QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Greatest job I've had ever!
Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 30, 2016
QinetiQ has been wonderful to me and I'm glad to be here. I've had help with tuition reimbursement so I've been able to better myself. I've made great relationships here with my co workers and QinetiQ has a lot of benefits and fun things for employees here. they are very appreciative of their employees and do a great job showing so.
Good company to work for
Network Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Marfa, TXDecember 4, 2016
Well balanced and equitable. Value employees. Good reward and compensation package. Would work for this company again.

As contractors, employees are expected to do work shunned by Federal employees. Great co-workers. Great management,
Pros
Good management
Cons
subject to lose contracts
NASA support contractor work force at the Kennedy Space Center
Mechanical Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 15, 2016
The management is largely retired or ex NASA employees. These mangers are extremely competent and knowledgeable of the processes required to prepare and launch rockets, satellites and spacecraft.
No Thanks
Team Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 14, 2016
Free lunch I would prefer not to rank the companies I have worked for I this this is a process not worth of my time to give accurately. I have worked at many locations and companies it would not be accurate any more
Fun, fast paced, detailed oriented, very interesting, complete customer satisfaction
Supervisor / Data Entry Team (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 8, 2016
I supervised employees ensuring all company policies and procedures were upheld pledging complete customer satisfaction in different parts of the world. Upper management was excellent ensuring an open door policy to all, allowing for a relaxed work environment while still encouraging its employees to be the "best they can be in all they do". Do to the job requirements and the constant travels, the relationships with all co-workers was that of an extended family fun, caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving my family for weeks or months at a time while being deployed. However, upon returning from a business trip, the company would ensure all employees had a good turnaround time for personal matters before heading out on another business assignment which was greatly appreciated. Overall, working for this company was a very educational, enjoyable, and interesting place to be.
Pros
Ability to travel, job advancements, excellent benefits, meet new people
Cons
*none*
Was a good place to work
HR Coordinator (Deployment Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 15, 2016
I best part of the job for me is that I created a workflow for and was responsible for deployment of all contractors that were willing to work in a oversea position and environment.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
Basically on call
Excellent company
Optics - Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLAugust 16, 2016
I was on base to see the final three Space Shuttle launches and these are memories you can't take away or forget. Some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Saw Space Shuttle launches up close
Cons
Space Shuttle ended
Typical government contractor
Field Studies Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 16, 2016
Typical government contractor; worked on a good team, but not a company for long-term employment. Some travel required, short fuse taskings
great company
Data Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CASeptember 8, 2016
great company to grow your management skill and grow. Management encouraged growth for everyone. Management always willing to assist
Could have been the best job I ever had...till the contract ended...
Technical Writer / Researcher / CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 22, 2016
This was a contract job updating MIL-SPECs on a telecommute basis. Interesting, challenging work. Great team (even though scattered around the country).

The worst part was being laid off due to Govt $$ shortfalls.

The best part was being being able to work from home, maintaining a pretty good work/life balance.

The company itself was okay, if a bit distant. My supervisor wasn't always great, since they had very different modes of communications between written and telephone. You didn't always know where you stood. Could be frustrating.

Otherwise though, with a little higher pay, this would have been my dream job.
Good Internship
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 19, 2016
Enjoyed all of the people, they were very helpful and pleasant to work with. Not overly strict environment. As long as you completed work by deadline as was fine.
Company sold due to overall non-compliance
Principal Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 15, 2015
I loved my work and contribution as a Designer/Illustrator. I contributed with all the Proposal graphic design, concept illustrations and the Business and Development Marketing and trade shows. Due to a shortfall in this being a UK company the compliances required contributed to their downfall. The best of the best managers and staff were either let go or left before the clean sweep of the final days before the sale of the company. Before such happened the worst of the worst became the managers and they were terrible, inexperienced or totally serve serving and self centered. Too bad this company went under, but they only had the inept CEO to blame.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility
Cons
Totally inept CEO that brought the company to its knees and sold everyone out
Relaxed and fun to work
Communications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 10, 2015
With QinetiQ they understand that a helpdesk, though stressful, doesn't have to be the most stressful thing in your life. The management was friendly, would try to help out as much as they can if they see you getting stressed out, and would even assist on the phones when a system would become unavailable for an unexpected reason. We would take phone calls from the government client all day long but it wasn't difficult and many times the client on the phone would joke with us about the systems. Coworkers were many times overqualified for help desk technicians but that ensured the client was taken care of every time.
Pros
Friendly management, adjustable hours, free lunch from time to time, open to suggestions
Cons
No choice in hours worked
Great co-workers and work life balance
Contracts Coordinator and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 3, 2015
I still communicate with my old co workers and appreciate their support during my pregnancy and birth. I found out I was having twins less than a year after my tenure at Qinetiq. The news was received with support and caring. I was concerned since the company was undergoing a reorganization at the time. I always look back on that time with joy.
Pros
company work culture events, professional association meetings
Cons
change in management altered the culture
Merger ruined the company
Patriot Data Link Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 7, 2015
I worked for Westar, which was bought out buy QinetiQ. QNA came in and "aligned benefits". This really meant they cut benefits to increase their bottom dollar. Their bad! Everyone that mattered quit.
QinetiQ North America - a leader in custom-specialized technology and management processes
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 7, 2015
While working at QinetiQ North America, I provided program management utilizing the earned value management approach to various government contracts. QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to the defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Their product offerings include survivability, unmanned systems to power sensors and control systems and transportation solutions. Customers rely on their products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
Worked with a Product, Professional, and motivating companies
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaJune 19, 2015
Appreciative of the opportunities for personal and professional growth and interest in not only my personal needs, but my requests for improvement, guidance, and support when needed.
Pros
Dedicated to Employees for the most part.
Cons
Frequent Turnovers and Sell Outs.
great work atmosphere
Production Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh,Pa.November 21, 2014
A typical day at Qinetiq consisted of assembly, testing and when needed repair of military robots. It was a pleasure to be involved in the production of a product that was responsible for saving lives in the military theatre. The robots were used in search and removal of explosive ordinances. We were a very productive team of dedicated production specialists. We never missed a deadline and exceeded on many occasions, expectations of upper management. It was the most rewarding and enjoyable job I have ever had. When needed overtime was never a problem. Getting the job done was top priority.
Pros
control of vacation time, daylight shift and able to offset starting time
Cons
Home company was in Waltham, Mass.
Sinking Ship
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 3, 2014
Management is Corrupt, Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, young employees are compensated poorly and advancement is never given to anyone below a management level without leaving the company.

Co-Workers in general are incredible, brilliant minds and great hands on work. The products we develop are second to none.
Pros
Cool hands on work, Cutting edge product ideas
Cons
Management is corrupt, Salaries are well below industry average, You are not rewarded for your hard work
Soul Sucking and Life Draining
UAS Supervisory Data Monitor (Former Employee) –  N/AJanuary 14, 2015
Seek employment with this company at your own risk. This a government contractor. For a experienced professional they pay entirely to low. Salary and benefits for this company were poor. It was a 9-5 grind with little input from or guidance from the management. Poor communication to employees and often left in the dark on major issues.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.