QFC Employee Reviews

The people are cool and friendly
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  RentonApril 4, 2017
This was a good place to work but also they make mistakes with the schedule and they will fire you if the time make a schedule change and you don't show up for work. They won't even tell you they changed the schedule either
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No communication
Lack luster job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 19, 2017
40 hrs a week for minimal pay usually asked to do things outside of job description and usually would be understaffed qmd flooded with work due to it
Pros
40 hours
Cons
Minimum wage, poor management, lack of stack
Its ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 7, 2017
Friendly company it's nice humble but long hrs if you like the hrs. But not into overtime but will give it if you are a driver, overnight is the best time.
very unproductive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2017
this job was a very boring job. there was not a lot to do in terms of different ways of working. there was almost no employee interaction with other employees.
Cons
short breaks, bad hours
Productive, enjoyable work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
A fast paced, positive environment, from the employees to the customers. The management team is always positive and employees are always reliable and friendly to customers and fellow employees.
Pros
Positive employee outlook
Fast Paced Workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day of work can be very different from another day. An environment where you are to implement your own ideas, but ultimately have to conform to corporate mandates. You are able to learn total operation of the store with mandatory training sessions. The hardest part is time management. Some days, there will be no way that you are able to complete what is needed or what you want. The best part of the job is that you get to work with a very diverse set of employees that can make your day a little bit brighter.
Pros
benefits, possible advancement, sales contests
Cons
mandates, large corporation, limited flexibility
Great Staff
Overnight Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAJanuary 5, 2017
My experience at QFC has taught me that if you work with a good team, regardless of how the store is run, you can get things done. A typical day started at 11:30 pm. The rest of the day involved stocking the shelves, and ringing up late night customers. My co-workers were a motivated group of people who tried their best with what they received. The hardest part of the job was dealing with managements shortcomings. I often felt that we put in a lot of hard work, but management would make decisions that would not only make our hard work irrelevant but also make future tasks harder. The thing I enjoyed the most was the staff.
Pros
Positive Team
Cons
Poor management
fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 14, 2016
little to no time to sit during a shift is the hardest part of this position. the most enjoyable for me during my time in this position was muti-tasking, by completing cash transactions as well as bagging groceries. the co workers in this job either made or broke your day. some days you would work with people who were good at their job and stayed on task, while other days you would be on shift with someone not willing to help at all or stay on task. management in this position i felt worked hard to make sure i was properly trained and confident in my position. if it weren't for family reasons i am sure i would still be employed at this company.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
standing long hours
Corporate setting, fast paced, very strict.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2016
It's a very corporate place to work. You get to know the regulars and atmosphere of whichever location you work at. There are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Union
Bad place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 22, 2016
Managers treat the good workers bad and are good to the bad employees. Hours kept getting cut. Not a good place to work if you're trying to make a living for your family. There are a bunch of employees that are cool, but there are a few that try to throw you under the bus any chance they get. They're very two faced. It's overall a horrible work environment.
Pros
Cons
hostile work environment, poor morale
Great place to work if your single or married without kids
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2016
I worked 15 years with QFC and I had a great time, it was good company to work for till my kids got a little older and needed me to be home with them more often. Never a steady schedule, my days off and work hours where always different so it was kinda hard to make appointments and make plans. Management was ok
Dont work here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 5, 2016
Dont get a job here. Management is a joke especially the hr lady. I dont even know how she has a job since she always screws up everyones pay. You also have to watch out for the super fake people that kiss's managements butt to mask just how bad of an employee they really are. They screw over the good workers any chance they get and defend the lazy worthless workers instead. Its bad
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management, certain employees, hours suck
Night Crew grocer
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 4, 2016
My time there was limited and while I enjoyed myself it was just time for me to move on. It was a job that helped me on a financial basis only and was not a good fit for me that is why I moved on.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Hard hours, not enough pay
Great for a student in need of a temporary job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2016
The workers are friendly, the management is well run. The hardest part of the job is maintaining stamina. The customers are sometimes friendly, sometimes not. Just depends on the day, I guess.
Pros
Sometimes food in the breakroom
Cons
Short breaks, large company with little interest in your needs
Good place to work and go to school
Safety Manger (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 11, 2016
If you need a job with flexible hours and steady pay while going to school this is a great place to work.
People and job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAJune 27, 2016
The people that work there were not always friendly or they never wanted to help you if you needed it. I learned that courtesy clerks have the worse job ever. They have to clean garbage's, bathrooms, and deal with the rude cashiers.
Productive but very draining.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJune 27, 2016
Management was awful. They didn't pay attention to their employees needs. The place is very ill-run. The job was great in itself learned very valuable skills.
Avoid Front End for applying
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bend, WAJune 22, 2016
Seasoned cashiers, friendly, knowledgeable, professional and well versed in many aspects of customer service.

Avoid the Front End due to the immaturity of the Front End Supervisor(S).

Be careful as they will try to use you if you let them, unless you need the hours.

Fair prices, Quality of products is amazing.
Pros
Friendly Employees, Family feel environment
Cons
Horrible management, Supervisor gossips
Awsome place to work, great people
Deli Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 11, 2016
I have worked at QFC for just over a year, I love working with my fellow assiets and love the job I have been doing, The store managers are great people and I will miss it alot.
Pros
Learning new and different things daily
Cons
Cooking
Fun and friendly environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2016
There is room for advancement and there are good benefits after six months and they will work around a students schedule.
Pros
advancement for hard workers
Cons
unfair starting wages and increases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QFC. Our community is ready to answer.