Quality Drive Away Employee Reviews

On the road driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 20, 2017
Quality Drive Away is a great company to work for. The only bad thing is that they don't have no benefits. You pick the days you want to work and the loads you prefer to drive.
Pros
Several days off. No force dispatch.
Cons
No health benefits or Dental
Perfect for people who like to work at their own pace and time
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAApril 13, 2017
You are your own boss. You make your own time and pick when you want to work with no force dispatch all the people are hardworking people and helpful to make transporting with quality a good experience
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 1, 2016
Great company so far. The BIG negative is they choose to pay on Comdata cards and nothing else. So, you must pay to get paid. Comdata gouges like crazy. That would be the biggest issue. FrIendly staff.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
COMDATA pay cards that gouge... kinda wonder if QDA gets a kickback
Drive
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 10, 2016
Pick up a unit fuel it up and head out to your destination
Professional drivers at all levels are needed
Your fellow drivers are more than willing to help you out
hardest part is long days
Get to travel
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long days
Bathroom and computer access 24/7
Driver (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 24, 2016
For the most part its a stressful job. It is up to us to deliver vehicles safely and promptly to the destination. We are payed a certain amount for gas and it doesn't usually cover it. It's more productive and cost efficient to travel with others so me and my family do. The most enjoyable part is the ride through beautiful landscape or napping on the way home. But I is very stressful delivering inside large cities that have little access for larger vehicles. We do have people to call if something goes wrong or if there are problems.
Pros
Free gas at times and super short trips pay more.
Cons
The regulations weren't written by people who drive.
traveling job
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed the experience of seeing different places, the company could have been better organized. for the most part it was a new experience
Pros
traveling
Cons
no benefits
Good Company to work with.
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 28, 2016
indeed has forced me to review this company.

Quality Drive away is a good company to work with.
they are a drive away/delivery outfit out of Indiana.

they have work in the eastern portion of the lower 48.
I did deliver a bus to L.A., oragon, and Montana. they did not have runs coming back east tho, and I did not want to wait it out.

they are good to advance half your pay at the start of a run. and if I was in a pinch they would help out.

I had more friction with the pick up and drop off locations than I did with the mothership company.

if your a over the road driver, or like to gypsy around the country. give them a call
Challenging experience that force us to stay on our feet
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 10, 2016
Typical day - 5 to 5 1/2 days per week. 45-52 hours a week. Worked in an office environment dispatching and managing drivers while trying to move 200-600 commercial vehicles across the continental United States at a given time.

I learned how to drive a commercial vehicle.

Management - was great. I answered directly to the Regional Southcentral Manager. He was open to suggestions and allowed me the responsibility to train new dispatchers for the new office. At least twice a month our Regional Manager would even buy us lunch.
I knew exactly where the General Manager of the division and the owner stood on some matters of the company. The owner actually took the time to sit down and talk with me about the company; even after the Regional and General Manager had agreed to hire me. It is still interesting to me how different companies operate in different ways.

My coworkers were great. There were many times we would have lunch together. I was a good atmosphere. We seemed to always work well together, even in stressful situations.

The Hardest part of the job was leaving. You can call it God, the Holy Spirit, or your sixth sense: call it what you want, but I had an overwhelming feeling and direction for about 4 months to get out of there. What happened went like this: we as driver manager/dispatchers had a tremendous responsibility over dispersing money to drivers to perform their duties in transporting commercial vehicles across the state (we handled a lot of money). After I left the company, one of the senior dispatcher/ driver managers was arrested and convicted for
  more... embezzling over $60000 from the company. He conned everyone. Glad I wasn't there for that.

The most enjoyable part of the business was the constant change/chess match in dealing with drivers challenging them to handle poor paying loads as well as good paying loads. Also, the fact that my immediate supervisor continually asked for me to come back. There was even a time during my re-cooperation that the company wanted to send me a laptop and have me work with them remotely while they were in Louisiana and I was in Montana. I guess I did a great job for them.
Pros
Free lunches, stimulating enviroment, got to live in Louisiana and eat cajun food
Drive Away
Independent Vehicle Transporter (Current Employee) –  Goshen, IN 46528March 29, 2016
Work load depends on available units to be moved. A good job if you are single and/or have no other responsibilities at home. Not recommended for single parents.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
The expenses may outweigh the income
good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 7, 2016
I tried the drive aways for a while I did not have a tow car and it cost too much to get back on public transportation and wasn't making enough money but before my husband passed he made good money he had his own truck and we were able to drive back after we dropped off new campers
great dispatchers
RV Hauler (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 17, 2016
I haul RV's all over the US and Canada. I spend lots of hours behind the wheel of my pickup. The company is fair to work for and have always treated me fairly.
February 8, 2016

Thank you for your review. If there is ever anything we can do to help you please let us know.

This company is a joke and would go work at carwash before working for them.
independent contractor/driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 24, 2015
they give you the we a great company talk to get you to work for them. once you start working you will find that this company is the pits. they will try everything they can , not to give you your bond money back. if you have a breakdown , they will leave you stranded, so you better have money to get where you have to go. when you have an accident they tell you oh it not your fault, but they will wait until you almost forgot about it and come back and try to charge you for everything. the management is rude along with the dispatchers. you will not get all your money on you com data card, they make you fax over a bunch of paper or make you genius scan all reports and say they don't get all of it
Pros
you get so the country
Cons
they rip you off and treat you like a slave
February 8, 2016

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our company. I will try to address some of the issues you have shared in this post. We always return bond money as long as we receive all of our property back after you have decided to leave the company. This includes any license plates and IFTA's you may still have in your possession. Also, if you have an accident the first $1,000 in damages comes out of your bond but we in turn take care of the rest of the charges, which seems pretty fair to me. If the vehicle breaks down we do not leave our drivers stranded. We will always work with the driver to make sure they are taken care of. If you have driving hours left in your day we will compensate you for those hours when the vehicle has been down 2 hours or longer. We have even put drivers in a hotel overnight to make sure they are ready to go back on the road when possible. I'm not sure who the management is that you are referring to but we managers strive to be available to all drives when they have problems and need someone to speak with. In regards to the ComData and the documents, of course we need to have the documents back to show you have completed your delivery before we can issue you payment. This is common at many other companies and nothing new to the industry. We try to make the process as painless as possible but there are steps that need to be taken to ensure payment is made in an orderly process. If you would like to speak with a manager you can feel free to contact us any time.

Take a chance place
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GADecember 14, 2015
No units to move slow must seek another source of income while employed here you call everyday sometimes 5 times a day praying for work
Cons
No medical barely work
February 8, 2016

I'm sorry you have experienced a rough time with finding loads. Unfortunately there is seasonality to some of our locations. I see that you are in Griffin, GA and they have slow times between September and January. We are however ramping back up and will have more work than we can handle soon when we begin delivering school buses again. I would encourage you to try the business again when we are in our busy season. I guarantee you will see different results.

Good People
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Goshen, IndianaSeptember 29, 2015
Great Administration, friendly people, cooperative. But pay is not the beat for this industry. nice terminal locations, fast processing of paper work.
February 8, 2016

Thank you for the review. We like to think we are a pretty friendly group and take pride in treating our drivers like family. Unfortunately pay is always fluctuating depending upon fuel prices and the surcharges manufacturers include, we strive to always remain competitive in the market. We also like to advertise our same-day settlement process. It is absolutely possible to be paid same day for your run if you have all your paperwork together and ready. I know we are leaders in the industry for fast pay turnaround. Thanks again and let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help.

Not hating.Just stating.
Contractor driver (Former Employee) –  GoshenSeptember 1, 2015
Quality drive away is basically designed to make money off of the driver while not paying you that much.To put it simple , you are driving for company pay, with owner responsibility. If anything were to go wrong (THANK GOD IT DIDN'T) It will be all on YOU! If someone calls in on you for any reason, they can terminate your lease without a question. No investigation or anything. That is totally contrary to ANY lease agreement ANYWHERE! They sit on the fence post with you.In other words they will hang you out to dry and wipe their hands clean.They will point the finger at YOU for anything that goes wrong , when in fact it was their customer service and logistics that neglected to cover all of their bases. . I have been a trucker for 24 years. I know what I am talking about.
Pros
Feeling of being independent
Cons
Low pay.Low support. Low respect.
Interesting and diverse place to work.
Recruiter/Call Screener (Former Employee) –  Goshen INAugust 12, 2015
I would answer the recruiting pool line and give out the bullet points for Quality Drive Away/Foremost Transport. I learned about the drive away industry. Management always wanted the best for the employees. Co-workers were very team oriented. Taking calls off the call list. Talking to people from all over the United States
Pros
Three times a year the company bought lunch for everyone.
Cons
Medical insurance could have been better.
pretty fun gig if you like to travel
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 25, 2015
you basically deliver (as in drive yourself or tow) vehicles from different one place to another. A company like UPS will order a new truck and so you will pick up that truck from a manufacture site and deliver it to one of UPS' location (they tell you which). You get paid by the mile, a portion upfront and the rest upon delivery. Average delivery will take 3-4 days since you're often going from places like Goshen, IN to Sacramento, CA -- most of the vehicles have speed restrictions as well. Last thing...plan your trips accordingly. There are times where you might be miles away from a gas station and if you run out of gas you could be stranded for days before getting help (or using your own personal money to get help).
Pros
travel a lot, decent pay if you have a tow-car, work at your own time schedule, living life like a truck driver
Cons
pay your own travel expenses and hotel stay, long days away from home, must find your own way home or to another pickup location or be stranded
Family driven company with a great work/life balance
Corporate Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 12, 2015
I could never say I loved coming to work every day until I started working for Quality Drive Away. The company is family owned and you can tell! The work/life balance is amazing and they truly believe in family first. The atmosphere is very casual and everyone makes you feel like you are at home. The level of teamwork and support given is second to none. I love working with the drivers every day, making their lives better and helping them achieve their dreams. I couldn't imagine doing anything else.
Pros
Family atmosphere, casual environment
Cons
Health Insurance
Holiday Job while attending school
Safety and Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 25, 2015
Fast paced and busy. Best part was the hours. Worst part was that when the holiday passed my job would end. Nice people to work with, great management.
June 24, 2015

Thank you so much for the review. We love to hear feedback from our drivers. I'm glad you enjoyed your time spent partnering with us and wish you the best in your future endeavors. Please come back if you have the chance!

team transfer driver
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 22, 2015
call dispatch,accept a pick up of vehicles,deliver vehicle on time and in perfect condition
Drive either short or long hours,depending on where we had to deliver vehicle
perform daily paper logs
Ask customer to sigh Bill of Ladins after we deliver vehicles
copy and fax all BIll of Ladins to company
Obey al Department of Transportation rules and regulations
Pros
worked as a team with husband, able to see USA
Cons
no healthcare benefits, low pay, poor management
May 13, 2015

I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience with our company. I would love to be able to speak with you personally to find out what I may be able to help with in order to make you happier with your decision to join our family. Since our drivers are independent contractors and owner-operators we do not offer any health, dental or vision benefits as we are not your employer, only your partner. I would like more feedback on the comment about poor management if you feel comfortable sharing your experience with me. Please feel free to contact me at c.bowling@qualitydriveaway.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Drive Away. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8