QBE FIRST

QBE FIRST Employer Reviews

Assisted clients as a CNA
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 14, 2014
I would go to clients homes and take care of them as well as their homes. The hardest part of the job was when my clients would pass away. The most enjoyable was the interaction with the clients.
Never ending stream of work from so many Clients', great break room to chit-chat with colleagues about work related stuff.
Tax Services Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches like crazy, there's always some type of work incentive prize to be won for high performers'.
Cons: the only con has to be lay-offs.
Awesome place to work. Great Management team, family type work atmosphere, great compensation.
Do not recommend
customer sevrice (Former Employee), Moon Township, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: vacation time available, associates
Cons: management, scheduling
Have worked with the company for a few years. I would never recommend this pace to family or friends. The work load is high volume on average 10-15 calls an hour. The management is a joke. The only things they are concerned with is quiting time and the latest gossip. If you go to them with an issue or a question. Its brushed off with an "I don't know – more... let me find out" then you never get an answer. Schedule and time off is all based on seniority, and at the rate they are hiring people expect to be on the bottom for a very long time. On the bright side the pay is decent and the time off is wonderful. The company as a whole I believe to a good company to work for. I just believe the issues addressed are within this site only. – less
Insurance
Loss Draft Services Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: fun environment, room to advance
Cons: poor benifits, no compensation
• Listening and understanding customer complaints
• Assessing and rating associates.
• Reviewing and updating QC Procedures.
• Training and mentoring new staff.
• Producing reports for Quality managers.
Great place to work and use your knowledge
Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: acknowledging the employees; appreciates their employees
Cons: bringing in new management
I enjoyed working with QBE. Management was very hands on and the company as a whole was always about the employee.
Horrible place to work.
Procedures Analyst (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: no manager hangin over me during my day to day.
Cons: there was no way to exceed with the expectations they set after the acquisition.
Before QBE bought out our portion of the business work was great and promotion opportunities were always present. I received numerous awards before the acquisition. Working with QBE it became a job rather than a career. There was never a day where I felt like I met the manager's expectation, or that there was any chance of meeting them. I felt like – more... they wanted to find any reason to get rid of the Legacy Bank of America employees. In the end they laid almost all of Legacy Bank of America employees and replaced them with existing QBE employees.

I did enjoy the people on my team (excluding mangers) and provided them continuous training to better perform their jobs with the most efficiency as possible. – less
Productive and good place to work
Senior Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), 600 Lindbergh, Dr. Moon Township, PA 15108September 21, 2014
Cons: good hours health care
Productive and good place to work. Rewards for good productivity
Pulling the Wool Over our Eyes
Tax Research Analyst (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good people, high starting pay
Cons: lack of communication from management, high school mentatlity for many of the managers
QBE sold it's Tax division to Lereta Financial, now this normally wouldn't be any different then any of the other mergers or acquisitions, however QBE abandoned us and allowed Lereta to stomp all over us.

Three rounds of lay offs and with nearly half the staff we had we are still expected to produce the same amount of work and get the same amount of – more... work done within the original SLA that each lender has established.

My team personally was on 10 hours of overtime a week for almost a year.

If it wasn't for the people I would have left this place a long time ago. – less
Best Job Ever
Senior Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2014
This was my very first "real" job, welcoming me into the real world. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it felt like my co-workers were more like family, which made me eager to want to come to work each day.
Productive and good people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Coraopolis, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: kept busy, new experiences everyday.
Cons: never had the same schedule.
very fast paced job, Took anywhere from 60 to 110 calls a day, Sometimes had to deal with unhappy customers and had to find a way to resolve the problem to satisfy the customer.
Learned to be patient and understanding and deal with the issues on hand.
overall really didn't have much issue with management, always tried to resolve anything that came to – more... front.
always got along with co-workers and tried to be helpful when needed.
Hardest part of my job was trying to defuse a customer that is not willing to provide information in order for me to resolve there account.
I enjoy working with the customers and it always give me a sense of pleasure knowing I was able to resolve the matter at hand and set there minds at ease. – less
It was good while it lasted.
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, food, incentives, health programs
Cons: little flexibility, understaffed, limited room for growth.
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Family like everyone treated respectfully
Licensed Surplus Lines Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
8 to 4:30
Accounting, balancing reporting of premiums, interact with different departments of insurance throughout the USA
Became a Surplus lines Agent, advanced in my position starting as a customer service rep they paid for my schooling and had the opportunity to advance within the company
After working for so many years with the same company co-workers – more... were and extended family, as we grew together starting in our early twenties and advancing our careers.
Management was friendly and very easy going
The hardest part of my job was very long hours when needed, but it had its perks.
Enjoyed interacting with a large variety of people and cultures – less
Great place to work for
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 30, 2014
Pros: flex schedules, benefits-tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays.
Cons: the us branch is cosntantly in a state of flux so it feels like there is no job security.
I worked for this company when it was called ZCsterling and through the carious name changes. It was acquired by QBE First. QBE was a good place to work for- though it was profit driven not people driven. The only real problem was in the end the NC office was closed or I would still be working for this company. Benefits were good overall.
not a fun place to work
Quality Assurance Methods Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about computers
Cons: closing
They are very cheap and out sourcing most of the work. This place is a political if they don't like you your out. You will not get promoted and make anything .
Productive Workplace and very helpful information
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches and events sometimes
Cons: temporary employment with no benefits
Very productive environment and helpful information dealing with mortgage claims and mortgage information. Enjoy the environment with my colleagues and get along easily while helping eachother with accounts.
MICRO MANAGEMENT
Sr. Claim Representative/Homeowner's Department (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: my supervisor taught me how to write a good letter, and the benefits were good
Cons: micro management to the third power, and the constant reports you had to stay off of
I worked as a Senior Claims Representative in the homeowner's department in Plano, TX. They hired me knowing that I did not have any prior experience handling property claims. I went through training, and the training was constantly interrupted by the trainer, as she spoke more about accomplishments as a chef. My manager was HORRIBLE. He used his power – more... as a manager to control you and you were forced to do things his way. The HR representative was biased and the employees had no voice. – less
n/a
Administrative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 12, 2014
received, open, sorted and batched mail
worked in queues as needed (draw checks, endorsement check and faxes)
filing
quality control
training new hires
ordered office supplies
audit (checks inventory)
Steady
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2014
Processing insurance information received from agents into our database

Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved

Traveled with the company to train our procedures of the new database

Currently doing Quality Control to ensure our processes are being met and worked properly
Nothing really good to say
Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 7, 2014
Upper management is not good. Supervisors are always watching over you. things are always changing.
Not Sure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 6, 2014
I was working for a contracted company under Bank of America, and partway through the end of my time there, QBE First bought the company out and took over. There were some major transitions, but I could tell they were putting forward their best efforts to make us feel comfortable and make it work.

1 2 3 4 5