Qsac Employee Reviews

Good work place and you meet a lot of amazing people but thats about it.
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 8, 2017
My occurring problem working with this company is that no one can ever seem to help they aways find a way to transfer your call or redirect you some where else. Also i had been working for the company over two and they where holding back giving me a raise until the last minute. the only reason why I've lasted so long working for this company is because the family that i work with and if it wasn't for them i would already left the company.
Pros
get to empower a lot of amazing people
Cons
HORRIBLE Management, Very low pay compare to similar companies
Hab Spec
Habilitation Specialist / Group Leader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 14, 2017
I feel direct care workers or Habilitaion Specialist are grossly underpayed due to our level of training to aide the needs of mentally disabled indivividuals. We become SCIP Certified , BLS certified etc and many begin with a salary of only 25,000 and the raises are to little.Many workers hold Degress in the Human Service Field.
Pros
Experience to aide with mentally disabled individual needs with profiency
Cons
lack of pay and burn out
Great Ideas, needs better emplyees
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollis, NYJune 5, 2017
i enjoyed working with the consumers, but most of the staff was very mean to the consumers and management did not care about complaints. i couldn't stand to see the poor consumers treated badly. the job itself was easy, but the location's staff needs to be re-evaluated.
Cut throat Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 5, 2017
The politics are crazy. There's no real separation of Professional and Personal relationships. Staff can be rather immature. Too many chiefs not enough Indians!
close to home but not a proactive work place
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 2, 2017
management stinks and the pay could be much better. All in all there is a comfort being close to home.The hardest part of the job could be management.
Pros
close to home no real commuting
Cons
not proactive
Its a cool place to work...
GROUP LEADER (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Harbor, NYMay 31, 2017
Not to crazy about the staff that works. Management does not try to understand situations in the classroom. Classes are always under staff. They have great benefits, and its also unionize.
Pros
The hours are great.
Cons
The pay isn't all that great compared to the work that we do.
Rewarding Job
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYMay 31, 2017
Working with the autistic community has been a pleasure. The job gave me an ABA certification. This job has been rewarding and satisfying. Learning how to communicate and engage with these individuals was a pleasure. Working at QSAC has taught me that not every autistic person is the same, each person is an individual and each person has their own likes and dislikes.
Qsac
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 26, 2017
Working at QSAC is an amazing experience. Many opportunities to grow here. I would recommend everyone to work here. While being apart of QSAC I was able to learn how to communicate with individuals who have a diagnosis. Everyone works together to get the job done.
Pros
Family oriented
Working for qsac
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 17, 2017
I like working with my team but as far as management goes it was bad

The hardest part of the job was the behaviors

I enjoyed the clients I work with
Productive Place to work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Floral Park, NYMay 16, 2017
My typical day was filled with many activities and many learning opportunities. It was always a pleasure working with my team and learning from my team.
hands on at all time keeping it busy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
A typical day at QSAC involve greeting the individuals as they come in, asking them how there day was and preparing them for the evening. Making sure snack is taken out and if any recreational activities are scheduled escorting them to set activity. Making phone calls to family members and supervisor as needed. counting funds and and making sure all documents are current.
Pros
building bonds with individuals and families
Good team approach. Decent compensation
Operations Manager/Behavior Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYMarch 26, 2017
Good small agency that is growing tremendously. Good smart management and decent compensation for employees. High pressure and accountability though but for one able to cope with stress, it is a nice place to work for
Great place to work if you're trying to get into the DD field
Residential Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
I have had a great experience working at QSAC, Inc. upper management have always been understanding and easy to work with. Job sites are a bit out of the way, but no real complaints,
professional social services agency
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
Worked for a family, but obtained training and supervision from this agency. Agency provided supervision for program that paid me to support children with autism.
ok to start
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglaston, NYMarch 3, 2017
This is an ok work place to start out if you are interested in working with special needs children. They teach you ABA and how to run programs. Children are great but there is a lot of lazy staff members. There is not much growth within preschool and the pay for TA's is not great considering all the work we do. Preschool is located far for me but overall its an ok preschool.
Pros
Children
Cons
Location and pay
Great environment to work with kids.
Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
I work on a daily basis with children diagnosed with autism. Every children has different needs, therefore, we develop work and a schedule that works best for the needs of the individual child. It is a safe and warm environment to work it. I enjoy working with my students.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low wage
Was a laid back environement
Community Habitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I learned how to work with autistic individuals It was a fun laid back place. I educated young individuals on the important of health, diet and fitness. I made sure to record their progress throughout the weeks.
Productive and a great place to improve your skills
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Working with Individuals with autisim is a great experience. Helping them with day to day activities is very enjoyable. QSAC is a great company with a vision to do good.
Pros
A place to grow and expends your skills.
Cons
No breaks.
Qsac
Habilitation specialist (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJanuary 12, 2017
The company is okay but I do feel some site or not organized and need improving . Wish they had lunch breaks feel like they over work people at times and they are bad with problem solving
Pros
Union
Cons
No lunch break and no structure
productive
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Floral Park, NYJanuary 12, 2017
I love my job, everyday is a new experience. Getting to know the individuals, they likes and dislikes. I have been at this job now for over 9 years and I enjoy what I do
Pros
getting to know my individuals/ helping
Cons
when you have done all you can for them and its time for them to move on.