Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Needs change
System Analyst/QA Analyst/ Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2016
Lot of room for learning oppurtunities. Great technical stuff to challenge. favoritism is shown. Not a great place to work anymore.
Pros
Good benefits and perks
Cons
Lot of internal politics.
Productive and loving work culture
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
- good working culture
- good team with friendly co-workers
- Challenging job with support for everyday handling new commercial mobile devices
- Qualified management
Bad place if you join Atheros division
Principal design engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2016
good worker , bad management , WIFI VPs are bad example of dictatorship . he has bunch of guys who kiss-up and useless ...Like the senior director who own Verification team and SOC , completely useless and stupid
Pros
great vision and started out great
Cons
political, management is useless ...the company is sinking
Good all around company, leading, innovative, and amazing on-site fitness amenitys.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2016
Working in a small dynamic engineering team, we have set product goals to meet quarterly. I work closely with a group of engineers that are motivated and innovative, like me. The culture of the company is very cohesive. I have enjoyed working here with much gratitude, and I hope to accrue the same with a new company in the mid-west where my parents reside.
Pros
Good and affordable Health Ins.
Cons
I usually work overtime, and enjoy it.
Good Company
Modem/Multimedia Power Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2016
lots of learning, good work life balance, highly recommended, excellent teamwork, good products. work hard and you will make a good profile for future industry.
technically strong
engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2016
not a fun place to work. work culture is old fashioned. food is not good and expensive. convenient and classy location. rest of the facilities are good. tennis court, volleyball and basketball courts along with gym and swimming pool. complementary benefits are not bad.
Great workplace offering both professional challenges and support
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Great workplace offering both professional challenges and support to its employees. I am constantly challenged in my workplace and given the support and guidance from management to overcome these challenges.
Used to be a good place to work for
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
The company used to focus on sustaining and supporting skilled people. Very flexible work and life balance. management knew exactly what need to be done and how to do it.
Productive and Fun
Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Love working here!! Every day is exciting to see your software in millions of devices. Work life balance is hard to maintain.
Enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Senior Staff Engineer/Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJAugust 23, 2016
Co-workers at Qualcomm are very understanding and supportive. This may no tbe the same in every group.
A typical day is mostly stress-free but certainly challenging as far as the level of work required. It is a place that allows growth.
Management seems to have a good handle on the comapny's direction. As with any other corporate management, they are intensely focussed on the bottom line.
Pros
Free Coffee and other beverages. Table Tennis Table
Productive to work
Device Tester (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2016
productive to work, fun place, learning place, advance technology for mobile communication etc

Flexible work time

management is good

no hard in the job

very good relation ship with coworkers
Productive and fast paced
Multimedia Commercialization Test Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2016
Projects get done on time due to good management. A lot of pressure to get projects done on time but the rewards are good like time off and off-site party.
Pros
Free drinks and flexible schedules
Cons
Work pressure to complete projects
Good workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2016
Ideal place to start your career and learn the trade. Best place to be if you are working on wireless technologies. Work life balance might be an issue depending on which you end up working for. Overall could not have asked more a more better place to start the career
Good
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Qualcomm brand is known for excellent benefits. Because of the changing trends benefits are getting down. Work/Life balance totally dependent on team, not dependent on company. Job security is moderate because of changing trends.
poor mangement
Sr. Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 29, 2016
Low level managers need work. Some rarely showed up. Most took little active interest. Most were too involved on appearances, and empire building. Little to no communication on the business. No social activites to foster cammeraderie.
Pros
good compensation package until recently
Cons
poor management.
Great company to work
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2016
Great company to work with very good job culture. It gives you the opportunity to balance work and life perfectly.

Qualcomm keep adopting new technologies as per time demands to remain ahead of competitor. You will get many opportunities to learn new technologies and remain up to date.
Pros
Lots of fun activities and learning activities
Software Test Technician
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2016
Qualcomm overall made a big impact in my life from interacting with all the high level engineers/technicians and has taught me a lot on quality work when it comes to the electrical field of work. A day at work for me has always been good, never a dull moment when its just sitting in my lab station or a walk to a different lab learning more and more about what Qualcomm has for the future. Working in a team is a plus, makes everyone more fulfilled in what they really have to achieve. In my perspective nothing is to hard to do in job if you don't give it your all and if you do not try hard enough. Most enjoyable part in working in such a successful company like Qualcomm is all the hard work you accomplish each and every day in the labs.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
healthcare
good experience
Senior staff SOC engineer for MSM chips (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2016
asic design flow including verification, implementation, timing closure, product definition. most enjoyable part of job was working with smart people
Pros
access to the latest technology
Bleeding edge / cut throat / GREAT pay & benefits
Software Engineer, Senior (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2015
You will be working night, day, weekends, 24/7/365 - you will have NO LIFE whatsoever.

QCOM will reward your performance with MORE responsibility, pat on the back, more stock options, performance bonuses every 6 months ($2,000 to $9,000), generous salary and benefits package, free food ("engineering dinner" - catered food if you work after 6pm, work lunches with free food), excellent facilities (gym, pool etc), flexible office hours.

Let me be very, very clear - QCOM is NOT software company, it's a chip manufacturer. Software is produced in ad hoc manner, with "firefighters" (camping in parking lots so it's closer to the lab when things are falling apart before the release) rewarded handsomely. However, efforts to "prevent fires" to begin with (proper software process, configuration and release management etc) failed miserably on several occasions in my 12 years there. So no, there is no method to the madness that working for QCOM is. You're just mad. And you work.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and salary
Cons
NO life / work balance
Productive environment, was able to attend the gym on my lunch breaks, but the overall job security isnt very secure.
Industrial Security Specialist, CPSO (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Had great coworkers who I was able to attend the gym with daily if our schedules permitted, however, the job itself didn't award growth opportunities or secure employment due to the economy and lack of Government budget. Since I have a family to raise, job security is key and I would like to have the ability to grow within my position and move forward in my career continuing to support my family and their needs.
Pros
Free snacks, gym usage, we were awarded stocks and free medical benefits which made my salary about $73, 000
Cons
Overall lack of job security for future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2