QBE North America

QBE North America Employee Reviews

QBE is full of confusion
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: good compensation and hours
Cons: poor management and high stress
when QBE took over ZC Sterling, they laid off most if not all of the top talent. Job cuts were not based on merit or seniority but by job titles and possibly coin flips. as a result the work place was poorly managed, very stressful, and inefficient.
Productive and a friendly workplace
IT Client Services Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: Happy Hour, Co-workers are nice
QBE is a very friendly workplace. We are do have a happy hour once a month. In the IT department, we do help each other like in the Hurricane Sandy.
Excellent Company to work for.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great benfits
Cons: Job security
My typical day was sorting and complying mail to be sent out and sending it with proper postage. I learned how to manage accounts for different types of mail. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my day was not knowing the work load or the amount of staff on hand. I mostly enjoyed working in the fast pass environment.
good
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 17, 2015
good environment , good people to work with.
Gained Quality Assurance experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including test planning, testing, defect tracking and reporting
Productive, collaborative and fast pace place to work
Senior Processor Technician (Current Employee), Simsbury CTMarch 14, 2015
Pros: 7, 50 hour day
Working at QBE Americas is a great learning and growth experience. The typical day starts at 7am checking emails, work to do list and work to finish previous day and ends 3:15pm.
The processing of policies for new business, renewals and endorsements are done on a production basis.

On a continual daily basis there is interaction with management and underwriters per email or in person if possible and is expected.

My co-workers and I work cohesively and collaborative with daily policy changes and challenges that arise.

I am fortunate to be able to solve the complex issues with the input of my co-workers and management in the most productive time.
Not technically aware
Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, wiFebruary 16, 2015
Though functional as a team little coordination. Staff left project manger listening to crickets when he asked a question about the status of an on going problem in fact they exited the teleconference.
I had resolved my issue and received approval to close out with the root cause and problem resolution.
Fun place to work
Program QA Lead (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free library
Cons: no breaks
Typical Day at Work - Usually all prior few days for production we have experienced typical days as the current project I am working is health care and we get frequent changes from government (cms) .

Learned- Should very closely work with business and technical team to make sure teh QA assumptions matches desired output .Reviews are conducted on each phase of testing like test plan review, test case review , test results review.

Management - work friendly and supportive management

Co-workers- Competitive and friendly working culture

Hardest part of job - Requirements changes, No proper requirements, incomplete requirements and impact analysis

Enjoyable - Successful release with business team satisfaction and team appreciations.
Great Company to work for with high regard for job work/life balance
Senior Claims Specialist-Casualty (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Training and Expectations are generous allowing for high success rate and advance
Fast pace, high volume work load, interaction with all departments, Strong team work ethics
FSD Cash Management Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, team work, opportunity
Cons: loss of jobs do to outsorcing over seas
Qbe North America is a fast pace growing, evolving company. The staff is stong hard working. Managagemet team has a open door policy for when you need. Through the years due to a strong work ethic I was able to learn many jobs and become a efficent Cash Managemnt, Account receivable/payable collections accountant.
Underwriter, Personal Lines (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: no micro-managing. i am allowed a certain measure of independence.
Cons: i'm looking for new challenges.
Overall, I am happy at QBE, but I'm a little bored. The people I work for, and with, are wonderful, but I am looking for something different. I have tried to look for other positions within the company, but there aren't any opportunities in my city.

My favorite parts of the job are the problem-solving and decision making. I like to help people, and feel useful.

One of my biggest complaints about the job revolves around the benefits. My compensation is fine, but I am not happy with my health care options. When I have had problems, the HR department is not helpful or responsive. That said, it is really the only negative to working at QBE.
QBE was good place to work.
Acctg Reporting Manager Financial Services Dept (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: healtcare reduction in recent years, pension plan elimination.
The work day was usually long but there were deadlines to be met as is usual in the accounting department. Workdays usually included two to three meetings. Communicatiing with several internal and external customers. Solving issues for both or escalating them if necessary. In the latter years job security became an issue with jobs being outsourced. managent overall was good with some minor issues. Co-worker were great from whom I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was meeting very strict deadlines. The best part of the job was actually meeting the deadlines with several days to spare.
A company with potential, but struggles to grasp it.
Accountant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIAugust 9, 2014
Overall QBE is a good company, however with the recent changes in management, and the constant acquisitions and reorganizations it is very hard to be optimistic when job security is low.

Appreciation for current employees is lacking, and instead is put on other countries where labor is cheaper.
Overall, I enjoyed working at QBE.
Senior Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 3, 2014
Pros: n/a.
Cons: n/a.
Overall, I enjoyed working at QBE. Professional manager's and good compensation package. QBE decided to out source the entire workers compensation claims management to Sedgwick.
Great working environment
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Simsbury, CTApril 16, 2014
this company is a great place to work, learning something new daily, manager is a great person both personally and professionally
excellent place to learn and develop your career
ETL Technical Lead (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2014
excellent place to learn and develop your career.
QBE America, which recently acquired Balboa Insurance group from Bank of America, is a leading company in the business of tracking and issuing policies on mortgage and auto loans. Insurance tracking system is an existing application for tracking the total coverage and all the policies on the loans of a lender. The main functionality of this application is to force place policies subject to conditions. Tracking happens right from the disbursement, throughout the life of the loan.
productive and fun working place
Data Migration Coordinator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2014
that was really enthusiastic working with that company.My co-workers were really good.I have learned too many new things from my co-workers.
contract employee
Talent Acquisition Partner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: concerning number of changes at exec levels
Ambitious company with poor timing for new market exploration
Had a great time
Program Management Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2013
Enjoyed my work in the Corporate Finance group.

Actively managed MS-project, Risks & Issues for multi-discipline program. Conducted weekly status meetings with Business Leads soliciting status and resolution of outstanding actions. Created and maintained processes for Project Office within SharePoint.

Managed lifecycle status of discretionary process improvement projects throughout Corporate Finance. Developed and managed all process documentation and performed project budget oversight. Communicated project progress to Corporate Finance stakeholders. Performed relationship management and communications with business user, IT management and staff to ensure project portfolio was accurate and current.

Created / Enhanced / Maintained Dashboard for tracking and monitoring Discretionary projects.
The people are great.
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: they are off shoring many functions
The people are great. Collaborative and flexible work environment. The benefits are good.
A good place to work
VP Insurance Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2013
Overall, a good place to work. However, QBE is still defining its insurance position in the market.