QBE FIRST Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work
Senior Operations Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2016
There was just no job security. People were getting laid off left and right. Company kept bankrupting and the company changed buyers 3 times since I was employed there. They had a great benefit package. They had excellent bonuses and incentives. The people were great to work with. It was a nice comfortable environment. They had flexible shifts. Management was great.
Goal and team oriented place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 13, 2016
Always a goal driven place to work. Learned many skills including organization and customer service. Management was always hired within the company and very approachable about any situation. Loved working in a team oriented environment.
Professional, yet very down to Earth people
Senior UNIX Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Four of the best years of my career; bar none. Management was amazing, and project management was stellar. One of those golden opportunities that you want to hold onto forever.
Best job ever!!
Funds Control/ Tax Line Setup (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2015
Very uplifting environment. All the associates seem happy to be at work. Management very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues, they make you feel like a part of a family.
Pros
Great job
Cons
not a permanent position
Good entry level position
Condominium Data Tracking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Overall fine job, except you are kept as a contractor with no benefits for a looooong time. Management has a good attitude and there are many good people that work there.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no benefits
Good Place to Work
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 11, 2015
I loved working for this company as there was much room for advancement. However, there was favoritism within the departments and not everyone was treated fairly with attendance practices.
Not a bad company to work for until the jobs were moved offshore
Insurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 29, 2015
Until the company started losing business in the force place business department and doing cut backs it was not a bad company to work for. There were bonuses and we had a decent amount of paid time off.
productive work environment
data entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 22, 2015
enjoyable company to work for, management was great and always willing to work with the staff. training was always provided I needed. management always made staff feel comfortable with birthday celebrations and other fun activities.
n/a
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2015
• Effectively assist with building a total of 400 trucks daily
• Efficiently produces in a manufacturing type setting, by frequent lifting and carrying of objects, standing for long hours each day, and using the flexibility of limbs and hand-eye coordination
• Takes proactive measures by performing routine maintenance checks on machinery to ensure the accurateness of quality
Was a great place to work
Insurance Servicing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company many, many years ago. Very friendly co-workers and management. Management, as well as the store environment, has since changed.
Excellent location and great people to work with.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  irvine,caMay 8, 2015
It was a great company, but too many changes in the company that lead to 4 massive layoffs in two years. It will hard for company to grow again.
Pros
benefits and good pay
Cons
overtime alway standard in this company and leadership is not best
Productive workplace victim of corporate downsizing
Insurance Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2015
QBE First *was* a very strong team composed of a variety of highly skilled and talented workers, all departments dedicated in one way or another to providing the highest quality customer service to the mortgaging banks and their clients, specializing in the dwelling insurance marketplace.

The company *had* some of the highest tenured individuals out of any company I'd ever worked for previous, some of my colleagues having worked with QBE for over 30+ years. We had great benefits, a 401k company matched savings plan, and for the most part, very caring and attentive management in all departments.

However this all unfortunately changed as the company went into new management, and the corporation decided to make rather foolish decisions to save money and retain clients against their aggressive competition. Over the past couple of years, they began to cut every single department--regardless of the quality and productive success of the department or the individuals in the department.

Our processes and procedures are VERY complicated, and many people cannot meet the incredibly high standards, so when I say that we had a highly tenured team, I mean the people working had the absolute best quality and productivity throughout the company for many many years running, consistently.

The past two years were nothing short of a massacre of layoffs, increasing of standards and working hours beyond human ability to meet, the blocking of almost any ability to request vacation, punishment for unavoidable sick days, and the overall disillusionment of the workforce, followed by their
  more... layoff.

Most departments got decent severance packages, however when the work QBE outsourced was too much for the untrained and unskilled teams overseas, they attempted to hire us all back on as temps, which would invalidate our severance packages, make us not qualify for any benefits, and basically screw over anybody who decided to come back.

It is important to note: I used to LOVE working for this company. My team was very skilled, hard working, and everyone REALLY CARED about the company, it's clients, and providing the best quality care for their clients. They used to repay us in kind with good pay, reasonable hours (40hr workweek), and in treating us like adults and professionals. The work was always difficult, but we were motivated to continue, and we never complained, even after the company decided we were no longer people; we worked our hearts out until the company finally let us all go.

Layoffs are understandable, however everything leading up to them in the case of QBE was a gross attempt to force people to leave without their severances, or to get open to being fired for literally a single typo on a non-critical field, despite a lifetime of hard, loyal service.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits for full time employees
Cons
Unreasonably high standards of quality and productivity, 0 job security, beaten-down workforce after new management decisions
Productive, but Challenging Company
Sr. Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2015
I loved QBE; however, there is room for improvement within leadership. Sometimes, listening helps. The employee moral has seriously dropped. I truly feel as employee's are taken for granted.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
The pay is not worth all of the work that is endured.
n/a
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  qaMarch 29, 2015
The culture is such that employees will trample each other for recognition. This culter is facilitated by the management. There seems to be no real identity within the industry but I truly hope they find the proper guidance.
Pros
n.a
Cons
n.a
Loved working for this company
INSURANCE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  jacksonville,flJanuary 28, 2015
The job culture and values were so down to earth. Benefits were reasonable and the company paid more for the benefits.
Great people to work with.
Insurance Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moon TownshipJanuary 24, 2015
My co workers are great people to work with. I try to make each day fun for my staff so they complete their work in a timely and accurate manner. I reinforce the knowledge neccessary to rely on thier own skills and abilities.
Worldwide Employer
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
I normally start at 7:30 by signing into our systems. Work is online and phone system is tied into the desktop unit. I work referrals for new business, policy changes, and renewals for Personal Lines Homeowner. I have learned several new systems while at QBE as well as developing relationships with agencies across the United States. My co-workers are talented and upwardly motivated. All are hard workers with excellent work ethic. The hardest part of the job is working multiple calls while also working referrals, emails, diaries, inspections and insurance department inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with our other locations and agencies across the U.S. to select the best business to meet our company guidelines and goals.
Great team environment, home/work life balance
Senior Analyst - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2014
Global company with various insurance divisions around the world, largely in Europe. Great place to work for great home/work balance. Company offers flex and remote work schedules and better than average benefits. Not a lot of room for advancement as many departments are outsourced to third party providers.
Pros
flex and remote work schedules
i loved it
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham NCOctober 24, 2014
The work experience was wonderful from beginning to end. I enjoyed working in a well educated and diverse environment.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Moon Township, PAOctober 19, 2014
Instructed the following: Fidelity, Rembrandt, Tracksource, and Payee Maintenance Screen.
Responsible for Supervising 5 Supervisors and 64 employees.
Conducted approval process for time card agreement.
Directed work flow on daily basis for employees.
Improved productivity thru quality check and insemination of QA/QC error.
Trained employees on procedures, policies, and state-of-the-art advancements within department.
Communicating and monitoring the work progress of Client Teams on tasks related to Client Request.
Monitored SLA thru daily reports status.
Pros
employees
Cons
new management