Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2016
The top management have become highly political and irrational. We started not following the established processes and guidelines consistently and uniformly. People who pointed out the problems and made efforts to fix them were given bad reviews since they embarrassed their VPs. You could no longer express your opinion if it was different than your superior.
Pros
Decent salaries and bonuses for San Diego
Cons
Too much pressure to completely ignore the basic work life balance
work driven, startup cultuture
Staff ASIC Design/Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2017
this is place for hard working people. Team work is necessary.
Fast pace work environment. Lots of talented people and lots of good mentor.
Excellent Company to work at
Staff Supplier Quality engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2016
I had pleasant experience working at Qualcomm. Upper management does a great job of keeping everyone involved in company activities and future direction.
Very friendly enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at this site. My managers were effective in communication and understanding. All of my co-workers were team players.
Great job!
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2016
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Qualcomm takes really good care of its people and I would work there again in a heartbeat. More companies should model themselves after them!!!
Best company I ever worked for
Engineer, Engineering Support - Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2015
Management was very supportive in each individuals growth within the company and you felt free to pursue other job areas as well. Pay and benefits were outstanding. The Engineering culture was a melting pot which brought out the best state of the art wireless telecommunications technology the industry could offer.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding work, pay, benefits, and job culture
Fantastic
Field I.T. Technician, Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Wonderful working environment.
Campus is fantastic.
They care about their employees.
Always a new challenge.
You never know how good you had it until it is gone.
Fun time, and great expirience!
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CANovember 14, 2016
First time working in an actual working enviornment. Learned a lot and had a lot of fun doing so. Met very cool and important people. Overall had a great expirience.
Fun, productive, useful and pertinent to my interests
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2016
Very good company atmosphere, tasks assigned were minimal in company impact but were very beneficial to my personal knowledge in the subject area. Very relaxed, happy, and agreeable company management.
Flexible work environment
Sr. Cognos Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2016
Flexible work environment. Learnt a lot of new technologies, management is great and very co-operative. Co-workers are very friendly and willing to share knowledge
Ok job, but nothing special
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2015
There is a loss of market share which has impacted the company. They are now trying to find new targets to expand into. The management is struggling to find relevance so the Job culture is deteriorating. It is at a cross-roads between recovery and slow steady decline, only time will tell which path is chosen.
Pros
good work-life balance
Cons
benefit errosion
Influencing mobile computing
Principle IT Architect (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2016
Qualcomm has and continues to be a growing company in the mobile industry. I have worked at Qualcomm and subsidiaries since 1991, and really think the strength of the company is in the employees they hire. There is a can do attitude in all areas of the business. It makes coming to work easy.
Productive place to work
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2016
Tough as a first year company after acquiring the account. Many bumps and learning curves to overcome. Hardest part was convincing prior company's staff that change is a good thing.
Fun place to work, relaxing
Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121October 8, 2016
Nice and professional place to work for, exciting with friendly people. Mostly my tasks are relating to cell phone hardware design, including DDR3, DDR4, power supply, breakout studies.
Pros
Relaxing environment, free sodas
Cons
Involved with leading edge mobile phone design
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2015
The typical day involved integrating Qualcomm chip sets into demonstration phones for carrier evaluation.

The amount I learned there would fill a textbook. A cutting edge environment for sure.

Management, like at many growing companies, evolved from outstanding and engineering focused and involved to stock price focused and distant.

I had brilliant coworkers with whom I worked with as a valued member of a team.

Due to the politics of the industry, the schedules were tough.

The work atmosphere and the cutting edge engineering were the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Awesome benefits, great work environment, brilliant staff
Cons
Hardware/software coordination exacerbated by schedules
poor mangement
Sr. Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 29, 2016
Low level managers need work. Some rarely showed up. Most took little active interest. Most were too involved on appearances, and empire building. Little to no communication on the business. No social activites to foster cammeraderie.
Pros
good compensation package until recently
Cons
poor management.
Great Work Environment, No Job Security
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would involve a routine showing up 15 minutes early, check email for summary of previous shifts progress, ensure station is set up for the job next in the priority list, begin working independently or until the supervisor assigns specific task. Address any issues that arise but do not waste time on them, send email report of progress to next shift lead.

I learned about the value of having a process to effectively get things done, sometimes when an employee is being trained they do not understand the process so they stray, I do not stray. I follow the directions documented or verbal.

The hardest part of the job was to get everyone to work as a team, some times people are stubborn and it takes a good leader to bring everyone together to complete the tasks on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and sense of community.
Pros
Excellent health care
Cons
no job security
Very fun place to work with a great diverse culture
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2016
I love working for Qualcomm. Everyone works hard and the company is very supportive in making sure that we all have fun and enjoy ourselves while we accomplish goals.
16+ Great Years...
Building Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Typical day began with coordinating custodial coverage for 18 buildings, and or events if scheduled. Emailed coverage to Management daily. Went out on the field and ensured work being done was at an exceptional level for our many customers. Throughout my many years I've learned quite a bit. With such a diverse group of employees I was able to learn the many different work cultures and made many friends from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my peers that have become great lifelong friends, and getting to know each and every custodian under my direction and highlighting there strengths to encourage them to reach high.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers...
Cons
The whole do more with less concept...
Great work environment, but limited opportunity to contractors
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
Held role as contractor (via outside hiring firm) Engineer I supporting interface between Product Engineers and Production Test. Position required long hours because of shift overlaps between engineering and test departments. Contractors are denied benefits and are required to end contract after maximum of 18 months and take a 3 month break, without guarantee of re-hire. Management is understanding of employee time and workload needs, efficient at giving clear instructions, and seem truly concerned with employee satisfaction in the workplace. Great place to learn, train, and work with intelligent people. However, unless you have a permanent position, you will not have benefits and always have an end-of-contract date looming, which will disrupt your long-term plans that require steady employment such as retirement saving, buying a house, supporting a family, etc.
Pros
Management is effective and competent
Cons
Contract comes without benefits or long-term employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2