Quality Food Centers Employee Reviews

A solid financially performing Company
Service Manager Canyon Park (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 9, 2016
Great opportunities available. As a member of the Kroger family, they have the synergy to buy on a great cost basis to maximize profits through lower cost of goods.
great company to work for
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 25, 2016
job was fun energetic and had a reliable steady work week. pay good and benefits were good. hours were nice. management in a whole was good and had a very nice relationship with all employees.
I ran the store during graveyard hours and was in charge of ordering of grocery
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 15, 2016
We had a small crew at night and had to work hard efficient. On load nights it could be a challenge because of lack of man power and a revolving door of night employees. I had to manage my employees while at the same time help customers and watch for shoplifters. My store directors expected a lot out of us and were also fair and understanding. I loved the fast pace of the job and the responsibilities I had. I learned that you have to deal with employees as individuals because all people are different. A lot leading is by example and it's important to be aware and work hard.
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits, Job security, opportunity of advancement
Cons
Training new employees because of turnover, sometimes unrealistic expectations of work load
Corporate
Cheese Monger (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2016
When i received this job, i was in a very bad position in my life so I was looking for a job that paid the bills and not a job that i knew that I qualified for. During the time of my hire, I had almost ten years of hospitality/customer skills on my belt so i was more than qualified for the position that was a level entry and also could have been considered an advanced sales position. I was hired being paid minimum wage, which was given to myself and some of the team that i worked with. I did stay with this company (happily) for about six months, because i was taught something new and was able to open a cheese monger position with this company. (as this was just being rolled out when I started)

After some time, my starting wage and advanced experience was affecting me so i wanted to leave with no hesitation, while my supervisor and store manager asked me to stay.

I found a job with little efforts at the Crowne Plaza with help from my friend that was working there in a different department, but more had to do with my work experience and dedication to work with pride, passion and integrity.
Pros
Was able to advance my knowledge of food and customer service.
Cons
When hired, the company took advantage of my vulnerable state and i received less then my value.
Dynamic Workplace but low pay
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 28, 2016
-Great coworkers and management
-Majority of customers are really cool and nice
-Great flexibility of schedule
-Low Pay
-Physical job
Great Entry Level Job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job is having to be on your feet almost constantly for several hours. However, its really fun to interact with people and help them out. You never hesitate to ask if someone needs help. You also tidy the store along with bagging groceries making sure everything is nice.
Good place to work. People are nice
Assistant meat department manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 15, 2016
I had a good time working for QFC over the years. I would like to work there again if possible. The people are good and supportive and the work is very steady and just challenging enough. A typical day at work involved me coming in early and setting up the meat case, putting away the load and organizing the cooler. Then i would make a cutting list and proceed to cut what was needed for the day. The mid to end of day i was thinking about what items to order for the next days load. Then i would make my order and make any last minute cuts as needed before i went home.
Pros
good steady work. never boring
Cons
scheduling 2 days off in a row is hard to do
A growing family/employee /customer centric company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 31, 2015
GREAT company to work for as a privately held company. Employees easily bought into company culture. Customer service and customer satisfaction were the tenets of the company. Employees were respected and, therefore, projected the proper company image.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement if deserving
Fun work environment with flexible scheduling
Bakery Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 19, 2015
This was a really fun place to work, meeting with people from all walks of life. Every day brought something new and different and there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Non-traditional work schedule.
Job Review
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAJuly 24, 2015
My typical work day at the QFC deli is helping customers with friendly customer service and tasks around the deli. The work environment has a very supportive management.
Pros
30 min lunches, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
what I think
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stanwood, WAJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work started with everything getting situated then getting the product to the customers. I learned a lot and I would like all of that to come out in an interview. Management over the last 10 years changed every 3 years so I went through a lot of managers some great some not. Co-workers for the most part were fun to work with and get along with as well. Hardest part was compartmentalizing how much time one would need to get things done.

Don't take this the wrong way but I would say going home and crashing out. lol
Fun and productive
Starbucks Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of opening the Starbucks Kiosk and prepping the food and beverages for customers. I learned how to multitask and remember detailed information regarding customer orders. I also learned to work quick and efficiently. I also learned to train people with different learning styles. Management was great, and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up and significant messes during the morning rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating hand crafted beverages for each customer.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Working weekends
Ok to work, not so great to advance
Deli Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 7, 2015
Compensation and advancement opportunities seem to happen on the whims of management that feels little need to be transparent. Will often ignore that honesty is listed on the core values of the company.
customer service
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WaMay 4, 2015
I helped customers with their orders, stocked merchandise, prepare food. I enjoyed working with the people and had some regular customers that I helped out.
The managers are great, and my fellow employees are awesome; they are very encouraging, and helpful, and just fun to work with.
Floor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAApril 16, 2015
For me, a work day usually is mainly cleaning and helping customers with their groceries, however, occasionally I will help out the other departments. Nothing huge, but if someone is running late in the bakery, I help them finish up, and every now and then I'll help out the Floral Department with watering plants, or moving things. But yes, usually my day is just cleaning the bathrooms, taking out the trash, sweeping, cleaning up spilled / broken products, bagging groceries, and helping customers.
Pros
You get to help and get to know people, and the benefits are good.
Cons
Due to Union stuff, you usually can't work overtime, and you aren't allowed to work after you clock out.
Customer Service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the general public . The management are corporate puppets . My co-workers are some of my best friends .
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The schedule makes it hard to have a life .
Enjoyed working for them.
Night Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 30, 2015
Qfc is the best grocery chain to work for. Many opportunities to advance for someone who shows initiative. Most fellow employees were friendly and great to work with. Enjoyed my time with the company.
Great place to work.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stanwood, WAJanuary 16, 2015
This company is a place that you can work your way through school, around a family, or work full time. It has fabulous benefits.
Customers service, Retail setting.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2014
Cash handling, ensure cash register accuracy at the end of day, pre-pack food, made specialized meals for customers. Management was friendly and useful. Co-workers were friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was to satisfied the customers needs; but it was a safe and friendly place to work. I enjoyed all those years I worked for QFC.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks.
Low starting wage, but good schedule flexibility.
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2014
Large company and good career opportunity. A typical day as a seafood clerk involves giving customer service at the meat and seafood cases, while doing production and packaging of seafood items.