QualiTest Group Employee Reviews in United States

Sr. Software QA Analyst at NCR - Under Contract (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
Stable work environment. They did not micro manage my work day. Given that I was working in a remote site the manager was quick to respond to my questions.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Mgr turnover
Remote, unsympathetic management for decent pay
Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2016
They pay well but there is no room for advancement, they are slow to deal with issues or questions, and you have to pay attention to your paychecks. Sometimes hours are left off or vacation days disappear. It doesn't feel like a strong company or a safe employer.

The main benefit is that you have time to have a life while working, but don't expect to gain new skills or be treated like a valued employee. You will put in time and make money but will not be treated like you matter or are important to the team.
Pros
Decent work/life balance, they pay you.
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
good place to work, but upper management is not right.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Very good place to work. Its just the people in the company they don't care how they treat you..they are not fair at all..It will be a very good company if they get the right management.. Also the need to give people an equal opportunity.
Good company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2016
Good company but job stability is poor due to mergers. Also, heavy workload and short deadlines to meet. Salary and benefits are good.
Interesting Work
Technical Writer and Information Manager. (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2015
I embraced this position because it used much of what I learned throughout my career. The management team made time to listen to my ideas and recommendations.
The company have a excellent security team and they protect they employee
pharmaceutical (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy working at the company and I think if any one decide to work there would also like it.I think everyone work there get alone with each other.
productive work environment with good co workers
Aerotek Contractor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2015
Good work place, fast paced and good working conditions. Short lunch breaks with limited food choices that are expensive. Supervisors are fair with goods pay wages
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
This is a good place to work with a lot of room for advancement. There are some good managers there and some great supervisors.
Packaging Tech 3, Line 8 Acting Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaJuly 30, 2015
This place has a lot of room for advancement. They give yearly raises and a bonus according to the good work you perform. They continue to strive for excellence. The managers there help you in the direction to move forward in this company.
great place to work.
janitor worker (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 17, 2015
start out day by doing exercise,work laugh and talk through out the day management dont see them that much after working all day look forward to clocking out.
Pros
like the work hours.
Cons
Not full time yet.
Great energy and environment
Senior Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2015
This company is very driven and focus on making the perfect tablet. The people here are really about helping the next guy out, and in assuring quality in our product and processes.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 28, 2015
Culture is welcoming and laid-back, benefits are very goods, great place to work. A growing company so always lots of opportunity. I recommend working for them.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Must start as a contractor
Dysfunctional with a Capital D
Corp Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 17, 2015
Low pay, unqualified, and incompetent HR Department with no consistency in any of their business practices or policies. Office is chaotic and disorganized.Company is striving to put into place a environment that resembles several area Hedge Funds - but they don't have the actual abilities to pull it off. Take a role with this company if you need something to make ends meet while you find somewhere more reputable to work.

Pros: Monthly pizza get together for the staff.

Cons: Management refused to turn heat on in the office area during winter months - bring a blanket or a space heater.
Pros
monthly pizza and beer get together.
Cons
management turned heat down in winter months in office -so layer up!
Quality Assurance Head Hunters
Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 11, 2015
Qualitest is a head hunting agency which acquires kids fresh out of college. The service they provide is that they sell "Expert" quality assurance. They have a variety of computer experts with various expertise; everything from former receptionists to great developers. The only problem is that it is a coin toss whether the employee put on a project has the required proficiency needed for it.

I have been put on many fun, low-stress projects, as well an impossible one. The atmosphere there was fun, and there can be some down time if your lucky.

Qualitest functions differently from a typical company. It's an easy hire, easy fire system: they find some kids, put them on a contracted project and say get to work! Qualitest itself doesn't have much structure to it. After contracts are signed, it is the personal responsibility of every employee to keep the customers happy. Sometimes you will get lucky and be put on a good project, for a company who clearly defines your tasks and duties. Other times you can be thrown into a world of confusion where you'll have to learn the system by trial and error, under heavy supervision.

An individuals experience at Qualitest is greatly determined by luck, as was mine. Many employees find themselves on a steady and fruitful project. If your unlucky however, you may be put on a bad or temporary project, and if Qualitest loses it's contract with your customer, (as a result of bad luck, or the customers budget in my case,) there is a good chance you might be laid off as well.

From this experience I learned the intricacies of the office; fulfilling
  more... your role within the company and trusting your superiors to handle customer relations. Working on a project in which we had to share a system, forced us to work closely with one another. This taught me about being political in my communications, especially questions and comments to my bosses, and emails to the team. Most importantly, the year I spent at Qualitest imparted me with the qualities of blunder avoidance and thorough performance in all of my endeavors.  less
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
extremely low job security
Productive work place with great learning opportunities
Quality Assurance – Intern (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 27, 2014
Learnt new software tools
Supportive coworkers who helped me ease into the company
Great supervisor who backed my ideas and utlilized my potential wisely
I loved working at QualiTest since everyday provided me with an opportunity to experiment with something that I learnt recently and to try implementing my ideas.
I gained a lot of knowledge and had fun doing it.
Pros
understanding management, paid for my gym
Productive Environment
Research and Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 30, 2014
Worked to provide quality medication for low costs.
Since leaving the organization, the company has been bought and sold a couple of times. From what I gather, the new management has improved the company.
Stay away....far away
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 18, 2014
very politically company. full of back-stabbers. Pay is generally 25% below industry average. You are treated as second class person and not as a human. Benefits are garbage. Your workplace is above a gas station.
Pros
good to experience what not to look for in a job
Cons
everything stinks
Cambodia Refugee Camp....$10.00hr pay!!!
package operator (Former Employee) –  charlotte,ncFebruary 18, 2014
Horrible, horrible place to work!!! There's a lot I can say it's just too much. Do not, even if this is the last place to work, work there! !!
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
working conditions, pay.... everything! !!
Job not secure
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 16, 2014
Hire you in a rush, then cancelled job in the next month.
Not recommend to leave your job for this one.
Qualitest was the fast pace enviornement and good opportunity to learn for new comers
Stability Scientist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 19, 2013
Pros
benefits were good
Nice company for freshers
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2013
1. Work life balance.