Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employer Reviews

Summer Intern
Summer Intern, (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discount lunches, many team building events, great envoirnment to work and learn in
I was an Intern for a summer at Qualcomm so I do not have enough expirence to provide valuable feedback. However, during my time there I was given many projects where I was the project lead and the culture was a very fun and enjoyable to be a part of. I was part of the IT Finance team that implemented a new Oracle ERP system which was a great expirence – more... and something that helps me everyday in my current role.

Management was very hepful and truly cared about the growth and expirence during my time as an Intern. I would highly recommend working at Qualcomm. – less
People in Qualcomm are the best part of the company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Really smart co-workers and a relaxed atmosphere conducive to work.
Account Manager
Manager of Business Development (Current Employee), San DiegoFebruary 7, 2014
 Demonstrated expertise in all facets of account development, cultivation and overall management.
 Consistently delivers revenue growth and profitability through effective leadership of sales and marketing teams within highly competitive industries, including wireless technology and telecommunications.
 Leverages an exceptional strategic mindset – more... when faced with complex challenges, overcoming obstacles by offering innovative solutions.
 Proven ability to build and leverage strategic relationships with key accounts and distributor sales organizations. Expert at analyzing market trends, conceiving strategies, and developing and executing action plans.
 Proactive leader and motivational team builder who develops and empowers cross-functional product management teams to succeed and deliver results.
 Exceptional ability to influence people to produce results despite constant changes of business models and technologies.
 Solution-oriented and analytical problem solver; keen focus on customer satisfaction; highly effective presentation, public speaking, communication and negotiation skills. – less
Fast Paced, friendly work environment.
IT Service Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Managed a group of part time consultants, management let me go about my job the way I saw fit as long as the job was done every day. Hardest part of the job was managing the part timers and making sure they did there job. Most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition when the job was done well.
Flexible work place
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), SandiegoJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free shares
Cons: stays late.
Nice place to work for Mobile platform.Lot to learn about upcoming LTE Technology.
Good work environment
Engineer II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2014
A lots of work. Frequent meetings and collaborations..
Sometimes the job is too repetitive but there are multiple opportunities if you want to approach them on your own.
Flexible work hours.
Excellent place to work as an Intern
Interim Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: salary, accommodation benefits, events that takes place in qualcomm, opportunities to learn and life in san diego
Power, temperature and thermal mapping were my responsibilities and I thoroughly enjoyed doing the same with help from my mentor and manager. Best thing in Qualcomm is availability of resources to learn and the people are easily approachable.
agressive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San DiegoJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of opportunities, best place for quick growth
Cons: work burden is more, busy environment.
The company has huge number of projects. A normal day will be pretty busy fixing bugs, implementing and delivering new features with very close deadlines. There is plenty of room to learn new stuff if you are self motivated.
Great company to work for!
Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for! Worked with realy smart and hardworking people.
Good company to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Busy work with good atmosphere. Collaborative and good colleagues.
productive and good wireless company to work
Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Working on mobile technology and platform on Android OS. Learning thermal related technologies and power profiling tasks. Learned Python, Thermal Mitigation and Tuning analysis.
good experience at Qualcomm
Interim Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2014
I learned RF-related issues in cell phone industry.
I conducted measurement and simulation together and I try to build a method to be utilized in RF circuits in cell phone board.
Overall, I like work environment, collaborations with team members, and assignments for me.
Sr. IC Mask Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the company offered several time per week free lunch.
Cons: exelent feetness center
Qualcomm is really High Tech company. Very qualified engineers and perfect management. The co-workers are friendly, respectable and open for help. A lot of possibilities to improve qualifications. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing assignment in time and clean. The hardest part of the job is tape out, when is need to adjust some blocks/cells – more... with top level in order to achieve the goal of many people. – less
Corporate Salt Mine
Intern - Network Operations Center (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free soda.
Cons: people were generally disgruntled.
Assigned a mentor who promptly went on vacation for three months. Had to create my own work and then was told not to. Role was mostly sitting there and doing nothing. Other workers seemed to have that strategy well implemented. Very much a good ol' boy's club.
Your experience depends on where you land
Product Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: compensation, stock options, vacation, good teamwork at the working level.
Cons: poorly qualified management in terms of leadership capability, senior management disconnected from whe working level.
At the working level, the teamwork is fantastic. Given the pressures of the senior and executive management, the teams operated professionally and with purpose. If I would say what has gotten Qualcomm to where it is today, I would say the working teams that focus on success which has made the difference. I can't say enough about the level of commitment – more... that the execution teams make to achieve success. All this while keeping an environment of respect and professionalism.

Senior and executive culture can be characterized as highly political likely due to the vast number of Senior Directors and VPs at the company. My direct senior management were not qualified leaders but achieved their positions as a result of playing the political power game well and being connected and in favor of the executive management. So in contrast the the excellent cross-functional teamwork done at the working level, there existed no teamwork at the functional department level. – less
Diverse workculture
Employee Communications Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Excellent culture and a great opportunity to learn new skills and meet people from all around the world.
Fast paced work in latest technology
Modem Systems Field Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
There is a good learning curve. The teams are very helpful and have a good team work.
Very High Skilled
STAFF RF ENGINEER WCDMA AND LTE (Former Employee), San DiegoDecember 30, 2013
Pros: excelent courses
• WCDMA RF Planning, guidelines and prediction tools definitions. Link Budget analysis
• WCDMA RF Optimization, guidelines and training
• Traffic Profiling based GPEH measures
• WCDMA System level simulations to define capacity curves
• LTE trained for design and optimization
• RNC dump parameter parsing tools development
• O&M: Ericsson, NSN, Huawei.

Responsible – more... to lead the homogenization, roadmap, features trailing and recommend optimization action of the GSM/UMTS network. To provide a tool in order to generate and audit on all the parameters on RNC also to provide audits in order to correlate issues with parameters change. To provide a set of recommended values to follow the IRAT strategy and harmonize the three vendors monitoring. To provide high level test plan on new features and future engagements with the three vendors Ericsson, NSN and Huawei – less
Serious work place but offers many benefits.
Sr. Program Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: workloads are very heavy with tight deadlines
Qualcomm is a challenging and demanding place to work but if you can manage the workload, stress and deadlines, your job is almost secure. Salary is at the lower end of average but the benefits help compensate for this and exceed other corporations.
recommend pixtronix
Contract Engineering Support III (Former Employee), Andover, MADecember 9, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Pixtronix. It is a high energy environment with dedicated coworkers.

About Qualcomm

QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and – Read more

Qualcomm Photos