Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Productive, fun place to work at.
App Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Care Benifits
Cons: Annual compensation
Work place is pretty relaxed on most days because of proper time and resource management. You get to work with smart co-workers who know their work and go beyond their job requirements to help each other move through the milestones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the technology space and the ecosystem around it built in Qualcomm, specifically in our team in Augmented Reality. We get to work on the cutting edge AR technology and get to define the next big thing in the future of tech.
Great Place to Work
Desktop Support Services Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Every day had new challenge and opportunities to learn new skills. Management could be better in explaining what their expectations were and were very helpful in making me meet those goals.
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 10, 2015
less trainings
interaction with other teams
less trainings
interaction with other teams
Great work environment, but limited opportunity to contractors
Engineer I (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Management is effective and competent
Cons: Contract comes without benefits or long-term employment
Held role as contractor (via outside hiring firm) Engineer I supporting interface between Product Engineers and Production Test. Position required long hours because of shift overlaps between engineering and test departments. Contractors are denied benefits and are required to end contract after maximum of 18 months and take a 3 month break, without guarantee of re-hire. Management is understanding of employee time and workload needs, efficient at giving clear instructions, and seem truly concerned with employee satisfaction in the workplace. Great place to learn, train, and work with intelligent people. However, unless you have a permanent position, you will not have benefits and always have an end-of-contract date looming, which will disrupt your long-term plans that require steady employment such as retirement saving, buying a house, supporting a family, etc.
Excellent program for high school students
World of Work Participant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Enjoyed a one-week on-site program. Program was extremely well organized. Staff was very friendly and great with students. Activities were well planned and appropriate for the group.
good place to work
Mechanical Assembler Sr (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to work, good money but its hard to get hire, i meet lots of nice coworker there. and learned lots of thing there too, i wanna go back there but I need a permanent job not temporary.
SQL/BI DEVELOPER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Awesome company to work for
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San DiegoMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security, good benefits, great team and lot of learning
Cons: nothing I know of
I think Qualcomm is one of the best companies to work for in USA.
Lot of learning and lot of growth opportunities is there.
Involved with leading edge mobile phone design
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: awesome benefits, great work environment, brilliant staff
Cons: hardware/software coordination exacerbated by schedules
The typical day involved integrating Qualcomm chip sets into demonstration phones for carrier evaluation.

The amount I learned there would fill a textbook. A cutting edge environment for sure.

Management, like at many growing companies, evolved from outstanding and engineering focused and involved to stock price focused and distant.

I had brilliant coworkers with whom I worked with as a valued member of a team.

Due to the politics of the industry, the schedules were tough.

The work atmosphere and the cutting edge engineering were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Global leader in wireless chipsets and technology
Staff Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great salary, benefits, location
Qualcomm is the world's leader in wireless chipset technology and provides valuable contributions to the global wireless industry.

On a daily basis I was challenged to innovate and got to work along some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Exciting technologies, fun work place
Sr.Program Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 3, 2015
Exciting technologies, fun work place. Great team members, good perks. Nice benefits. Innovation is primary. Enjoyable work place.
Was a good company to work for until last few years - too much stress
Legal Specialist, Sr. (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many in middle management
I enjoyed working here until he past few years when the stress level rose drastically. They increased the amount of work required and cut the hours we could work. I liked the people I worked with and was very sad to leave. The culture of the company changed over the 8 years I was there.
Productive environment with open door policy.
Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free sodas \ gym \ ping pong tables \ shuttle services between buildings.
Cons: rarely advancement for contractors.
I was hired to do a specific role. Since doing that task I have branched off to handle more and more tasks. Some of which are very challenging. I volunteer for these like any other contractor would in the hopes of getting recognized. But no matter how many tasks i take on no recognition is given. I now handle 4 additional job functions in addition to my original position and I have now come to a point where I can no longer prove to anyone that i want to be here and I would like to stay and do my job. It seems you only get noticed by who you know and not what you know or what you bring to the team. I have learned a great deal in my time here from learning several circuit board tools to in depth programming. My job isn't hard at all as I have said I have taken on 4 more roles. The most enjoyable part of the job if when someone actually refers someone to me and recognizes that I am the most suitable person for the task.
Learned a lot
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
This position was very new. It was fun and creative. I loved what I did. The opportunity was one that was challenging but very rewarding. I learned a lot.
Innovative company with very cool ideas
Principal Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Qualcomm is the interaction with very smart and friendly people. it makes the day very productive and fun.
Good company to work for
IT Engineer, Sr Staff (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2015
work on projects and the ticket queue
most co-workers are very smart and hard working
commuting is the hardest part of the job
Great company
Sr. Staff Design Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: nothing that i noticed
Great to work in Qualcomm.
Learn a lot from co-workers.
Employees are very creative and productive.
The most enjoyable moment is project on schedule.
Great culture and a stable company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The company is very quick in shifting focus inline with the industry trends, which results in plenty of opportunities to learn new things, challenging and ever changing work environment.Job culture is good, and the company makes modest efforts to maintain it.
Qcom is a good place to work
Contracted Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Everyday is a busy day
Management is reasonable for a big company like qcom
Everyone is eager to work
They supply working supper if you book it, and fruits are available in coffee room every morning
But, contractor has to terminate when it reaches 2 or 2.5 years
Great group of people to work with.
Contract Mixed Signal Mask designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: access to gym, ping pong tables
Cons: red tape
Management team at Qualcomm are wonderful work with. I work with a team of 3 Analog Design Engineers that understand what a Mask Designer needs to accomplish fine layout in a timing matter.

About Qualcomm

Billions, maybe trillions of times a day… That’s how often people around the world touch something made better – Read more

Qualcomm Salaries