Qdoba

Qdoba Employer Reviews

ok
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Gillette, WYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: to far from family
to many broken promises but loved what i did. miss the people and the caterings and the hours and my days off and to far from family
Tatiana Daniel Review Summary
Cashier/hostess/line cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: short breaks, not enough room on the line
At Qdoba I was usually on schedule for the morning shifts majority of the time. Which means I came into work got my gloves and apron on and started my prep work. Prep work includes cutting up vegetables, mixing the proper ingredients together, line checks, and also frying taco bowls etc. Burritos had to be steamed properly, so of course all cooking machines had to be thoroughly maintained. A typical day starts off with prep-work up until second shift comes and its time to switch to lunch. Customers approached the line and would tell you which food items they'd prefer. For example we had two types a rice cilantro lime rice or spicy brown rice, either or the customers would let you know and then move along to the condiments. Management wasn't the best at all, but it worked out perfectly for me. At the end of the day I had all my work hours so I wasn't complaining. Co workers ranged from some being super nice to some being super jerks. I played like a team player made myself accessible to whoever needed help. I love working with others to get the job done faster and more efficient. The hardest part of the job was really nothing to me. I enjoyed working for qdoba. The most enjoyable part I'd say would be the customers leaving out happy.
clean and very busy day
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Janesville, WIDecember 31, 2014
Pros: like the work and people.
Cons: did not fit with my day care needs and schedule not fixed.
I cleaned prep area, cooked on the grill, washed dishes, and worked closely with my manager. Food quality was a priority for management and they kept a close eye on it. Hours conflicted with daycare.
Fun Enviroment
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee), Marietta, OHDecember 19, 2014
Cons: very busy at times
Working for Qdoba was always rewarding the General Manger was always very happy and outgoing, made you feel needed and wanted in the work place. It was a rewarding and demanding job but it was always fun. The company allows a lot of room for advancement and promotes from within which is fantastic. Overall a great job experience.
Good job to have
Crew Member (Former Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 20, 2014
Work was fun. The only complain I had was the lack of reliable hours. The staff was great and the management had their store under control.
Fun and productive work place
Food Server (Current Employee), Vermillion, SDNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free food over break
A typical day at work consists of preparing fresh food, greeting customers as the approach the counter, and take their orders and prepare their food in a timely fashion. I've learned how to close a restaurant efficiently, as well as prepare food. The management at Qdoba is very friendly and approachable. They're understanding and will listen to anything you have to tell them. The working environment is very positive and my co-workers are easy to get along with.
Great place to work at. One of the best jobs I've had.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 27, 2014
I would make food for the customers and make sure its made to their liking. I would also work at the cashier when their food was ready. I opened and closed the restaurant as well. I loved all my managers, they treated all their employees the same.
Summary
Line Server (Current Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 23, 2014
I would come in wash my hands and put my apron on. After this I would take anyone's order in line.
Amazing
Line Server, Cook (Former Employee), Dardenne Prairie, MOSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 20% off for friends and family, 50% on days you work, great food
Qdoba was the best first job I could have ever picked. Management and the district manager were all very personable and understanding, but still maintained a professional attitude.
Rough environment, many verbal discrepancies between all coworkers.
Cook, C (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2014
in my litte time there, there was many altercations between management and coworkers, the location was by many bar locations so we served many drunk customers, Many fights and vomit. Not my favorite place to work.
Cook
Cook (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: was boring at times in the summer
I worked there for 4 years while i lived in mount pleasant, MI. Ive learned how to keep inventory and keep people on task. Typical day started at 7am-2pm cooked and prepped food and cleaned the building. I became good friends with all my managers and co-workers like a family.
Patient with new workers
Line Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: short breaks, stayed part time
Come in and jump right into line
Stock cabinet often
Clean the working area and floor often

I learned to make dining out for the customers and good one
How to make the food and move quickly

Management was good and friendly, but was serious when needed to be

Co-workers were pretty nice and helped me when needed

The hardest part was standing on my feet all day, but it was manageable

Most enjoyable part of the job was serving the food to people. Also having a job.
overly stressful place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Avon, INJune 17, 2014
In a normal day I would spend the majority of the day cooking on the grill and bringing the line workers anything they needed. But, the last part of the night involved me cleaning the back half of the store with little to no help. I don't mind not receiving help, but when people clearly weren't doing anything else or would ask to leave early and were granted permission it was pretty disheartening.

I learned how to clean a grill and a lot of dishes quickly and effectively.

The management was awful. Most managers wouldn't listen to anything you said and helped very little. If the phone rang it was there excuse to escape work for an hour or so. We also didn't have a store owner for most of the time I worked there, and it was improving as I left.

My co-workers were entertaining people, nothing too special to note there.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of cleaning you did by yourself and how limited you were in the time.

My favorite part of the job was singing with the other cook I worked with.
Qdoba
Crew Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2014
I work with customers and they always told the manager how much they enjoyed my service.
A great work place if you're a shift supervisor or higher.
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals while working
Cons: bad management practices
If you're just a crew member, be prepared to get all the work pushed onto you while the shift supervisors and managers goof around and make you do all of the work. All the shift supervisors pass off the hard work to regular crew members and go play around in the back. They also have an entitlement issue where they refuse to do certain tasks because they don't have to, even if the store is super busy or it would make sense for time and resources.
Loved the job wish I would've worked there longer.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, great management, half price for meals
Cons: little to no break for part time employees
I loved the job and I wish I would've stayed there longer but I had problems with transportation at the time. I would work here again if given the chance. The manager was very friendly.
Prodcutive and up beat workplace
Cater, Marketing, Prep (Current Employee), HaydenJune 4, 2014
Pros: great managment, taught me many good qualites, and fast pass learning envoiroment
Management was exceptional, treated employs with great respect and cared for us and costumers. Learned how to work Cash register prepping food, serving costumers, closing and opening of a store, cleaning lobby and bathroom, learned how to cook all kinds of meet and sides.
horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 31, 2014
management was rude
it was unorganized
the closing process took longer than it should have every night
Fun and Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 30, 2014
I loved working at Qdoba. The atmosphere with my customers and my crew was always the best. The hardest part would had to have been just learning the basics like anywhere at first, memorizing what goes with what and which sauce taste better with what salsa. Besides that it was a great place, paid well, and gave good hours.
good crew, but not a career
Cook (Current Employee), Marietta, OHMay 12, 2014
It's a good job and I love cooking, but it isn't enough money to live on.

1 2 3

About Qdoba

Qdoba Mexican Grill is an artisanal Mexican kitchen where anyone can go to enjoy a fast, handcrafted meal prepared with fresh – Read more