Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Carrier Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2017
Great work/life balance. Great workplace culture. Company is really good about providing their employees all the necessary tools to be successful at their jobs.
Excellent place to work, could treat temps better
Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
Q is a wonderful place work, and I've learned quite a bit of cutting edge technology working here.

They could treat contractors better by requiring their staffing agencies to provide basic benefits such as health insurance, paid vacation and holidays. If anything the exploitation of temp and foreign workers is an ongoing concern which cuts across all US tech companies, not just Qualcomm.

Micosoft has started down the path of granting temps a basic benefits package, why can't Qualcomm do the same?

The age of the gig worker is here, contracting is here to stay, we just need to ensure that contractors are treated with respect and dignity, and are offered a basic package of benefits
Pros
Excellent environement to work in cutting edge technology
Cons
Exploitation of Contract and Foriegn workers.
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 21, 2017
It is a nice env and co-operative teamwork. A healthy environment, sportive and good hard work of each of the team members for the project. challenging day to day task will help me to gain a more knowledge.
Competitive
Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2017
While working here I learned a great new technologies. With one notable exception. I wanted to learn about CDMA, but since I worked in business unit(data science), I was denied compensation to learn about CDMA.
Very stressful work environment. Frequent lay offs and extremely family unfriendly culture.
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2017
It's generally considered a company that puts its bottom line before anything else. The employees are constantly fearing layoffs and being replaced by younger workers.
Pros
Better than average pay.
Cons
Layoff. Favoritism by managers.
nothing to share
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2017
nothing to share, working extensive hours every day. Hard to get promoted. Fast pace environment. Good bonus and salary. Stocks varies by performance.
I was a contractor. The place was a complete H1B sweat shop.
ASIC Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 10, 2017
The place was a complete H1B sweat shop.
The company took complete advantage of those poor inexperienced young people. All of them were frightened and intimidated.

It was not right.
Challenging but enjoyable workplace.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Qualcomm was a great place to work. They provided great pay and benefits as well as several onsite amenities. Unfortunately changes by management removed me from my level of expertise without proper training and/or guidance.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
poor management
Excellent team, strong design methodology, leader in market
Front-End Design Engineer (contract assignment) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2017
Qualcomm seems to be a very well run company, and the team I worked with are all top-notch. My manager is especially strong technically, and also friendly and easy-going, a rare combination, and his team are similar in nature. As a contractor, I am insulated from any yearly review and political drama, but I don't see any major signs of issues. I think the design tool CAD environment is the strongest I have seen, very well organized, standardized, and well maintained, if a little rigid. The location in San Diego is very nice, but the area is very expensive to live in. If I were able to stay in San Diego permanently, I feel I would have a likely path to transition to a permanent employee.
Pros
Nice environment, very smart team, great manager, leading technology in strong flow
Cons
No remote location work for contractors
Nice, high level relationship - well organised Job Culture.
Mechanical Engineer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 2, 2017
Every day I had to achieve something new, or improve what I have done already. I learn how to be more efficient .My managers always were happy to help with good ideas or advice how to organize my work better, so it looks more professional. Working hard, to achieve results that nobody ever had, is the best part of the job.
Pros
Free coffee and soda
Cons
2 - 15 minutes paid brakes
A good overall place to work
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 27, 2017
I used to work for Ikanos Communication which was acquired by QCA, Qualcomm Atheros. to have DSL technology two years ago.
QCA decided to exit the DSL business last year. I stayed back to lead the remaining DSL team members and close down the business.
The QCA team has been very helpful enabling a smooth shut down of the DSL business. I have been working with them to notify the customers and help them ramp down their product lines.
Pros
Good technology, good people. Good benefits
Working for a fortune 100 company
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2017
I started working at Qualcomm as a temporary employee for Manpower in 1998 and started as a full time employee in early 2000. I was in a recent large layoff that was inevitable. I was an excellent employee with stellar reviews.
Great advancement opportunities.
Intl Captain / Training and Standards Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 25, 2017
This is a great place to work for career advancement and long term retirement planning. Fast-paced and somewhat stressful, but the people are great and the managers give you every chance to excel.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours
High ethics and morals.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2017
I learned that what you give is what you get. If you work hard, you'll be good at what you do and your superiors will see that in you and move you up. Therefore both will benefit.
Pros
Good benefits such as medical and dental.
Cons
N/a
Good place, but need to get a good team
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2017
Good team lead, and line manager but module I was working on was relatively static between targets and so not much juicy dev work was coming my way. Other teams were getting interesting work on a daily basis.
Automation system Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2017
I absolutely love working . Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole. Our company has a strong sense of community that is felt in every office globally.
Great company
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  TaiwanAugust 18, 2017
Very challenging
Fast paced
Sometimes we have to work overtime to meet the schedule
But I learned a lot here at Qualcomm

I'd say, for young engineers, Qualcomm is definitely a good to company to work for
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Long work hours
review for Qualcomm
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 18, 2017
Qualcomm has great training course
Secured job, great to retire with Qualcomm
Great benefits
Balanced work life
Work hours are flexible
Good knowledge employees
Pros
Qualcomm has great training course Secured job, great to retire with Qualcomm Great benefits
Cons
Bad managements
Lack of career advancement but balanced life/work environment with good benefits.
Telecommunications Analyst, IT Asset Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2017
Friendly and relaxing working environment which failed to motivate employees to go extra miles to work their full potential.
Learn New Technoloy
Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
One of the most wonderful place to work on earth.; friendly environment, people always ready to assist new employees. I would love to work with them if needed.
Pros
Free lunches, Annual bonuses
Cons
Hard to get hired, uses staffing most of the time.