Qualex Employee Reviews

No longer a business
1st Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 2, 2017
This company was my first job so I am thankful for that but it had a lot of issues, which is probably why it is no longer operating. Horrible leadership.
company not in business any loner
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2017
company not in business any longer. i don't know why I'm required to do this this is stupid, whats wrong with this picture. the company went out of business
fast paced work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 30, 2017
qualex is a fast paced work place. It has pros and cons, but for the most part is a nice place to work. the attendance policy is a little unfair, as you are not allowed sick days. you must use vacation days when sick.
Good Company
Tele-maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 12, 2017
This was a good company to work for. Management was nice. I just do not prefer the strict call center atmosphere........................................................
Boring at times but fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 29, 2017
There are times where there are no customers, and other times were it gets really busy, the only downside was all of the crying kids there. I always had headaches. But it was a fun job
I can actually say I loved this job.
Dedicated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47711March 11, 2017
I was a Dedicated Trainer. I would train new and seasoned employees on all jobs in the lab. I was blessed with traveling for about 2 1/2 years to other labs all over the country to train on our new equipment. The people I met and the places I saw at that time are still etched in my mind. It was such a wonderful opportunity and I will never forget it or my co-workers. I was there 26 years and you can't help but form bonds with people and become a family!
Advancement was typically easy
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 17, 2017
We did 24 hour picture service. I learned much about the photo industry. The management was fair and objective. The culture was a bit rigid. It had to be.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime
Fun place to work
Photo processor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2016
We were always learning new task. Everyone was willing to help each other out. It was a fun place to work if you liked to work nights.
We had very helpful management.
Best job I ever had
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 12, 2016
I was responsible for meeting hourly, and daily deadlines. There was a family atmosphere among the workers. We sorted out up to 28,000 pieces of work, spliced it together and sent the work onto the next department in time for them to make their deadlines.
Good job to start with
Field Service Technician and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2016
Good job to start with, but with many major corps, management took a good company and broke it for profits. They are no longer in existence.
Great place to grow
Sales Coordinator/ Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 1, 2016
This is going back a ways for me. I started as a receptionist and was well liked and given the opportunity to work within the sales department as a Sales Coordinator. This job was about coordinating all internal sales for this company and the 12 Sales Reps servicing New England. I maintained a database, worked to ensure delivery of signage and promotional items to my sales representatives. I offered full administrative support to our Sales Manager. I also acted as a liaison between our sales force and the corporate level sales managers. This job was a great job for me to grow and learn all aspects of both internal management as well as administrative work and interpersonal skills. I enjoyed this job. I also enjoyed the growth opportunities provided.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
It was a business that was changing due to digital age
Productive/ busy work days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 29, 2016
Working for Qualex was a lot of fun, yet it was a bit stressful. I worked with a lot of kids because I worked in the mall for Qualex to get pictures taken with Santa or the Easter Bunny. I love working with kids so it made my day go by very fast to get their pictures taken with Santa.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 18, 2016
Good place to work with lots of overtime opportunity. Enjoyed working with my co-workers there and management. Advancement rate was pretty good and all my co-workers talked about how they liked working there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Healthcare
Work with your coworker
splicer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2016
opening the film boxes, kind of racing with your co worker to see who get a different box . When were done we always help who wasn't finish.
Pros
Manager was alway there to help
Cons
when there no more work
Great opportunity
Photo Lab Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 5, 2016
This company is no longer in business locally but they helped me to obtain my first management opportunity and it has been success to follow from there.
good company to work for
Sr. Electrical Designer, Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INApril 13, 2016
40 hr work week, good working environment, good people to work for. good learning experience, hardest part of the job was the growing office politics
this job is not dependable
Tig Welder, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 6, 2016
this job does not pay well. the management is very unorganized. no holiday or vacation pay. would not advise anyone o work at this location
Pros
hire anyone
Cons
not honor good work ethic and skill
Good enough company, messy pay system
Fan Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
I only quit working as a fan photographer because my pay was late and behind for a few weeks, but the environment was fun! It wasn't until after I quit that I finally received my paychecks, although I was the only one to experience this issue.
Kodak owned the company.
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 28, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for the company, the company hired direct and didn't go through a temporary agency. The pay was great at the time, and didn't allow no kind of harassment of no sort. Too bad that the company went out of business.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
None.
Productive enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2015
Dealing with a high volume of inbound calls can be a bit challenging but over all co-workers work together well and a enjoyable friendly place to work
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
High tunover