QBE North America Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Personal Lines Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Company is taking American jobs overseas to the Philippines.
Lots of US jobs have already been lost & will continue to be at least thru 2017.
Management doesn't have a clue about how the "worker bees" really feel about their jobs and company.
Stressful place to work with much multi-tasking.
No recognition for a job well done (except for favorites).
Management doesn't make individual person be accountable for their workload.
Profits over people
Senior Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
I worked at QBE North America full-time (More than 10 years) and spent the last 6 months there training my replacement who was located in India.
Pros
Flexible, pay was decent, and pto was good
Cons
Moving all the work overseas, Bad upper management
Great Place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, MNNovember 27, 2015
Great place to work, help is readily available when you have questions. you also have the ability to work around your schedule as long as you are taking care of insureds
Pros
Flexible schedule
my summary
Small Business Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 17, 2015
I worked with minimum supervision as I knew what I needed to do
each and every day, Management was good and if assistance was
needed I could always reach out to them for assistance.

my co-workers were great team players we would reach out to each other if we needed assistance you were recognized by your co-workers if you did a great job or did something beyond your normal
job duties.

What I loved about my job was being able to assist our customers
(agents) with any issue they might have to an account they were working on if I did not know the answer right away I would advise them I would call them back as soon as I had a solid answer for them.
Good place to work and good to their employees
Senior Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PANovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time with QBE but they over reached in growth and became unable to sustain their full workforce. Even when they reduced staff they took care of those that were released.
Pros
Great 401k and severance
Cons
Mass layoffs
Nice working environment with good people
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2015
My day was spent answering calls from agents. Working on the company's ImageRight system and rating system. Setting up new business policies for my underwriters. Sending to processing, amendment request within my authority. Keeping renewals within the company's standards. Ordered inspection reports, specific rates and many other reports that underwriter needed.
Local management for some time was outstanding. Managers were awesome and always there to help.
My co-workers were wonderful and made coming to work a pleasure each day.
The hardest part of my job was not having people in management that could answer questions about problems that may arise.
I very much enjoyed my agents and all of my co-workers.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
System issues
Wonderful enviornment
Insurance Ops Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 8, 2015
I really enjoyed this job they made coming to work very easy. The overtime did get to be a challenge some days but I can't complain. I worked through a temp agency and they treated me as if I was part of the tenured staff. Unfortunately once the Lender Services dept which I worked here in Arizona got sold I lost my job. I would recommend this employer to others
Fantastic Company, in a time of transition
Sr. Claims Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  remoteAugust 31, 2015
Loved working for QBE, fantastic management on the Claims Compliance Team. I managed several audits and risks identified as a result of those audits. Co-workers were very informative & supportive on the various projects. The hardest part of the job was obtaining meeting time on calendars and nailing down decisions due to the transitions that were taking place. My favorite part of my job was managing the newsletter that went out to 800 staff members.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
In a time of tremendous transition over the next few years.
I enjoyed my job at QBE and would recommend it to anyone.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlan IAAugust 12, 2015
On any given day I would update homeowners policies, take payments by phone, prepare FedEx shipments, help licensed agent stay on the phone by sending faxes and picking up return faxes.
Company with good people having difficulties at present
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2015
Standards and Practices were not attainable. Many changes, Company grew too fast, IT department too small to cover the work necessary to make fluid and lasting changes. In process of downsizing, should become stable. Good outlook if market is favorable.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of structure
Great Company
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  fort worth texasJuly 8, 2015
Great Company, Loved the office. Good Pay, Co-workers are awesome. Set schedule. Flexible management. Reasonable lunch times and breaks.
Good compensation, bad environment
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 27, 2015
The company's decision to outsource/offshore so much of its staff, has turned the environment into a den of confusion. Four unsuccessful re-orgs, and three seperate waves of outsourcing in my four years there. Most days are spent figuring out who you are supposed to talk to about to accomplish what you are supposed to. This lead to a lot of bittersweet conversations with coworkers.

That said, my co-workers were one of the main reasons I stayed through such difficult times. I also never had any issues with my direct manager, and middle management overall doesn't seemed pretty good.
QBE is full of confusion
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2015
when QBE took over ZC Sterling, they laid off most if not all of the top talent. Job cuts were not based on merit or seniority but by job titles and possibly coin flips. as a result the work place was poorly managed, very stressful, and inefficient.
Pros
good compensation and hours
Cons
poor management and high stress
Productive and a friendly workplace
IT Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
QBE is a very friendly workplace. We are do have a happy hour once a month. In the IT department, we do help each other like in the Hurricane Sandy.
Pros
Happy Hour, Co-workers are nice
Excellent Company to work for.
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 7, 2015
My typical day was sorting and complying mail to be sent out and sending it with proper postage. I learned how to manage accounts for different types of mail. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my day was not knowing the work load or the amount of staff on hand. I mostly enjoyed working in the fast pass environment.
Pros
Great benfits
Cons
Job security
good
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 17, 2015
good environment , good people to work with.
Gained Quality Assurance experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including test planning, testing, defect tracking and reporting
Productive, collaborative and fast pace place to work
Senior Processor Technician (Current Employee) –  Simsbury CTMarch 14, 2015
Working at QBE Americas is a great learning and growth experience. The typical day starts at 7am checking emails, work to do list and work to finish previous day and ends 3:15pm.
The processing of policies for new business, renewals and endorsements are done on a production basis.

On a continual daily basis there is interaction with management and underwriters per email or in person if possible and is expected.

My co-workers and I work cohesively and collaborative with daily policy changes and challenges that arise.

I am fortunate to be able to solve the complex issues with the input of my co-workers and management in the most productive time.
Pros
7, 50 hour day
Not technically aware
Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, wiFebruary 16, 2015
Though functional as a team little coordination. Staff left project manger listening to crickets when he asked a question about the status of an on going problem in fact they exited the teleconference.
I had resolved my issue and received approval to close out with the root cause and problem resolution.
Great Company to work for with high regard for job work/life balance
Senior Claims Specialist-Casualty (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Training and Expectations are generous allowing for high success rate and advance
Pros
telecommute
Fast pace, high volume work load, interaction with all departments, Strong team work ethics
FSD Cash Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Qbe North America is a fast pace growing, evolving company. The staff is stong hard working. Managagemet team has a open door policy for when you need. Through the years due to a strong work ethic I was able to learn many jobs and become a efficent Cash Managemnt, Account receivable/payable collections accountant.
Pros
great coworkers, team work, opportunity
Cons
loss of jobs do to outsorcing over seas