Qualex Employee Reviews

Was a different work enviroment
Sales (Former Employee), Branson, MOAugust 23, 2015
Pros: small discounts
Cons: No scheduled breaks
Sales of photos to people who would ride the rides at Silver Dollar City. On hot days there was no AC and we worked in 100 degree + weather no heaters in the winter.
PRODUCTIVE ,FUN FAMILY LIKE WORK ENVIROMENT
Production Supervisor/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 14, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for this company and would have continued my employment here had it not closed. Overall great pay and room for advancement, co-workers who were like family with work shifts that could last 12 hours plus at times.
I loved working as Field Service Tech. because it gave me the opportunity to interact with a lot of customers.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Benicia, CAJune 6, 2015
It was a self managed work environment. Work from home to customer's site driving company vehicle. I loved it. We had an excellent technical support.
Fun place to work if you are a teenager.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austell, GAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free amusement park entrance
Cons: Not enough Breaks
Most work is outside in the heat . Management cares about profit not you. They provide you with a camera and pants and shirt. You may sometimes get a break or lunch. Yu have to beg for water.
Photo Finishing
Digital Photo Technician and Photo Retouch Artist (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: The operation plant closed down
The company specialized in finishing photos. The job was to retouch and restore photos to the original as possible. Working with the managers and the co-staff were worthy experience.
intersting
Office assistant laminating and entering data (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 14, 2015
just an office job that i worked at before college. some loud noises but its a factory. great people. easy job to do. it was just a job to earn money
Nice place to work if you enjoy the outdoors.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austell, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free amusement park entrance
Cons: Work in the hot sun
A work day includes a lot of walking, sweating, and customer service. I've learned how to have a lot a patents with people. The upper management was really not concerned about anything but making budget despite the fact you are standing in 90 degree weather without anything to drink. Overall the job is an enjoyable one if you can endure the heat and can take rejection.
Nice working at Qualex film plant..
Machine opterator (Former Employee), burkank CaliforinaApril 14, 2015
Pros: yes there were sometimes we would have special lunches..
Cons: love my breaks would sit outside and talk to my friends while we were eating..
Qualex was a very good company that I work with very good management ..very respectful people to work with.. my fellow peers where very nice.. got along with everyone..unfortunately Qualex closed.. was very sad.. but over all had a great job..
PHOTO LAB
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 25, 2015
LOADED PHOTO/NEGATIVES ON TO A PACKER MACHINE,DATA PROCESSING PACKER,SPLICER,REPRINTS, AND PRINTERS. EXAMINED QUALITY IMAGES FOR PRODUCTION PRINTS
Long Hours
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Long Hours but freedom of working in the field not tied to a desk. Pay was about average for the job and benefits were good.
Qualex was a fun place to work
Production Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work I would go in and setup the work area for production .I would warm up the machines and run tests to make sure the machines are running properly . I would then load work and watch for quality. At the end of the day I would sometimes be asked to go to another department to help.
Production Lead Manager (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pay, free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Qualex was a photo-finishing company that I worked for 15 years. Started as a seasonal worker and was hired after a couple of weeks. Started in production advanced to Administration. Moved to customer service worked there for 2 years then was promoted to Production lead. In the 15 years I worked there I learned every thing there was to know about the company. I enjoyed my years there and would still be there if it didn't close. The hardest part of the job was the hours I worked once I had kids.
I loved working for this company.
Production Lead (Former Employee), Manteca, CADecember 23, 2014
This job was a fast pace time sensitive job. I learned how photos were developed and how to handle myself in some cases very stressful time issues. My co-workers work as a team.
Fun and learning enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Durham, NCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: paid vacations and volunteer hours
I enjoyed working for Verizon, The very best job I ever had. I made sure technicians went out to provide service to our clients. troubleshoot equipment and offer a lot overtime and updated time sheets for technicians in AL,NC and SC
MORE STABLE WORK HISTORY
FILM OPERATOR (Former Employee), STEVENS POINT WIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: not boring
Cons: kind of got to day to day
THIS JOB WAS GOOD AND ENJOYABLE HAD GOOD TRAINING AND LEARNED MANY THINGS ABOUT THIS JOB. THE DAILY WORK WEEK WAS SET UP BASIC AND WE HAD DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB. ALSO THE COMPANY MADE GOOD ADVANCES EACH YEAR IN PROFITS AND HAVING GOOD EMPLOYEE MORAL.
Great Place to work
Field Technician II (Former Employee), charleston WvOctober 6, 2014
I loved working for this company to bad the industry could no longer support the staff for this work force.
Out of Buisness
Photo Tech, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: went out of buisness
The Summary says it all, i enjoyed the other people that i worked with.
Enjoyable employer to work for
Shipping & Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJuly 19, 2014
Pros: management, employees, laughter, and after work activities
Cons: heated summer conditions
Shipping & Receiving, pull orders, help others when possible

Teamwork is a wonderful tool.

Working managers, awesome form of communication skills

Helpful, some times demanding

Busy times, Christmas/Easter seasons

Teamwork of fellow teammates. Got to be apart of a work environment family
Very family friendly
Accountant II (Current Employee), DurhamJune 20, 2014
It has been a great ride at Qualex. The managers have been wonderful to work under and learn from.
Wearing many hats a typical day can be hectic but interesting and exciting.
Some of my closest relationships are with my co-workers. We are like family. Any one of them would jump in and help anytime it is needed.
Overall Qualex was a very good cimpany
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, N.C.April 20, 2014
Pros: able to air any work-related issues
Cons: switch-over to h.m.o.'s
Execellent company to work for, training was very comphrensive.Pay was competitive with similar employers. A typical workday was comprised of morning meeting before shift start. In these meetings we learned what was expected for us to accomplish that day. Management was progressive in providing information on the business plan of the company for the future. co-workers were always willing to work together to attain our business goals. Unexpected customer demands sometimes interrupted current schedules. Doing a good job and being recognized for it