Quality Carriers

Quality Carriers United States Employee Reviews

Like outdated food in a new wrapper
Driver (Former Employee), taylor, paMarch 12, 2015
Pros: 2 senior driver that are about to retire
Cons: a bankrupt company that was bailed out by quality
silfies runs the Taylor terminal. Management is horrible and the equipment was junk 5 years ago. There is no maintaince program that's worth anything with 1 mechanic to take care of 5 trucks and 15 trailers. Pay is on the bad side at .34 cpm that's below any tanker average. Drivers beware stay away unless you are a rookie and need some experience under your belt.
just a job
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee), prague okMarch 6, 2015
Pros: hardly in yard
Cons: lower management
The owner of this company is good at what he does, but I had some issues with the management under him. ok otherwise good. It kept me busy
Management Position
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Rahway, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: managing people
Cons: no breaks, long hours.
I ran the entire terminal, handled very sensitive HR issues with all my drivers, there were 45 drivers in all.

The most difficult part of my job was keeping the drivers working everyday to ensure they got a decent paycheck every week. I would have to oversee dispatch to make this happen.

I very much enjoy managing people.

My typical day at work was hectic, chaotic and busy all day long. I enjoy being busy, but a bit of down time every now again would be most enjoyable such as a lunch break.
Great Place to Work
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Jourdanton, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: lots of work. new truck and trailers
Cons: poor management, not enough pay
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. TOO MANY BOSSES, TERMINAL MANAGER TELL YOU ONE THING, THEN TRUCK PUSHER TELL YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT, THEY TRY TO WORK TOO MANY ACCOUNTS AND NOT ENOUGH DRIVERS. NO COMMUNICATION.ALWAYS CHANGING EVERYTHING.
Busy Days, Long nights.
o MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT & BILLER & DISPATCH (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers, i loved my job, what i was doing.
Cons: high work load, low compensation.
Work Started at 8am, I would start by making the coffee, checking all supplies, restocking bathrooms, drivers lounge, making sure everything cleaned up. Boot up my computer, check email, determine priority, answer those needed asap. Run Dispatch report, update dispatch spreadsheet, check on driver's lode and unload arrival times. Check and enter all new orders, update dispatch spreadsheet with all new orders.
Check email, answer all billing inquiries, research and solve any discrepancy's. Inquire on all past due invoices, speak to customers and note when payment is to be expected. Pull all open work orders from all 3 shops, invoice each, email, fax and mail to customer. Using Quick Books.
Run Dispatch report, update Dispatch spreadsheet. Enter new orders and update Dispatch spreadsheet.
Call to Check and confirm shuttle driver, dispatch loads, prepare all load paperwork and driver information needed, leave in driver's box for both overnight shuttle runs.
Check Status of Lead Dispatcher, Assist him with load product identification, set load times with customer, and update TMW and spreadsheet with times and confirmed product. Assist in Dispatching.
Prepare all load paperwork for all loads, fax or email to drivers as needed, and leave a copy in their driver box.
Other daily Duties,
Manage Maintenance Schedules and inspections needed on 95 trucks and 120 Trailers.
Manage Payment schedules and templates for all Driver repair loans.
Manage Payment Schedules and Templates for Driver Truck payments.
Answer driver breakdown calls, find and get a repair crew sent out to them.
Assist drivers – more... with safety testing, and all other needs.
Train new Drivers on safety procedures, logs, policy's and expectations.
Collect driver logs, report and file.
I loved my Co-Workers we worked together from 8 am to 8 or 9pm most nights, the day never ended before 7pm. That did not include the work that we all had to take home and due from home. We all worked hard and yet still managed to laugh and joke with each other thought out the day. We made working so hard fun, I look forward to going in and spending my day with them and my Drivers. Most have all still remained my friends after I departed the company.
Upper management was uncaring or understanding from their location in TN of how hard we worked or the dedication it took to keep our terminal running smoothly. With only 3 people in our office it was very difficult to get daily duties done, but we did. After we left they had to hire 2 people to replace each one of us and pay each more then we were making.
Hardest part of the job would defiantly be the work load. I love to work hard, I am better in a fast pace environment, but that was to much.
The best part was the people I worked with, my direct manager and I made a good team, we worked very well together, between the two of us there was nothing we couldn't get accomplished. I miss my coworkes every day. – less
This position was an excellent opportunity to learn the basics of Payroll Processing in the trucking world.
Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Bristol, WIJanuary 7, 2015
My experience working with local and long distance truck driver payroll needs, along with DOT ( Dept. of Transportation) issues,
was very informative.
Field sales getting and keeping huge accounts
Field Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte, TXJanuary 3, 2015
contact oil and gas co. get there business and go from there. check in on my current accounts to make sure their happy. Sales in general is all about communication and confidence, if your not comfident in your self why should anyone else be..
Review Summary
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Summit, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: monday through friday with management
Cons: affiliates assume all financial risks
QC had old equipment, they franchised all their terminals, putting economic pressure on the affiliates with them collecting the fees.
A lot of Promises Little Results
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), St. Gabriel, LAJune 25, 2014
Pros: will keep you moving
Cons: empty promises
I signed on with this company as an OWNER/OPERATOR. One of the things that's very important is back haul's. Although I was promised to have back hauls. They rarely delivered. My pay was riddled with fees and charges only leaving me with only clearing about 40% of my pay at the end of the week. It's not worth it for that much. I may as well just work for a company at that little rate.
q c is a great place to work and have a good life
Owner/Operator truck driver (Current Employee), Luling, LAJune 23, 2014
my day a t requires safety and to very attentive. with quality we demonstrate safety first. management does they best ton help you with anything possible. my co workers are very helpful. the hardest part is just making sure all things are done correctly and in order. the most enjoyable point for me is when I completed my job and returned to terminal to spend time with my family.
Recruiter
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Greer, SCMay 27, 2014
Dot files, orientation for 50+ drivers weekly. Office Manager.
Weak management and too many breakdowns on equipment
Truck Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2014
Pros: vacation and flexibility on time off with adequate notice is one of there high notes.
Cons: no regular maintenance on equipment. payroll. weak management.
Too many problems in management.
Too many mistakes with payroll.
Lack of regular maintenance on equipment.
Too many breakdowns.
great
OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), geismar, laApril 3, 2014
Pros: 10
Cons: 0
awesome loads and awesome people. was dedicated Freon tanker trainer
Love the challenge
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: awesome drivers
Cons: better to not say
There is never a dull moment at work. My drivers and my fellow dispatcher are what make my job enjoyable. Probably the hardest part of my job is preparing for payroll cutoffs on Fridays. We only have 3 hours to crunch last minute billing in the mornings. The fun part is trying to track the drivers down to turn in their paperwork to ensure they get paid. Like I said, never a dull moment. I have some of the best drivers out there though.
Good Union Job
TANKER DRIVER (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 3, 2014
Good pay and very good health benefits...but driving over-the-road is very hard on the family, especially with young kids.
waste of time
company driver (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: listed above
You work on a percentage basis with little or no back hauls. Very low percentage. Maintenance is mostly band aids and bubble gum. Terminals are shotty and dirty. Dispatchers will treat you like they own you. You will work with bad chemicals and get paid like your working with candy. Also it is an affiliate program so you actually work for a small company under a big company name. In other words you work for an owner operator that is leased to quality carriers. There is nothing quality about them. Do yourself a favor and keep looking.
OK
CDL Driver/Owner and Operator (Former Employee), Longview, WADecember 28, 2013
The company need to look at all it's terminals and do and how they are run. I won't let one bad apple spoil the whole company.
QC ENERGY
NA (Former Employee), TAMPADecember 11, 2013
CURRENTLY ALL CRUDE OIL LOADS IN ND ARE DOCKED $50 PER LOAD DUE TO ALLEGED OVERBILLING IN THE RECENT PAST TO FREEPOINT COMMODITIES WHO BUYS THE OIL.

THERE IS SPECULATION THAT QC HAS ALREADY PAID THE OVERBILLING FEE AND ATTEMPTING TO RECOUP THIS COST BY CHARGING ITS CURRENT DRIVERS. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT NO DEDUCTIONS IN ND ARE LEGAL UNLESS THE EMPLOYEE AGREES IN WRITING?

FURTHERMORE QC HAS STATED ON 3 DIFFERENT DATES THAT WINTER RATES WILL GO INTO EFFECT INCREASING BARRELL RATES BY 20%. NO INCREASE HAS GONE INTO EFFECT AS OD 12/5/13? THE LATEST SPECULARION IS THAT THE INCREASE WILL ONLY BE. .20 CENT PER BARRELL.

LASTLY, QC SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH FREEPOINT COMMODITIES CAPPING WAIT TIME (THE TIME A DRIVER WAITS TO UNLOAD) AT 2 HOURS. ALL LOADS GO TO A RAIL FACILITY THAT ACCOUNTS FOR 20% OF ALL OIL IN ND WHERE AVERAGE WAIT TIMES ARE 4 HOURS.

BAD COMPANY-BAD CONTRACT.

QC PAID $68 MILLION PLUS STOCK OPTIONS TO THE PREVIOUS OWNER IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE CRUDE OIL HAULING BUSINESS IN ND
Lowest pay. Worst dispatching. Fired for no good reason.
Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: they have to treat you nicely because the pay is so low.
Cons: low pay, confused management, expensive health insurance.
Quality Carriers uses an affiliate program which causes much confusion, poor load instructions and pay discrepancies.
I leaned that a company with a single management set-up is more efficient regarding load information and pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of time off, usually sitting somewhere miles from home in a truck stop;
The least enjoyable part of the job is seeing the bottom line of that bi-monthly paycheck, and wondering how I will feed my loved ones this month.
Would like to work local
Tanker Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
Would like to get off the OTR driving and work out of Houston. Loading and unloading oil from tanker, always stay out side the truck when loading and unloading management is easey to work with co-workers work as a team, hardest part of job is putting hoses out and working with client is a joy.

About Quality Carriers

Creating a dynamic working environment for the people who haul our freight is one of the most important investments in the future – Read more

Quality Carriers Salaries