukraine International Airline is the largest airline in Ukraine that operates domestic and international passenger flights and cargo services to Europe, Middle East, United States and Asia. It is a full service airline that provides customers with European service standards and traditional Ukrainian hospitality.
Amazing life experience.
Flight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWDecember 21, 2015
I've spent 6 years with Qatar Airways and would not change this experience for anything. Wake up in Paris, have dinner in Doha, shop in New York the next day and go to Maldives for you days off. Just an example of cabin crew week in QR.

The company improved their treatment to flight attendants with the new VP, however still a lot of things could be changed for better.
It has its bad sides like any other job, but also so many great sides that make it all worth it. Tax free salary, provided accommodation and discounted staff tickets for you and your family members, which is perfect to run away from Doha on your days off, as it might be NOT that fun at times and has an extremely hot summer. (around 50 degrees celsius).

As long as you do your job and don't stress about things you can not change you will definitely enjoy this job and all the benefits it brings and you will meet some amazing people that will become your friends for life!
Pros
tax free salary, travel the world, meet new people, provided accommodation, health insurance, discounted tickets for self, family and friends
Cons
strict rules, curfew, lack of freedom, disturbing sleeping pattern, jet leg
Nothing to say
employee (Current Employee) –  usaOctober 8, 2015
I have nothing to say, at all, about this company. I will not negatively or positively comment about my experience there.
Great place to work, very organized and professional enviroment
Cabin Service Director (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWAugust 25, 2015
Employees are trained to perform a the highest level of excellence.Management assured that the employees were always prepared and equipped with the proper tools and skills to preform at the expected standards. They made us proud to work for the organization. My co-workers are some of the best quality of people that were carefully selected to ensure that the company's first class status is maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to exotic locations and staying at first class accommodations.
Pros
Travel, discounted tickets
Cons
The altitude and pressurized cabin is hard on the system
Good
Finance Officer / Station Incharge (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 30, 2015
Explored me a full aviation industry, Good to work there, learned a lot & experienced many things from bottom to top management.
Slow Growth Advancement
TS Manager-EMS and Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJune 4, 2015
Long way to go to implement performance based promotion which is currently managed by person based and his/her relationship with immediate boss.
Being a flight attendant is not a job but a lifestyle, it becomes more like a hobby, to travel and work at the same time.
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  QatarMay 10, 2015
A day in the life of a Qatar Airways cabin crew starts by you always have to look professional and your grooming up to the company's standard. At work the customers are the kings, if there is an issue you fix it, you have to be great at multi tasking and being flexible. If you know how to talk to your talk to your customers, you can get out from any situation, so communication is the key in this industry.
About management at Qatar Airways I would say the less they hear about you the better it is but if you do your job the way you are supposed to and not less you are fine and you stay out of trouble.

The best part of the job is when its time to board that plane for beach destination or even a Houston because you are getting away from Qatar to experience new adventures.
Being in a metal tube for long hours or even a short sector you need your colleagues, and they need you for service and for safety purposes. Great Team work means you will have fun without even seeing the time goes by.
However the hardest part of being a flight attendant is the sleepless nights and the jet lags. But you just get over it and look forward for vacation time. Free and discounted travels around the world and tax free salary are the best incentives made my 5 years and 7 months there all worth it .
Pros
Tax free salary, travel the world for free and health insurance
Cons
Closed minded management, everyone has their own rules and procedures
challenge every mintues at market , working under pressure but in the way you want to do more the best field you could work at
Sales Executive Qatar Airways (Former Employee) –  CairoMarch 26, 2015
the best field you could work and have career
meeting new clients every day
gathering information and making analysis for market
Pros
travelling around the world, meeting diffrent culture
Cons
unexpected crises
Small Craft Beer Store
Senior Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Excellent customer service. Selection of product is excellent while staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Feels like a neighborhood place where you would receive great service.
Mulicultural, Smart Company
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWMarch 3, 2015
A typical day its under pressure, rushing all the time serving passengers anything they need food, drinks, alcohol, sometimes under emergency situations, heart attacks, fainting, asthma, cronical pains, and we need to be calm and also with a smile no matter the situation is.

I learned that I need to be efficient and smart at the same time not to have any feelings if a passenger its upset not to mix the way I feel to get involved with that specific situation. I learned to respect different cultures and to have patience with them.

My co-workers I like and I have to respect them is this kind of law in life that it will always work.

The hardest part of the job its when I am operating flights and I feel sick there is no way to get out from the aircraft and I can go to doctor.

The most enjoyable part is every flight every take off every landing, every smile and every experience with a different crew, and different passengers with a different destination.
Products and Menu Development (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 8, 2015
Good and Challenging
Innovation- good leaders
eye for Details - Implemented new concepts with A380-a350 - New meal Service concepts
Food And Beverage
F&B Agent (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 29, 2015
every day 10 hours work. they gave us lots of training. management is excellent. co workers are very help full. its gets busy in morning and evening..very good experience i got working with Qatar airways
Pros
free meals
Cons
healthcare, staff travel
Always in the aircraft and always flying
Cargo and Sales (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 11, 2015
I always enjoy my work environment and my only enemy at work is time because work is always under time pressure and for working for a very long time in aviation, I am used to handle and manage it.
Productive Enviroment
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2014
Working at Qatar Airways is very good. It is a company that you can grow with internationally or locally. The benefits that they offer employees are good for individuals and family. The company is diverse which allow one to learn about different culture.
It was Five Star Experience for me to work in Qatar Airlines
Senior Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCNovember 28, 2014
GREAT FIVE STAR AIRLINE.

During my tenure with Qatar Airways for 7 years helped to learn many things such as to improve my Leadership ability. Support from my Superiors was Great . Started from One destination- New Jersey, now QR operating from 7 Stations and we worked with limited staff to handle all these stations was a tremendous experience of working under pressure to meet the dead line requirement.
Pros
diversity of staff was amazing
Cons
lack of communication
One of the World - 5 Star Airline
Admin Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 7, 2014
Fun place to work with diversified culture, work ethics and top notch 5 star service.
Pros
free air tickets to any desitination in the world
Cons
short breaks and on-time-performance expectations but challenging to meet deadlines.
This company can be compare to a teenager
Learning and Development specialist (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWAugust 27, 2014
This company is very young and behave like a teenager.
The management style is weak and use the blame culture. What is fantastic is the multicultural aspect with more than 156 nationalities !
productive, fun, cool, treating workers well with acalm envirnment.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 19, 2014
Associating with other people and that goes along with team work.
Learning from one another and take the company to another level.
Pros
healty insurance, lunch and rent, opportunities to my family members.
Cons
leaves or breaks from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2