QBE The Americas Employee Reviews

No longer open
Senior Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2017
This company is no longer open in the state of Indiana, moved alot of business over seas. I worked at home for 2 years, until company decided not to allow work at home full time.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Health insurance
Great Insurance Company
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Wall Street, NYJuly 31, 2017
Easy going environment. Attended tasks in a timely manner. Learned from my superiors. Good communication with in house associates and outside clients. Enjoyed balancing accounts. Hardest part was seeing my department move to another state.
QBE has high manager turn over rate and has outsourced many departments
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 16, 2017
General Casualty was a wonderful company to work for. After QBE took over, unfortunately the environment became chaotic. I would not recommend anybody to apply at this company.
Hard working environment with cool bosses
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work involved making coffee, answering incoming calls, data entry, filing, and faxing. I learned a lot about property and worker comp claims and how they go about paying those claims. The management was very friendly and often times invited us out for lunch during the week. The office was very small but everyone got along really well and worked together when certain projects needed to be done in a timely manner.
Good company to work for
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 10, 2015
Good company to work for; however as they began to downsize, was full of uncertainty wondering when I'd be next.
A lot of people, especially good people were let go off which dropped morale tremendously
Financial position
Accountant (Former Employee) –  88 Pine Street, New York, New York 10005October 15, 2014
Very friendly environment. Had to interact with outside customers and co-workers to ensured all payments went out on a timely manner. The management team were superb. The hardest part of the job was when the system broke down and we couldn't submit the insures payments. The most enjoyable part was coming to work, and keeping myself busy with the daily tasks.
Pros
Employee Incentives
Enjoyable company to work for.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 31, 2014
QBE The Americas acquired General Casualty 5 years prior to me losing my job due to staff reduction and realignment of staff. There had been a total of 5 staff reductions over the 5 year period.

I enjoyed working for QBE/General Casualty and had the opportunity to advance within the company throughout the 35 years I was employed with them.

The last year I was with the company I worked 3 days a week from home (remote). Which I enjoyed very much.

I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and we became very close. We did and still do get together outside the office for birthdays and special occasions.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job was seeing my past co-workers lose their jobs after they had been with the company for so many years. Also, as staff was reduced the work load of course became more. It was a challenge to be able to accomplish the daily tasks with out working 10 to 12 hour days.
Company bit off more than it could chew
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie WIJune 28, 2014
Senior management was not quick enough to realize that there is more to merging companies than just purchasing them. They failed to update their systems. Some legacy systems needed replacement long ago but they took too long deciding what to do about it. The idea of outsourcing all IT will cause major problems, They then outsourced all of IT, thereby throwing away the years of knowledge of how legacy systems integrate.
Pros
Compensation was good
Cons
Management unwilling or unable to take necessary to merge two large firms into one.
A financial based company that has a goal to expand their basis.
Loss Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 16, 2014
Contact insureds within my territory. Conduct loss control surveys and service visits at facilities that included employees work spaces, safety programs and workers compensation injuries. Identify and assist insureds with updating or formalizing their safety programs. Provide necessary material, website information and training.

I learned many things related to multiple industries my insureds worked in. That included construction, food, manufactoring, retail, properties, trucking and

I worked independently with monthly conference calls with team and manager. Co-workers were available via email or by phone. Great group of individuals who had a wealth of knowledge.

Hardest part of the job was to complete both the service work and surveys which can be difficult to schedule and complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to work with insureds and help them. Being a resource was very rewarding.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Large territory
Hands keep changing
Claims Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTJuly 23, 2013
I have been with QBE for 13 years and am truly grateful for each opportunity. I have worked harder and smarter son that I could advance. I have been privileged to work with some wonderful professionals. Each have had a special talent they shared which has allowed me to also work to cultivate those same traits.

I love Worker's Compensation even after working in this specialty field for more than 18 years. As an auditor I am responsible for identifying area of concern in regards to the claims handling procedures, measure leakage and analyze those results. Once I identified I describe those areas of concern so that our Handlers are better educated and trained to process claims more efficiently and with the highest standards of quality.
Pros
minimal supervision, working environment, flexibility
Cons
Management influx
Challenging place to learn and stay focused with several major operational changes ongoing
Property Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 15, 2013
Collect and analyze data and compile the data into spreadsheets to determine if our property book of business is getting the proper rate per risk.

Management is pretty hands-off with my manager and counterpart working in two separate states.

The hardest part of the job is getting multiple departments to work together to collect data and get it compiled and ready to present to the executive management team with recommendations on increases or decreases to our property rates to maintain a profitable book of business for the company and our shareholders.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work from home or in the office.
Pros
On-site cafateria, flexible work schedule
Cons
Long hours, limited training & resources available with heavy turnaround
The most enjoyable part of the job
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 21, 2013
Is the ability to always keep busy. The smiling faces, and happy people
Pros
bagel wednesday
Cons
Downsizing
Very family oriented
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlan, IAFebruary 19, 2013
I worked with a group of licensed Life/Health insurance agents selling Medicare Supplement to individuals aging into Medicare.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job stability
The co-workers where fun
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Provide Underwriting support to the Underwriting Team! Ordering of loss control surveys & tracking receive date of the policy verification surveys(pre-audits). Providing experience rating worksheets to the Underwriting Team & Brokers. Provided loss runs resuts to the Insured or Broker of record.
Pros
manage time well
Cons
no advancement