Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

All time work company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2014
A Day at my Work:
Have meeting with dev team and get all code changes for review. Verify them in build and functional test process. Develop and enhance automation tools and its framework.

What I learned:
Company process and automation development experties.

Management:
All manager with whom I am working are open to new ideas to make the process smother.

Co-worker:
Awesome

Hardest part of job:
Supporting on weekends and holidays.

Most enjoyable part of job:
Open for work for home any time required.
Pros
flexi timings and work from home options
Cons
all time work, even on weekends
An incredible work environment with managers that encouraged training and growth.
Marketing Manager, QES (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2012
Work was usually the standard (length) work day, that included meetings in an effort to create a synergy that would ensure quality products and services. I was fortunate enough to have worked with a team that no matter the circumstances, everyone would always volunteer to help. I think the hardest part of the job was managing personalities of the executive team and learning how to approach them on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone worked incredibly well together.
Pros
healthcare facility, gym, cafeteria, etc., on-site
Not what it used to be
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2016
The top management have become highly political and irrational. We started not following the established processes and guidelines consistently and uniformly. People who pointed out the problems and made efforts to fix them were given bad reviews since they embarrassed their VPs. You could no longer express your opinion if it was different than your superior.
Pros
Decent salaries and bonuses for San Diego
Cons
Too much pressure to completely ignore the basic work life balance
Productive, fun place to work at.
App Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Work place is pretty relaxed on most days because of proper time and resource management. You get to work with smart co-workers who know their work and go beyond their job requirements to help each other move through the milestones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the technology space and the ecosystem around it built in Qualcomm, specifically in our team in Augmented Reality. We get to work on the cutting edge AR technology and get to define the next big thing in the future of tech.
Pros
Health Care Benifits
Cons
Annual compensation
Work and academic Summary
Chip Level Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2014
Currently I am working in a contracting position at Qualcomm, Raleigh, NC as a Chip Level Verification Engineer. As a part of this position my responsibilities include verification of debug subsystem of the ASIC at full chip level by developing constrained random based test-bench and test cases , preparing and implementing detailed test plans for design modules and tracking tests against test plans, resolve test failures using ARM AMBA protocols (AXI, AHB, APB). This experience has given me the knowledge as well as the confidence to venture for challenging full time positions .
Great company for software engineers not for facilities.
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
Modified and maintained a 3000 KW and 4500 KW cogen plant by performing PM's and modifying existing equipment to
meet company needs. Maintained records and permits like APCD to maintain a cogen status in California. Performed
electrical work per NFPA70E and OSHA standards. Successful in developing energy-saving programs and working with
program administrators and local clients to determine and quantify energy efficiency measures. Plant operator focused
on increasing organizational efficiency and productivity by guaranteeing that facilities and equipment are kept in optimal
running condition.
Qualcomm was a great place to work.
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
Qualcomm was a great place to work. I worked closely with 7 other technicians, 3 software developers, 1 lead, 1 manager, 3 Logistics handlers, 2 Administers, and approximately 12 planners...
I worked on the night shift with 3 other technicians. I was working in a temporary position through Manpower, my contract expired and Qualcomm currently has a hiring freeze so they could not roll me into a permanent position yet... If I wait 3 months I can roll back into Qualcomm under manpower again, but I am looking for a more permanent position.
Best place to work for...
Accounting Processor I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2014
• Pre-coding and processing supplier invoices. Coding invoices with required accounting verify and ensure signature requirements are met, match invoices to receipts and purchase orders, entering invoices into Oracle in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Auditing and validating final invoice batches to ensure payment integrity is maintained. Research/resolve billing discrepancies through communication with suppliers and internal personnel. Mail Services and learned the new Mark View Imaging Program for scanning invoices.
• Processed a total of 80 to 100 invoices a day
Qualcomm is place with talented people
Senior Staff Engineering Manager/Lead Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Management is very hands on and on top of their game.
It is very rare to find engineers that are not good.
the interview process is very hard and challenging but it pays off as you endup working with smart engineers.
The culture is a bit cutthroat. For instance promotions are widely distributed via emails. This creates an peer pressure which is sometimes counter productive.
Pros
always challenged and improving your skillsets.
Sr. IC Mask Designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Qualcomm is really High Tech company. Very qualified engineers and perfect management. The co-workers are friendly, respectable and open for help. A lot of possibilities to improve qualifications. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing assignment in time and clean. The hardest part of the job is tape out, when is need to adjust some blocks/cells with top level in order to achieve the goal of many people.
Pros
the company offered several time per week free lunch.
Cons
exelent feetness center
College Recruiting process
Staffing Specialist, Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2016
There is no typical workday at Qualcomm, but is is never boring.
I learned to work with various executives, managers and project managers in recruiting, attracting, and placing engineering top talent into the organization.

Management was on-board with hiring the best engineering talent for their project teams as well as for the future.

Co-workers are great and work well with each other.

The hardest part of the job was matching top talent with the proper project.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with which to work.
Pros
Leading edge technology
Innovative and moch speed
Project Manager, SR, Strategic Facilities Planning (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 9, 2015
Fast paced, uber innovative tech giant. Qualcomm is a fantastic place to work these last 19.5 years!!
Colleagues became friends.
We are a group driven by a mission to change the way the world communicates, the way healthcare is administered and the way we stay connected even while driving.
I have loved almost every minute of my job. Of course, there have been difficult times and with focus and compassion, we have made it through.
Great place to work, smartest coworkers I've had
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2013
Really it is a great place to work. The documentation system or lack therof and a hundred other things can be frustrating, but the important thing is that everyone really is trying very hard to do good work. That's what makes Qualcomm great, and made me a better engineer for my time there.

Don't expect it to be easy, and don't expect to be the smartest guy there. The smartest guys there were hired a long time ago. It really can be a great place with a good attitude.
Pros
beautiful campus, excellent cafeterias.
Cons
weekend work when projects slip.
Great environment, competitive salary, engaging work.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2013
Working for Qualcomm is not like working for any other company, the work environment is very fast paced but they respect your personal life and help you achieve a good work/life balance.

The work there is to be done at Qualcomm is challenging, engaging, and above all - fun. But the most rewarding aspect of the work is that you know it will be used by hundred of thousands - to millions of people on a daily basis.
Pros
great people, great work
Cons
poor current infrastructure at their san diego hq
Best days are behind
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2015
25 years into a steep growth curve in cellular phone chip business, and what made Qualcomm rich until 5 years ago is no longer working. The company has a lot of smart people. Management is not shy about believing they are smarter than everyone else and that they should be paid millions of dollars per year. But there are plenty of resources and plenty of interesting technical jobs.
Pros
San Diego, smart people
Cons
Management arrogance
Quiet, Hard working, cool work enviornment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2013
A typical day at work consist of taking inventory of supplies, replenish stock in various conference and break rooms, respond to customers request for meetings and etc. I learned how to communicate with my customers and their expectations of their needs for certain things. My co-workers were phenomenal. The hardest part of the job was managing time between tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my customers and building a good connection with them and my department.
Best job I have ever had!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2013
If you ever get the chance to work with QUALCOMM, seize the opportunity! This is the very best place to work for in San Diego! Not only do you feel like you work for one big family, but you get paid for the hard work that you do! The benefits are excellent, and the companies core values are the model of excellence!!! I will never forget my time at QUALCOMM, and I hope to someday return home...
Pros
benefits, pay, loyalty, business model
Cons
not working there!!!
productive, innovative ,fun work environment
Administrative Service Clerk III (Current Employee) –  San Diego,CaJanuary 18, 2013
-typical work day includes meetings with management
-assisting in multiple departments throughout the day
-extensive customer service to internal customers as well as external
-close interaction with fellow co workers
-active ongoing projects
-best part about my work day is knowing that internal customers are pleased with the level of production on projects they entrust me with
Pros
benefits, gym, shuttle service, food service, vacation pay, lax work environment
Cons
long commute, small riase increases
Productive environment, good coworkers, no job security
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
Being within IT gives good satisfaction that you are keeping people productive and helping with any issues. The downside, as with any IT position, is the looming "outsourcing" which makes the environment depressing when rumors start to spread.

Daily tasks are always the same. Little variety. Sure, you have a variety of things to do each day, but they are generally always the same variety.
Pros
Casual attire, ample cubicle space
Cons
No job security in IT
Honest knowledgeable management
SENIOR ANALOG RF LAYOUT DESIGN ENGINEER (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2014
Honest and knowledgeable management
Always newest and up to date software and hardware (Eg. Dual 30 inch monitors for design)
Honest and knowledgeable HR Department
Fantastic benefits (Eg. health care insurance with no out of paycheck contribution)
Honest, ethical and very knowledgeable coworkers
Fairness
Good compensation package
Fitness Center and activities available and paid by the company
Honest and ethical HR policies forcing management to honest and ethical behavior
Ideal Employer
Pros
honest and ethical hr policies forcing management to honest and ethical behavior
Cons
high cost of living in the area

4.2