QSI Employee Reviews in United States

good job i enjoyed it
Engineer, Sanitation, Garbage or Trash Collection (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, GAAugust 2, 2016
great work place with different ethnictys.job was easy clean machines for daily work process.very loyal boss man this was one of my favorite jobs
Work life balance...not really
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 24, 2016
The doers (not management) come together as a family. If someone needs help people are willing help even if they are overloaded.
Pros
Allow to think outside the box for client needs.
Cons
Work life balance they talk about but do not truly apply it, Working all hours due the restraints on the amount of staff and workload., If a staff member leaves not replaced, Existing has to do the work, No balance for life, Advancement is challenging.
Annual layoffs are the norm there
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 6, 2016
Worked for this company for 5 years, left and then came back because I believed in this company and always believed I would work till I retired for this company. Unfortunately they do layoffs about once a year and I got laid off in the last go round.
Pros
Good pay, flexible work hours (I worked from home)
Cons
Poor managment, new leadership that came in and made massive changes and layoffs
work at Qsi
Sanitation Laborer (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAMay 2, 2016
I learned how to clean shoots and work with chemicals properly.most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning and sanitizing machine it kept me busyand i enjoyed do it.my co workers where good to work with and where very helpful doing assignments.Hardest part of the job was when u had to wipe the ceiling after cleaning the machines because u couldn't hardly tell where the water was on the ceilng .
Pros
good hours
Cons
benifits
Area Manager with alot to do
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 20, 2016
Travel from plant to plant reviewing budgets and making sure we are following procedure and policy. Staying in hotels and eating out are a health hazard. Hiring people would be the hardest thing to do because they have a lot of free time and are self motivated.
Pros
freedom
Cons
alot of traveling
Productive workplace
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 8, 2016
My days at work consist of time management representing the company through client interactions. I learned how to manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines as well as helping my co-workers maintain fluent work flow. The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing from the company's clients taking time to inform QSI their praising and admiration of my work ethics, manners, and professionalism during our interactions.
Pros
The ability to manage multiple tasks
Cons
The company was not big enough for moving up in the ranks.
Changing environment
Business Analyst, clincial (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2016
Many changes are occurring at this company. I feel very positive about the future. the culture is improving but is still a work in progress
Pros
decent salary, new C level management
Cons
lack of consistency in goals, Austin office closed
was a great place to work
MACHINE CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NCFebruary 14, 2016
i enjoyed cleaning the machines the hardest part of my job was my supervisor and how he talked to his team members. the most enjoyable part of this job was my team and the hard work we done together
It was an okay job to start with out of college
Marketing Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Learned alot about the healthcare industry and where it is heading. Company going through some changes but will be a player in HIT.
i love working for the vets
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 20, 2016
you gotta stay strong for some of the things you see in hospital my manager was tough lady went with all rules so we can keep up the good work as keeping the hospital clean
Pros
we had to bring are own lunch
Cons
30 min lunch brakes
good work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, NEJanuary 1, 2016
co-workers excellent. local management a little iffy. overall enjoyed my time there, good benefits package, fairly good salary
productive
sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCDecember 16, 2015
On a typical day it is pretty enjoyable, productive and fast paste. Also the environment was very difficult to work it it was very cold and chemicals were so strong they would make you sick at times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brakes if you were able to get one
Innovated people and ideas
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 24, 2015
Cutting edge ideas with a personal touch to the way we work and the culture in the work place. Learning new technologies with a supportive management staff.
HR/Administrative Assistant
Administrative Support Coordinator Assistant / HR (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IowaOctober 24, 2015
I hired and trained new employees. I filled all paper work electronically and in folders. I used multiple computer programs. I did all office work such as paper work, back ground checks, citizenship checks and other office duties.
Awesome company
Laborer/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAOctober 20, 2015
It was fast paced environment and I was motivated by the people around me. They were all positive people that I enjoyed being around made work really easy.
Pros
Cleaning is one of the things i like doing
Cons
Easy to get layed off
Fun workplace short hours paid full time
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lewiston NCAugust 10, 2015
I get to work around 10:45pm and begin to dress out to work around 11:30pm. My first objective is to spray two medium sized machines with bleach and hand wipe them down with a scrub pad and soapy water. If i get pushed for time (machines can get very dirty at times and we have a set time to be in and out) my co-workers help if they can and I do the same for them if needed. I'm normally done by 12:30 then I'll beak till 1:30am. From there I'll head to a bigger area where there is maybe 16 people working on a couple machines that are all combined. This area we use high pressure water hoses to spray the machines down then spray them with bleach and wipe then down with soapy water then spray hem off again with water.
The job isn't hard. The people I work with makes my job very enjoyable and interesting.
Pros
Short hours but paid for a full eight
Cons
Always come out wet and its a night shift
I learned state policies and regulations of cleaning and maintain a safe and clean environment and work area.
sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NCJuly 31, 2015
Training consisted of 3 days, and not hands on. You watch others do your job for three, eight hour shifts. I constantly stayed wet and sick. Co-workers were not disciplined in there work ethics. Hardest part of the job, was just keeping your area clean.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Undisciplined co-workers, training needs to be improved, and they need better PPE.
Very stable job with a great work environment
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Spencer, INJuly 28, 2015
a typical day is showing up 15 minutes early getting ready for the day to start, prepping my cnc. making sure I have product ready to cut and making sure all jobs for that day are cut, built, and sanded.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
The pay could be higher for some of the positions they offer.
Terrible work environement
Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 26, 2015
this job requires you to be soaked with no breaks at all times, work with chemicals harsh to your lungs. work with other equiptment for long periods of time without a break working 7 days a week makes you tired overnight
Pros
work 6 hours get paid for 8
Cons
no breaks always wet
Very productive
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NCMay 15, 2015
A typical nights work was operating machines. Breaking the machines down. Mixing chemicals and solutions together to maintain cleanliness of the work area. My co-workers and I worked as a team to make sure all of the job duties were met.

2.9