QBE

QBE Employee Reviews

Processor
Business Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIApril 29, 2015
They helped me become a processor and the in and outs of commercial insurance.

I received lots of training from great co-workers to help me become successful in processing.
There is no job security; 23% of our department was just let go in the last year
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: bonuses, PTO
Cons: no job security, at Atlanta location, no chance of advancement in Product dept
This started as a small company that was great to work for but has been absorbed by the huge company of QBE and now we are not sure from day to day if we will have our jobs. Our friends and fellow employees are disappearing around us from being let go and the Atlanta location has virtually no one left in the office with 5 floors of empty office space.
The company is currently restructuring and outsourcing many functions resulting in many layoffs.
Sr Consultant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 13, 2015
This review might be very different if the restructuring had been completed and the company had settled into its new "normal." At this time, layoffs are continuing. Previous layoffs have caused very high workloads in some circumstances.
It has been very good working with the people at QBE. There has been a good team spirit and focus on accomplishing the task as hand.
Changing
Senior Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
QBE/North Pointe, worked over 1 years, loved the co-workers very friendly and knowledgeable, learned underwriting, product development.
Agents were great to work with, great benefits and some benefits the company paid for.
QBE
Office Assistant Claim Support Representative (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIMarch 5, 2015
QBE is a pleasent place to work, lots of supportive co workers and team work, Most of the employees are contract but overall a nice company to work with
Customer Service Licensed Agent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Harlan, IowaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked here for 11 years and much has changed. I am seeking a new job as the company will no longer work with my schedule and I have just recently found out they are closing the Iowa office.
they are trying to be specialized
Catastrophe Claims Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: fear
they lead by fear and try to be transparent, but do not do a good job. The people I work with are good, but upper management don't care about the employees.
Global Company
Accounts Receivables/Credits/Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Loved the job. Was able to explore my creativity and experiences.
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability
BSA (Current Employee), IrvineJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: most holidays off
Cons: layoffs
Management and staff influx/Layoffs and instability combined with trust issues between leadership and workers. Recent changes to IT management have created issues and company wide concerns. These changes have created issues for current growth across the company.
Busy
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 27, 2014
• Motivate, develop and direct people as they work; evaluate performance to provide feedback and contribute to personnel decisions.
• Organize people, tasks and activities to yield efficient work flow
• Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal
• Manage multiple projects or responsibilities concurrently and effectively
• Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups to settle differences with minimum noise
• Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with internal and external contacts; understand customer needs and goals and actively look for ways to meet them
• Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement.
• Facilitate discussions and manage and resolve conflict to reconcile differences among others and between self and others.
• Utilize strong written and oral communications; communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency; consult and recommended changes and strategies to leaders.
• Effectively present thoughts to key stakeholders to influence adoption of innovative recommendations
• Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
• Maintain composure by responding calmly, quickly, professionally and decisively to the unpredictable or unexpected
Change
Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Learned many skills that I will carry throughout the rest of my career wherever that mad lead. Management is disorganized at times. The company is going through a large turn over. Co-workers are all hard working and genuine people.
Caring workplace
Loss Drafts Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 3, 2014
Close leadership team, always willing to help eachother. Whenever you need a duty covered someone is always willing to step up and help even if they are already busy with their own work
good
Project Lead (Current Employee), Irvine, SCTNovember 1, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
good place to work
Senior Tax Services Representative (Current Employee), atlanta, georgiaJune 17, 2014
great place to work enjoyed working with my teammates on a daily basis.
It were a good placed to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 16, 2014
The company have change hands so many times, A typical day was taking care of my team with all work related questions, Management no comunication lake of skills, coworkers are split, The hardest part of the job is lack of leadersip skills
Productive work place
Insurance Tracking Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2014
It was steady and productive workplace. Communication caused a few problems.
Excellent Place to Work!
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh,NCMay 22, 2014
Pros: exciting culture
Cons: wish i would have started sooner
Great management! I love working in a fast paced environment that I can use my customer service skills in a professional manner.
Great place to work with great people
Applications Developer (Former Employee), TelecommuteMay 19, 2014
Balboa was bought out by the Australian company QBE. The company was much better to work for when it was smaller.
A good place to work
Architect / Team Lead / Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2014
Pros: work life balabnce
Cons: outsource decision
It is a good company to work for. Unfortunately they have decided to outsource many IT jobs.
They are going through a difficult time in the US.
Vice President, Casualty Claims (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 10, 2014
Need to fix the foundation and decide what type of footprint they want to have here.

About QBE

QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance – Read more