Quality Custom Distribution Employee Reviews in United States

a day at work
Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I get handed a pile of orders and have to pick them, then may have to love a couple of trucks. After I'm done picking and loading trucks I get to go home
A very Hands-on and active labor Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day at work for quality custom distribution, would be to clock in and head down to the warehouse from the office, switch into work gear, wither it be freezer gear or regular warehouse uniform. Then to begin organizing your work space for the work load you were going to have that day. Once organized and ready to go, you would go and get your orders from the wear house lead, and start picking orders for the routes you were assigned for the day.

I learned really good teamwork skills from this job. Even though, everyone had there own routes to pick for the day, the job wasn't done until all the routes were picked for that night. So i learned how to encouraged my coworkers if they maybe were not having a good day, and were slowing down, or even give tips to my coworkers on things that worked for me to boost productivity so that as a group we could all get done with our work at the scheduled time.
Pros
Teamwork, Active, 40+ hour days
Cons
Overworked sometimes, Extreme work conditions
Fair Place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCDecember 15, 2015
Day consisted of sitting up deliveries, assigning trucks to doors for unloading, receiving BOL's from receivers (blind receiving)
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 8, 2015
Enjoyable environment. Great co workers that were fun to be around. Very fast paced which was nice and made the day go by quickly.
Decent Company/Bad Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCAugust 23, 2015
Good company to get a start in the trucking/food service side of things. Management is screwed over here. Changing faces every so often. They are more worried about what you do inside the truck than when your outside working in the dark and someone walks up on you. Cameras inside the truck, they are heavy on that. You can't even drink, yawn or sneeze when that camera is on you.
Pros
Decent pay for what you did but could've been a little more....
Cons
too quick a turnaround as far as 10 hours off, not home as much only to sleep and go right back in. Management really sucked.
great work crews, too many layers of upper management
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
in a day we get out 34 delivery trailers with picked custom orders. Taking care of facility maintenace,making sure all refrigeration systems are running in good order. Filling out all paper work and posting on sharedrive.too many upper management layers. best part working with the floor crew on a day by day bases.
Pros
insureance packet, 401k
Cons
hours worked in a day average 13 hours five to six days a week and you had to work one weekend day.
Good hours advancement opportunities could improve
Customer Service/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2015
I like the culture and team I work with, would definitely be open for opportunities within the company.
A lot of down time however it can get real busy.
Great Company bad management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Job is threatened either by write ups or termination on a daily basics, everything is the drivers fault, routes run too close together 10 hour turn a rounds with no consideration for home life. Logs kept with mobile phone and turnpike with many problems with logging into truck which causes log issues that they will not correct. Use to be good place to work but over the last year it become very stressful with regional manager being fired and supervisors resigning.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful job threatened on daily basics
Good
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Non-stop and very energized.
Good benefit but compensation is not great.
Balance work/Life is not good.
Poor morale, Poor management, questionable practices!!
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TexasDecember 21, 2014
Management at this particular location demand that drivers show up almost an hour before actual dispatch/clock in time and perform pre-trip and load check without actually being on the clock, basically free labor without pay! Redundant daily meetings which conflict with the already short time windows allowed to complete the route, poor management of time. Unrealistic demands on time to complete the route assigned, severe mistrust on the part of management towards the drivers by having 24 hour surveillance cameras inside the cab of tractor. Poor morale amongst drivers, negative talk about management, HR, and procedures. Lots of phony tough guys who "try" to intimidate new employees or those they see as a threat, ridiculous!!The only real positive of the position was dealing with the customers, met some very nice people. Overall I really wouldn't recommend working for this company based on the reasons I addressed earlier, much better companies out there to work for!
Pros
customers!!!
Cons
many!!
Productive and positive environment
Dairy/Food Handler (Current Employee) –  La Puente, CASeptember 29, 2014
Start early with stretching to begin with. Management is very good on laying out the plans for the day.
Pros
free soda, raffles
Cons
long 10 hour days
Great place to work and interact with customers
Class A Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tigard, OregonSeptember 9, 2014
Pre-trip
Route Performance.
Grave Yard Schedule.
Interaction with customer in a daily basis.
Physical Labor.
Pros
great benefits, great paid
Cons
long hours, graveyard
Good benefits and good coworkers
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, OrJune 5, 2014
Great place to retire from, good benefits and pay. Job security and good incentives and rewards.
Pros
free dinners, ten hour shifts, benefits, pay
Cons
na
the job wasn't for me.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 6, 2013
The nights were long, the company was disorganized, and they were not team players. there was a lack of communication, but my co-workers were good to work with.
Growing company with great benefits
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXAugust 28, 2013
Order selecting for Starbucks Coffee stores. Very physical and hard labor work. Work in the freezer and the cooler usually at least once a week.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long days, work weekends and holidays
Very cool place to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2013
Was a good company to work for,good benefits and coworker get along with each other good salary fast pace job to bad the moved.
Pros
bbq in parking lot cool.
Cons
2 15 minute brakes and 30 minute lunch.
In my honest opinion...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2013
I believe that this companies' training program needs to be better. With proper training, most employees can succeed in the workplace. Being let go after a week due to a bogus excuse was unacceptable. No feedback from the trainer or manager. They expected you to know everything already when you have the job. I kept asking for work to do, jobs to help with, but many of my co - workers would just snub me off or tell me no work needed to be done when it was being done. I personally think this "family" and "clique" environment is what kept me from enjoying or being at this job for long. If they only wanted a person for a set amount of time or if they made a mistake in paying someone too much and let them go this way, then honesty is the best policy. However, the excuse they gave to me was in other words "a slap in the face" with how I conducted myself and business there with no secure training and guidance, and also no warnings of my performance (or my security being in jeopardy).

I'm happy that I have many other opportunities in the future waiting for me (with much better security, benefits, and advancement opportunities) since this job was a dud. Their "professionalism" needs to be more in check with how the company wants things done. This is unacceptable.
Pros
job pay
Cons
training, environment, job security
ok job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2013
ok job.....needs to rethink pay scale....pays better by the mile than by the case
Self-starter, idealistic, team oriented
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 30, 2013
My day starts off by giving driver safety meetings and delivery instructions. I organize the timely deliveries to our customers in a fashion that our drivers are capable of succeeding.

With the guidance of Management, I was able to give ideas on product prepping and loading capacity. My co-workers and I had the task of completing, on a average of 750 stores, deliveries to our customers on an "on time" basis.

The most enjoyable time I had with the company is when I complete and nights work without issues. When the night runs smooth. In some cases store, mechanical, delivery issues arise and I have to come up with solutions within minutes, which I am able to do successfully.

The hardest thing about this job was getting everyone (drivers) on board to your ideas. This a union shop and some drivers just don't give management a chance to show them ideas without union representation. Nonetheless, my ideas to get across.
Productive and caring work environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2012
I decided to take a "gap year" from school. I started working there right after high school. After a year had passed by, I decided to enroll my self into school. They were more than happy to work around my school schedule. As my schedule got more demanding, the more flexible they got. I am happy to get them an overall rating of 5 stars.
Pros
management
Cons
work hours

2.9