Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Was a good company to work for until last few years - too much stress
Legal Specialist, Sr. (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many in middle management
I enjoyed working here until he past few years when the stress level rose drastically. They increased the amount of work required and cut the hours we could work. I liked the people I worked with and was very sad to leave. The culture of the company changed over the 8 years I was there.
Productive environment with open door policy.
Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free sodas \ gym \ ping pong tables \ shuttle services between buildings.
Cons: rarely advancement for contractors.
I was hired to do a specific role. Since doing that task I have branched off to handle more and more tasks. Some of which are very challenging. I volunteer for these like any other contractor would in the hopes of getting recognized. But no matter how many tasks i take on no recognition is given. I now handle 4 additional job functions in addition to my original position and I have now come to a point where I can no longer prove to anyone that i want to be here and I would like to stay and do my job. It seems you only get noticed by who you know and not what you know or what you bring to the team. I have learned a great deal in my time here from learning several circuit board tools to in depth programming. My job isn't hard at all as I have said I have taken on 4 more roles. The most enjoyable part of the job if when someone actually refers someone to me and recognizes that I am the most suitable person for the task.
Learned a lot
Office Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
This position was very new. It was fun and creative. I loved what I did. The opportunity was one that was challenging but very rewarding. I learned a lot.
Innovative company with very cool ideas
Principal Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Qualcomm is the interaction with very smart and friendly people. it makes the day very productive and fun.
Good company to work for
IT Engineer, Sr Staff (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2015
work on projects and the ticket queue
most co-workers are very smart and hard working
commuting is the hardest part of the job
Great company
Sr. Staff Design Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: nothing that i noticed
Great to work in Qualcomm.
Learn a lot from co-workers.
Employees are very creative and productive.
The most enjoyable moment is project on schedule.
Great culture and a stable company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The company is very quick in shifting focus inline with the industry trends, which results in plenty of opportunities to learn new things, challenging and ever changing work environment.Job culture is good, and the company makes modest efforts to maintain it.
Qcom is a good place to work
Contracted Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Everyday is a busy day
Management is reasonable for a big company like qcom
Everyone is eager to work
They supply working supper if you book it, and fruits are available in coffee room every morning
But, contractor has to terminate when it reaches 2 or 2.5 years
Great group of people to work with.
Contract Mixed Signal Mask designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: access to gym, ping pong tables
Cons: red tape
Management team at Qualcomm are wonderful work with. I work with a team of 3 Analog Design Engineers that understand what a Mask Designer needs to accomplish fine layout in a timing matter.
Qualcomm, great work place don't use Mindlance Jenniver Volt
Mask Layout Designer Analog/RFIC- Engineer, QCT (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: meet nice people
Cons: i contracting don't use mindlance san diego jennifer volt will cheat you as she has to others liar
Excellent opportunity for contractors layout mask designers
Jennifer Volt is a liar and will eventually cheat you. Work with Technical link or Manpower .Great experience for mask designers
Productive and Fun work place
SQL/BI DEVELOPER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Good day at work
learned a lot
good management
good co-workers, helped me a lot
no hardest part of job
enjoyed a lot at work
Productive and fun workplace
Software Development Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Good work life balance, great innovative place with very smart people on teams. Diverse culture and a lot to learn. Can get very difficult to get recognition.
Great comany!
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Its great company to work on new and upcoming technologies.
Great people to work with.

Its great company to work on new and upcoming technologies.
Great people to work with.
uninteresting
Contracted SW Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Watch out for contracted positions. Low pay, grunt work. If your honest worker beware... better if your a good show off, pretenter, credit steeler. Too many employees, lots of overlap of work. Hard to get ownership. Culture is pretend, pretend your a robot, pretend you work all hours of the day, pretend you know the technology.
Good
Senior Product Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free bagle, free beverage, free coffee and tea.
Cons: poor planning process, poor program management execution.
The overall rating is Fair. (5 out of 10)
The Job Work/Life Balance is good (8 out of 10)
The Compensation/Benefits is good (8 out of 10)
Job Security/Advancement is poor (3 out of 10)
Management is just ok (4 out of 10)
Job Culture is Fair (5 out of 10)
good work environment
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
very good work life balance.
And great team working. Interesting projects
Productive and fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 23, 2015
My supervisor and all my co-works are nice and helpful.
The projects are challenging and interesting.
There is a pingpong table that can help people relax.
Productive company
SoC Design-Verification Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Excellent Company to gain skills. I like working for QualComm
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Before the big downturn and they laid off many people, this company was a great place to work. Later it became very difficult to complete all your projects due to everyone taking on 2-3 jobs that the other people that got laid off were doing. Management was great until the end of my 19 years.
I liked it, but your mileage may vary
Senior Staff Technical Writer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: it may still have momentum from its glory days
Cons: top management is not honest with employees or line management
I joined Qualcomm in 1995 and remained with the company almost 20 years (if you don't count an interval when the business unit I was in was sold and its employees were expected to help the buyer get up to speed). Looking at Qualcomm today, it's hard to see traces of the features that made the company so special in its earlier days.

At one time there was an egalitarian spirit, a general mood of playfulness, and a sense that everyone was on the same team. Because of that, and of course because of what happened to QCOM stock (in which all employees had lots of options), it was a glamour company, the place where just about everybody in town wanted to work. Yes, we worked very hard. We sometimes worked very long hours. But that was fine. Working at Qualcomm was fun, and I was proud to be there.

Growth itself put a damper on some of that spirit, inevitably. For me at least, the work began to call for less creativity and more stamina. But the compensation and benefits remained superior. I continued to feel intense loyalty, and could not understand coworkers who left to work for competitors.

At present, management is worried that its most important customers are losing market share to a large number of small upstarts, who may end up not doing business with Qualcomm at all. Management is worried about looking good to shareholders and so is pruning its workforce--with a machete, not with clippers. This is not the same management that made the company great, and the changes being implemented are having a negative effect on productivity.

As of this point in my career, Qualcomm is by far the best employer I have known. But someone joining today may have a different experience.

About Qualcomm

Billions, maybe trillions of times a day… That’s how often people around the world touch something made better – Read more

Qualcomm Salaries