QUAD Employee Reviews

Very un-trusting and highly competitive work environment.
Express Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 22, 2017
NOT a pleasant place to work. Sales department is highly dishonest from upper management down to the sales people. I have seen sales people come and go due to the lack of ethics in the sales department.
Pros
The service department is the only good thing about Quad-Cities Nissan.
Cons
You can't trust anyone, they will back stab anyone to get to where they want to go, Terrible customer service.
Very productive
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 9, 2016
It's very fast paced company,its a pay by performance company,inurace isn't the best but not the worst out there shifts very,dont like working 8 hr shifts prefer to work 12 hr shifts
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Very productive, efficient as possible
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIOctober 27, 2016
You come in check in with the operator, talk to the previous shift worker if there's any problems I need to address with the machines. I learned to be efficient and effective and developed techniques to make my job as such. Everybody I worked with was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my part time position because I was able to choose the days I wanted to work. The hard thing was for full-timers because it gets hard to balance work and life.
Pros
Good environment, never experienced anything bad
Cons
Short breaks, hard to balance work and life with 12 hour shifts
Good place to work and Good peoples
2nd Pressman Machine operator (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAOctober 27, 2016
I honestly appreciate to quad graphics for giving me the opportunity to work with them because i learn a lot about safety team work and be a lider as it was my first job in a well known company.
Thanks to them I learned how to operate machines that serves me as an experience for other jobs. They gave me the opportunity to work with good colleagues and learn everything that has to do with printing.
The hardest part was when the machine was damaged but thanks to them and my coworkers with each passing day i learned something new and over time the job became easier.
The most enjoyable part was working with my colleagues and see step by step how the catalogs were being made...
Company undergoing change
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KYSeptember 28, 2016
A challenging environment maintaining production schedules and employee relations. Plant is undergoing some major changes. The Digital platform is expanding quickly.
>Teamwork
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Excellent work enviornment. Clincal setup was excellent. Patients always felt welcomed and were giving excellent service and care.
Productive and fun place to be.
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Sussex, WISeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at quad consist of a lot of unpredictable events. The machine might go down one day or we may be short product the next day. I do my best at making sure my job is being done to the best of my abilities. Coworker are very helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job for me is working with people who aren't team oriented. The easiest part is feeding pockets.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
fun
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PASeptember 7, 2016
this company is a family business that we work as a team. everyone are friendly and kind to there co-worker. it a ready hurt job depend on department the most enjoyable of the job it the scheduler.
fast paced good support
planner production support (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVAugust 30, 2016
I worked for quad for 30+ years then they decided to cut down and eliminated my position just to save a few dollars Enjoyed working with the people like the researching part of my job
Layed back atmosphere
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAAugust 26, 2016
Work was accurate and safety was number one which was good. Communication was off though between departments. Just the commute was difficult at times ..
Great working enviroment, good benefits and exciting job challenges
Group Controller Manager (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIAugust 22, 2016
It is a fast pace working environment. Interact with the financial corporate office with several daily meetings and respond analysis requests and on going continues improvement processes. Involved on Project management from Budgeting and Stratigic planning coordination and lead month end close process and financial analysis with in 4 days after close. Co-workers are helpful and professional. Some egos, but overall they are friendly and team workers. Hardest part of the Job is understanding the operational systems as IT are busy on creating and changing , but not involving finance with the changes. Also, hard to approach operations upper management due to their busy schedules.
Enjoy managing my direct reports, work on improvements on month end close and processes, financial analysis and budgeting and forecast.
Pros
Work independent, benefits
Cons
work long hours, e-mails after hours and on weekends
It's a good company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 9, 2016
Quad graphics it's a good company to work for. They have too much equipment and big building that creates an opportunity to learn different things. Coworkers are great always willing to help. Company is very organized. My day starts with getting my computer checked for any notes or emails from my boss or corporate. Then check what job is assign to me on the board so I can get all the information about the job then went out and completed and make my report. Also while I m working on it be able to answer and calls:pages from any line that is having any problems
Pros
Healthcare
Workd for 29 yrs
Digital Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my job since it gave me the opportunity to learn new software and interact with customers

Job got outsourced out of the country.
Great benefits if you can work 12 hour days...
2nd oporater (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 29, 2016
A work day at quad is pretty boring. you stand in one spot for hours and rarely have any one to talk to. You get two 20 minute breaks. you work 12 hour days. The hard part about that is the 12 hours you have between shifts. with travel time, sleeping and eating, you don't have much time for much else. the management that i had was great! very understanding and willing to help. co-works where the same. easy to talk to and ask questions. the 3-4 day weekends are great along with the benefits. the 12 hour days are the killers.
Plenty of hours in a miserable place.
Stitcher Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 12, 2016
Lots of hours, room to grow. Management doesn't care about employees what so ever. Can't leave on break to get food but breaks are paid.
My Opinion with working with Quad Graphics was great.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2016
I experienced working with lots of different people. There were different personalities to deal with. I managed to work with them. That was the hardest part , because they come in and don't want to do the work, while I am operating the machine. I am trying to make production daily. But some of my workers would not cooperate. There were times when I had to run the machine myself.
demoralized and beat up
distribution (Current Employee) –  Lomira, WIJune 27, 2016
Good company turned bad

Not enough pay and.average benefits

They need to clean.house and start over
they closed the plant
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atglen, PAJune 17, 2016
bought up all valuable customers, then closed the plant. we all knew it was going to happen. we saw this coming a mile away
Never a dull minute, constant change, always learning new things
IT Site Coordinator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  SussexJune 5, 2016
Typical day at work started off looking at all the calls the help desk sent to us for support, we serviced all IT related hardware. After I had that under control (who could handle what), I then checked the MC Service requests, these were typically phone related issues, and then would look at all IT related product requests submitted for my plants, verifying the equipment they ordered were correct (hard drives, memory, printers, and such). I also verified time entries were entered, safety quizzes were completed. I learned how to mulit-task very quickly. My co-workers were great resources, everyone worked ask a team. We all helped each other out as much as we could, would run idea's by each others. The hardest part of the job was time restraint, so much to do, in so little time. I loved the customer service part of the job, working with so many people, and so many pieces of hardware.
Pros
On-Site Health Care
Cons
On-Call 24x7
Employed
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  NOT AVAILABLEApril 26, 2016
Its a job and pays the bills. The company has a a very high turnover rate so work is available. Management and leadership is not afraid to use the power of fear, bullying tactics, verbal abuse, or any other tactics a tyrant might use to get what they want from their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUAD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8