Qdoba Mexican Eats Employee Reviews

Cook at qdoba
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 13, 2018
Was introduced as a closer, was barely trained to do anything was expected to learn recipes and procedures overnight, was told after the first week I was slow and was going to get fired, after being trained correctly i was told I was better than anyone they had. Also the gm was very pushy on making me do more work without a pay raise everyday I had new things I needed to do and it was not negotiable if I wanted to do them the list kept growing but my pay did not
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Terrible management terrible training insufficient pay
Nice place to work
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 12, 2018
While I enjoy my job, I feel my skills and time are worth more than what the food industry pays. Qdoba is a great place to work but the food industry isn't a career choice unless you go into management.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
advancement os slow, raises are tiny.
High Stress Lots of hours
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 11, 2018
Qdoba Started out as a good company but there are to many changes every week. Every week there are new procedures and upper management wanting things done different ways.
Pros
Lots of PTO time and Sick pay
Cons
Never get to use your pto time
good job
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11430January 10, 2018
great job free lunch always busy all around work hours so you can pick a schedule you like whether its overnight or afternoon or late night shift great
What ive learned with my current job and what my typical day looks like.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of customer service, making sure everyone is happy. Also make sure the staff is okay making sure everyone received a break etc. Then clean every spot that has been used and what doesn't look like it was meant to be there. I learned more time management, and customer service skills.
can be chaotic
Line Server (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 3, 2018
it is a fast paced job. you have to be able to work with customers and knowing how to provide quality customer service. it can be challenging when people come in angry or frustrated.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
not many adavncements
Horrible place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Worked here a while overnight mostly and my manger decided to break into my lockers and steal money from me and so call couldn’t do anythyfor me and gpt mad because i said i was not going to work with the manger that robbed me
Very fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 2, 2018
The food is good the staff is great. I love working here. I get to work independently and as a team. The best place to work if just starting out on a new job. Room for advancement and promotions.
Cons
No benifits
Fun work place but the job can get hectic sometimes.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Everything is usually fine, until someone calls in. When you're short and it makes the job much harder. The people are great, and the food is great, but if the schedule isn't made properly, it could cause problems.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment
Cons
Very busy during holiday season and it can be rough.
Fun and enjoyable people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 20, 2017
Did not agree with the direction the company was going. Outside from that I enjoyed interacting with customers and employees. It was a very relaxed environment.
Pros
Very fun and enjoyable people
Cons
Lack of communication
Great food.still go and enjoy it today
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2017
Good place to work part time but even as a part of the management staff it left me wanting to.do a bit.more and wish that I had a bit more older staff when I had worked there
Pros
Fun place to work relaxed staff
Cons
Not many job advancement oppurtunities
Productive and Fun Workplace
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ 07960December 19, 2017
Depending on which day you worked on the restaurant would be typical fast paced. On Sundays it is usually slow. You can sit down relax and eat. I learned how to prep the foods and vegetables, I learned how to work the register. I also learned how to make every item on the menu and what goes into each specialized dish.
Pros
Half off menu items for employees
Cons
Scheduling
Alright
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 19, 2017
The best thing about working at Qdoba was the environment and people the worst thing was probably the new manager that just came in to replace the old one the food was great especially when I cooked it
It is a very fast pace place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 18, 2017
It is a ok place to work you work hard for little appreciation and everyone talks about business even the mgs. on the flip side they do pay ok for a Qdoba.
Laid back, fun and friendly work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 17, 2017
When working at qdoba, I met the most wonderful and caring people that have tured into good friend's. I always looked forward to work cause I knew I would have a great night with my crew.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxing environment to work at
Line Serve/Prep/Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 15, 2017
There were days where it needed to be fast paced, and there were others where there really wasn't much to do. Teamwork was very well learned as well as how to keep calm when customers were getting riled up. The people at the workplace were great to work with, but the management of the restaurant as a whole was terrible and needed much improvement.
Pros
Managers got a free entree
Cons
Fairness
for Anyone who is just looking for a job or hasn’t ever worked before it’s a great starter job!
Cook, line server, day/night manger (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNDecember 13, 2017
Qdoba really builds you and helps you learn those communication and leaderships skills, it’s a job worth having to get out of those comfort zones, I’d recommend working at Qdoba for anyone!
Pros
Discounts
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Okay On my first day at Qdoba I had a great day because the managers and my employees were pleasant and introduced me as soon as i walked in. The first thing They taught me was what all the foods and dressings were called, Then I Learned how to make quesadillas and Tacos. I liked Making Quesadillas the most because it was the easiest thing to learn and it was just fun in general to learn something new. It could possibly help in the long run. i got free lunch on my first day because i was new and i came early and I'm assuming they wanted me to feel more comfortable with them.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2017
Clean nice peaceful environment
Respect customer service
Speed of service is fast
Management is great
Service line ( variety of options)
Sercurity secured always
poor management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 4, 2017
Qdoba has a lack of structure that trickles down to management and is reflected poorly onto the employees there. The schedules are never set, and they require assistanct managers to basically do a managers job with lack of pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qdoba Mexican Eats. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9