Quality Carriers Employee Reviews in United States

Good time at home.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
The worst company in my opinion to work for. Management lies to you constantly. Money isn't steady you will work a couple of weeks without getting paid if your lucky. The dispatcher doesn't know how to talk to the drivers. The yard is a total mess it's hard to get in and out of. And they are always hiring at every terminal because drivers are constantly quitting the turn over rate is very high. And if you lease purchase a truck don't do it because sometimes all you are going to get is just enough money to cover that truck note and insurance . They don't care if you bring home no money to feed your family as long as that truck note is paid.
Pros
Good home time
Cons
Not a good place to lease purchase from.
Just plain poor in every regard
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 11, 2016
They never actually say what you can earn. Instead, other O/O's tell you what you "might" make. You will NEVER make that much. DO NOT lease a truck through their program. All you will do is work to make the payment with little left over for you. Their equipment is junk, the terminals are dumps with nothing but mud lots, you wait for ever for loads, deadhead half of the time, dispatchers don't know what they are doing, etc. If there are any "good" Quality terminals, I haven't found them. Avoid this carrier at all cost.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Pretty much everything
stay away from this headache
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 21, 2016
worked in 836 yard hauling crude what a joke money was decent biggest problem with this company is no manager support no mechanic so is one those do it yourself deals bad deal is you don't own the truck trucks are junkie and beyond something break you call the supervisor he responded but was too busy being home doing nothing so ur all by yourself out there dale and brandy are worthless people in charge stay away form 836 yard
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
broken trucks no support whatsoever
Not the place for consistency
Professional Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Empty promises but owner and staff have there favorites to get money , better runs. Pay is always wrong , you have to constantly check on it. Maintenance is a Joke! Avoid and go somewhere else. They may say 4500 a week it's more like 900-1500. Your keep in a bracket till they decide to give you more.
Pros
Time off.
Cons
Anything you can name.
Good company to work for
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 5, 2016
Overall my experience with Quality was balanced. Slightly below the perfect job if i must say. They have the largest terminal I have seen in Channelview, TX. A beautiful fleet might I add.
Pros
hotel rooms
Cons
a few cons in dispatch
its like a box of chocolate
OVER THE ROAD TANKER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610June 1, 2016
the give you way too much time on loads to where you can only do one a week.office personal is nice. job is easy. just too much down time.
Pros
nice truck
Cons
to much truck stop time
They dont pay when promaced
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 2, 2016
They want to pay for the runs ,but then you sit when u get there for a week and then they got an excuse with they cant pay dent pay
Pros
NONE
Cons
LOTS
Overall the company was a good place to work
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 10, 2015
Typically my week would start on Sunday at 1 pm. I would have the truck at my house. I would drive to the tank wash (1-2) hour drive and then hook up the tank and drive to the customer 1-2 hour drive.
I would inspect the tank and then sign out and begin driving to the customer 600 + miles away. Once I made my delivery I would then contact the company and get another load. This would continue until Fri and then I would head home
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Not enough time at home
Great family enviroment
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  chanelview texasNovember 17, 2015
The Staff is great as people can be but you run into the animosity of your not going to earn more than me type mentality from the load planning i am used to running hard and this company it too laid back on how hard they run there trucks i can make more local and be home daily compared to my bring home after expenses
Pros
Cons
no perdiem, too much downtime between loads, not enough consistency
productive
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 5, 2016
primary job was to pick up products at various locations i loved driving around the states seeing all the city areas.
to make my delivering.
A typical day at work
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 3, 2015
They are okay, not bad or nothing, I just need to make more money today then yesterday. I was doing alright with them, they are not a bad company.
Fun environment
Billing Coordinator and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Quality Carriers/Quality Distribution and communicating with all of the drivers and customer on a daily basis
Management Position
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJMarch 3, 2015
I ran the entire terminal, handled very sensitive HR issues with all my drivers, there were 45 drivers in all.

The most difficult part of my job was keeping the drivers working everyday to ensure they got a decent paycheck every week. I would have to oversee dispatch to make this happen.

I very much enjoy managing people.

My typical day at work was hectic, chaotic and busy all day long. I enjoy being busy, but a bit of down time every now again would be most enjoyable such as a lunch break.
Pros
managing people
Cons
no breaks, long hours.
Like outdated food in a new wrapper
Driver (Former Employee) –  taylor, paMarch 12, 2015
silfies runs the Taylor terminal. Management is horrible and the equipment was junk 5 years ago. There is no maintaince program that's worth anything with 1 mechanic to take care of 5 trucks and 15 trailers. Pay is on the bad side at .34 cpm that's below any tanker average. Drivers beware stay away unless you are a rookie and need some experience under your belt.
Pros
2 senior driver that are about to retire
Cons
a bankrupt company that was bailed out by quality
Busy Days, Long nights.
o MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT & BILLER & DISPATCH (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Work Started at 8am, I would start by making the coffee, checking all supplies, restocking bathrooms, drivers lounge, making sure everything cleaned up. Boot up my computer, check email, determine priority, answer those needed asap. Run Dispatch report, update dispatch spreadsheet, check on driver's lode and unload arrival times. Check and enter all new orders, update dispatch spreadsheet with all new orders.
Check email, answer all billing inquiries, research and solve any discrepancy's. Inquire on all past due invoices, speak to customers and note when payment is to be expected. Pull all open work orders from all 3 shops, invoice each, email, fax and mail to customer. Using Quick Books.
Run Dispatch report, update Dispatch spreadsheet. Enter new orders and update Dispatch spreadsheet.
Call to Check and confirm shuttle driver, dispatch loads, prepare all load paperwork and driver information needed, leave in driver's box for both overnight shuttle runs.
Check Status of Lead Dispatcher, Assist him with load product identification, set load times with customer, and update TMW and spreadsheet with times and confirmed product. Assist in Dispatching.
Prepare all load paperwork for all loads, fax or email to drivers as needed, and leave a copy in their driver box.
Other daily Duties,
Manage Maintenance Schedules and inspections needed on 95 trucks and 120 Trailers.
Manage Payment schedules and templates for all Driver repair loans.
Manage Payment Schedules and Templates for Driver Truck payments.
Answer driver breakdown calls, find and get a repair crew sent out to them.
Assist drivers
  more... with safety testing, and all other needs.
Train new Drivers on safety procedures, logs, policy's and expectations.
Collect driver logs, report and file.
I loved my Co-Workers we worked together from 8 am to 8 or 9pm most nights, the day never ended before 7pm. That did not include the work that we all had to take home and due from home. We all worked hard and yet still managed to laugh and joke with each other thought out the day. We made working so hard fun, I look forward to going in and spending my day with them and my Drivers. Most have all still remained my friends after I departed the company.
Upper management was uncaring or understanding from their location in TN of how hard we worked or the dedication it took to keep our terminal running smoothly. With only 3 people in our office it was very difficult to get daily duties done, but we did. After we left they had to hire 2 people to replace each one of us and pay each more then we were making.
Hardest part of the job would defiantly be the work load. I love to work hard, I am better in a fast pace environment, but that was to much.
The best part was the people I worked with, my direct manager and I made a good team, we worked very well together, between the two of us there was nothing we couldn't get accomplished. I miss my coworkes every day.
Pros
co-workers, i loved my job, what i was doing.
Cons
high work load, low compensation.
Lowest pay. Worst dispatching. Fired for no good reason.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
Quality Carriers uses an affiliate program which causes much confusion, poor load instructions and pay discrepancies.
I leaned that a company with a single management set-up is more efficient regarding load information and pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of time off, usually sitting somewhere miles from home in a truck stop;
The least enjoyable part of the job is seeing the bottom line of that bi-monthly paycheck, and wondering how I will feed my loved ones this month.
Pros
they have to treat you nicely because the pay is so low.
Cons
low pay, confused management, expensive health insurance.
Joke
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  South Williamsport PANovember 5, 2013
I worked for an affiliated terminal located in S. Williamsport PA.

I did not have a driving position. I was in the office.

They hire you as salary, but then if you can not make it to work for whatever reason, they will dock your pay.

Training? F that. Into the fire you go when things are ok for some and not for others. The worst training program I have ever been a part of.

Pay - was ok. Benefits, a little pricey. Atmosphere? Ridiculous. A handful of people working "together" but getting stabbed in the back as soon as they leave the office. No matter if it was the terminal manager, dispatchers, drivers, shop guys...place was a joke.

I don't miss it for one minute.
Pros
nadda
Cons
read the review
Great Place to Work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work. Too many bosses, terminal manager tell you one thing, then truck pusher tell you something different, they try to work too many accounts and not enough drivers. No communication.Always changing everything.
Pros
lots of work. new truck and trailers
Cons
poor management, not enough pay
just a job
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  prague okMarch 6, 2015
The owner of this company is good at what he does, but I had some issues with the management under him. ok otherwise good. It kept me busy
Pros
hardly in yard
Cons
lower management
q c is a great place to work and have a good life
Owner/Operator truck driver (Current Employee) –  Luling, LAJune 23, 2014
my day a t requires safety and to very attentive. with quality we demonstrate safety first. management does they best ton help you with anything possible. my co workers are very helpful. the hardest part is just making sure all things are done correctly and in order. the most enjoyable point for me is when I completed my job and returned to terminal to spend time with my family.

2.9