QBE FIRST

QBE FIRST Employee Reviews

productive work environment
data entry (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 22, 2015
enjoyable company to work for, management was great and always willing to work with the staff. training was always provided I needed. management always made staff feel comfortable with birthday celebrations and other fun activities.
Okay place to work.
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 10, 2015
The workers are fun and supportive. The management outsourced our department to India which sucks. The workers are fun and supportive. The management outsourced our department to India which sucks.
n/a
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2015
• Effectively assist with building a total of 400 trucks daily
• Efficiently produces in a manufacturing type setting, by frequent lifting and carrying of objects, standing for long hours each day, and using the flexibility of limbs and hand-eye coordination
• Takes proactive measures by performing routine maintenance checks on machinery to ensure the accurateness of quality
Was a great place to work
Insurance Servicing Team Lead (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company many, many years ago. Very friendly co-workers and management. Management, as well as the store environment, has since changed.
Excellent location and great people to work with.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), irvine,caMay 8, 2015
Pros: benefits and good pay
Cons: overtime alway standard in this company and leadership is not best
It was a great company, but too many changes in the company that lead to 4 massive layoffs in two years. It will hard for company to grow again.
Productive workplace victim of corporate downsizing
Insurance Operations Representative (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good benefits for full time employees
Cons: Unreasonably high standards of quality and productivity, 0 job security, beaten-down workforce after new management decisions
QBE First *was* a very strong team composed of a variety of highly skilled and talented workers, all departments dedicated in one way or another to providing the highest quality customer service to the mortgaging banks and their clients, specializing in the dwelling insurance marketplace.

The company *had* some of the highest tenured individuals out of any company I'd ever worked for previous, some of my colleagues having worked with QBE for over 30+ years. We had great benefits, a 401k company matched savings plan, and for the most part, very caring and attentive management in all departments. – more...

However this all unfortunately changed as the company went into new management, and the corporation decided to make rather foolish decisions to save money and retain clients against their aggressive competition. Over the past couple of years, they began to cut every single department--regardless of the quality and productive success of the department or the individuals in the department.

Our processes and procedures are VERY complicated, and many people cannot meet the incredibly high standards, so when I say that we had a highly tenured team, I mean the people working had the absolute best quality and productivity throughout the company for many many years running, consistently.

The past two years were nothing short of a massacre of layoffs, increasing of standards and working hours beyond human ability to meet, the blocking of almost any ability to request vacation, punishment for unavoidable sick days, and the overall disillusionment of the workforce, followed by their layoff.

Most departments got decent severance packages, however when the work QBE outsourced was too much for the untrained and unskilled teams overseas, they attempted to hire us all back on as temps, which would invalidate our severance packages, make us not qualify for any benefits, and basically screw over anybody who decided to come back.

It is important to note: I used to LOVE working for this company. My team was very skilled, hard working, and everyone REALLY CARED about the company, it's clients, and providing the best quality care for their clients. They used to repay us in kind with good pay, reasonable hours (40hr workweek), and in treating us like adults and professionals. The work was always difficult, but we were motivated to continue, and we never complained, even after the company decided we were no longer people; we worked our hearts out until the company finally let us all go.

Layoffs are understandable, however everything leading up to them in the case of QBE was a gross attempt to force people to leave without their severances, or to get open to being fired for literally a single typo on a non-critical field, despite a lifetime of hard, loyal service. – less
Productive, but Challenging Company
Sr. Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: The pay is not worth all of the work that is endured.
I loved QBE; however, there is room for improvement within leadership. Sometimes, listening helps. The employee moral has seriously dropped. I truly feel as employee's are taken for granted.
n/a
QA Consultant (Former Employee), qaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: n.a
Cons: n.a
The culture is such that employees will trample each other for recognition. This culter is facilitated by the management. There seems to be no real identity within the industry but I truly hope they find the proper guidance.
Loved working for this company
INSURANCE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), jacksonville,flJanuary 28, 2015
The job culture and values were so down to earth. Benefits were reasonable and the company paid more for the benefits.
Great people to work with.
Insurance Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee), Moon TownshipJanuary 24, 2015
My co workers are great people to work with. I try to make each day fun for my staff so they complete their work in a timely and accurate manner. I reinforce the knowledge neccessary to rely on thier own skills and abilities.
Worldwide Employer
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
I normally start at 7:30 by signing into our systems. Work is online and phone system is tied into the desktop unit. I work referrals for new business, policy changes, and renewals for Personal Lines Homeowner. I have learned several new systems while at QBE as well as developing relationships with agencies across the United States. My co-workers are talented and upwardly motivated. All are hard workers with excellent work ethic. The hardest part of the job is working multiple calls while also working referrals, emails, diaries, inspections and insurance department inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with our other locations and agencies across the U.S. to select the best business to meet our company guidelines and goals.
Great team environment, home/work life balance
Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: flex and remote work schedules
Global company with various insurance divisions around the world, largely in Europe. Great place to work for great home/work balance. Company offers flex and remote work schedules and better than average benefits. Not a lot of room for advancement as many departments are outsourced to third party providers.
i loved it
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Durham NCOctober 24, 2014
The work experience was wonderful from beginning to end. I enjoyed working in a well educated and diverse environment.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Moon Township, PAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: new management
Instructed the following: Fidelity, Rembrandt, Tracksource, and Payee Maintenance Screen.
Responsible for Supervising 5 Supervisors and 64 employees.
Conducted approval process for time card agreement.
Directed work flow on daily basis for employees.
Improved productivity thru quality check and insemination of QA/QC error.
Trained employees on procedures, policies, and state-of-the-art advancements within department.
Communicating and monitoring the work progress of Client Teams on tasks related to Client Request.
Monitored SLA thru daily reports status.
Productive, Fun Environment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, website to cash out for prizes, great insurance benefits
Cons: short lunch
a typical work day is 8 hrs. Come in gather team stats and send to supervisor and manager, take inbound calls if the queue is calling for it, coaching for improvement, review procedures and maintain team moral.
Assisted clients as a CNA
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 14, 2014
I would go to clients homes and take care of them as well as their homes. The hardest part of the job was when my clients would pass away. The most enjoyable was the interaction with the clients.
Never ending stream of work from so many Clients', great break room to chit-chat with colleagues about work related stuff.
Tax Services Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches like crazy, there's always some type of work incentive prize to be won for high performers'.
Cons: the only con has to be lay-offs.
Awesome place to work. Great Management team, family type work atmosphere, great compensation.
Do not recommend
customer sevrice (Former Employee), Moon Township, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: vacation time available, associates
Cons: management, scheduling
Have worked with the company for a few years. I would never recommend this pace to family or friends. The work load is high volume on average 10-15 calls an hour. The management is a joke. The only things they are concerned with is quiting time and the latest gossip. If you go to them with an issue or a question. Its brushed off with an "I don't know let me find out" then you never get an answer. Schedule and time off is all based on seniority, and at the rate they are hiring people expect to be on the bottom for a very long time. On the bright side the pay is decent and the time off is wonderful. The company as a whole I believe to a good company to work for. I just believe the issues addressed are within this site only.
Insurance
Loss Draft Services Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: fun environment, room to advance
Cons: poor benifits, no compensation
• Listening and understanding customer complaints
• Assessing and rating associates.
• Reviewing and updating QC Procedures.
• Training and mentoring new staff.
• Producing reports for Quality managers.
Great place to work and use your knowledge
Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: acknowledging the employees; appreciates their employees
Cons: bringing in new management
I enjoyed working with QBE. Management was very hands on and the company as a whole was always about the employee.

1 2 3 4 5