QBE North America Employee Reviews

no longer in United States
Senior Insurance Integrity Representative (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJanuary 13, 2017
company moved to Australia. Closed its offices here. It was a good place to work at the time. I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with. I worked in the Cash Management Department, there were a lot of perks. If you need time off they gave it to you.
Hard working and productive workplace with helpful coworkers
Enterprise Risk Management - Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Extremely hard working and motivated group of employees working to limit risks within all aspects of business. Ideas and recommendations are always welcome. There is an "open door policy" so if help is ever needed someone will be there to answer the question.
Fantastic Work Environment, Management Truly Cares
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Fantastic work environment filled with management that has everyone's best interest at heart. Too many benefits to list. Truly an excellent work experience.
Pros
Excellent resources
Cons
Not a pleasant company to work for
CUSOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2016
No room for advancement. Micromanaged beyond acceptable limits. Too much time spent on webinars that were not pertinent to job function.
The people in the Simsbury office are the best co-workers
Underwriting Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTSeptember 19, 2016
Every one including the managers treated you like family best place ever loved it but unfortunately my position was outsource,
Pros
Company panic and occasionally a day trip to some place fun.
Cons
Sorry i could not stay there until i retired
Great company to work for job security
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Great place to be if you like feeling secure with your job position, 40 hour week days. There is not much expected as an employee (it can be good/ or bad depending on your preferences).
Pros
No micromanagement, 8 hour work days
Cons
NA
Sr. Developer/Technical Architect
Sr. Developer/Architect (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAMay 8, 2016
Working mainly on insurance products like Lender Placed, Loss drafts. My role was boarding clients into our existing systems as per the client guideline. Creating process flow, mapping, business process/rules.
Productive and Fun Place
Underwriting Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTApril 25, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, very nice co-workers couldn't ask for a much better place to work, it was just a great place to work don't think I will ever find another place like that unfortunately my position was out source.
Pros
Got thank you points for doing a good job
Cons
Great work environment but high paced and demanding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMarch 7, 2016
The supervisors are great and eager to help but the constant nonstop pace of the calls can get extremely tiresome. The work/life balance leaves much to be desired as all vacation days need to be approved of first, sick days can be detrimental to your future time off if not reported in the proper way, there's more than enough mandatory OT, and the shift times aren't flexible at all.

The pay is good though and fellow coworkers try to keep the work environment as lighthearted as possible.
Productive and fast paced company to work for
Executive Assistant to CFO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Long days due to daily Global alignment.
People work to the bone, and every second is accounted for. Great place to really roll up your sleeves and work in exciting projects.
Pros
Great place to learn and become a beast in the industry
Cons
poor work/life balance

Want to know more about QBE North America?

Ask a question
relaxed atmosphere
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 24, 2016
Work from home position, great co-workers, supervisor and manager. Must learn to balance daily duties. Not a lot of social interaction. Hardest part is never meeting who you work with. Most enjoyable is being home and saving money.
Pros
save $ working from home
Cons
not a lot of social interaction, can't attend company functions
Stressful place to work
Personal Lines Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Company is taking American jobs overseas to the Philippines.
Lots of US jobs have already been lost & will continue to be at least thru 2017.
Management doesn't have a clue about how the "worker bees" really feel about their jobs and company.
Stressful place to work with much multi-tasking.
No recognition for a job well done (except for favorites).
Management doesn't make individual person be accountable for their workload.
Profits over people
Senior Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
I worked at QBE North America full-time (More than 10 years) and spent the last 6 months there training my replacement who was located in India.
Pros
Flexible, pay was decent, and pto was good
Cons
Moving all the work overseas, Bad upper management
Great Place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNNovember 27, 2015
Great place to work, help is readily available when you have questions. you also have the ability to work around your schedule as long as you are taking care of insureds
Pros
Flexible schedule
my summary
Small Business Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 17, 2015
I worked with minimum supervision as I knew what I needed to do
each and every day, Management was good and if assistance was
needed I could always reach out to them for assistance.

my co-workers were great team players we would reach out to each other if we needed assistance you were recognized by your co-workers if you did a great job or did something beyond your normal
job duties.

What I loved about my job was being able to assist our customers
(agents) with any issue they might have to an account they were working on if I did not know the answer right away I would advise them I would call them back as soon as I had a solid answer for them.
Good place to work and good to their employees
Senior Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PANovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time with QBE but they over reached in growth and became unable to sustain their full workforce. Even when they reduced staff they took care of those that were released.
Pros
Great 401k and severance
Cons
Mass layoffs
Nice working environment with good people
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2015
My day was spent answering calls from agents. Working on the company's ImageRight system and rating system. Setting up new business policies for my underwriters. Sending to processing, amendment request within my authority. Keeping renewals within the company's standards. Ordered inspection reports, specific rates and many other reports that underwriter needed.
Local management for some time was outstanding. Managers were awesome and always there to help.
My co-workers were wonderful and made coming to work a pleasure each day.
The hardest part of my job was not having people in management that could answer questions about problems that may arise.
I very much enjoyed my agents and all of my co-workers.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
System issues
Wonderful enviornment
Insurance Ops Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 8, 2015
I really enjoyed this job they made coming to work very easy. The overtime did get to be a challenge some days but I can't complain. I worked through a temp agency and they treated me as if I was part of the tenured staff. Unfortunately once the Lender Services dept which I worked here in Arizona got sold I lost my job. I would recommend this employer to others
Fantastic Company, in a time of transition
Sr. Claims Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  remoteAugust 31, 2015
Loved working for QBE, fantastic management on the Claims Compliance Team. I managed several audits and risks identified as a result of those audits. Co-workers were very informative & supportive on the various projects. The hardest part of the job was obtaining meeting time on calendars and nailing down decisions due to the transitions that were taking place. My favorite part of my job was managing the newsletter that went out to 800 staff members.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
In a time of tremendous transition over the next few years.
I enjoyed my job at QBE and would recommend it to anyone.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlan IAAugust 12, 2015
On any given day I would update homeowners policies, take payments by phone, prepare FedEx shipments, help licensed agent stay on the phone by sending faxes and picking up return faxes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9