Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites Employer Reviews

very productive place of employment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IAFebruary 7, 2015
have had several issues with my direct supervisor but the owners are great to work for, they genuinely care for the well-being of their employees
An employee at Quality Inn Arlington
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: no holiday pay
Cons: willing to help in any way they can
Working for Ravi and Neel was a great experience and opportunity where they showed how much they care for employees whild helping me through a personal situation. Although there were no benefits or Holiday pay they are a very loving, respectful family to work for, and I hate that I had to quit due to personal circumstances.
Amazing place to work with excellent management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Missoula, MTJanuary 25, 2015
This employer is wonderful to work for. Management and staff get along great. Management highly encourages employees to receive additional training and career advancement opportunities. Great place to work!
Great
General Manager (Current Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: security
Very Great company and enjoy every moment working here. This job gave me the oppurtunity to learn and grow into my position. Gave me experience to run a restraunt and bar.Cant wait to continue to grow in my career.
Night Audit at Quality Inn & Suites - Detroit Metro Airport
Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free breakfast every morning
Cons: no breaks, no health benefits
The same shareholder/owner also owns this hotel.

When I first clock in I communicate with the previous shift letting them walk me through any issues they were having, if there were any. Other than that I would proceed to print out all my pre-audit reports, credit card reports, and direct billing reports. Then I would count the cash drawer with the person I am relieving to make sure all exchange of money has been passed to my shift properly. We both check if there will be any shortages and overages. Then if there are no mistakes, and I have no one to check-in I can proceed to balance out all the accounts and make sure all numbers matched up before I send the information online to the company banks. Then I would close out the night audit, and switch all our computer system dates to the next daily operations.

I learned to be patient when things get too hectic, and todo one thing at a time. I have learned that I can perform well during fast-pace environment. I have learned how todo deal with all sorts of customers either on the phone or in person. I have answered phone calls while working on the computers. I have sent and received faxes. I have learned how to make adjustments even with sensitive data that had to deal with our guests’ credit cards. I have learned how to troubleshoot, and make necessary adjustments to ensure the next daily operations run smooth.

Our management team did well when I was there. For the most part, we had a good working environment. We worked well together when we did have to work side-by-side. Communication was the key factor in how we have jelled – more... well with our management.

Things seemed to run as smooth as it could be with my other co-workers. Some of them spoke differently languages so it was fun learning how to say good morning or good night in their native tongue. I worked with Albanians, Arabic, African-American, Chaldean, Egyptian, Jordanian, Polish, and I was the only Filipino-American.

The most difficult part of the job was having to deal with distressed passengers or flight crew from the airport because they have missed their flight, or our shuttle driver may have arrived to pick them up late. It is all understandable though; traveling is always stressful. Plans do get messed up at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, especially the happy ones going on their vacations. Finishing my audit at a timely manner was enjoyable because it gave me a feeling of accomplishment every morning. – less
great job!
guest service agent (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJanuary 5, 2015
friendly staff and great training program. staff was willing to teach you anything you needed. great location and hours
Enjoyable workplace and great employer
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: n/a
I loved this job as my employer was extremely kind and considerate. She also taught me a lot as far as some of the data entry and scanning of documents. I opened the office everyday and began my duties. I answered phones, interacted with influential people, and they really seemed to like me. I ran errands for my employer as needed. I composed and printed letters, handled all in-coming and out-going calls, scheduled appointments, sent out correspondence, emailed, faxed, filed and interacted with customers.
positive attitude
Front Desk (Current Employee), CANovember 26, 2014
escelent guest service, always a smile when a guset arrives
Job itself was okay
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Statesboro, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: many hours
Cons: employee gossip
I actually liked the job, just the people that I worked with made the job harder than it should been.
joy
Front desk clerk and sales (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 8, 2014
Loved working there. It was like family.
People helped one another.
good place to work for some one part time
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Longview, WASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
took care of plumbing HVAC pool maintenance electronic locking systems landscaping eletrical
No chance for advancment
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Hannibal MoSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: guest interaction
Cons: no benefits, no hoilday or vacation pay, no chance for advancment
There are many stresses for a typical day of work at Quality Inn. You come in responsible for a register that you have no way of verifying has not been tampered with by management/owners . You then have the job checking in guests with there own sorted issues that the last clerk never informed you of. That you are also responsible for. Management/ Owners are not helpful at all, because they speak very little English and are unwilling to learn the job first hand. So they can not lead by example at all. Hardest part of the job is the lack of professionalism and respect from the owners/ management. The most and only enjoyable part of the job was the face to face interaction with the guests.
Very busy workplace with a fun enviroment to be around
Receptionist (Former Employee), La Porte, TXSeptember 11, 2014
- A typical day at work would involve as soon as I get there I would start on the people at the front desk trying to check in as well as the people calling to make reservations. When I had a break from that I would schedule certain maids to certain rooms to be cleaned and when I was done with that if I had free time I would go ahead and arrange people in the system to certain rooms that had everything they asked for. Management was extremely good and respectful, definitely fun people to work with and was very well organized.
Great!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Statesville, NCSeptember 7, 2014
This job is a laid back enjoyable job. I love customer interactions and being able to give people what they ask for. Management is amazing and works well with their employees needs.
Hardest part of the job...
Front Desk Manager/Property Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, IndianaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: mostly day shift
Cons: no healthcare. no raises.
I loved my employees. The owners of the place live in California and therefore being the "manager" on site, there was A LOT of decision making that fell upon my shoulders. I was on call 24/7. Never got away from the job. It wore me down physically & emotionally.
Great place to work and stay
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: have to deal with unhappy customers
I enjoyed working as the front desk clerk. I enjoy working with people.
Not too bad.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Weatherford, TXJuly 7, 2014
Not a bad place to work, but not a lot of stuff gets done around the hotel. Management doesn't make anyone work hardly at all.
horrible
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no overtime
The owners are very mean and rude. there are no breaks and no overtime pay.
Fun place to work at
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLJune 25, 2014
I had started as front desk and worked my way up to the front desk supervisor. Great company a lot of hours and benefits were great too. I learned to have awesome customer skills and always put guests first.
It will be okay!
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCJune 24, 2014
Loads of work, no help, really bad pay, overtime never compensated, and a very danger work environment

1 2 3 4