QUAD

QUAD Employer Reviews

professional
LPN (Current Employee), Petersburg, INSeptember 3, 2014
Job not secure enough to sustain permanent placement of employees. More advertising should be done to secure clients to support staff.
Good working relationships with co-workers
Press Maintanence (Current Employee), Lomira, WIAugust 22, 2014
12 hour shifts are long but made it nice because there are more days off during the week, enjoyed working with co-workers and other departments. Learned many useful skills that will help me in future jobs.
Face paced stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Taunton, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: shorter workday, company functions on holidays
Cons: healthcare, 24/7 calls if needed
Face paced environment. Constant phone calls, emails with interaction between production and customers.
Interaction with scheduling, purchasing, prep, press, bindery, shipping and billing department on a daily basis as jobs progress through the facility.
I've learned prioritization of my workspace in a fast paced environment. Balancing customer dissappointment – more... when it happens.
Knowledge of printing & binding of books from start to finish.
Ordering materials for different bind styles, etc.
Hardest part of my job is customer disappointment with a final product however I enjoy finding a way to turn that around and show them that we are commited to their needs. If something isn't correct or to their satisfaction we will take the time to make it right.
I work well with my co-workers and have good communication with each department. – less
Hard people to work with.
Finishing Technician (Former Employee), Fairfield, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: each day was a different challenge.
Cons: short breaks, lack of personal respect
My typical day varied everyday. I was usually bounced around from different workstations either throughout my day or over a course of a week. They don't have a personal respect for you as a person. To them, you're just a body doing a job. But the jobs within the factory are so monotonous that they can get boring quickly.
QuadTech was a nice company, however, being in the printing industry there never was a feeling of security.
Senior Executive Assistant/Event Planner (Former Employee), Sussex, WIJuly 26, 2013
Pros: on site cafeteria, good healthcare
Cons: no profit sharing for 2 years, 401k contribution low.
I enjoyed my position working with many international people on trade shows and meeting planning.
Excellent environment for creative individuals
ITR / Sales Assistant (Current Employee), South Beloit, ILJuly 15, 2013
Great place to cultivate manufacturing and leadership skills.
Corporate has a great work/life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lomira, WIApril 29, 2013
Pros: great fitness center, healthy eating choices in our cafe
Cons: not all plants are run in the same manner & lose the family feel
Corporate (Sussex) is very strong on family ideals & has created a great balance between work & life. Has an awesome fitness center to go to anytime during the day, work permitting & has doctors on staff.
I would like to join a good company that i can grow.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Thomaston, GAApril 17, 2013
Pros: worked twelve hours with 30min break
Cons: short breaks 10 min
I worked as a press handler made sure all catalogs was proper printed labeled all pallets forklift ect.
An active, fast-paced, united work environment
Managing Editor (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 14, 2013
I've really enjoyed my time at The Quad. There, I've taken on many roles - from Advertising Manager, to Managing Editor, to Staff Writer. But no matter what my role, working at the Quad has always been and exciting and interesting learning experience. Working together with my peers to create a weekly publication is challenging, rewarding, and fun.
hard work but worth it
temp (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: fun easy employees/employers
Cons: 12 hr shifts
pay was great 12 hour shifts were demanding but I like working so it was worth it
Good place to work, high standards
Pressroom and Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Taunton, MANovember 9, 2012
The day went quick due to the amount and variety of work.
I learned a lot about webpress printing.
My managers were high quality guys.
Learned something new everyday about the paper management system.
Paper Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHJune 12, 2012
Pros: information and new ideas learned everday, which made the job fun everyday
Cons: the paper plant was bought and closed..
A typical day was center around the paper warehouse, the magazine and newpaper press machines, constant clamp truck damages that needed to be processed and receiving thousands of pounds of paper rolls from several companies and truck services.
My manager is the smartest man I will ever work with. I learned so much from him, dealing with managing and – more... saving money, creating and processing paper claims, and budget management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was learning to drive a clamp truck, educated myself on magazine and newspaper press machines, and the overall friendly work environment. – less
Quad was a good place to work, people and family oriented with great benefits.
Tech 1 (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 13, 2012
A day at work consisted of going to each of the machines and checking the quality of magazines, taking the count of each machine’s total book count. Working and helping group leaders’ produce excellent product. Conferring with managers and supervisors about our product and going through hourly pulls (inventory) when needed. Worked alongside some of – more... the best coworkers, they were always there to give a helping hand when needed. A hard time was trying to get out a dated magazine. A good time was running a magazine wide open and not shutting down, which was a lot of the time. – less
Not a great environment to work at!
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshDecember 10, 2012
Day starts with trouble and ends up inviting trouble for next day. Think for today is the motto of the company. Corrective measures are taken but not preventive measures. HR personnel are the worst that one can expect. Should be the last place on earth to work.
Estabilidad laboral, ciertos beneficios e implementación de nueva cultura laboral
RESPONSABLE DE TESORERIA (Current Employee), Ate, LIMOctober 8, 2013
Pros: eps
Cons: extenso horario laboral
Se trabaja con comodidad, se aprende de la convivencia con los demás.
Ótima empresa.
OPERADOR DE MÁQUINA OFF SET ( IMPRESSOR ) (Former Employee), Porto de Suape, PEMarch 10, 2013
Oferece condições para que o funcionário possa desempenhar seu trabalho adequadamente.
A empresa QuadGraphics, tem um grande potencial em administração. Palavra chave Direitos Iguais para todos.
Assistente de Recursos Humanos (Current Employee), Ipojuca, PEJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: todas as refeições (café da manhã e almoço)
Bem.... aprendi diversas coisas na areia administrativa e em recursos humanos, como também nessa mesma empresa já trabalhei na Enfermaria como Técnica em Enfermagem do Trabalho por dois anos, depois fui promovida para trabalhar no Recursos Humanos, onde estou até o momento.