Commercial Lines Underwriter
Quadrant Insurance Managers is an MGA/Wholesaler for multiple commercial insurance products. Our specialties include Professional Liability, Management Liability, General Liability and difficult to place coverages.
Quadrant is a small privately owned and operated company with a national footprint. We operate as a close-knit team and work with retail agents and direct clients across the U.S. Our company designs, markets, underwrites, and manages highly specialized programs and works with highly rated insurance carriers.
Company: Quadrant Insurance Managers, Inc.
Location: Westerville, OH
Employee Type: Full-Time (30-40 hrs/wk)
Job Type: Administrative
Required Education: College degree preferred
Required Experience: 2 years
Required Travel: Minimal
Quadrant is looking for an underwriter who is highly talented in traditional underwriting skills. The successful candidate will become an integral part of our organization working in our management and professional liability lines and hard to place sectors. The candidate will be trained and then is expected to underwrite new and renewal accounts as well as some unusual accounts. Accounts vary from small to large. This position requires the candidate to participate in both production and relationship responsibilities.
Quadrant offers a fast-paced environment where staff and management work side by side. Both new and seasoned employees are encouraged to excel and work as part of the Quadrant team. Being part of a small, expanding Wholesaler/MGA can offer the successful candidate high growth potential and an opportunity to make a significant impact almost immediately.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with 2-5 years of commercial property and casualty or professional liability underwriting experience.
- Attainment of or working towards CPCU, AU, or CIC designations
- Detail oriented—accurate, organized, and analytical
- Results oriented—ability to meet goals
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and negotiation skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software)
- Creative and positive attitude