QFC Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work and meet people.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Beach, WADecember 28, 2015
A great place to work and meet people. This place was a good job overall. I had some advancement opportunities. The management was ok.
management
Bakery Clerk, Barista (Current Employee) –  Bellevue wa, factoria qfcSeptember 21, 2015
Having to be at work to early is hard. I've learned that you can't make any kind of friendship with any of the management there. The hardest part of that job is not know if you are going to get into any kind of trouble there. The one thing that i am going to miss is the employees, they're like family.
Fun place to work
Seafood clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2016
I had a great time working for qfc and enjoyed the people I worked with. but my partner passed away and had to take time off, but am ready to start work again
Excellent comrades, poor advancement opportunities.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2014
My short time at QFC has been mixed. Co-workers and management, for the most part, are friendly and human. The environment is incredibly fast paced depending on the position.

Unfortunately, I feel corporate pressure to increase sales not only leaves employees stressed and troubled, it does not appear to have any noticeable effect, which only leads to increased pressure.

More creative or 'micro' approaches in the Deli I work at, such as serving a variety of food or offering employees the chance to (within reason) modify recipes, have an immediate connection with customers. Our hot case BBQ baked chicken, technically an 'off menu' item, sells out without fail every single time.

If I did not feel that failing to sell a certain amount of gift cards or forcing an up sell on a customer would result in my hasty replacement, I would be far more relaxed and confident.
Pros
union benefits, free food, excellent employee discount
Cons
poor pay, questionable advancement ladder
Four star company !
Floral dept. mgr. (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Great fellow employees. Miss them all since my retirement in 2013. A lot of attention to details, organization is need every day. Speed and accuracy in production, and 8 hours of customer service- Sales quotas are the toughest part, but that gives you incentive to work hard. Great neighborhood store.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long hours/holidays, lack of employee help
Good job for kids
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2015
This was a great transition job. They use only a rope to bring carts in which can be difficult if you do not have strength to push multiple carts up hill.
Great Customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belfair, WASeptember 4, 2015
I really loved working here and buliding relationships with the customers and employees. I loved helping customers and putting a smile on their face.. Joking and always asking how their day was.
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
always late to lunches and getting off
A great place to shop, and work.
NIGHTCREW STOCKER/CHECKER/FUEL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 3, 2015
QFC was a fun, sometimes challenging, work environment. I began as a fuel clerk and advanced to night crew within a couple short months where I began working 12am to 10am, earning overtime almost every day due the the amount of shipments of product coming in. Recommended for any night owl who doesn't mind a bit of physical labor.
Not a great place to work.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 26, 2015
People there seemed unhappy and the Deli manager seemed disconnected. I didn't feel I had adequate training and tried hard but always felt I fell short.
Pros
None really
Cons
Training was bad, people unhappy
Sometimes fun, sometimes stressful, but overall I like where I work and the people that I work with and the customers that we serve
Seafood Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work starts early at 7am. I go in and get the full service case ready with ice to arrange the product on top of the ice in an appealing way to attract the customer. I accept new product from vendors and order new product from suppliers for the following day, fill the self service case, organize product in coolers and freezers, communicate and work with co-workers from other departments, train new employees to learn the responsibilities and expectations which are required in running the department and keeping it clean. The hardest part of my job is getting all of the duties and tasks fulfilled during an eight hour shift because these change on a daily basis as is required as per any given day. The most enjoyable parts of my job are looking at my lovely full-service case, a work of art, and having customers tell me that I have the best seafood in West Seattle and my co-workers say how beautiful it looks. Also I enjoy the relationships that I have built with my co-workers.
Pros
I get to wright my own schedule and I get 40 hours minimum
Cons
wages and healthcare
hardest part of this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJune 30, 2013
Although I always aim to please, I must say your not going to be successful all the time. The most difficult part of this job as much as I loved working for this company is keeping on my game face when dealing with difficult customers. You know the saying "The customer is always right".. It comes with the territory
Pros
competitive salary w/ advancment opportunities
Cons
having to smile at all times
Very little training
Seafood department second (Former Employee) –  FactoriaJune 30, 2015
Almost no training but was expected to know it all. Not much support . Had to google info. No positive renforcement for job well done. the best part of the job was the customers.
Pros
Seafood can be a fascinatating job
Cons
working with people who don't care and just think of it as a step to other positions
Fun place too work, very productive.
Helper/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WashingtonMarch 17, 2015
I'd start my day off stocking the dairy cooler. Then, I would proceed to start to break down the load and fill the holes in the dairy cooler. I learned how to work independently and being able to create a routine. Next, I had a few managers in the store in the evening when I worked, the 2 co-managers were the ones who showed me how to do my job correctly and helped me with my tasks and anything I needed help with. The main manager, Dan, couldn't really help me with what I needed from him. He usually had a lot going on and couldn't take time to train me on something. Hardest part of my job is customer service, hopefully being able to provide great customer service to them and making sure they're happy when leaving the store. Finally, stocking the milk would be my most enjoyable part of my job because, the cooler was cold and I like the coldness. Also, I'm working quietly by my self in solitude.
Pros
%10 off store brand food
Cons
lack of training
My first job at QFC
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 8, 2014
I started my first job at 16 at QFC as a Courtesy Clerk. My days of work would be differently each day. My typical day would be cleaning, and/ or checking the bathrooms, bagging groceries, and taking customers groceries to there car. This was my first job, so I learned the value of a dollar, and I learned how to provide customer service to the customers. I believe when I worked there I had great management, and my co-workers we're great. I got a long with them, and enjoyed working with them each time I had worked. The hardest part of this job was making sure I got all my responsibilities done. Cleaning restrooms, and If I was opening/closing Courtesy Clerk to take out all the trashes, sweeping floors, and bringing all the carts in at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to feel accomplished at the end of my shift, and making others happy.
Friendly environment with great sales
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Stanwood, WAApril 24, 2013
As an employee of QFC my typical day at work is revolved around my customers. Helping them find what they need, Taking orders for their drinks, making sure things are clean and sanitized as well as organized and problem solving. I have learned so much from this company. Learning customer service and how to make a customer feel important. As well as all the work it takes to keep a department running. My co-workers are fantastic. Wonderful and friendly people who are always there to help when in need. The most difficult part of my job is making sure everything in the department is clean while making sure I provide great customer service. What I love most about my job is the customer connections and getting to know them. I enjoy making customized drinks and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
employee discount, medical care
Cons
advancement, managment
Great air conditioned work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canyon Park, WAMay 6, 2015
Great people to work for and work with. nice customers, easy scheduling and great hours. I enjoy working with my customers and getting to know them by name, its nice to have people want me as there cashier and know my name. cant wait to get back to work
Pros
To many to list
It's a job...
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Normandy ParkDecember 31, 2014
I'm a courtesy clerk. The management is very compassionate and professional. I have never had a bad experience while working here. The job tasks are very simple and easy to do. I love my job here!
Pros
relaxed environment, easy job
Cons
sometimes boring, short breaks
Overall QFC is an ok to work.
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 26, 2015
I have learned a lot from QFC. I know how much communication is important now, I know how to handle a very diverse group of people. I have learned what it takes to be a leader, not just a boss.
Busy family friendly mentallity
Produce Clerk/Checker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2015
Throwing freight, temp logs. Constant quality control and rotation. Customer service, answering questions and concerns. Trained too use inventory control unit/ordering.

I am also trained thru out majority of the store, whether it be courtesy clerk duties, checking too dairy and bakery.
Cons
To few hours
The best job I've ever had
Helper Clerk/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 30, 2012
As my first job, I gained so much experience through working at QFC.

I started as a courtesy clerk, bagging groceries, helping customers to their cars, getting carts from the parking lot and bringing them in.

After working as a courtesy clerk for nearly a year, I was then moved up to helper clerk, where I still had to work as a courtesy clerk, but I had more responsibilities.

The best part about working at QFC was learning about different aspects of grocery retail/management.

As a helper clerk, I worked mainly in the dairy department (I would work a 12:30-9:00pm shift on Saturdays to work the dairy load to the floor), but I also helped out in floral, bakery, and the deli/meat area.

There were a few issues to be worked out while I was there, like scheduling conflicts and the helper clerk team feeling like we had to pick up slack every single shift. Unfortunately, when changes for the better were finally being made, the store was closed down by the reservation it was built on due to the building's age and cost to maintain it.
Pros
gaining knowledge and experience of a variety of fields
Cons
having to fill in for team members that slacked off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QFC. Our community is ready to answer.