SUMMARY OF POSITION: Provides Family and Individual Therapy based on cognitive behavioral, problem solving and solution focused oriented model that encourages the development of linkages with natural helping networks and community resources, addresses anger management techniques, and teaches appropriate communication skills.
Population Served: Children
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts clinical assessments and provides individual and group therapy.
- Delivery of service focuses on preventative, developmental and therapeutic.
- Services are focused on assisting clients in preventing, overcoming, managing functional deficits in school, home and community.
- Assist in the development and/or maintenance of skills, behavior, and responsibilities as outlined in the service plan needed to function successfully, with the greatest possible degree of self-determination and independence, in the family, school, and community.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep all certifications current, and provide a copy of all trainings/certifications to the Human Resources Manager.
- Remain current regarding any policy changes MH/DD/SAS, CARF, and/or the LME has implemented regarding the Board of Licensure consumers.
- Demonstrate ability to act in a professional manner, be personable, work collaboratively with others, and have a positive attitude.
- Keep scheduled appointments with consumers, their families, and other service providers.
- Attend the agency’s Compliance Committee meetings as directed and scheduled by the agency’s Quality Improvement Training Director.
- Perform other job related responsibilities as determined by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Clinical Director, Quality Improvement Training Director, and/or Program Manager.
- Daily review of all modes of communication (e.g. email, voice messages) with a 24hr turnaround response time.
- All documentation that is completed and submitted must be legible, complete, accurate, clinically sound, and timely.
- Follow all safety procedures, request and use safety equipment and safety techniques, and participate in safety training.
- Must demonstrate associated proficiencies in typing, computer applications, and grammar.
To perform this job successfully and to be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Be available to work with the client and family weekly and have the ability to deliver services in various environments.
- Be available for on call consultations in the event of consumer crisis
- Document direct service delivery according to Medicaid and QCS standards
- Communication and Organizational skills are essential.
- Attendance/Punctuality of scheduled meetings with consumers, their families, and other service providers. Adjustments to meeting times are properly communicated to all parties.
- Attend and provide at least one or more hours of direct supervision each month.
- Adheres to HIPPA guidelines, confidentiality, and consumer rights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
QCS Staff Members having this position must have a Masters Degree in a human service field with a minimum of one year experience post graduate in the mental health field serving this population. In addition, staff members having this position possess full licensure status issued by the governing board regulating human service profession in the State of North Carolina. Knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the population and age to be served are required. Understanding of service coordination/activities coordination, skill building, knowledge of Medicaid Documentation standards are essential.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be fully licensed by the state of North Carolina governing board of human services.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR training, as well as Blood Borne Pathogens, and NCI or equivalent training.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and valid auto insurance.
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Medicare number is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Hostile Consumers
- Adapt to diverse social/economic environments
- Be responsible for damage to own personal property
Indeed - 22 months ago