QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VANovember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at QinetiQ. There was always cross training opportunities available and people who were eager to share. The culture was relaxed, fun but professional. I certainly would work for QinetiQ again.
Pros
Free food and perks everytime we won a new contract
Cons
No telework at the time I was there
good place to work
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  united kingdomOctober 17, 2017
there were no lunch facilities on site. sandwich came round in the morning. mainly worked on ground equipment for military aircraft.
job got cancelled and therefore the contract.
Outstanding Place to Work
Operations Manager/Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 29, 2017
I worked with a remarkable group of people supporting the United States Marine Corps. The proximity from home to work allowed me to have a better quality of life. My Managers were accessible and allowed me to shine.
Pros
Meeting new challenges
Cons
Departing QinetiQ North America
productive and a fun and safe place to work
Senior Assembler Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 28, 2017
I learn a lot with new idea, how to balance with jobs due date is in rushtime to ship out, learn how important customer quality and on time delivery so we can achieving our quarterly goal
Great company
Network/NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAAugust 26, 2017
QinetiQ is a good company but does not always support engineers or workers under management supervision. Once a family oriented organization, initiated changes toward a more corporate philosophy which affected how personnel interact with each other.
Pros
Growth potential, flexibility
Cons
Miminal management support
Great Company
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  KSCAugust 8, 2017
Great company,upper management listened, we knew what was expected of us, worked as a team to accomplish the final product. Great company to work for!
Not diversified
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 18, 2017
No organization. Everyone seemed to be a boss. If anyone made a honest mistake, he or she was immediately terminated without reason or cause. Too many backstabbers trying to get ahead.
Cons
Short breaks, Lack of orgaization, Had to share tools, Tools unserviceable due to wear and improper use..
Relaxing place to work
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2017
Worked for this company as a contractor. I did not have interactions daily with company employees but the supervisor did come to Florida frequently to check on things. A typical day consisted of making sure visitors had proper security clearances, making runs for office supplies and answering calls.
Pros
Fun and relaxing environment
Cons
Supervisor worked in another state
A place that rewards hard work and is very transparent in the way they operate.
Lead Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 22, 2017
It was a place to work with growth potential and a upper management team that cared and encouraged. I enjoyed everyday I was employed by the company and learned skills professionally and personally that will stay with me always.
dream job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 5, 2017
Data entry was a major part of my job, and I was able to do that while listening to audiobooks that I checked out from the library. I left work feeling productive and relaxed. I enjoyed working for QinetiQ because my managers were like mentors.
Good experience obtained
Functional Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 27, 2017
This was a nice place to work at. Everyone was friendly and willing to share their knowledge with you. The workplace culture was very inviting. No micro-management.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate picnics
Fun place to work
RELIABILITY DATA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMarch 11, 2017
It was a fun place to work. At that time the majority of the team got along well. They had good benefits. Too much travel away from home. Pay was pretty good.
Pros
Government Contractor
Cons
Government Contractor
Contract job working for the federal gov't.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WAMarch 6, 2017
The company lost it's contract with the federal gov't and laid off all staff. They were abusive to all employees and didn't care about anyone at all.
very pleasant work place, advanced promotion each year
comm tech (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 28, 2017
thriving company with awesome benefits. Diverse workplace. Strenuous call volume.

Must tolerate diverse attitude from callers must be patient. Must catch on fast
Pros
family oriented
Cons
call volume
Out of business
Mobile Training Team Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2017
No longer in business. Went out of business about 4 years ago. Was not very employee friendly. Left because of micromanagement.
Excellent Success
Vice President, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2017
The company was best of breed, especially for its size. The management team, including the PE investors were top notch. The company successfully sold to a British company.
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 14, 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 8, 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TXDecember 4, 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 30, 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.