QBE Employee Reviews

QBE was a good company. Training was not part of the plan.
Senior Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 13, 2016
QBE could have been a great company, but they lacked the willingness to train employees for their assigned jobs. Managers threw team members into jobs they were not trained for and let employees figure it out on their own without direction. My co-workers were great but it did not overcome lack of direction.
Pros
Co-workers were great, pay and benefits were good
Cons
No training, no direction. Employees felt lost at times
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 24, 2016
Good place to work, unfortunately the Morrisville office has closed so you will have to relocate. Great benefits, management overall is ok and morale is decent.
Pros
Great Benefits, Several locations
Cons
Layoffs, Site closings, No room for advancement
Advancement was great
Data Entry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PASeptember 22, 2016
I assigned work to associates for our daily work that had to be completed. Ran reports to keep track of work flow. Was part of a team that created the first manual that is being used by the offshore company.
Pros
Points for perfect attendance and perfect work
Cons
Not much advancement before everyone lost their jobs
To much uncertainty , company in cost reduction phase.
Large Loss Commercial Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 23, 2017
To much uncertainty , company in cost reduction phase.
Company layoffs abundant, little or no opportunity, looking to make a change. January 1, 2017, mover to exempt status in cost cutting measure.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
Consultant Run, Shifting work overseas
Consultant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Consultant Run, Shifting work overseas, Seems they are shutting down NY operations.

I thought I would have a long term potential but it was not
Used to be a great company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2015
This company used to value its employees, then they started taking things away, raises, ThankQ Points (Incentive awards), Overtime, even though there was plenty of money. Then they started the lay-offs. The location I was at laid off the wrong people, left people in charge that were not the best fit for the department or company just to save money. There is no room for growth anymore, do not go in expecting that you will make it to the next level.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
management is not great, no room for advancement or growth
Fast pace/ productive environment
Loss Drafts Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work includes running reports, processing insurance claims, reviewing time sheets for each employee, verifying documents before scanning them into the system, and accounting for all live checks. I have gained much knowledge for the business in handling escalated situations, processing claims for borrowers, and understanding the importance of quality and productivity. The hardest part of the job is having to record the errors received daily by my co-workers, which requires additional coaching. There is some area of improvement for management, especially having to approach them with questions. What I have gained from management is constructive criticism and how to evolve as a person. It is very enjoyable working with all of my co- workers, as we all have been through difficult times. There is a lot of respect within our department, and everyone is able to talk about issues.
Pros
QBE has great culture
Cons
Job security
A day in the life at QBE
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2014
My days at QBE were never "typical." There was always something new, exciting and there was always the ever present notion to put out a fire or 3 within the week. I learned a great deal from my experiences within the QBE walls, ranging from gaining knowledge in Management, Leadership, Technical skills, Networking, Business Acumen, Sales & Marketing, Training, Public Speaking, Hazard Insurance & Taxes, Human Resources & Compliance to name a few. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my workload to try fulfill the needs of my manager, peers, team, indirect reports, internal/external clients as well as the needs of my own. I wasn't always successful with this but I gave it a valiant effort each day. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing all I could to help my customers and company. Whether I or my team was rewarded with a bonus, raise, award, compliment or simply a smile, I deemed our efforts a success. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at QBE and I plan to utilize it's teachings throughout the rest of my years.
Awesome Company
Service Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2016
I have never had an issue with my pay or benefits. We are like a family. I would recommend this company to anyone in the IT field.
Team, can do attitude, customer focused, results drive environment
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2015
QBE is a team driven environment and respects the ideas and input of it's employees. QBE encourages teamwork to reach the best results for the business as well as for the customers. Management is very open and affirming when it comes to employee professional development. QBE had a budget for each department that would pay for job specific certifications and allowed employees to attend off site training in order to network with employees from other companies.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Fast Paced
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Arizona, USAAugust 1, 2015
Working for QBE, I was working with mortgages paid through the company. I was hired on a temporary basis and during the first week of the two weeks training, myself and another of my fellow trainees were pulled out of the class to move to another area because we were exceeding their expectations. We were taught how to do several jobs and was moved around to different accounts and projects, depending on their need. Management was well in formed, though they did tend to assign a new task without telling us how to work them, but I was able to work them out and do my job.
Great Supervisor
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 8, 2016
Great Hours. I liked that my hours were Monday thru Friday 7-3:30 that was perfect for me as I am a single mother so I cannot work nights or weekends.
Change
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Learned many skills that I will carry throughout the rest of my career wherever that mad lead. Management is disorganized at times. The company is going through a large turn over. Co-workers are all hard working and genuine people.
Production, production, and production
CASH SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work - very busy; tedious; steady production

What you learned - how to process insurance claims for homeowners

Management - micro-managing

Your co-workers - very supportive, friendly, compassionate, and
genuine

The hardest part of the job - the micro-managing all the time no
no matter what

The most enjoyable part of the job - meeting production numbers
Pros
incentives, bonuses, covered parking, great cafeteria, and a gym to workout
Cons
Micro-managing, nonflexible schedule, not enough business for the company, no overtime to work, a lot of technial issues with the companies citrix program/software
There is no job security; 23% of our department was just let go in the last year
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
This started as a small company that was great to work for but has been absorbed by the huge company of QBE and now we are not sure from day to day if we will have our jobs. Our friends and fellow employees are disappearing around us from being let go and the Atlanta location has virtually no one left in the office with 5 floors of empty office space.
Pros
bonuses, PTO
Cons
no job security, at Atlanta location, no chance of advancement in Product dept
Excellent Place to Work!
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh,NCMay 22, 2014
Great management! I love working in a fast paced environment that I can use my customer service skills in a professional manner.
Pros
exciting culture
Cons
wish i would have started sooner
Fun, fast paced, technical work.
Business Procedures Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FloridaJuly 2, 2015
Due to the economy, the Jacksonville office was closed and I lost my job. I would have loved to continue my career with this company
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
I found no cons except for the fact that I lost my job
This is a great place to work.
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAApril 5, 2014
A Typical day at work is working with Homeowners insurance. Updating new policies cancelling and reinstating policies. Calling carriers and Agents to find out the correct information for the Homeowners insurance. The hardest part of the job is people and the most enjoyable part of the job is people.
Pros
good salary, vacation time and benefits.
Insurance Tracking Operations and Customer Care
Insurance Servicing Manager - Support Services (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2013
QBE is a dynamic and challenging company with many opportunities. I love my job and enjoy working with my teams and with the management staff.
Pros
QBE is a company that strives for excellence.
Cons
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability
BSA (Current Employee) –  IrvineJanuary 8, 2015
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability combined with trust issues between leadership and workers. Recent changes to IT management have created issues and company wide concerns. These changes have created issues for current growth across the company.
Pros
Most holidays off
Cons
Layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE. Our community is ready to answer.