Pros: pay package, working conditions
Cons: health insurance
My days consisted of the following:
• Project Management: Managed facility equipment installation, manning requirements, and production requirements.
• Trained supervisors, and production staff.
• Achieved production targets (output, waste reduction) through the use of lean manufacturing methodology.
• Managed inventory levels to within budget (Inventory Control).
• Supervised all aspects of production in Prepress and Quality departments.
• Coordinated 24/7 work/vacation schedules across multiple shifts, handed out daily work assignments,
conducted employee performance evaluations, administered disciplinary action.
• Strategic Business Planning: Planed & managed integration from conventional prepress to a 100% digital
workflow. Attained significant reduction in labor through integration to CTP.
• Formulated &/maintained quality control objectives to corporate policy and goals.
• Created and implemented inspection criteria and procedures.
• Achieved #1 ranking in corporate 2009 safety program ensured a safe and accident-free work place.
• Applied total quality management tools to optimize efficiency, structured discipline, met on-time delivery
requirements, enhanced customer satisfaction, and reduced quality complaints.
• Participated in quality management team as Corrective Action Plan (CAP) administrator.
• Oversaw manufacturing tools and equipment in excess of $1 million dollars
• Defined and wrote standard operating procedures in accordance to ISO9000 Standards
• Directed quality procedures to ensure QW9000 Quality Standards were consistency met.
• Conducted weekly quality – more... control conference calls and made periodic customer visits to discuss and resolve
Was privileged to work with hundreds of people over the years, learned a great deal from senior management group and built great relationships with folks on the floor. Hardest part part of the job was dealing with the customer when we failed to meet their expectation. the most enjoyable part of the job was watching employees grow become more skilled and confident in what they were doing. Receiving accolades from our customers for job well done. – less