Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Good company culture
WiPower BLE Applications Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
The colleagues were very helpful and the company had a corporate corporate culture that was very inclusive in the Research and development group. I had many previous colleagues that worked here
Excellent company
Staff Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2017
Outstanding place to work. Excellent technical opportunities, good culture, great people! As an engineer and program manager, Qualcomm has provided the best working environment I have experienced in my career.
no further comments to mention
Security Officer AlliedBarton (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2017
Qualcomm is very, very people oriented and highly competitive. The chances for contract security, present within the framework of the company, is very unlikely for advancement.
Innovative company with interesting technical work
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2017
Initially environment similar to startup with excellent communication, team culture focus, and job growth opportunities. After significant product/financial/staff growth in short period of time culture changed to meet corporate demands at any cost.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Finance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2017
Amazing Company! Perks are great, pay and benefits are amazing! The company offers an excellent work life balance and culture. I have worked here over seven years and highly recommend.
Interesting, fast-paced work
Software Developer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 3, 2017
As a software developer testing out the Qualcomm Dragonboard and other hardware being released, I worked with my team on finding uses that consumers might be able to capitalize on. The work was interesting, although definitely fast-paced.
Na
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2017
Nice place to work.

Good innovative company

Good work culture

Management is also good. Good job security

Company support to learn new technologies
Software engineer with a niche to develop cutting edge solutions
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
Software engineer with a niche to develop cutting edge solutions. Over 12 years of industry experience. Developed software from application level to device driver.
Great working environment
Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2017
I've met some really kind people here, from coworkers, customers and visitors. Had some great memories attending events and enjoying the work life environment.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Qualcomm is an awesome place to work!
Admin Service Clerk, III (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2017
I enjoy each part of my duties. The part I like most is interacting with my customers which I consider my work family. We all come from various backgrounds and cultures yet we all get along. My skill set has increased since working here in learning much about the technology field and about cultures from around the world.
My Supervisor is the best! caring, listens, encourages me to better myself.

Want to know more about Qualcomm?

Ask a question
Great technology company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2017
Very demanding but rewarding place to work. You become exposed to the best and brightest in the industry. Access to the best technology, brilliant engineers and teams.
Pros
Access to the best engineers and teams in the industry
Cons
Long hours and challenging expectations
keeping safety and working professional scenery.
Public Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2017
I would considered average, Its a legitimate company to work,
In my behalf as a worker and I enjoy it. I love to work so far.
In consideration of well being cleanliness.
Pros
serving my own dish is fun
Cons
I love the way that building strategy.
Enjoyable work environment
Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2017
Company offered many training options in equip maint. Trained on many tool sets. There was a pool and ping pong table in the break room as well as direct tv for our viewing pleasure. It is a good company.
Pros
The people
Cons
tool break downs.
Great Co-Workers, terrible company
Admin Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2017
I work in support services, the team I work with is kind, helpful and accommodating.

The company my team works for is ruthlessly exploitative and cares not a bit for the people who work for them. My admin team is comprised of 80% temporary employees, and we enjoy perks such as:
Minimum wage

Promises of no merit increases (yes, this is true.)

No access to skills development tools (full time employees only)

No promotion opportunities, it literally doesn't matter if you work hard or not, they compensate you the same, and this has been stated to me several times through the temp company they rent us through.

Here's the kicker:

They recently just switched to an outsourced temp company from outside the country, and everyone on our team must reapply for the jobs they just had. This includes the team members that were Qualcomm employees.

That's right, they actually bumped their dedicated, long term employees to temp status.

They still pay their average engineers close to 6 figures, but they won't even consider paying the support 1/3 of that, and will happily oust the people that have given most of their adult lives to the company to save a few bucks.

Of course, with every company that exploits it's help, we are also overworked, but I won't bore you with the details.

If this sounds like I'm angry, you're absolutely right, this is a meat grinder, not a job.
Great company
Senior Customs Specialist, Import Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121July 12, 2017
Excellent benefits and amazing co-workers. Truly an innovative company. The workplace culture was an exciting one, but the hours were quite long and often ran over into the weekend. My team was incredible and my direct manager was the best I've ever had.
Pros
good pay and benefits, innovative technology, good team dynamic
Cons
long hours, not a good balance of work/life/family on the hole
Good place to work.
System Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2017
Place really serves as platform to launch our career. Many classes are available to expand our horizon and also work life balance is good. For wireless folks, it is a dream place to work at.
Qualcomm is AWESOME
Telecom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2017
Qualcomm is AWESOME Experience. Huge Company. Global Reach. Mega Training opportunity. Great Benefits. Great Co-Workers and Management. Recommend for all.
very fast moving pace and challenge tasks
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2017
very fast moving pace and challenge tasks
frequent interactions and coordination with China team
overseas travel
customer first
good management
learnt a lot on semiconductor business and supply chain
Exciting Technology, Fast-Paced Environment, Sub-Par Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
Pros:
+ Great co-workers
+ New/Exciting Technology
+ Good Benefits (though many have been reduced/eliminated last three years)
+ Several Divisions allowing you to branch out in different areas
+ Nice facilities/campus

Cons:
- To be part of and/or succeed in upper management you must be part of the "right" group - often these groups are cultural/race based (ie Asian, Indian, etc).
- Leadership is chosen based on who you know, not what you know or what you have accomplished
- Poor Work/Life balance
Change in order to move forward
Director, Technical Marketing (Current Employee) –  JohannesburgJune 22, 2017
Change is at the base for survival for today's technology companies. Developing cutting edge technologies is a risky business and not all will make it. Keep adapting, fine tune strategies, turn around and believe in it. But also kill what doesn't work. Be bold.

My daily job is not different: influence the customers, push technology agenda, make them adopt most favorable technologies and lobby at all levels.

The hardest part is to make Africa relevant in a global context. What I enjoy the most is to be able to regularly meet with top companies such as OTT players and consumer's ODM as well as mobile network operators and their suppliers.
Pros
Stocks
Cons
Burocracy