Quality Food Centers

Quality Food Centers United States Employee Reviews

The managers are great, and my fellow employees are awesome; they are very encouraging, and helpful, and just fun to work with.
Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Maple Valley, WAApril 16, 2015
Pros: You get to help and get to know people, and the benefits are good.
Cons: Due to Union stuff, you usually can't work overtime, and you aren't allowed to work after you clock out.
For me, a work day usually is mainly cleaning and helping customers with their groceries, however, occasionally I will help out the other departments. Nothing huge, but if someone is running late in the bakery, I help them finish up, and every now and then I'll help out the Floral Department with watering plants, or moving things. But yes, usually my day is just cleaning the bathrooms, taking out the trash, sweeping, cleaning up spilled / broken products, bagging groceries, and helping customers.
Customer Service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the schedule makes it hard to have a life .
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the general public . The management are corporate puppets . My co-workers are some of my best friends .
Enjoyed working for them.
Night Crew Manager (Former Employee), Everett, WAJanuary 30, 2015
Qfc is the best grocery chain to work for. Many opportunities to advance for someone who shows initiative. Most fellow employees were friendly and great to work with. Enjoyed my time with the company.
Great place to work.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Stanwood, WAJanuary 16, 2015
This company is a place that you can work your way through school, around a family, or work full time. It has fabulous benefits.
Customers service, Retail setting.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short breaks.
Cash handling, ensure cash register accuracy at the end of day, pre-pack food, made specialized meals for customers. Management was friendly and useful. Co-workers were friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was to satisfied the customers needs; but it was a safe and friendly place to work. I enjoyed all those years I worked for QFC.
Low starting wage, but good schedule flexibility.
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2014
Large company and good career opportunity. A typical day as a seafood clerk involves giving customer service at the meat and seafood cases, while doing production and packaging of seafood items.
Great
Cashier (Current Employee), Portland, ORNovember 20, 2013
Pros: lunches, coworkers
Cons: benefits/union, balance in social life
Been here for 6 years, love it. Awesome coworkers, decent customers, and benefits.
An excellent first post high school job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 14, 2013
Pros: excellent variety of lunch options, great benefits
Cons: inconsistency in the hours, frequency of new managers
A typical day at Q.F.C. started with me going in and mapping out what I was going to do based on what the store was low on. Then I would go to the back room and bring stock out to the floor. I would also assist customers and bag groceries on an as-needed basis. I learned a lot about customer service. Q.F.C. has always been about going the extra mile for customers. They train on this, they applaud your efforts for doing so as well. Management was fair for the most part. One of the biggest challenges with them is that with there being three different store managers in just as many years, it made it challenging to get promoted. My co-workers were awesome people, I'm in touch with some of them today. The hardest part of the job would have been the variety of different hours I had to work. It wasn't always consistent. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the accolades I earned. Q.F.C. has its own company news letter called "View on the Q". They would pick what they felt was the best customer comment card and publish it. I was featured in it twice for outstanding service.
Family within a job
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 20, 2013
I made many long term friends working at Quality Food Centers in Redmond. I loved the management and everyone came together as a team. I have bounced around the store and was able to learn many skills from the various tasks I was able to do.
Good company with room to grow
District Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Northwest, WAJuly 5, 2013
QFC is a great company to start for and continue to develop with. There is tons of opportunity to advance when in the right position. It can get a little hectic with work/life balance, but that was specifically for my job. I recommend this company to all.
Really nice co-workers, great customers
Wine steward / liquor manager (Former Employee), Seattle, waMarch 30, 2013
Pros: love the customers and educating them about worldwide wines
Cons: this company has no regard for the well-being of their employees
This started as a fun job due to my many years as a wine industry professional. As Kroger centralized it policies and requirements to mirror it's "work them till they're so burned out they leave" nationwide philosophy, it ultimately became the the worst drudgery due to spending 90% of my time lifting boxes and stocking shelves. I was told that I was hired to sell wine and educate customers about wine. Now, I believe that they would prefer all wine professionals leave so they can replace our one journeyman salary with a couple of part-time minimum-wage employees that will function as stock clerks.
Exciting environment to work in.
Curtuosy Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2013
Bagging groceries was a fun experience along with returning the shopping carts. My co-workers were great people to work with. I may not have been there long, however I did learn a lot about how the grocery business works.
Advanced well for many years
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2013
Worked very hard at all hours of the day and night. Advanced up the ranks to Assistant Manager. Paid my dues and have a hard work mentality.
excellent
bkry clerk,asst.mgr and mgr,cake dec (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: positive feed back from upper management
Cons: took away bonuses for upper management
opening shifts closing shifts working in high volume and low volume a fun friendly team playing environment. Management was great diversity and always willing to help. hardest part of the job was inventory monthly.
Difficult scheduling but fun people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2012
A typical evening shift included bagging groceries, cleaning the bathrooms multiple times, closing the seating area of the store and refilling the bags at check stands. The biggest issue with this job was the schedule not being done until a few days before you were next scheduled to work.
decent employer
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 6, 2012
Cons: customers
I am glad I left this industry --- advancement takes years. Customer service is now where i want to be.
Not just a great place to work but also another family.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: healthcare, smiling faces, enjoyable environment, scholarships
Cons: union dues
Every one at QFC knew each other and could enjoy each others company. This was my first job and I have to thank my store and floor manager for giving me great customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing how happy people could be when you aided them in their needs. The hardest part of this job was reaching products on the top shelves in the store.