QUAD Employee Reviews in United States

It's a good company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 9, 2016
Quad graphics it's a good company to work for. They have too much equipment and big building that creates an opportunity to learn different things. Coworkers are great always willing to help. Company is very organized. My day starts with getting my computer checked for any notes or emails from my boss or corporate. Then check what job is assign to me on the board so I can get all the information about the job then went out and completed and make my report. Also while I m working on it be able to answer and calls:pages from any line that is having any problems
Pros
Healthcare
Workd for 29 yrs
Digital Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my job since it gave me the opportunity to learn new software and interact with customers

Job got outsourced out of the country.
Great benefits if you can work 12 hour days...
2nd oporater (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 29, 2016
A work day at quad is pretty boring. you stand in one spot for hours and rarely have any one to talk to. You get two 20 minute breaks. you work 12 hour days. The hard part about that is the 12 hours you have between shifts. with travel time, sleeping and eating, you don't have much time for much else. the management that i had was great! very understanding and willing to help. co-works where the same. easy to talk to and ask questions. the 3-4 day weekends are great along with the benefits. the 12 hour days are the killers.
Plenty of hours in a miserable place.
Stitcher Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 12, 2016
Lots of hours, room to grow. Management doesn't care about employees what so ever. Can't leave on break to get food but breaks are paid.
My Opinion with working with Quad Graphics was great.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2016
I experienced working with lots of different people. There were different personalities to deal with. I managed to work with them. That was the hardest part , because they come in and don't want to do the work, while I am operating the machine. I am trying to make production daily. But some of my workers would not cooperate. There were times when I had to run the machine myself.
demoralized and beat up
distribution (Current Employee) –  Lomira, WIJune 27, 2016
Good company turned bad

Not enough pay and.average benefits

They need to clean.house and start over
they closed the plant
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atglen, PAJune 17, 2016
bought up all valuable customers, then closed the plant. we all knew it was going to happen. we saw this coming a mile away
Never a dull minute, constant change, always learning new things
IT Site Coordinator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  SussexJune 5, 2016
Typical day at work started off looking at all the calls the help desk sent to us for support, we serviced all IT related hardware. After I had that under control (who could handle what), I then checked the MC Service requests, these were typically phone related issues, and then would look at all IT related product requests submitted for my plants, verifying the equipment they ordered were correct (hard drives, memory, printers, and such). I also verified time entries were entered, safety quizzes were completed. I learned how to mulit-task very quickly. My co-workers were great resources, everyone worked ask a team. We all helped each other out as much as we could, would run idea's by each others. The hardest part of the job was time restraint, so much to do, in so little time. I loved the customer service part of the job, working with so many people, and so many pieces of hardware.
Pros
On-Site Health Care
Cons
On-Call 24x7
Employed
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  NOT AVAILABLEApril 26, 2016
Its a job and pays the bills. The company has a a very high turnover rate so work is available. Management and leadership is not afraid to use the power of fear, bullying tactics, verbal abuse, or any other tactics a tyrant might use to get what they want from their employees.
High Energy, Awesome people
Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2016
Excellant salary, excellant benefits, unstable industry, declining volume.
Upper management very involved with lower levels, trust in trust is an awesome idea. Very forward looking. Just a shame they are in a low margin, declining industry.
Became progressively overwhelming until they pulled the plug
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAApril 14, 2016
Progressively had to do more with less help. Forced to work mandatory overtime days that sometimes fell in the middle of our time off. Overtime was there if you wanted it.
Pros
Paid 20 minute lunch
Cons
Sometimes had to cut lunches short or miss breaks
awesome place to work
2nd shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Beloit, ILApril 8, 2016
Love my job learn something new evey day. Setup and startup of an array of injection molding machines.nI have learned alot with this company,
Family Atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 6, 2016
Disappointed to see the doors closed after working with so many people for 30 years. We were like a family and now we are all torn apart. I hope to find another place of employment that can come close to filling the void.
Pros
The co-workers all worked together, great benifits
Cons
Discontinued holiday parties
A great company.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 31, 2016
Quad/Graphics is a great printing company that is being negatively affected by technology. I did not leave Quad/Graphics. My position was eliminated as part of a $100 million cost cut.
Pros
Very progressive
Cons
Printing Industry
productive
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 24, 2016
a typical day at quad was feeding the loaders with the products, it was not a hard job once you set your pace. My coworkers were the best and some became my best friends. The hardest part of the job was training someone who wanted to do things their way.
Pros
free lunch or jackets, or t-shirts for good production
Cons
two twenty minute breaks for a twelve hour shift
Overall solid place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIFebruary 25, 2016
Long 12 hour shifts, money was well-earned
Plenty of overtime
Positive culture
Great benefits
Co-workers were enjoyable
In-house clinic and gym
Room for advancement
Pros
Holiday lunches, great benefits, available OT
Company
Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsFebruary 16, 2016
I appreciate all the years and opportunities I had at Quad. I worked in many areas of the facilities and in many states. I traveled extensively during a 15 year period.
Good / but Down sizing
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Quad/Graphics purchased Brown Printing's Three plants in May 2014
At this time only one of them remains open. They also closed at least 3 other previously purchased plants since May 2014.

Reported to have opportunities for advancement, but most of the Corporate promotions were people employed at their Quad legacy plants, not from locations purchased by them.

I was a long term dedicated worker laid off before the announcement of the impending plant closure.
Pros
fair pay, good benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
purchase uniforms refund not worth the effort to return on layoff
I wish them the best but
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAFebruary 3, 2016
My frustration with working there as a production guy was their computer user interface that keeps track of job counts, waste and entering maintenance requests. Everything we did was central to that working and we lost many hours trying to do a simple job.

There is too much going on with that and it needs to be simplified or redesigned.

We had a good crew at work but it was hard to get equipment fixed maybe because they had their minds made up about our closure.
Pros
safety first
Cons
job eliminated
Productive, friendly staff, fun learning experience.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
I learned how to clean with extreme attention to detail. how to use cleaning machinery and mix chemicals.Learned many valuable skills including event planning. overall a great and enjoyable job experience! I highly recommend this job to anyone
Pros
good pay, fun experience, excellent staff.
Cons
Poor hours, management couldn't afford to pay me full time.

2.7