Qualex Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2015
Managed a team of approximately 10 people and assisted provided great customer service.

Management was easy to get along with.
Pros
Great place to work compensation wise.
Cons
Long Hours
this job is not dependable
Tig Welder, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 6, 2016
this job does not pay well. the management is very unorganized. no holiday or vacation pay. would not advise anyone o work at this location
Pros
hire anyone
Cons
not honor good work ethic and skill
Great opportunity
Photo Lab Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 5, 2016
This company is no longer in business locally but they helped me to obtain my first management opportunity and it has been success to follow from there.
good company to work for
Sr. Electrical Designer, Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INApril 13, 2016
40 hr work week, good working environment, good people to work for. good learning experience, hardest part of the job was the growing office politics
Fast paced, productive and friendly workplace with great pay and benefits.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 1, 2012
A typical day at work was fast paced and hectic with lots of troubleshooting to do. I loved this job and the people I worked with. It could be very tiring and stressfull at times but the end result was a feeling of accomplishment that made it worth while. The benefits were excelent as was the pay and opportunity for advancement was important to the company. I can't say what was hardest or most enjoyable because they are pretty much the same. Overall a great place to work even with the long hours and stress.
Pros
everything
Good enough company, messy pay system
Fan Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
I only quit working as a fan photographer because my pay was late and behind for a few weeks, but the environment was fun! It wasn't until after I quit that I finally received my paychecks, although I was the only one to experience this issue.
A negative can always be a positive!!...develop your memories
District Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 28, 2015
I hired and trained all employees. Certified all new hires for OSHA standards. Managed 45 locations, did payroll and assessments for all full-time and part-time employees. I learned quality control to be a perfectionist. I enjoyed training the process. The hardest part of this position was that, they decided to close the location after 5 years and I was the one designated to give the bad news. I still miss this position very much,
Pros
never paying for enlargements, producing my own schedule.
Cons
it did last long
Kodak owned the company.
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 28, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for the company, the company hired direct and didn't go through a temporary agency. The pay was great at the time, and didn't allow no kind of harassment of no sort. Too bad that the company went out of business.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
None.
Productive ,fun family like work enviroment
Production Supervisor/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 14, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for this company and would have continued my employment here had it not closed. Overall great pay and room for advancement, co-workers who were like family with work shifts that could last 12 hours plus at times.
Overall Qualex was a very good cimpany
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, N.C.April 20, 2014
Execellent company to work for, training was very comphrensive.Pay was competitive with similar employers. A typical workday was comprised of morning meeting before shift start. In these meetings we learned what was expected for us to accomplish that day. Management was progressive in providing information on the business plan of the company for the future. co-workers were always willing to work together to attain our business goals. Unexpected customer demands sometimes interrupted current schedules. Doing a good job and being recognized for it
Pros
able to air any work-related issues
Cons
switch-over to h.m.o.'s
Company out of business
Executive/Administrative Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 25, 2015
This division of Kodak is now out of business and that explains the low rating. There was little appreciation for their staff and often expections were far beyond the role and not appropriate.
Productive enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2015
Dealing with a high volume of inbound calls can be a bit challenging but over all co-workers work together well and a enjoyable friendly place to work
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
High tunover
Nice place to work if you enjoy the outdoors.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 16, 2015
A work day includes a lot of walking, sweating, and customer service. I've learned how to have a lot a patents with people. The upper management was really not concerned about anything but making budget despite the fact you are standing in 90 degree weather without anything to drink. Overall the job is an enjoyable one if you can endure the heat and can take rejection.
Pros
Free amusement park entrance
Cons
Work in the hot sun
Fun place to work if you are a teenager.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 3, 2015
Most work is outside in the heat . Management cares about profit not you. They provide you with a camera and pants and shirt. You may sometimes get a break or lunch. Yu have to beg for water.
Pros
Free amusement park entrance
Cons
Not enough Breaks
Long Hours
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Long Hours but freedom of working in the field not tied to a desk. Pay was about average for the job and benefits were good.
Nice working at Qualex film plant..
Machine opterator (Former Employee) –  burkank CaliforinaApril 14, 2015
Qualex was a very good company that I work with very good management ..very respectful people to work with.. my fellow peers where very nice.. got along with everyone..unfortunately Qualex closed.. was very sad.. but over all had a great job..
Pros
yes there were sometimes we would have special lunches..
Cons
love my breaks would sit outside and talk to my friends while we were eating..
Great place to work, just got a better offer
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2012
This was a very great place to work. Many opportunities for training to advance your career. All upper management, co-workers and the sales force were easy to talk to, no matter what level you were in. When I worked for Lanier, I was a field technician. The best part of my position was the interaction with the many customers that I serviced. Being able to help solve their issues with their equipment.
Pros
flexibility of the work day.
Cons
finding parking.
Was a different work enviroment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 23, 2015
Sales of photos to people who would ride the rides at Silver Dollar City. On hot days there was no AC and we worked in 100 degree + weather no heaters in the winter.
Pros
small discounts
Cons
No scheduled breaks
Great advancement opportunities and travel opportunities, but terrible personnel treatment company-wide
Photographer/Sales/Site Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NC, Myrtle Beach SC, Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2012
Work experience I received while working for Qualex was great, and many interesting work situations.
Pros
easy advancement
Cons
no consideration of family time or personal time, expected to work 60 hours without extra compensation.
Dependable employment, employed over 20 years
Shift Leader/Dock worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2012
Unloaded freight as it came to the building sorted it and disbursted it to the correct deptartments.
This is where I learned managment skills, also shipping and receiving.
Managment was fair and consistant.
Worked well with all co-workers.
Long hours and no set schedule
learning new skills, Good benifits