Quality Carriers Employee Reviews

Company works for itself not the employees
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 1, 2017
Hard to get decent loads as an owner operator. Did not pay enough for each load and would change the rates behind your back without notice. Certain terminals were better than others as the terminals are independently owned.
Pros
Good pay when you could get it.
Cons
Very bad management treatment of drivers.
Over road company
Driver Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Company provides good benfits, but doesnt have flexable schudale and pay rate sometimes meet promise, and leaves you out on the road to long, without direction
Recruiting
Northeast Field Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
If it was easy everyone would want to do it. You need to be committed to your career, this is not just another job. My days start at 6 am and I work till 6 or even 7 pm, self-driven.
Pros
Great coworkers
Maintenance Leader (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 19, 2016
For the most part everyone is their own boss. Certain areas it is hard to get help in. Work environment is fairly good for the most part. A few extra perks are included.
Stay away!
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Keymar, MDAugust 26, 2016
This company is extremely hard to deal with. Management is awful. Dispatchers are nasty to drivers. You start out making $1000 a week, then after a year barely making $500 a week. Equipment breaks down frequently. It's like working a rotating shift every day. One day you work nights, next day you work days. Very difficult to establish a regular sleep pattern as a local driver. Benefits are outrageously expensive. You work on a percentage basis. I wouldn't recommend it.
Cons
great compensation for truck driving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2016
you have the ability to make the money that you want to
Quality does not have a maximum income level
most terminals are independently owned
Would be great company if I weren't micro managed from Tampa Florida
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicopee MassachusettsJuly 25, 2016
The management is ok at the terminals butt the management and safety offices at corporate have complete disdain for the driver. I had one today at a meeting that driver today are not what they used to be forgetting that he lowered the starting rate so it was impossible to get experienced drivers. We are corporate we're getting a pretty fair rate and then over the Christmas holidays while some of the lead drivers were still on the road they told us you're no longer getting mileage you're no longer getting layover pay you're all going to get a percentage of the load but didn't tell us how we would be able to see what the load was worth. Our pay has went down, we're hemorrhaging experienced drivers and we can't get anybody good to come aboard. Working for corporate was great Intel management got greedy and safety decided to micromanage drivers and treat every driver like a rookie
idiot
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
Adversarial relationship between corporate and Driver
Dont lease a truck
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJuly 15, 2016
All Q.C. affiliate pay 62% of load and loads don't pay good. If u lease a truck and behind on a note and have a nice check they take there money and won't care if you broke. They fuel surcharge sucks. They won't help you get a use truck. New trucks lease notes are 642.13 a week. No maintenance program for driver. Don't buy parts from them of any kind they add 30% to them.
Cons
Add this firm to your TO AVOID list.
Bulk tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, PAJuly 15, 2016
Quality Carriers have several affiliates, one of the them is FT Silfies/Donmoyer with their corp. office in Ono, PA. This review reflects my experience with this particular affiliate based in Ono, PA, now part of Quality Carriers. The initial, probably good intentions of this firm go down the hill upon a closer look so any job seeker, esp. drivers should be aware of their problems. Their problems are mostly related to inexperienced management which besides other things reflects the lack of respect for their drivers whom should have been their most valuable asset and without whom the firm will collapse. Despite the act their upper management puts on during the orientation, more less to overwhelm their new recruits, the firm is showing some serious problems.

First major problem is their outdated equipment where their trucks and trailers, delivering 80,000 lbs 90% of time, can be decades old. They have newer equipment but that is allocated to chosen seniority based employees only. Their tractors are showing wear and tear in every possible way (beat up, extremely dated and dirty, and are barely able to pull the full capacity or 80K lbs. The same can be said about their trailers which leak air from most of their valves. Once the new driver realizes that most of their clients are based in NY City he'll understand the seriousness of pulling 80,000 lbs on extremely busy major highways while using old equipment. Second big problem is their business strategy where management often makes promises they never meant to keep. That relates to the absolute lack of mutual respect related
  more... to relationships between drivers and management as well as among drivers themselves. One other big issue is also the low wages where the actual percentage earned from each delivered load barely comes to 50% of the wages promised by management at the hiring point. Driver often realizes that after prorating his income by actual hours worked he earns as little as 6-9 $/hour.  less
Pros
Cons
Old equipment, horrible management
QC Energy. Made good money
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Killdeer, NDJuly 12, 2016
Best place to work in North Dakota Hauling crude oil. Made a lot of money while it lasted. Management was good people. Dispatch was good till it got slow they had their own trucks on. If North Dakota comes back QC Energy is where you want to be. I was an Owner Operator. I would still be working there if the work was there or comes back.
Pros
Good money. Good people
Cons
Work ran out
its like a box of chocolate
OVER THE ROAD TANKER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33610June 1, 2016
the give you way too much time on loads to where you can only do one a week.office personal is nice. job is easy. just too much down time.
Pros
nice truck
Cons
to much truck stop time
Good time at home.
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
The worst company in my opinion to work for. Management lies to you constantly. Money isn't steady you will work a couple of weeks without getting paid if your lucky. The dispatcher doesn't know how to talk to the drivers. The yard is a total mess it's hard to get in and out of. And they are always hiring at every terminal because drivers are constantly quitting the turn over rate is very high. And if you lease purchase a truck don't do it because sometimes all you are going to get is just enough money to cover that truck note and insurance . They don't care if you bring home no money to feed your family as long as that truck note is paid.
Pros
Good home time
Cons
Not a good place to lease purchase from.
Good company to work for
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 5, 2016
Overall my experience with Quality was balanced. Slightly below the perfect job if i must say. They have the largest terminal I have seen in Channelview, TX. A beautiful fleet might I add.
Pros
hotel rooms
Cons
a few cons in dispatch
Just plain poor in every regard
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 11, 2016
They never actually say what you can earn. Instead, other O/O's tell you what you "might" make. You will NEVER make that much. DO NOT lease a truck through their program. All you will do is work to make the payment with little left over for you. Their equipment is junk, the terminals are dumps with nothing but mud lots, you wait for ever for loads, deadhead half of the time, dispatchers don't know what they are doing, etc. If there are any "good" Quality terminals, I haven't found them. Avoid this carrier at all cost.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Pretty much everything
They dont pay when promaced
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 2, 2016
They want to pay for the runs ,but then you sit when u get there for a week and then they got an excuse with they cant pay dent pay
Pros
Cons
Lots
stay away from this headache
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 21, 2016
worked in 836 yard hauling crude what a joke money was decent biggest problem with this company is no manager support no mechanic so is one those do it yourself deals bad deal is you don't own the truck trucks are junkie and beyond something break you call the supervisor he responded but was too busy being home doing nothing so ur all by yourself out there dale and brandy are worthless people in charge stay away form 836 yard
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
broken trucks no support whatsoever
Not the place for consistency
Professional Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Empty promises but owner and staff have there favorites to get money , better runs. Pay is always wrong , you have to constantly check on it. Maintenance is a Joke! Avoid and go somewhere else. They may say 4500 a week it's more like 900-1500. Your keep in a bracket till they decide to give you more.
Pros
Time off.
Cons
Anything you can name.
productive
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 5, 2016
primary job was to pick up products at various locations i loved driving around the states seeing all the city areas.
to make my delivering.
Great family enviroment
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  chanelview texasNovember 17, 2015
The Staff is great as people can be but you run into the animosity of your not going to earn more than me type mentality from the load planning i am used to running hard and this company it too laid back on how hard they run there trucks i can make more local and be home daily compared to my bring home after expenses
Pros
Cons
no perdiem, too much downtime between loads, not enough consistency
Overall the company was a good place to work
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 10, 2015
Typically my week would start on Sunday at 1 pm. I would have the truck at my house. I would drive to the tank wash (1-2) hour drive and then hook up the tank and drive to the customer 1-2 hour drive.
I would inspect the tank and then sign out and begin driving to the customer 600 + miles away. Once I made my delivery I would then contact the company and get another load. This would continue until Fri and then I would head home
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Not enough time at home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9