QBE Employee Reviews

Co-workers are wonderful but the management has changed how they do business
Production Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 29, 2013
When property is damaged and the insurance pays out, I would ensure repairs are done properly to protect the lenders interest. I processed documents from the homeowner and issued funds as needed. If a document was incomplete, I would call the homeowner to advise how to correct it. Towards the end of my time there, I was transferred to a department that created letters in response to written correspondences from the homeowner. That was a new department and only selected employees were allowed to be on this team. This department was scrutinized by the lender and we were micro-managed. I work well under supervision and as part of a team. I like being held accountable for my day to ensure I am being productive. We were required to justify every minute of our day. Unfortunately, this is not an exaggeration, I spent 30 minutes of my day compiling a minute by minute report of what my day was like. At this point it stopped being enjoyable and feeling like a job, but it became more of a chore. I love working and being productive and feel like I would be an asset to any company. I just hope as I earn respect it is given to me. I had the respect of most of the management at this company, unfortunately not my immediate supervisor.
Pros
work out facility and in building cafe
Cons
being micromanaged
Busy
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 27, 2014
• Motivate, develop and direct people as they work; evaluate performance to provide feedback and contribute to personnel decisions.
• Organize people, tasks and activities to yield efficient work flow
• Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal
• Manage multiple projects or responsibilities concurrently and effectively
• Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups to settle differences with minimum noise
• Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with internal and external contacts; understand customer needs and goals and actively look for ways to meet them
• Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement.
• Facilitate discussions and manage and resolve conflict to reconcile differences among others and between self and others.
• Utilize strong written and oral communications; communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency; consult and recommended changes and strategies to leaders.
• Effectively present thoughts to key stakeholders to influence adoption of innovative recommendations
• Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
• Maintain composure by responding calmly, quickly, professionally and decisively to the unpredictable or unexpected
A day in the life at QBE
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2014
My days at QBE were never "typical." There was always something new, exciting and there was always the ever present notion to put out a fire or 3 within the week. I learned a great deal from my experiences within the QBE walls, ranging from gaining knowledge in Management, Leadership, Technical skills, Networking, Business Acumen, Sales & Marketing, Training, Public Speaking, Hazard Insurance & Taxes, Human Resources & Compliance to name a few. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my workload to try fulfill the needs of my manager, peers, team, indirect reports, internal/external clients as well as the needs of my own. I wasn't always successful with this but I gave it a valiant effort each day. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing all I could to help my customers and company. Whether I or my team was rewarded with a bonus, raise, award, compliment or simply a smile, I deemed our efforts a success. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at QBE and I plan to utilize it's teachings throughout the rest of my years.
Fast pace/ productive environment
Loss Drafts Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work includes running reports, processing insurance claims, reviewing time sheets for each employee, verifying documents before scanning them into the system, and accounting for all live checks. I have gained much knowledge for the business in handling escalated situations, processing claims for borrowers, and understanding the importance of quality and productivity. The hardest part of the job is having to record the errors received daily by my co-workers, which requires additional coaching. There is some area of improvement for management, especially having to approach them with questions. What I have gained from management is constructive criticism and how to evolve as a person. It is very enjoyable working with all of my co- workers, as we all have been through difficult times. There is a lot of respect within our department, and everyone is able to talk about issues.
Pros
qbe has great culture
Cons
job security
Fast Paced
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Arizona, USAAugust 1, 2015
Working for QBE, I was working with mortgages paid through the company. I was hired on a temporary basis and during the first week of the two weeks training, myself and another of my fellow trainees were pulled out of the class to move to another area because we were exceeding their expectations. We were taught how to do several jobs and was moved around to different accounts and projects, depending on their need. Management was well in formed, though they did tend to assign a new task without telling us how to work them, but I was able to work them out and do my job.
There is no job security; 23% of our department was just let go in the last year
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
This started as a small company that was great to work for but has been absorbed by the huge company of QBE and now we are not sure from day to day if we will have our jobs. Our friends and fellow employees are disappearing around us from being let go and the Atlanta location has virtually no one left in the office with 5 floors of empty office space.
Pros
bonuses, PTO
Cons
no job security, at Atlanta location, no chance of advancement in Product dept
Used to be a great company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2015
This company used to value its employees, then they started taking things away, raises, ThankQ Points (Incentive awards), Overtime, even though there was plenty of money. Then they started the lay-offs. The location I was at laid off the wrong people, left people in charge that were not the best fit for the department or company just to save money. There is no room for growth anymore, do not go in expecting that you will make it to the next level.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
management is not great, no room for advancement or growth
Production, production, and production
CASH SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work - very busy; tedious; steady production

What you learned - how to process insurance claims for homeowners

Management - micro-managing

Your co-workers - very supportive, friendly, compassionate, and
genuine

The hardest part of the job - the micro-managing all the time no
no matter what

The most enjoyable part of the job - meeting production numbers
Pros
incentives, bonuses, covered parking, great cafeteria, and a gym to workout
Cons
micro-managing, nonflexible schedule, not enough business for the company, no overtime to work, a lot of technial issues with the companies citrix program/software
A day at QBE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 22, 2012
A typical day at Qbe was busy. I would arrive at work around 6:30 and have everything ready to start at 7:00. I spent the first 2 yours answering the phone when a homeowner would call in to check on the status of their claim. During that time I also spent time processing paper work to make sure all documents that were needed were complete and correct. If not I would call out to the homeowner and the contractor to let them know.
Pros
hours
Cons
not much time away from the phone to take a break.
Work schedule was great
Business Procedures Analyst (Current Employee) –  Remote - Orange park, FlMay 13, 2015
I love working for this company, I love what I am doing, however, I am being laid off effective 5/29/2015.
The folks that I work with are all very busy but always had time to speak to me one on one if I had a question regarding their request.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get approvals on procedure change requests after someone left the company.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Company downsizing
The company is currently restructuring and outsourcing many functions resulting in many layoffs.
Sr Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 13, 2015
This review might be very different if the restructuring had been completed and the company had settled into its new "normal." At this time, layoffs are continuing. Previous layoffs have caused very high workloads in some circumstances.
It has been very good working with the people at QBE. There has been a good team spirit and focus on accomplishing the task as hand.
Laid Back and Fun People
Flood Insurance Servicing Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Servicing loans for Bank of America in the flood department. Obtaining renewal information for condominiums and single-family dwellings. Making phone calls to carriers and agents when necessary. The managers and co-workers are very nice and everyone gets along well.
Pros
culture, people, little stress
Cons
unstable industry
somewhat of a good experience
Senior Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAJuly 23, 2015
I had been working this industry for multiple years. I have good and not so good memories. A lot of confusion when this company took over for BOFA. After 13 years my position was eliminated from the company and our office went from 200+ to less than 50.
It were a good placed to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 16, 2014
The company have change hands so many times, A typical day was taking care of my team with all work related questions, Management no comunication lake of skills, coworkers are split, The hardest part of the job is lack of leadersip skills
This is a great place to work.
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAApril 5, 2014
A Typical day at work is working with Homeowners insurance. Updating new policies cancelling and reinstating policies. Calling carriers and Agents to find out the correct information for the Homeowners insurance. The hardest part of the job is people and the most enjoyable part of the job is people.
Pros
good salary, vacation time and benefits.
After 8 years of loyalty
Rate & Form Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIOctober 22, 2013
Unfortunately the company is conducting mass layoffs and outsourcing a lot of positions fo the morale is not very good right now. After 8 years of loyalty to the compay my position is being cut due to "cost reduction".
Pros
heatlh, dental, vision and 401k benifits
Customer Service Licensed Agent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Harlan, IowaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked here for 11 years and much has changed. I am seeking a new job as the company will no longer work with my schedule and I have just recently found out they are closing the Iowa office.
Fun, fast paced, technical work.
Business Procedures Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FloridaJuly 2, 2015
Due to the economy, the Jacksonville office was closed and I lost my job. I would have loved to continue my career with this company
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
I found no cons except for the fact that I lost my job
Change
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Learned many skills that I will carry throughout the rest of my career wherever that mad lead. Management is disorganized at times. The company is going through a large turn over. Co-workers are all hard working and genuine people.
Productive and fun work place
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 19, 2014
This is a great company but I am a temp.
Great management!
Like everything about my job, lots of computer work
Helping with customer service call center and that is challenging because I am definitely not a call center phone person