QFC Employee Reviews

great part time job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2017
qfc was a great place to work for a student athlete. they were very flexible to my busy schedule and would always accommodate me. very relaxed work environment with great staff
Pros
union benefits, flexible hours
Cons
boring
Hard work
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2017
These are physical jobs with lots of customer service. Exceptional customer service is expected but labor does not always support the business. The people you work with are what make the job great, but with union protection many people are unreliable.
Managers are Excellent!
Cashier, Bakery and Deli Clerk, Barista (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2017
Lots of training, decent pay, positive environment! Growth possibilities! Free coffee and in store discounts! Team work is valued and encouraged! Customers are friendly!
Pros
Great place!
Cons
Forced to pay high union dues
Fast-paced workplace with decent benefits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 29, 2017
I worked here for a year and it wasn't necessarily a bad place to work, but the way i was treated by some people was unacceptable. One of the 2 have since changed locations. Aside from them, it was a fun and busy place to work with really nice staff.
It was a retail grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2017
You show up, run the cash register, and if you make yourself useful you get to throw freight too. At least at the smaller store. A lot of facing and stocking depending on your position.
Great experience at my second job was not packed or stressful at all
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 8, 2017
At my second job this had to be one of the best one so far because not only was is not packed and not stressful at all. Great environment, nice people and workers there I appreciate all what they did for me.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Need change of supervisors
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 7, 2017
Started out as a great place to work. A supervisor then publicly humiliated me and continued to be hostile toward me in the following week. Would not work there again unless front end supervisors change.
overall needed to be challenged more
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 4, 2017
is a great place to work but not able to advance to keep a challenge for myself in place. The benefits are great and the company is willing to work with personal/family schedules.
Commissary
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 1, 2017
Production work behind the storefront was always a good setting. Lunch was at the store and you work at the store. As with most retail having split day's off is not my cup of tea.
Pros
Work
Cons
Weekend work
Customer Service Center
Customer Service Clerk / Stockmarket Foods (Former Employee) –  Port Townsend, WAOctober 9, 2017
I worked in the Customer Service Center and provided money orders, wire transfers, Lotto tickets, answered telephones, helped customers, rug doctor rentals, video rentals, cut keys, I also from time to time worked other areas of the store like night stocking and the Deli department.
atmosphere & support
Helper clerk & Dairy Mgr (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 6, 2017
positive encouragement is a challenge. most management is supportive but there is a strong lack in this area. There is not much cross training. I do not get a set schedule so it is at times hard to schedule appointments & calculate ability to pay bills. A raise does not come with title change & I have worked for QFC for a few years & only received a raise when min wage went up, not promotion
Pros
like people
Cons
no advancement
Good workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 26, 2017
QFC offers great culture, everyone is very much helping to get you started and feel home. There was hardly any problem that you will face. Your shifts are quite flexible and you can match your needs.
Productive side job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2017
Great for young adults looking for a customer service career is a great place to start, flexible hours, enjoyable staff. If you work hard enough, advancement is possible. Normal pace, friendliness is a must.
Full support from Senior management
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2017
Direct all wholesale and shipping operations. Hiring and firing. Training programs for all levels of staff. Negotiating contracts. Seeking out wholesalers and tradesmen.
Pros
Easy formal and informal management mix
Cons
I worked there quite some time ago very hard to review now
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 31, 2017
My store manager was not a very nice person yelled at me for not dropping what I was doing to help a customer right away, if this is what he wanted he should have talk to me about it after instead of making me feel like an idiot
Pros
Lots of breaks per union guidelines
Cons
Little hours and less pay
Low pay, not a lot of room for advancement.
Checker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2017
I worked as a checker making minimum wage. The management was very pushy on calling you in on your days off. I can't say that I would recommend working here.
Pros
Get to socialize with customers.
Cons
Low pay, pushy management.
Fun and fast pace workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 16, 2017
Advantages: QFC was a fun place to work at, the hardest part of the job was to work under stress.
Disadvantages: The paid the minimum back in 2015 which was 9.45.00 per hour.
i loved it
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 8, 2017
I loved working here. though the customers were crazy and too much. the workers were non stop helping out and making sure that everyone was taken care of. best work environment ive ever been in.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 31, 2017
A typical day is sometimes busy, sometimes quiet. Very nice people to work with, fun times. Can be tough at times, it's all about the customers and what they need.
company closing branch
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WA 98366July 23, 2017
company closing branch, customers and employees very upset. They say they will place employees in other stores but are offering less hours and cut in pay