QBE Employee Reviews in United States

Used to be a great company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2015
This company used to value its employees, then they started taking things away, raises, ThankQ Points (Incentive awards), Overtime, even though there was plenty of money. Then they started the lay-offs. The location I was at laid off the wrong people, left people in charge that were not the best fit for the department or company just to save money. There is no room for growth anymore, do not go in expecting that you will make it to the next level.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
management is not great, no room for advancement or growth
A day in the life at QBE
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2014
My days at QBE were never "typical." There was always something new, exciting and there was always the ever present notion to put out a fire or 3 within the week. I learned a great deal from my experiences within the QBE walls, ranging from gaining knowledge in Management, Leadership, Technical skills, Networking, Business Acumen, Sales & Marketing, Training, Public Speaking, Hazard Insurance & Taxes, Human Resources & Compliance to name a few. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my workload to try fulfill the needs of my manager, peers, team, indirect reports, internal/external clients as well as the needs of my own. I wasn't always successful with this but I gave it a valiant effort each day. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing all I could to help my customers and company. Whether I or my team was rewarded with a bonus, raise, award, compliment or simply a smile, I deemed our efforts a success. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at QBE and I plan to utilize it's teachings throughout the rest of my years.
Awesome Company
Service Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2016
I have never had an issue with my pay or benefits. We are like a family. I would recommend this company to anyone in the IT field.
Great Supervisor
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 8, 2016
Great Hours. I liked that my hours were Monday thru Friday 7-3:30 that was perfect for me as I am a single mother so I cannot work nights or weekends.
Team, can do attitude, customer focused, results drive environment
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2015
QBE is a team driven environment and respects the ideas and input of it's employees. QBE encourages teamwork to reach the best results for the business as well as for the customers. Management is very open and affirming when it comes to employee professional development. QBE had a budget for each department that would pay for job specific certifications and allowed employees to attend off site training in order to network with employees from other companies.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Changing
Senior Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
QBE/North Pointe, worked over 1 years, loved the co-workers very friendly and knowledgeable, learned underwriting, product development.
Agents were great to work with, great benefits and some benefits the company paid for.
Fast Paced
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Arizona, USAAugust 1, 2015
Working for QBE, I was working with mortgages paid through the company. I was hired on a temporary basis and during the first week of the two weeks training, myself and another of my fellow trainees were pulled out of the class to move to another area because we were exceeding their expectations. We were taught how to do several jobs and was moved around to different accounts and projects, depending on their need. Management was well in formed, though they did tend to assign a new task without telling us how to work them, but I was able to work them out and do my job.
This is a great place to work.
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAApril 5, 2014
A Typical day at work is working with Homeowners insurance. Updating new policies cancelling and reinstating policies. Calling carriers and Agents to find out the correct information for the Homeowners insurance. The hardest part of the job is people and the most enjoyable part of the job is people.
Pros
good salary, vacation time and benefits.
After 8 years of loyalty
Rate & Form Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIOctober 22, 2013
Unfortunately the company is conducting mass layoffs and outsourcing a lot of positions fo the morale is not very good right now. After 8 years of loyalty to the compay my position is being cut due to "cost reduction".
Pros
heatlh, dental, vision and 401k benifits
Fast pace/ productive environment
Loss Drafts Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work includes running reports, processing insurance claims, reviewing time sheets for each employee, verifying documents before scanning them into the system, and accounting for all live checks. I have gained much knowledge for the business in handling escalated situations, processing claims for borrowers, and understanding the importance of quality and productivity. The hardest part of the job is having to record the errors received daily by my co-workers, which requires additional coaching. There is some area of improvement for management, especially having to approach them with questions. What I have gained from management is constructive criticism and how to evolve as a person. It is very enjoyable working with all of my co- workers, as we all have been through difficult times. There is a lot of respect within our department, and everyone is able to talk about issues.
Pros
qbe has great culture
Cons
job security
There is no job security; 23% of our department was just let go in the last year
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
This started as a small company that was great to work for but has been absorbed by the huge company of QBE and now we are not sure from day to day if we will have our jobs. Our friends and fellow employees are disappearing around us from being let go and the Atlanta location has virtually no one left in the office with 5 floors of empty office space.
Pros
bonuses, PTO
Cons
no job security, at Atlanta location, no chance of advancement in Product dept
Fun, fast paced, technical work.
Business Procedures Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FloridaJuly 2, 2015
Due to the economy, the Jacksonville office was closed and I lost my job. I would have loved to continue my career with this company
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
I found no cons except for the fact that I lost my job
somewhat of a good experience
Senior Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAJuly 23, 2015
I had been working this industry for multiple years. I have good and not so good memories. A lot of confusion when this company took over for BOFA. After 13 years my position was eliminated from the company and our office went from 200+ to less than 50.
Nice place to work.
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 29, 2013
Nice place to work. Good Benefits. Friendly work environment with good benefits.
Nice work enviroment.
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. Started with no experience and gained 15 years of experience in the mortgage field.

Enjoyed meeting and working with good people.
Work schedule was great
Business Procedures Analyst (Current Employee) –  Remote - Orange park, FlMay 13, 2015
I love working for this company, I love what I am doing, however, I am being laid off effective 5/29/2015.
The folks that I work with are all very busy but always had time to speak to me one on one if I had a question regarding their request.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get approvals on procedure change requests after someone left the company.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Company downsizing
The company is currently restructuring and outsourcing many functions resulting in many layoffs.
Sr Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 13, 2015
This review might be very different if the restructuring had been completed and the company had settled into its new "normal." At this time, layoffs are continuing. Previous layoffs have caused very high workloads in some circumstances.
It has been very good working with the people at QBE. There has been a good team spirit and focus on accomplishing the task as hand.
Production, production, and production
CASH SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work - very busy; tedious; steady production

What you learned - how to process insurance claims for homeowners

Management - micro-managing

Your co-workers - very supportive, friendly, compassionate, and
genuine

The hardest part of the job - the micro-managing all the time no
no matter what

The most enjoyable part of the job - meeting production numbers
Pros
incentives, bonuses, covered parking, great cafeteria, and a gym to workout
Cons
micro-managing, nonflexible schedule, not enough business for the company, no overtime to work, a lot of technial issues with the companies citrix program/software
Change
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Learned many skills that I will carry throughout the rest of my career wherever that mad lead. Management is disorganized at times. The company is going through a large turn over. Co-workers are all hard working and genuine people.
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability
BSA (Current Employee) –  IrvineJanuary 8, 2015
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability combined with trust issues between leadership and workers. Recent changes to IT management have created issues and company wide concerns. These changes have created issues for current growth across the company.
Pros
most holidays off
Cons
layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE. Our community is ready to answer.