Qualis Health

Qualis Health Employee Reviews

Strictly business at the DC location.
Clinical Review Nurse (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 16, 2015
Pros: Able to Telework. Wonderful co-workers. Excellent pay. Easy to get assistance from Help Desk.
Cons: Micromanaged. Unnecessarily stressful . Very high productivity required. No paid breaks.
Typical Day as a Clinical Reviewer Teleworker:
1. E-mail Management team you are starting your day.
2. Prioritize your work all day and do it as quickly and correctly as possible.
3. Send productivity to Management Team lunchtime and end of day

The best co-workers. Most everyone is supportive of and helpful to one another.

The most enjoyable part of the day is logging off at the end of the day.
I worked from home as a telecommunter.
Clinical Review Nurse (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 25, 2015
Pros: There were special dinners, perks, contests for the employees but telecommuters were not included.
A typical day for me as a telecommuter I'm sure was different from those who worked on site. I sat down at my commuter and reviewed medical cases against nation criteria to see if the requested service met the guidelines. If it met criteria then it was approved and sent to the next level. If it did not meet it was sent to a physician Advisor with my recommendation. After review I entered the decision by the physician and contacted the provider by phone. A written communication was then sent by the appropriate staff. I dealt with Providers, Physicians, my managers, used several computer programs, attended company tele-meetings, frequent in-services on line, and whatever else that came up that I could do. I had a variety of managers during my 6 years there. Some of them were very good and some were very uninterested. Offsite persons have different problems then those working out of the office and dealing with them wasn't what was familiar to them. There were connectivity problems but Quails has a wonderful IT department and they were always helpful and followed up to make sure problems were resolved. Working part time on the East cost with all my managers and co-workers in Seattle presented communication problems such as new procedures, meetings and other info was not always given to me because I wasn't there and no one thought about me.

My last manager was great however, and saw these were problems. She was very supportive. In the end my position as a part time telecommuter was eliminated.
Good at first, but went south fast
Worker Bee (Current Employee), Seattle, WashingtonDecember 6, 2014
Pros: casual clothes, free parking, interesting work
Cons: not a collegial environment
Initially, this was a great place to work: interesting work with a lot to learn and seemingly friendly and helpful co-workers. Once I had learned the ropes and the blinders were off, I quickly realized what so many others do about this place...people are generally too frantic to really be able to help you and the niceties are sometimes just a way to find out where your weaknesses lie and to gossip about you. OK, this happens everywhere, but Qualis Health could do with a more positive work environment where people genuinely do care about one another and wish to help. I didn't think there was much of a team spirit at all -- everyone knows how to do their job and their job only and even if you're in the same department -- don't expect people to be able to help you out.... ever.

Management also lacks people skills. You can work for weeks on a project and have your manager give you decent feedback, only to have it make its way to senior management later and be told your work wasn't well received and you'll be told this in the most untactful way imaginable, which is really a slap in the face. This just seems petty and mean -- not at all professional.

I think this company may be having some financial issues right now. People are leaving in droves and even people in management who were initially nice seem rather stressed out these days, but it still isn't right to take it out on your staff.
Senior Leadership is not grounded and has no appreciation for the resources it takes to do a job
Employee (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: dictatorship
Work expectation is unrealistic; there is no work / life balance.
OK place to work.
Systems Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2013
A typical day at work is working on projects or spent in one of the many meetings that is required it seems every day.
Intake Specialist/Care Management Team (Former Employee), SeattleAugust 14, 2013
Cons: if you are a person who is not detail oriented this is not the job for you, must pay attention to detail, you are dealing with data entry of surgery reviews for workmans compensation, and medicare, medicaid benefits for our government.
Productive fast for motivated individual who loves to stay on there toes. Healthcare Managment Team working to keep our providers informed. The benefits are good at this company worklife balance what ever is going on in your family they have a Human resources team that will help you work it out to fit it in to your schedule. Qualis is dedicated to helping you succeed!
Taking in request for authorization for AK Medicaid by telephone,internet and faxes
Intake Specialist Alaska Medicaid (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2012
Pros: casual dress and a fun place to work
A typical day at work was taking calls from providers needing authorizations for inpt and out pt procedures...Needing to know if it was a covered benefit and if the pt was elig for Medicaid...I learned how to use iexchange and careplanner and what was covered by AK Medicaid...Mangement was great they cared about their employees and were always there when you needed help...Co workers were great also we had a very small office with only 6 of us in the office..the hardest part of the job was learning how to trouble shoot iexchange when providers had problems loading their request...the most enjoyable part of the job was it was a very relaxed office....You worked on you own and there was no mirco management
Headquarters