Quality Bicycle Products Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very ecological and healthy employer.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  NevadaJune 7, 2017
Wasn't there very long. It was hard work but management was awesome. I liked it. I picked bicycle parts in a warehouse and packed them for safe shipping. Felt like I was part of a good culture.
Pros
Very health conscious.
Cons
Short breaks. Irregular hours.
A good place to work if you're a bike enthusiast.
Buyer I (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 9, 2017
QBP is a good place to work if you are into biking. They have a wide range of positions available. They are very flexible in many of the positions as far as work/life balance, allowing flexible schedules and the ability to work from home occasionally.

They lack in proper training and you have to be very self-motivated if you want to advance or explore other career routes. Much of the coworkers and management has been with the company for a while and things are sometimes overly set in their ways of doing things.
Pros
Work-life balance, bike benefits, career options
Cons
Lack of training, management not supportive
Great people, excellent company culture, geared toward specific lifestyles
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 2, 2017
The job's perks focus on the kind of people that will buy their products, and those products lend the company towards periods of time where business slows down or speeds up (biking/outdoors).

A fairly normal warehouse environment that is still working out the kinks in their new Reno location.
Pros
Product discounts, slow season in Winter, Managers communicate well
Cons
Perks don't really do much for people who don't buy the products, warehouse is still a little disorganized
Great work environment and passionate leadership
Supply Chain Planner II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 14, 2017
I have worked in many departments within the company and each have their ups and downs within their own subculture in the company. Overall I have always been happy working at QBP.
Depends on where you start
Distribution Flex (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 12, 2017
The opinion of this company definitely depends on where you start. Little hope in advancement if you start in the warehouse. If you're in the warehouse you don't get much for the extra benefits the rest of the company gets. But if you do start or manage to get upstairs, it's quite great.
Pros
Discount, great people
Cons
little hope for advancement
Progressive company with great work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 12, 2017
Awesome, laid-back culture. Low pressure, high performance work mentality held by middle management. Not as great as it used to be, but still going in the right direction to keep up with industry trends.
QBP is a Great Place to Work
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 2, 2016
I have worked for QBP for the last 6 years. I have really enjoyed QBP, I have always felt it would be the last company I worked for. Recent changes in the market have forced QBP to open a Reno location and move the Utah location to Colorado.Now that we have moved into a smaller leased facility, I am looking for a new challenge.
Productive fun workplace!
DC Flex (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 3, 2016
QBP has been a great company to work for. The core values are amazing and they truly take care of their employees. I've learned a lot in my two years in the warehouse industy! Sad the company is relocating.
Great if you're into the bike industry
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 14, 2015
I enjoy my time here but most of the perks and benefits center around bikes. Slow season in the winter can result in cut hours. It's lower pay than other warehouses but there are bonuses, although they don't equal out.
Pros
Bike and part discounts, bonuses, classes
Cons
Lower pay, cut hours in winter, bad management
Good Culture
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialDecember 3, 2015
Work life balance is encouraged.
Work is interesting.
Co-Workers are nice people.
Professional & Personal development is encouraged.
Great discount on products sold by company.
Pros
lots of fun free events at work
Cons
health insurance is expensive
Great Atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington MNAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at QBP. It was a fun and exciting work environment. Had great supervisors and co workers who were a lot og help with new employees and myself.
Balances high productivity with relaxed atmosphere
Brand Leader, Copywriter, P.R. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 3, 2015
I had some great opportunities at QBP. Some of my biggest career successes occurred there and I am grateful for my time with them. They maintain a relaxed atmosphere and offer many unique benefits. In general, however, they do not train well, honest communication is often difficult, and leadership lacks some of the basic skills of more successful companies.

I would definitely recommend QBP as an interesting and dynamic place to work but with the caveat that personal growth and opportunities to advance are limited.
Pros
Informal attire, actively encourage physical well being, free onsite massage, dogs at work, etc
Cons
Mediocre traditional benefits such as health care, difficult expectations compared to compensation.
great place towork
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAJune 15, 2014
Pick and Pack orders accurately and safely for shipment to our dealers using RF and computer technology
• Label orders and pack safely into trucks for shipping
• Assist with replenishing inventory into the warehouse
• Follow all safety rules and best practices to process products
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
n/a
fun place to work, free coffee, laid back, family oriented
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 20, 2013
Quality Bicycle Products was a great place to work, no stress, laid back and fun. we could wear Headphones on the job which made the day go by fast.
Pros
free coffee.laid back and awesome
A bicycle-junkie's dream!
Customer Service Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 12, 2013
As the largest domestic Wholesaler of Bicycle Parts, as well as the parent-company to several well-know Bicycle Brands, QBP is an extremely vibrant place to work.

With a mission statement of "Every Butt on a Bike!" you should expect to be swept away by the infectious desire to ride, work on, create and ride some more bikes, bikes, BIKES!

Founded on delivering the best customer service in the Industry, QBP believes in the intrinsic value of supporting the IBD (Independent Bicycle Dealer) through sustainable business practices that are "best practice" as well as evolutionary.
Pros
Bikes!
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity depending on the cyclical nature of the business/industry.
Company that under-values its employees
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 27, 2013
Good Supervisor, HORRIBLE management.

Regardless of hours, you get a single break a day.

Company values itself before employees

Pros
Paid Lunch, P.T.O.
Cons
14 hour work days, 1 break a day, Strict company policies
Incredible work environment, with good people, and ping pong!
PICKER/PACKER/LABELER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 16, 2012
I worked as a seasonal PPL for one summer. It was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had. Though the hours are incredibly long, it's a relaxed environment and time flies by pretty quick. There are ping pong tables in the lunch room, you get to listen to music all day, and once I even got free beer! BEER! If they were hiring for full time, and were closer to my living arrangement, I'd work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
ping pong, good people, beer
Cons
seasonal, long hours
If you like bikes you will love to work here.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington MNFebruary 14, 2012
Great place to learn, about warehouse processes .they have bike programs abd, do alot in the community.
Pros
healthy lunch program
Cons
costly insurance if you have a family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Bicycle Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4