QPSI Employee Reviews

Constant chaos
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAAugust 24, 2016
This was the worst place that I ever worked at. Constant turnover of Management and Production. No one seemed to realize that we were packaging pharmaceuticals and not fertilizer.
Pros
Cons
No leadership, low pay and long hours.
great work experience
label coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 11, 2016
It is a great place to work. I have learned a lot and am still learning to improve skills and work better for the company. QPSI has trained me in many different parts of the warehouse.
Productive and a learning experience
Quality Packing Specialist International (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 9, 2015
This company took over Excel in which I worked for. I was hired in as a warehouse clerk. I did inventory, shipping and receiving. Everything that came in and out the building went thru me. I made sure that all lines had the material they needed for the day's production. Everything there was a manual entry as P&G didn't allow us to have wireless other than their system. I enjoyed this job and went on to Rock Tenn when they took over QPSI.
produtive and very talkative
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAJanuary 7, 2015
I like to work it was a good job and the works on the floor were nice one of the biggest problems was they hire a lot of people who don't speak English. and we never had management on 2nd shift so we had to make calls for the team a lot of the time. like my boss would say call me then you call her when you had a problem and she wouldn't answer then text you back like 3 or 4 hours later.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no management, bad heathcare, no raises
Poorly managed, poor quality of product coming out
Quality Packaging Specialist Int (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INSeptember 15, 2012
Co workers worked very hard but could not overcome poor management both locally and from corporate. Hourly employees are paid very low rate for work they do and not allowed to leave the facility all day--only get one half hour lunch break--no morning or afternoon breaks.
Pros
co-workers worked very hard even under poor conditions.
Cons
low pay, poor benefits, poor management
Good
DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville,ILOctober 21, 2015
The company is a good temporary company, it is hard to move forward. Once you are hired on, it is hard to get anywhere else or move up.
Good learning experience
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PADecember 9, 2014
Manage the production in my room so I would meet my quot for the day. Had to check every product coming in and out of the room and document it in the appropriate folder. Than document everything on the computer for every order. Sometimes I would do two or three changeovers in a day.
Expectations and goals are high but salary structure is low.
QA Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJFebruary 24, 2015
It is ok to work for and extremely busy work day. The only concern is they are growing and a lot of managers are trying to transition it into a corporate environment, so hopefully that doesn't continue. Over all it's a ok company!
Good work enviroment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 24, 2014
Good place to work, would consider it to everyone. A typical day at work is getting there, working with good team members, unloading and loading trucks. I learned a lot when it comes down to warehouse work and working on the computer. Management was good they respect the workers.
Saftey was a main plus.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 24, 2013
A work schedule would vary from dayto day. We had to make a list in order to return on tomorrows list to work. We ran a The hardest part was working 12 strait hours with only a 30 minute break. I was laid off due to no work and a pay of 7.25 an hour.
Pros
saftey
Cons
ran out of work
close to home
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 22, 2012
Managed many different things also very busy office Handled all travel hotel flightr arragfements, car rentals scdheduled reservations for the conference room
Pros
learned alot about pharmacutical products
Cons
benifits werent that great
a place to earn money fast
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 14, 2015
you will get picked to be in a line. after you would get placed in what to do and you will pack things in boxes and let the other people pack it in bigger boxes.
Pros
sitting down
Cons
short breaks
QPSI was a difficult challenge.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 3, 2015
The days at QPSI were very long and demanding. We always seemed to be limited in our resources. Management seemed unwilling to invest more into the business to make the difference.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long hours.
Potential for greatness with proper guidane.
Documentation Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macungie PAFebruary 28, 2014
Small company expanding to unsure waters. Nice people that just need to become assured in Quality.
Pros
Small employee base allowed cooperation/cross training opertunities
Cons
Benefits, PTO
Reliable
assembly (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2013
This is a very reliable website to find career placement. I have worked for this agency before and would be willing to give them another shot in finding any employment
Pros
good company
Cons
no promising work
productive and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INApril 13, 2013
i absolutely enjoyed working at qpsi. there are so many wonderful people there and the work is not hard.
Pros
paid half hour lunch
Cons
no breaks besides half hour lunch
Reliable
QA/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis,tnMarch 4, 2013
Reliable work and hours
learned people managment
different co workers
training new workers each day
Pros
meet many people
Cons
constant management change
productive and fun work place
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2013
I showed up at work on time I never had a problem with anyone at this job I got alone with my co-workers fine
Cons
short breaks
ProductionPlant
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 19, 2012
My job here is to make sure all the HR/administrative duties are done on a daily basis.
No future there
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day starts off at 5 am. moving and scanning finished goods from second shift into staging areas on the racks or into shipping lanes for shipment for the day.As well as returning extra returns from the jobs to the rack locations.
Then I retrieve paperwork from emails for outgoing shipments for the day and pull from racks and scan then stage in shipping department.
As shipments come in off trucks I inspect and sign for the shipment.Then right a shipping report form and enter into AS400 and print labels.After sending copies of the AS400 form to Quality control I notify them of the location.After the inspection is complete I'll scan the tags and stage products in the designated warehouse.
Most of what I have learned comes from 21 years of experience working in warehouses and shipping and receiving in other companies.
The management in this company is very lax in their abilities to retrieve releases for outgoing jobs and coordinating with other departments for outgoing shipments.Shipments stand waiting in shipping for releases for hours before loading can be done.The lack of communication can be very stressful on the shipping department as well as the drivers waiting to be loaded.
I am one of 2 forklift operators for first shift.The other driver works pulling product for production and wrapping finished good for shipping.
I don't find my job hard since I'm a very organized person and can plan ahead for the next shipment and locating products.
The most enjoyable part of my job is I am left alone to organize things my way utilizing my years of experience to keep things
  more... organized and moving smoothly.
I have been at this company for 18 months with no pay increase,no bonuses,and a very bad benefit program.No vacation time until after one year of employment and you only acquire one vacation day every 9 weeks.You get 1 personal day after 16 weeks of work.
I worked for 18 months taking no sick or personal days and only missed days due to snow days that they closed the plant.
I can't see any room for advancement and am currently seeking a better work environment and a company to appreciate the hard work my years of experience has to offer.
Pros
I work independently and can organize things my way
Cons
No pay increases, bonuses, and a bad benefit program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QPSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9