QUAD Employee Reviews

Large company
floorcare 2 (Former Employee), Sussex, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 10 years of service
Cons: winter weather and the cold temperature, s during time.
6pm to 4am those hours,Working for the child care center and cleaning and sanatition of counter top,s and mopping of floor,s and window,s and check trash and cleaning of kitchen area and cleaning of glass and cleaning of carpetcare and burishing floorcare.and cleaning of sink,s and cleaning with chemical,s and glass cleaner with squee and mitt. and of vaccuming of carpet and cleaning of wall,s. Great management to work with at the workplace, and great co-worker,s, Taking care of trash to the dock area and dealing the winter and the cold. weather.. Interaction,s with co-worker,s and plant personal at the large company.
very encourageing work place. fun and friendly co workers.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly enviornment
Cons: seasonal employment
I loved the training and encouragement that I was given as an employee of Bell Properties. I disliked that my position was only seasonal, I felt that I could have grown more within the company. I enjoyed the desk work and the filing and following up with the residents and potential residents there. The day to day tasks of running the office were fun and kept me busy. There wasn't a down day.
The office staff that trained me were very thorough and I never felt lost if I had a question.
do not work for them
Resident Manager/Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 12, 2014
Cons: they are hostile
I want to live on site resident manager and maintenance man
they were constant harassment and pushing people to quite
professional
LPN (Current Employee), Petersburg, INSeptember 3, 2014
Job not secure enough to sustain permanent placement of employees. More advertising should be done to secure clients to support staff.
Good working relationships with co-workers
Press Maintanence (Current Employee), Lomira, WIAugust 22, 2014
12 hour shifts are long but made it nice because there are more days off during the week, enjoyed working with co-workers and other departments. Learned many useful skills that will help me in future jobs.
Face paced stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Taunton, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: shorter workday, company functions on holidays
Cons: healthcare, 24/7 calls if needed
Face paced environment. Constant phone calls, emails with interaction between production and customers.
Interaction with scheduling, purchasing, prep, press, bindery, shipping and billing department on a daily basis as jobs progress through the facility.
I've learned prioritization of my workspace in a fast paced environment. Balancing customer dissappointment when it happens.
Knowledge of printing & binding of books from start to finish.
Ordering materials for different bind styles, etc.
Hardest part of my job is customer disappointment with a final product however I enjoy finding a way to turn that around and show them that we are commited to their needs. If something isn't correct or to their satisfaction we will take the time to make it right.
I work well with my co-workers and have good communication with each department.
Hard people to work with.
Finishing Technician (Former Employee), Fairfield, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: each day was a different challenge.
Cons: short breaks, lack of personal respect
My typical day varied everyday. I was usually bounced around from different workstations either throughout my day or over a course of a week. They don't have a personal respect for you as a person. To them, you're just a body doing a job. But the jobs within the factory are so monotonous that they can get boring quickly.
QuadTech was a nice company, however, being in the printing industry there never was a feeling of security.
Senior Executive Assistant/Event Planner (Former Employee), Sussex, WIJuly 26, 2013
Pros: on site cafeteria, good healthcare
Cons: no profit sharing for 2 years, 401k contribution low.
I enjoyed my position working with many international people on trade shows and meeting planning.
Excellent environment for creative individuals
ITR / Sales Assistant (Current Employee), South Beloit, ILJuly 15, 2013
Great place to cultivate manufacturing and leadership skills.
Corporate has a great work/life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lomira, WIApril 29, 2013
Pros: great fitness center, healthy eating choices in our cafe
Cons: not all plants are run in the same manner & lose the family feel
Corporate (Sussex) is very strong on family ideals & has created a great balance between work & life. Has an awesome fitness center to go to anytime during the day, work permitting & has doctors on staff.
I would like to join a good company that i can grow.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Thomaston, GAApril 17, 2013
Pros: worked twelve hours with 30min break
Cons: short breaks 10 min
I worked as a press handler made sure all catalogs was proper printed labeled all pallets forklift ect.
An active, fast-paced, united work environment
Managing Editor (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 14, 2013
I've really enjoyed my time at The Quad. There, I've taken on many roles - from Advertising Manager, to Managing Editor, to Staff Writer. But no matter what my role, working at the Quad has always been and exciting and interesting learning experience. Working together with my peers to create a weekly publication is challenging, rewarding, and fun.
hard work but worth it
temp (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: fun easy employees/employers
Cons: 12 hr shifts
pay was great 12 hour shifts were demanding but I like working so it was worth it
Good place to work, high standards
Pressroom and Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Taunton, MANovember 9, 2012
The day went quick due to the amount and variety of work.
I learned a lot about webpress printing.
My managers were high quality guys.
Learned something new everyday about the paper management system.
Paper Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHJune 12, 2012
Pros: information and new ideas learned everday, which made the job fun everyday
Cons: the paper plant was bought and closed..
A typical day was center around the paper warehouse, the magazine and newpaper press machines, constant clamp truck damages that needed to be processed and receiving thousands of pounds of paper rolls from several companies and truck services.
My manager is the smartest man I will ever work with. I learned so much from him, dealing with managing and saving money, creating and processing paper claims, and budget management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was learning to drive a clamp truck, educated myself on magazine and newspaper press machines, and the overall friendly work environment.
Quad was a good place to work, people and family oriented with great benefits.
Tech 1 (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 13, 2012
A day at work consisted of going to each of the machines and checking the quality of magazines, taking the count of each machine’s total book count. Working and helping group leaders’ produce excellent product. Conferring with managers and supervisors about our product and going through hourly pulls (inventory) when needed. Worked alongside some of the best coworkers, they were always there to give a helping hand when needed. A hard time was trying to get out a dated magazine. A good time was running a magazine wide open and not shutting down, which was a lot of the time.