Qsac

Qsac Employee Reviews

Disrespectful and Lack of Communication
Day Hab (Former Employee), Astoria, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pay was good, kids were wonderful
Cons: rude, unprofessional, dishonest
working with kids with autism was a great experience, the office staff weren't too friendly and most times you had to learn things on your own. The supervisor in the Floral Park site has favoritism and is too personal and unprofessional.

Overall I was displeased with this job and wasn't fully protected by the staff members.
Love the clients!
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NyMarch 10, 2015
Cons: not a good pay.
Love all my participants, an amazing experience. Learned a lot throughout the years and its really great to help these guys on so many levels everyday.
Fun , educational workplace, servicing needs of the disabled.
In- Home Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day of work at QSAC is very interesting, since I work in-home with my clients it can vary from day to day. I've learned how to better communicate with the disabled population. Management is always helpful as to any questions I may have. I have no co-workers because I work in home. The hardest part of the job is having to leave at the end of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is seeing progress, and that the client is happy.
Truly enjoyed working for QSAC
Habilitation Specialist/Support Counselor (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Truly enjoyed working for QSAC, the staff was and client were great
A great company to work for but many unprofessional supervisors
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
A typical workday consists of promoting independence, I've learned different things such as ways to help individuals cope with their disabilities an various levels, management is can be very hard to work for and with. Team work is always promoted however, not performed. The hardest part of the job is not being able to understand an individual who can not express themselves appropriately, the most enjoyable part is watching an individual use the coping skills you have taught them during problem solving.
Great QA Team
QA Specialist/Coordinator of Training (Current Employee), Astoria, NYOctober 13, 2014
Conduct training's in regulatory subjects either alone or with co-workers.
location
Family Services Scheduler (Current Employee), Astoria, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: nothing
great place to work good location

co-workers are nice

location is great
making a difference 12 moths of the year
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Douglaston, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: amazing experience
Cons: non
Preparing for and intense day of working with kids with disabilities.

Learning at QSAC, Everyday is different and my knowledge for the ABA field is expanding every minute

QSAC is an amazing place and its my most rewarding job ever.
Overall good
Medicaid Service Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: works with your schedule, benefits are good.
Cons: low wages
QSAC offers quality services in its MSC department. It is a great agency to work on building skills and becoming more fmailiar with OPWDD and family services. However, QSAC is a low paying agency.

My supervisor was amazingly helpful and dedicated in her work.
its fun and i learn alot each day
Habilitation specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2014
My typical day at work is productive and i enjoy working and co-operating with my co-workers and management team. the most enjoyable part of my job is going out on recreation with all the individuals and co-workers.
A typical workday....
Director of Training (Current Employee), Douglaston, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: time off, work culture, benefits
A typical workday consists of passion and purpose. Each day myself and my clinical team work together with staff, students, parents and families to bring the tools and strategies of applied behavior analysis to life. Whether its in a classroom training staff how to best work with their students, with parents in their homes or in the community, my mantra each day is "how can I serve".
Challenging and also Developmental
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Astoria, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: ability to sit and plaly with the client while teaching at the same time.
Cons: some non-caring staff
A typical work day involves waiting for the clients to come to the afterschool program provided and bring them up to their classrooms.
I have learned about how to deal with people with autism on topics such as: social interactions and tasks of daily living.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients who exhibits "behaviors" or "tantrums". Since most of our clients cannot express their feelings the way they would like or in a socially "acceptable" manner, sometimes they act out and it becomes difficult to deal with the client and the behavior.
The most enjoyable part is to see them learn something new that's been worked on for a while.
Co-workers are helpful for the most part. Not all. Some are kind and look like they want to see the new staff succeed.
Wonderful work experience
Group Leader (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: helping the children to learn new things, and watching them accomplish new goals
Cons: when the student gets frustrated, and shuts down whether it is a full behavor or as much as reverting inward
I would set up my classroom wait for my students to arrive
I would assign staff to students and assign myself to a child, If new staff came into my class I would give them a very detailed outline of about my students, how this classroom works and the dos and donts for the entire building including my class. I would give them a tour of the building showing them where everything was and letting them know the specific procedure such as fire drills and what needs to be done if one were to happen. After the students come in all the staff are assigned to students and are to help them with homework and then start in on bookwork. Once the students bookwork is done then the student is able to go into free place they can pick an activity and then the person that is assign to them is to engage with that student and students that join in, we also made it a point to try and get the students to interact with one another and also with the staff. When it was snack time all the students are joined together and they eat their snacks together and this helped for the students to interact better. They would clean up themselves and if they need help with lets say the vaccume we incourage them to ask. The other staff is there so I can teach them how to work with the students and learn with the hands on approach as well as trainings.
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: excellent company
Cons: management needs reality check
Loved every minute of working there. Co-workers was cool, individuals was cool. The management needed the training more than staff.
Great Start up
Residential Assistant-Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
This organization is expanding and very ambitious and supportive of the individuals that it services.
Intersting learning experience
Shift Supervisor/ Medical Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: conflict of interest within the work place
The part I enjoyed most about this job was the smiles from the individuals who relied on my assistance daily.
Qsac is an agency where you can grow as well as learn during the process.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2013
My typical day at wok includes light office duties, making sure the individuals are engaged in appropriate activities, and ensuring staff completes all assigned tasks. Ive learned a lot since I been with the agency such as different disabilities, medications, and state regulations. As a manager you have to think and act quick, treat everyone respectfully, as fair as possible, know your staff, and always be professional no matter the circumstances. You should always be kind and polite to your co- workers they are like your family away from home, you are around them more than your family. The hardest part of the job would be the challenging behaviors in which the individuals exhibit when something is wrong with them. When you know your individual, you know what gets them upset, what makes them happy, and seeing them happy is the best reward and the most enjoyable part of the job.
good job environment
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Astoria, NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: giving back
Cons: no room for grown in the company
This will always be one of my favorite jobs i have for the simple fact that i worked with autistic adults and children. Before having this job i didn't know anything about autism and it's a serious topic and till this day i spread autism awareness. This job taught me patience and a lot of it. A typical day would be be teaching motor skills in a one on one setting, then a community inclusion which would involve a trip to the park or the movies and putting those skills to the test to integrate consumers within the community. the hardest part of the day is when consumers have behaviors they dont always go as planned so we were trained to deal with situations accordingly so the consumer, innocent by standers or our selves get hurt.
Productive and Comfortable Work Setting
Therapy Assistant/Group Leader (Current Employee), Whitestone, NYMarch 25, 2013
QSAC's after school program in whitestone is an amazing place to work. It's flexible for college students, it requires training to become an amazing therapy assistant, it offers plenty of room for growth and advancement, and there is a great sense of comfort. It makes me feel like my co workers and supervisors are my family. I've learned how to treat and take care of those of disabilities. It made me appreciate those who are less fortunate, and made me want to provide a great atmosphere for them. Management is amazing. They push for us to be great at what we do. My co-workers are level headed, easy to talk to, and great encouragers. The hardest part of the job is when there is hardly any staff for a day, and there are so many kids and paper work to complete within the span of three hours; but I always seem to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I first get there, excited to see my consumers and staff. When we join together and play a game with all of he children and seeing everyone smiling and happy.
Review
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Whitestone, NYAugust 8, 2012
Pros: the children can be rewarding to work with.
Cons: not enough staff a lot of the time, can be stressful.
The environment was laid back sometimes. The kids can be rewarding to work with sometimes. The bookwork was very strict a lot of the time. I enjoyed when we did art stuff with them; it seemed to relax the kids most times.