Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
Lots of good work and benefits but also lot of stress due to quick turnaround requirements

Company does lot to train the employees and tries to maintain work-life balance.
Great team to work with
Mask Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2017
I worked with the 7nm FINFET team in Raleigh. They were great to work with. No stress, no drama, just business and normal comraderie. If you do your work and know what you're doing then you will do fine. They don't expect you to know everything. So ask and they will help you as time allows.
Non-stop work hours, poor work-life balance, and low pay.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Poor management. Luckily, just before leaving the company a really good manager was switched to our team which saved my sanity. Learned how to work in a fast paced environment, with many clients and personalities.
More Salary/Benefits needed
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Qualcomm is a good place to work if the team supports you. But they need to provide better bonus and salary to retain talent. It all depends on the team in which a person works.
Pros
Fast paced work
benefits
Poor management
Software Engineer/DBA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2017
Poor management and job placement dominated by Asian workers in San Diego.
Overall lack of strategic management accounts for long working ours and lack of productivity.
Favoritism and politics are evident on some departments.
good place to grow
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2017
enjoyed QUALCOMM. appreciate seeing the company progress. Good workplace culture. This is a company that cares about it's employees. That's it to make 150 words
A Technically interesting place to work with demanding time to market schedules
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 22, 2017
A GREAT company 10 years ago, now just a good company. Competition is fierce, schedules are tight. The company runs too lean with not enough manpower. Pay and Benefits used to be great. Many many cuts in the last 8 years bringing the overall compensation to just decent. Many divisions being pushed overseas, the work culture and diversity is extremely diverse, sometimes causing working issues within the company. Many, many H1B Visas and high turn over. In 13 years I have had 16 Managers! Company consistency and direction changes so much that it lacks actual direction. Company is still trying to find its direction and strong product base.
Pros
Decent pay & benefits, some work life balance
Cons
Lack of manpower and direction, tight fluctuating schedules, pushed hard
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Oracle ebs Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2017
Productive and fun workplace
Great work environment
Good scope for learning
Best teams to work with
Flexible timings
Good Benefits and fun workplace to work
Great technology
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Qualcomm has great technology, somewhere around 2,000 patents. The entire company has top-notch people. It is a great place to work, even if it is quick-paced.
Excellent Company
Senior Account Manager - Southeast United States (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2017
Qualcomm is truly a fantastic organization with wonderful talent. Many in the industry did not like the royalties that Qualcomm received and fought to get something different. The patent giant still remains world-wide.
Intern Work
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2017
Very good place to start as an Intern.Various events have been conducted to improve the culture and to promote view of the company among Interns.

Housing provided to Interns is very good
Good company
Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2017
It's a good company with most coworker friendly. I worked in the video codec team, we work together and help each other. It's the best company I have ever forked for.
Pros
High tech
Cons
stressful
Senior Staff Technical Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2017
Qualcomm sets the bar pretty high when it comes to places to work. I wish that I could go back there, but that seems highly unlikely due to where I live.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
I loved it for many years, I just hit a wall there and there wasn't much room for advancement. Overall I have nothing but great memories and great things to say about the company
Very pleasant environment
Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92129October 5, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Qualcomm. The environment was pleasant and the people are great. Just wish They were open for long term hiring. I would return if asked.
Production based
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
If you do not work in an area that positively effects the bottom line (adds to the profit margin), then you will be considered secondary in all aspects. Otherwise, great people to work with and with luck one can move into one of the profitable areas of software development.
flexible hours, low pay, unrewarding
Procurement (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2017
Flexibility, low wages, and unrewarding. Management is short sighted and can't prioritize programs. Lack of resources to support all programs. Regardless of how many hours you put in, there is a high chance the program will get cancelled.
San Jose as Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 30, 2017
Good place to work , and work life balance benefits good management and very good work culture, best to work .very good learning , always new you get opportunity to work on new technologys
good for fresh graduates
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
good company with decent history and track record. It was my first internship. I love the weather in San Diego. If I got a return offer, I'd definitely consider coming back.
Great Learning
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2017
It was productive and great learning experience.
Employees were helpful and cooperative.
Work-life balance is great. They are working on latest technologies.