QBE North America Employee Reviews

Flexible and work life balance
Medical Payments/PIP Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
I appreciate QBE and my work environment. The managers make it very approachable to work with. They have an open door policy. It is a great place to work for.
Pros
Great benefits
Busy and tunnel vision work environment
Executive Assistant (Finance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
For the most part a culture hasn't really been established. Everyone is stuck in their work and its hard to meet people. I enjoy working with my immediate team in finance. Management could be better but it is very fast paced at times.
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
My manager was horrible, but there are some really wonderful people here. I'll really miss the organization and what it stands for. Other managers push for career growth of their workers, but my manager lacked the intelligence and skills to do so.
challenging experience
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2017
Exciting to work on merging platforms and applications from different companies; It was underestimated by Corporate the time these challenges would take and the outcome was to terminate the overall project plan of getting to one platform., thus development was ground to a halt and BA's like myself were laid-off
Flexible work enviroment.
Regional Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
Improving relationships and coordinate with 7 countries to implement and uphold the company risk framework.
I learned to work with different cultures across Latam and Asia Pacific.
The culture is flexible and open minded
The hardest part is the enforcement of policies and that in Latam risk is viewed as something bad instead of an opportunity to improve and mitigate.
The most enjoyable part is working with people from everywhere and to learn from them.
Pros
Close from home
Cons
Poor communication
a good place to work before the office closed
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
General Casualty was a small regional insurance company before it was purchased by QBE, an Australian company. It was difficult to transition from a smaller company to a large, foreign corporation.
Pros
pleasant work environment and nice co-workers
Cons
came micromanagers
All good things must come to an end
Senior Loss Draft (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2017
My position required minimal supervision and the pressure or stress level was very minimal. I LOVED my position and the early bird shift but unfortunately the company was consolidating departments and I was laid off. I have not been able to look for another job that will pay me the same and provide me the same hours as I previously had with QBE.
Pros
The pay and hours I had from 5:00am - 1:30pm
Cons
Our dept was consolidated and we were laid off
Outlook of QBE North America
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 28, 2017
QBE is a wonderful environment to work in. Qbe is a company that allows growth and success.

I valued my time at Qbe leaning the growing trade of Computer support to be able to help others when their devices act up to maintain a quick and reliable trade to those who depend on qbe for their insurance benefits.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with, clean and maintained environment. New and updated equipment every few years when able.
Cons
General update memos to support group.
Heavy workloads.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 6, 2017
Company undergoing transition after acquiring and then selling large business segment. Emphasis on outsourcing functions overseas. Company is under-staffed.
Company is chaotic
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2017
QBE does not respect and value its long term employees. Laid off lots of outstanding employees and outsourced jobs to the Philippines. They saved tons of money for moving 700 jobs to Manila for cheaper pay. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Good opportunity
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
Nice work environment. Friendly coworkers and supervisors. Overall was a great place to work. Great management and a fun atmosphere. Had great co-workers with lots of teamwork.
Great people to work with.
Corporate Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 4, 2017
Great people to work with and salary is good. Workplace culture is good. Upper management is poor. Loved my job and people but upper management is poor.
Company that has gone through a great deal of change, but is now in a much better place.
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
QBE North America has gone through a great deal of change and restructuring, but has soared past all this to now be a solid workplace. There still remains some transition in certain segments of the Company, but overall, the issues have passed. The North American segment is prime for growth with good leadership and has good potential for incurring more market share.
Pros
Solid work environment, supportive workplace culture.
Cons
Still transitioning in certain segments of the business.
no longer in United States
Senior Insurance Integrity Representative (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJanuary 13, 2017
company moved to Australia. Closed its offices here. It was a good place to work at the time. I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with. I worked in the Cash Management Department, there were a lot of perks. If you need time off they gave it to you.
Hard working and productive workplace with helpful coworkers
Enterprise Risk Management - Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Extremely hard working and motivated group of employees working to limit risks within all aspects of business. Ideas and recommendations are always welcome. There is an "open door policy" so if help is ever needed someone will be there to answer the question.
Fantastic Work Environment, Management Truly Cares
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Fantastic work environment filled with management that has everyone's best interest at heart. Too many benefits to list. Truly an excellent work experience.
Pros
Excellent resources
Cons
Not a pleasant company to work for
CUSOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2016
No room for advancement. Micromanaged beyond acceptable limits. Too much time spent on webinars that were not pertinent to job function.
The people in the Simsbury office are the best co-workers
Underwriting Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTSeptember 19, 2016
Every one including the managers treated you like family best place ever loved it but unfortunately my position was outsource,
Pros
Company panic and occasionally a day trip to some place fun.
Cons
Sorry i could not stay there until i retired
Great company to work for job security
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Great place to be if you like feeling secure with your job position, 40 hour week days. There is not much expected as an employee (it can be good/ or bad depending on your preferences).
Pros
No micromanagement, 8 hour work days
Cons
Na
Sr. Developer/Technical Architect
Sr. Developer/Architect (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAMay 8, 2016
Working mainly on insurance products like Lender Placed, Loss drafts. My role was boarding clients into our existing systems as per the client guideline. Creating process flow, mapping, business process/rules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9