Qualcomm

Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), California, USAOctober 16, 2014
Worked on Android Devices based on Web applications
Tested on Video app and Movie-Studio app
Great Place with endless technical opportunities.
MANAGER NEW PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEERING (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: always a good technical challenge!
Cons: it was a common occurrence to have a very tight time constraint
There really was not a typical work day, one day I might be setting up a network or testing for production yields.
I traveled extensively to Asia and South America.
I setup networks to communicate through a secure VPN on both continents.
I also setup a packout facility in Memphis TN.all yield information transferred to the Database In San Diego via a private network.
I was responsible for the design and development of a provisioning station that allowed a single PC to upgrade software on 8 devices simultaneously and communicate via the network, these stations are still being used in production of current products
Productive and lots of room to learn and improve yourself.
Field Engineer to Sr. Staff/Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee, and gym.
Cons: too much work load.
work is hard but you'll learn a lot with new mobile technologies and products to work with before the end consumer start owning them.

Co-workers are very professional but some managers does not have time to coach and work closely with their peers.
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San diego, CaliforniaOctober 7, 2014
Qualcomm is a good place to work , looking for full time.

Learned:Testing , python scripting

Management: Is really good and supportive
Qualcomm was a great place to work.
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
Qualcomm was a great place to work. I worked closely with 7 other technicians, 3 software developers, 1 lead, 1 manager, 3 Logistics handlers, 2 Administers, and approximately 12 planners...
I worked on the night shift with 3 other technicians. I was working in a temporary position through Manpower, my contract expired and Qualcomm currently has a hiring freeze so they could not roll me into a permanent position yet... If I wait 3 months I can roll back into Qualcomm under manpower again, but I am looking for a more permanent position.
Great Company to work with
Technician (Current Employee), San DiegoSeptember 23, 2014
I never seen so many people smiling at work. No wonder with the great salaries they are receiving.
Fun place to work
Administrative Services Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego CASeptember 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Great team work. Outstanding team.
A great place to work
Digital Hardware Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2014
Interns are well taken care of. The housing is awesome and the work environment is also good. There are a lot of fun activities which are organized for interns.
leading company in its industry
Anonymous (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2014
Great learning experience working with extremely smart folks on cutting edge technology and frenetic pace.
Worked with a world class finance/accounting team, always interacting, had alot of fun, developed many relationships
Senior Financial Analyst / Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team / chemistry
Cons: sometimes long hours due to time zones of international business
Developed many amazing professional relationships and many friendships. It was an intense environment with high expectations, but also very rewarding.

The groups/individuals accomplishments were very visible which gave a lot of pride and moral to the team.

I enjoyed interacting with many members of the internal finance team and also with members of our sales, customer service, other finance teams, operations, shipping. Also enjoyed working with the external customers and 3rd parties on many occasions.
Release Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: a simply great place to work
Cons: they depend too much on contractors and pay far below market.
You choose your own hours (within reason)

They have activities on the grass every Friday. Things like concerts, food bazaars and technology demonstration shows.

The cafeteria has great food.

They have a library and gym.

It's a comfortable atmosphere, and everyone is friendly.

The management knows their stuff and are always helpful when in a pinch.
Fun, Good Work atmosphere, productive
Role - Tester (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
you will enjoy working in the company. very flexible . team is great and helping nature.
Yoga and keep fit
ASIC Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2014
Good people good environment. But low payment. Place is very cool and in remote location.
Poor work/life balance
Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Great co-workers and team-spirit, but poor work/life balance. Never get to leave 7pm and you would still have some work left.
Need to change their temporary workforce policies.
management
Modem System Engineer (Former Employee), NYAugust 11, 2014
• 5+ Experience in the field of UMTS/LTE network Optimization and testing.
• Experience in Modem (Voice, Data and Concurrency), Connectivity (WLAN and Bluetooth) and Concurrency testing in baseband processors.
• Experience in debugging and troubleshooting of Android and Windows platforms.
• Experience in 1x, EVDO and LTE protocols and regression and stress testing
• Experience working with Actix spotlight. Analysis of coverage, pilot pollution, missing neighbor and event explorer.
• Good understanding of KPI in cluster and market acceptance both in loaded and unloaded configurations.
Good company; struggling to work globally
Staff Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: needs better global work place and communications
Interesting work in the field of forecasting and reporting. Great products. good benefits.
Not very motivating
Not much opportunities for non-management roles.
Extremely Hierarchical.
productive place of work
Senior Engineer, Product Verification (Current Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 25, 2014
co-workers are nice and helpful. We all help each other and try to be as professional as possible with the hectic work load. We are constantly in pressure to finish our work with best quality.
System Test Engineer
System Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2014
Great place to work and learn new technologies
Good work life balance
Good pay
very friendly seniors to interact and exchange ideas
Excellent work/life balance, very professional, lots of opportunity
Program Manager, QCT Hardware Engineering (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: high tech, no shortage of tools and management support to get the job done
Cons: can't say enough great things about this company
Qualcomm is a great place to work; quality work environment, excellent high tech tools, lots of room for growth and opportunity for a person with initiative and great attitude. I feel empowered to do my job with autonomy; I appreciate the confidence in me. A typical day includes opportunities to communicate with team members, key stakeholders, challenging computer work, interesting and fun projects, interface with intelligent and professional colleagues, problem solving. The hardest part is that Qualcomm is so large it takes time to get fully onboarded into the culture and getting to know your way around. The most enjoyable is the quality and high tech environment provides so much opportunity to learn and grow.
Good work Env.
Engineer II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2014
Interacting with both co-workers and customers were both worthwhile. learned a lot about the culture of computers and how they work. Reccomended for anybody with a fun-loving spirit and exceptional interpersonal skills

About Qualcomm

QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and – Read more

Qualcomm Salaries