QBE FIRST

QBE FIRST Employer Reviews

Family like everyone treated respectfully
Licensed Surplus Lines Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
8 to 4:30
Accounting, balancing reporting of premiums, interact with different departments of insurance throughout the USA
Became a Surplus lines Agent, advanced in my position starting as a customer service rep they paid for my schooling and had the opportunity to advance within the company
After working for so many years with the same company co-workers – more... were and extended family, as we grew together starting in our early twenties and advancing our careers.
Management was friendly and very easy going
The hardest part of my job was very long hours when needed, but it had its perks.
Enjoyed interacting with a large variety of people and cultures – less
Great place to work for
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 30, 2014
Pros: flex schedules, benefits-tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays.
Cons: the us branch is cosntantly in a state of flux so it feels like there is no job security.
I worked for this company when it was called ZCsterling and through the carious name changes. It was acquired by QBE First. QBE was a good place to work for- though it was profit driven not people driven. The only real problem was in the end the NC office was closed or I would still be working for this company. Benefits were good overall.
not a fun place to work
Quality Assurance Methods Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about computers
Cons: closing
They are very cheap and out sourcing most of the work. This place is a political if they don't like you your out. You will not get promoted and make anything .
Productive Workplace and very helpful information
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches and events sometimes
Cons: temporary employment with no benefits
Very productive environment and helpful information dealing with mortgage claims and mortgage information. Enjoy the environment with my colleagues and get along easily while helping eachother with accounts.
MICRO MANAGEMENT
Sr. Claim Representative/Homeowner's Department (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: my supervisor taught me how to write a good letter, and the benefits were good
Cons: micro management to the third power, and the constant reports you had to stay off of
I worked as a Senior Claims Representative in the homeowner's department in Plano, TX. They hired me knowing that I did not have any prior experience handling property claims. I went through training, and the training was constantly interrupted by the trainer, as she spoke more about accomplishments as a chef. My manager was HORRIBLE. He used his power – more... as a manager to control you and you were forced to do things his way. The HR representative was biased and the employees had no voice. – less
n/a
Administrative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 12, 2014
received, open, sorted and batched mail
worked in queues as needed (draw checks, endorsement check and faxes)
filing
quality control
training new hires
ordered office supplies
audit (checks inventory)
Steady
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2014
Processing insurance information received from agents into our database

Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved

Traveled with the company to train our procedures of the new database

Currently doing Quality Control to ensure our processes are being met and worked properly
Nothing really good to say
Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 7, 2014
Upper management is not good. Supervisors are always watching over you. things are always changing.
Not Sure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 6, 2014
I was working for a contracted company under Bank of America, and partway through the end of my time there, QBE First bought the company out and took over. There were some major transitions, but I could tell they were putting forward their best efforts to make us feel comfortable and make it work.
Assertive and operational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches and fundays to mimic holidays, rewards/perks from online website through job, pto
Cons: attendance counting against you for snow/icestorms, (even when national advisory states to stay off of the road.)
Attending work @ QBE was very exciting when I first gained employment there. I was able to learn the true meaning of cohesiveness, teamwork, and what working diligently really employs. I also fostered skill building techniques that helped aid me in the proper directions to locate pertinent information, conducive to resolving any potential issues that – more... needed to be amended pertaining to the customer or whetehr issues lied internally. I personally loved my management team as they really displayed an earnest compassion for the work that each and every employee produced. The management team there took on a personal approach not just to acquaint themselves with a name, but they were able to identify specific characteristics about each one of us by the supportive feedback that was provided to us on a daily basis. Though unfortunately the company took on other business ventures, lessening opportunities for advancement while leading to other perspectives that led them to be a numbers based running operation, I enjoyed the direct concern that was exemplified as appreciation when we were rewarded with numerous activities to show us how were appreciated for the hardwork being endured. AT my prior employment we were seperated by teams. I can truely say that though we stood divided by team names, we were definitely a united front as we strived to assist one another, daily, whenever someone had a problem or troubling issue concerning the phone call being provided or customer service being delivered. I was always willing to allow new comers to wire jack with me, through connecting headsets, ensuring eliminations to all questions provided through training being implemented while wire jacked. I commuted to my job 2 hours daily, one hour on the way to work and one hour from work. It was definitely worth it as I was dedicated to my work environment, my-coworkers, and my job. – less
Executive Management Makes Poor Decisions
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
Poor Upper Management. The work/life balance is good, but nothing else.
See QBE
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2014
The review of QBE FIRST is the same as QBE. In 2012, the name changed from QBE FIRST to QBE.
Good Place to work
Project Management Consultant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2014
Overall it is a good company to work for.Company is in the adjustment period.
Challenging work environment that is soon coming to an end.
Tax Research Analyst (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no work-life balance
I come to work review my daily emails, go over my work assignment with my manager. I spend most of my days calling taxing jurisdictions to gather delinquent/current tax info and property liens. After researching I figure up what is due and I submit payments to the jurisdictions.

I learned multiple computer systems/software. I learned how to use an – more... Access Database to gather information on delinquent tax lines.

My managers were hard working people with tremendous people skills. However they did not understand the computer programs that we used on a daily basis causing a communication problem in some cases.

I have been fortunate enough to have the most awesome co workers I have ever had at any job. I will truly miss the people I work with on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of my job is what we are currently going through. We found out about a month ago that our company was purchased by a competitor and that the transition will take place on July, 31st. They have currently given most employees' their 60 day notice. We have a stiff workload, and tight deadlines forced upon us by both QBE and the competitor that purchased us. – less
Professional Workplace with high demand placed on accomplishment of meeting deadlines for time sensitive processing
Senior Insurance Operations Representative (Current Employee), Moon Township PA 15108March 30, 2014
Cons: madatory overtime every week
Reviewed incoming insurance documents and updated accordingly to System of Record
Kept a talley sheet of incoming mail volumes
Cancelled Collateral Protection insurance placed on auto and mortgage loans
Performed outbound calls to insurance carriers and insurance agents to verify accuracy and coverage information/details
Disbursed payments from escrow – more... accounts – less
N/A
Jurisdictional Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Very Busy and stressful. Constant keying in database. deadlines quarterly.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Mortgage/Tax department senior tax associate (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2014
Cons: recently purchased by another company, transition period approximately 5 months
Contact tax jurisdictions through the USA, via phone, fax or email and the web.
Dynmaic Fast Paced environment
Escrow and Tax Reporting Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work is 8 - 9 hours of accounting functions, responding to inquiries from both other employees and outside jurisdictions, researching issues for bank reconciliation and working closely with other team members. Hardest part of the job is the month-end push. Most enjoyable is researching and untangling problems.
educational and professional environment
Property Loss/Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 30, 2014
The training was excellent. I was able to learn a tremendous bunch about the business
Customer Care Supervisor, Hazard Outsourcing (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: compensation
Would like to have more consistent communication between department.

1 2 3 4