Qdoba Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Paced Food Industry
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 22, 2016
During my employment at Qdoba I grew with the company for 3 years and eventually was a team leader. This opportunity showed me I make a great leader. I learned I like fast paced industries that keep me on my toes. I also was responsible for handling money, taking order, and meeting costumer needs.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 20, 2016
By far my favorite job I have held in my history of careers. The job was fast paced and enjoyable. The people were fun to work with and easy to get along with. The management were young, fun but a joy to work with.
Fun workplace, Stressful at times
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Clifton, COMay 9, 2016
I worked here as a Cook and I enjoyed it at first. Then I felt like I was taking on more responsibility than anyone else. It got crazy at times. I enjoyed the employees I worked with and it was good food too!
Pros
Dicounted food
Cons
Short breaks.
Great people, great business
Food Qualirty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 4, 2016
I wish this establishment never closed... The management was great, the work was fulfilling and upper management really cared for the workers. Great job to have if you love people and food.
Pros
Great people and presence
Cons
none at all
Very fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2016
Prepped and cooked food, co-workers were easy to get along with and VERY respectful, hardest part of the job was keeping up with certain food types that would go like hot cakes. Most enjoyable part of the job was grilling the food.
Pros
Discount on burritos
Cons
Lack of hours
Laid back and friendly place to work
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 29, 2016
The crew is all very nice and welcoming. Everyone is encouraged to stay positive and work together. Any hard tasks are either dealt with by the managers or divided equally among the staff so everyone is doing a fair amount of work. Very rewarding because all small tasks are recognized by management and there is an opportunity to win employee of the month. All available hours are welcome and they do not get mad if you can't work that much.
Pros
Discount on food, friendly and fun atmosphere
Cons
Have to wait until it is no longer busy to take a break
Very fun workplace, the environment very much like family
Server (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 28, 2016
Qdoba taught me a lot because it was my first job. It taught me how to act in a workplace. The management was very good and so were the coworkers. The hardest part was when it was super usy and overwhelming. It stressed me out. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Pros
Free food whenever
Cons
No breaks
Very productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIApril 24, 2016
Each person is delegated to a job so there is ultimate efficiency throughout the of the job requirements. Hardest part is trying to fold burritos.
Competative Work, also a fun work environment
Customer Service, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dinky Town, MNApril 21, 2016
Their is a lot of different stuff you do but you do it over and over again. It's fun workplace. I liked it a lot when I worked their. Fun people
Not for me
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
I worked at several different locations in my time with them and all the locations were slow. I prefer a more fast paced environment.
summary
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the food and friendly atmosphere. My boss had a good relationship with me and I learned a lot about customer service
Not much focus on training; prior experience needed
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 10, 2016
The company doesn't spend much time training new hires. Most of what I learned was whatever I taught myself when I had to, but previous experience at another restaurant helped a lot.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Unpaid breaks, gaps in management skills
Fun workplace
Cashier/Front-End Server/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2016
Very busy work environment, friendly staff the hardest part about this job is rolling those big burritos lol. I learned a lot about customer service here.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Not enough hours
Very fun and relaxing environment/Great people
Cashier/Line Server/Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 6, 2016
Overall my experience at Qdoba was like no other job. I took the job seriously and really made me step up as being a supervisor and running a store on my own. The people I worked with were great social people who made the workplace very easy-going and fun to work in.
Pros
Free lunches, raises for good performance.
Cons
Tough hours, not enough employers at the time.
Friendly co-workers and delicious food
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 4, 2016
Qdoba is a place that will keep you busy. From opening the store by frying chips and making guacamole to cleaning the entire server line after closing, there is always something to do.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
Only closed on Christmas
Generally great place to work, minor cons
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 30, 2016
Typical day for shift leader includes interacting with guests, providing excellent customer service, and leading team members to complete tasks, training, and reach customer service goals.

I have learned that in a fast paced environment, safety and teamwork get you a long way. A positive attitude and hard work are essential to maintaining a customer-first experience for the guest.

Management are easy-going, knowledgeable, goal oriented.

Coworkers are generally very out going and friendly, their attitudes promote a friendly interaction with guests.

Hardest part of the job would be finding suitable applicants who can keep up with the fast paced work environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with guests and building relationships with repeat customers.
Pros
Free meals, paid vacation, some health benefits, 401k
Cons
low pay rates for positions
Need a job thats Secure?
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  cannont share locationMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at a Qdoba, that is "Busy", will result in you earning every dollar you get. Their labor allowances are stupidly low. You feel like you are understaffed most shifts. But, with that said, at my Qdoba, we are across the street from a university, so we have a high turn over of students who only want drinking money. The employees are great workers, the company has great benefits and compensation. I have learned almost everything I know about the food industry at this store and don't regret a bit of it!

Management depends on who it is.... truly.

The hardest part of the job is leaving for the day. There is always something else you could help with before leaving. And, the HARDEST part, bringing myself to look for other work! I have developed deep relationships with many of my co-workers because of the high pace stress filled environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job is for sure the repeat customers who come in 3-5 times a week. Along with that, I do have to say I love most everyone I work with. I consider some of them almost family at this point.

Great company, great benefits, advancement options, compensation, but they really need to examine their labor matrix(s). Labor is why people leave... it is A LOT of work.
Pros
At my location all team members eat free if they work, and 50% off otherwise. Managers eat free 100% of the time!
Cons
Very demanding labor matrix, almost unrealistic for the amount of things to be done
Productive and goal orientated
Line server (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed my employment there yet the management seemed to be less about employees and more about the money. Would NOT go back
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Insensitive Managment
Awful Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 24, 2016
I was there six months and it was absolutely awful. Store manager assigned hours based on who she liked outside of work and left her part timers with more hours than her full time employees. Before I quit, I went from working 25 hours a week to 9. And it wasn't only me, if you put your foot down or tried to stand up for yourself, that meant your hours were cut. Awful experience, I can't even eat there anymore after I left. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Cons
everything
work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 21, 2016
I worked everyday even on my days off I was a reliable manager there is nothing I wouldn't do for my job. as the time went on I felt like I was being taken advantage of it wasn't a fair environment anymore.