QBE

QBE Employer Reviews

QBE
Office Assistant Claim Support Representative (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIMarch 5, 2015
QBE is a pleasent place to work, lots of supportive co workers and team work, Most of the employees are contract but overall a nice company to work with
Customer Service Licensed Agent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Harlan, IowaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked here for 11 years and much has changed. I am seeking a new job as the company will no longer work with my schedule and I have just recently found out they are closing the Iowa office.
they are trying to be specialized
Catastrophe Claims Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: fear
they lead by fear and try to be transparent, but do not do a good job. The people I work with are good, but upper management don't care about the employees.
Global Company
Accounts Receivables/Credits/Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Loved the job. Was able to explore my creativity and experiences.
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability
BSA (Current Employee), IrvineJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: most holidays off
Cons: layoffs
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability combined with trust issues between leadership and workers. Recent changes to IT management have created issues and company wide concerns. These changes have created issues for current growth across the company.
Busy
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 27, 2014
• Motivate, develop and direct people as they work; evaluate performance to provide feedback and contribute to personnel decisions.
• Organize people, tasks and activities to yield efficient work flow
• Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal
• Manage multiple projects or responsibilities concurrently and effectively
• Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups to settle differences with minimum noise
• Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with internal and external contacts; understand customer needs and goals and actively look for ways to meet them
• Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement.
• Facilitate discussions and manage and resolve conflict to reconcile differences among others and between self and others.
• Utilize strong written and oral communications; communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency; consult and recommended changes and strategies to leaders.
• Effectively present thoughts to key stakeholders to influence adoption of innovative recommendations
• Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
• Maintain composure by responding calmly, quickly, professionally and decisively to the unpredictable or unexpected
Change
Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Learned many skills that I will carry throughout the rest of my career wherever that mad lead. Management is disorganized at times. The company is going through a large turn over. Co-workers are all hard working and genuine people.
Caring workplace
Loss Drafts Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 3, 2014
Close leadership team, always willing to help eachother. Whenever you need a duty covered someone is always willing to step up and help even if they are already busy with their own work
good
Project Lead (Current Employee), Irvine, SCTNovember 1, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
good place to work
Senior Tax Services Representative (Current Employee), atlanta, georgiaJune 17, 2014
great place to work enjoyed working with my teammates on a daily basis.
It were a good placed to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 16, 2014
The company have change hands so many times, A typical day was taking care of my team with all work related questions, Management no comunication lake of skills, coworkers are split, The hardest part of the job is lack of leadersip skills
Productive work place
Insurance Tracking Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2014
It was steady and productive workplace. Communication caused a few problems.
Excellent Place to Work!
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh,NCMay 22, 2014
Pros: exciting culture
Cons: wish i would have started sooner
Great management! I love working in a fast paced environment that I can use my customer service skills in a professional manner.
Great place to work with great people
Applications Developer (Former Employee), TelecommuteMay 19, 2014
Balboa was bought out by the Australian company QBE. The company was much better to work for when it was smaller.
A good place to work
Architect / Team Lead / Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2014
Pros: work life balabnce
Cons: outsource decision
It is a good company to work for. Unfortunately they have decided to outsource many IT jobs.
They are going through a difficult time in the US.
Vice President, Casualty Claims (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 10, 2014
Need to fix the foundation and decide what type of footprint they want to have here.
This is a great place to work.
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee), Township of Moon, PAApril 5, 2014
Pros: good salary, vacation time and benefits.
A Typical day at work is working with Homeowners insurance. Updating new policies cancelling and reinstating policies. Calling carriers and Agents to find out the correct information for the Homeowners insurance. The hardest part of the job is people and the most enjoyable part of the job is people.
Bank was very procedural environment
Senior Developer/Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 24, 2014
Very well managed, but it was purchased by Washington Mutual, and they layoff all IT.
A day in the life at QBE
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2014
My days at QBE were never "typical." There was always something new, exciting and there was always the ever present notion to put out a fire or 3 within the week. I learned a great deal from my experiences within the QBE walls, ranging from gaining knowledge in Management, Leadership, Technical skills, Networking, Business Acumen, Sales & Marketing, Training, Public Speaking, Hazard Insurance & Taxes, Human Resources & Compliance to name a few. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my workload to try fulfill the needs of my manager, peers, team, indirect reports, internal/external clients as well as the needs of my own. I wasn't always successful with this but I gave it a valiant effort each day. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing all I could to help my customers and company. Whether I or my team was rewarded with a bonus, raise, award, compliment or simply a smile, I deemed our efforts a success. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at QBE and I plan to utilize it's teachings throughout the rest of my years.
Laid Back and Fun People
Flood Insurance Servicing Rep (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: culture, people, little stress
Cons: unstable industry
Servicing loans for Bank of America in the flood department. Obtaining renewal information for condominiums and single-family dwellings. Making phone calls to carriers and agents when necessary. The managers and co-workers are very nice and everyone gets along well.

About QBE

QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance – Read more

QBE Salaries