Qdoba Employee Reviews

too stressful
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 12, 2017
The management was becoming unprofessional and did not care about their employees. Not to get into too much detail, the District Manager was getting a little too close with his employees. He did not support employees when the customers were rude and disrespectful.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
stressful
Fast-paced and Hands-on Environment:
Server & Dish/prep (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 11, 2017
Arrived on time or early if I could help it. I was hardly ever late and made sure to notify the store if I was going to be delayed. Upon arrival; tidy up lobby, and take out trash before the shift got busy. Dishpit most days: Washing dishes and organizing the dishpit were 2 tasks I excelled in. As a line server I did: food prep, frying chips & tortilla bowls, changing the oil in deep fryer, restocking the line and lobby, and occasionally closing the store.
Pros
I liked being in the dishpit.
Cons
Managers take too many breaks, Sometimes we were left alone in the store without one, Managers don't enforce rules and regulations that I was personally trained on, Other than that, I had decent hours for the pay and liked my job
Comfortable work environment
Sever (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 9, 2017
I worked over night, it was a fun work environment. I work the front of the house. I made all food orders. Loved the customers as well as some of my Co-workers. Some of my bosses where fun to work with and communicate very well with the staff. I cleaned tables and washed dishes.
Pros
we recieved one free meal and free drinks.
Cons
I had high blood pressure, Wasnt fair that some managers got to really do what they wanted. Some of the workers were lazy, Had to deal with people who disrespected us.
good Job
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 8, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. Manager was never really around. Was a little strict but it was fun also. Gave great hours although u couldn't do overtime. No benefits ether.
Pros
Great work environment, Good Hours
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Head Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAAugust 7, 2017
working for this place was great the people are awesome and management are is the best.the hardest part of the job was having to leave. i learned if you work hard it pays off.
Fun work place very productive, and organized.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 6, 2017
This type of environment should be a person experience when seeking a job. Everyone gets along even on bad days. Its keeps spirits high and it keeps you going as person.
Bad managemnet
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAAugust 2, 2017
The management has changed since iv been there but when i was working here the management was really poor. Co-workers that have been there longer than others are really lazy.
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 1, 2017
Qdoba is very high volume restaurant with the main focus on the guest. Although the day goes by pretty quickly, finding dedicated people to promote the value and culture of the job can be difficult.
Horrible,managers treat you like slaves
Line Server/Cashier prep cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2017
I had a horrible experience working at Qdoba Mexican Grill. This is one company that makes u stand eight hours without even a 15 minute break. The managers were rude, mean ,and lazy. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
You just have to want to do the work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 31, 2017
The people that you work with can greatly influence the experience you have. If the people want to do the work, then you will find that you actually enjoy wanting to be there. If they don't then the negative energy brings everyone down. Some people are just not that considerate of others and that is what can make the job stressful.Each shift has a duty and if that duty is not fulfilled, it ruins it for the next shift.
Pros
Free lunch for management
Terrible Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2017
My managers let crew members run the store. I was bullied until I eventually quit. One of my managers was always coming in high off of Meth and hid it in the store bathroom.
This Place Sucked
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 26, 2017
Awful Management. Awful Pay. Awful time. I kept thinking Things would get better after I was there for awhile. Things never improved. I was always expected to work almost full time when i only needed 20 hours a week.
Productive Workplace
Qdoba Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Very productive working enviroment, it is also fun but not so hard on the employees to work there. In order to work there, you must be used to working under pressure and during a rush.
Very Gimmicky
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 18, 2017
Qdoba, as a company was a great place to work. The main problem I had was that the vast majority of their marketing strategies were sub par, along with the fact that they almost made it seem like they couldn't care less about their upper management. It was very taco bell-ish well I left which is disappointing, to say the least, but hey you get what you get, all-in-all I liked the company, I just think they could do better. (especially in the way of food quality)
Pros
Cool people to work with, nice enough atmosphere, good overall message
Cons
no free lunches, sub par food quality (who sells dark meat chicken...), odd environment
fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
Qdoba was a fun place to work, if you want to advance in the company there is definitely room for advancement. The best part of the job was getting to meet some nice people.
Pros
nice environment
It was alright
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 15, 2017
Just good little part time job nothing special. Didn't work there for to long because store closed. They also told me about the closing a week before it happened which kind of sucked.
Pros
Free food
Lots of room for imporvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJJuly 12, 2017
Qdoba was a company that cared about it's workers and offered many opportunities to move up. A typical day at work was simply preparing fresh food items to be used in making the quality foods the customers ordered.

I learned more managing skills to help keep my team motivated and working together.

Management at the time was scrambled but has since improved.

The hardest part of working for some locations is just when there is a short staff. When others pick up someone elses slack, it affects their work too and with not too many individuals on the payroll, call outs were harder to handle.

The most enjoyable part was seeing the satisfaction with the fresh food and being able to test new foods before they hit the menu.
supervisor
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
i open the store i had to know how to cook and work the line. i had to train new workers and cash out the registers . it was good to learn the ability to be responsible and reliable.
Quick paced serving.
Manage in training (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2017
At qdoba I worked the line as a server and eventually through getting trained in everything became a manager in training before I departed to college. It's a steady paced job and is well balanced.
It was a decent job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJuly 7, 2017
Qdoba wasn't a bad job at all, I loved interacting with all the customers everyday , I got it done pretty quickly. I liked just about everything accept the management, they were just very non formal.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
bad mangement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qdoba. Our community is ready to answer.