Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Awesome Management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2016
Awesome management. Always willing to work with when personal issues arise as far as family and medical needs. Work advancement is always possible. However no benefits as far as medical. Only benefit is working for choice hotels in general. A typical day at work is checking guests out and in when needed. I've learned a great deal in customer service. I've also learned to type faster, always a plus. My most enjoyable part of working here is seeing familiar faces. The hardest part is dealing with guest issues that are out of our hands. My coworkers are amazing and always happy to come into work.
Pros
Choice Points, great management
Cons
no health coverage
Choice Hotels are amazing but this place is franchised by a crook.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDMarch 23, 2016
You are ordered to do what the GM says at all times. No days off as they are all "On Call" Although you will work over time, you do not get paid for it and you do not get paid for training which is a mandatory 40 hours. The staff is amazing. Very welcoming. The management is fantastic aside from the GM who verbally abuses his employees. He lives on the property and drinks a lot. Just all around very unprofessional. The security of the staff and guest are a concern to me. This is a very unsafe establishment and we were forced to imprint guest cc cards along with ccv codes which I also feel is not ok. Could be a perfect job if management was replaced and security is put on the schedule.
Pros
Staff is like family, Plenty of hours available.
Cons
Work/life balance is not possible, no benefits, no overtime or paid training, no security, not in the best of neighborhoods, GM is a nuisance, illegal activity
Let me go with out notice
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYMarch 4, 2016
Liked what I was doing, but on January 31, 2016 walked in at 11 pm and was told it was my last shift. Then the new owner of the hotel came down at 7 AM and asked me to show her how to run the computer for the hotel . I spent an extra hour showing her how to run it. The lat straw was a 1/2 hour after I got home she called me and asked me how to use the card making machine. Come on, the fired me with out notice!
Pros
Quite, good Gm at the time
Cons
Football season drunks, not muck work to do, upper management does sneaky things
exciting and entertaining place to work
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Typical night for me was counting the cash drawers then do night audit and other night paperwork before 3am. When done with all paperwork, I finish laundry if any and putting away, checking guest in and out throughout the night, figuring out new things because I came across something i didnt know yet, made breakfast in the morning. I learned a lot about hotel business and about our guests. Co workers and management was like most other co workers other places, some were always complaining and some laid back. There was nothing that was hard but most enjoyable would be meeting so many interesting people.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms for employees
Cons
no benefits
Incompetent managerial staff.
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALOctober 25, 2015
Manager calls my personal cell phone all times of the day and night, gives little to no notice when called in to work on an off day. No lunch break. Long hours due to company being under staffed because of budget. No benefits, no opportunity for raises, no opportunity for company advancement, no opportunity for overtime. GM has "always have to be right" attitude and will intentionally try to make you look stupid in front of guests. GM does not accept constructive criticism well. GM takes a multitude of vacations which leaves hotel employees drained from working our shifts plus his. GM is not understanding about family/health issues, nor days one may need to take off.
Cons
Do not get paid enough for all we deal with.
good hotel to work hotel in Pasadena
Front Desk Agent/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Flexible schedule
Efficient management style
Great relationship between employer and employee
Diverse culture in workplace
Pros
sitting all the time you work
Cons
minimum salary
Unstable environment and untrustworthy management.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 11, 2016
I came in with experience, so the management threw me in to the work very quickly; they didn't really help me get used to their business quirks, but I was still criticized for inconsistencies. Their paper money handling methods are very questionable. I applied while asking for afternoons and part time, but was started out at full time hours; within my first ten days of employment, they changed the shift I worked four times and only gave me one day off. They are now "forgetting" my shifts (and consequently telling me not to come in) and cutting my times down to five hours instead of eight.

I can't decide whether to trust them or not, as they go through employees almost as badly as food service.
Pros
Relaxed shifts
Cons
Constantly changing shifts, losing shifts, inconsistent hours, questionable ethics
Easy and very convenient
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 15, 2016
The job is easy and very convenient for someone in school like myself. the management is horrible and has horrible attitudes, and the owner answers to the manager like a puppy.
Pros
able to do homework, a lot of free time
Cons
management, culture of the owners, shift changes
Don't work here.
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2015
This company violates every fair act, labor law, HR law in existence. I have never worked for a company that allows such disregard for the customer. This company is poorly managed, even the managers steal from the company.
This company doesn't care about the employeee and cares even less about the guest. Do NOT EVEN CONSIDER WORKING for this compay unless its a step up or resting spot until you make a better move for your career.
Pros
Meet some great ppl (guest and co-workers)
Cons
Compensation vs hours, customer service vs money... the company doest care.
Great for a full time student
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKMarch 4, 2016
A day of work at this company includes interacting with guest. My shift does not have any other employee on the grounds so I have learned to manage what I can even though I am not a manager. I have learned from this job how far being trusted can get a person. I have an abundance of responsibilities that they trust myself with and that gives me pride in myself. The people I work with, as when I am trading shifts, are pleasant. The employee turn over rate has been high but lately it has been average. The hardest part of the job is working nights. This job has taught me how to find solutions to problems independently instead of calling my manager. I feel much more confident in the job field now that I have experienced very many scenarios including financial, unhappy customers, and irate customers.
Pros
hotel discounts
benefits
Reasonably good company and management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2016
Start my day at the front desk checking rate and occupancy from the previous day, how much revenue was generated, check the current day's occupancy, how many are checking-out/staying over and how many reservations.. Produced room assignment lists for the housekeepers. Check supplies. Walked around the property and take notes of any issues. I have good working relationship with the management. Get along well with my co-workers, in my department we all work as a team. I have adjusted well with my job by doing my responsibilities diligently and managing my time accordingly. Can't afford to waste time besides I want to do my job right the first time. I didn't find it hard multi-tasking in fact I enjoyed my job.
Pros
end of year rewards, snacks, etc.
Cons
I seldom take breaks in which I didn't mind.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 13, 2016
First thing when i got in is check my work order bx-Then organize the importance of each ticket-Then complete one ticket at a time.
Highly-organized Hotel Chief Engineer who takes pride in maintaining safe efficient and economical luxury environments.
Got along and had a real good relationship with the general manager and the Operations Manager.I treated the cleaning crew with the most respect and kept a real good atmosphere.
there was nothing real hard about the job. Everything came real easy because they let me do my job.
I really enjoyed controlling the monthly budget.
Easy going workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Danville, PAJuly 6, 2016
Meeting people from different places around the states as they come and drop in is the most interesting part of this job. Management does what they can to help everyone but things are done in order of priority not according to how quick you need something done.
The toughest part of the job here is not being able to accommodate the needs of a guest because of another departments mistakes, the front desk is the only part of this place that is open 24/7 and that makes working certain shifts difficult because the front desk person is usually here alone.
The most enjoyable part of the day is actually getting to hear the stories of the people coming off the highway and where they come from.
Pros
FREE COFFEE, ABLE TO SIT AND STAND AT YOUR LEISURE.
Cons
NO MEDICAL, LOW PAY, NO ADVANCEMENT.
Front desk night shift.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 1, 2016
My typical day starts at 3PM. I check in guests, making sure their CC matches their photo ID, and making sure the card authorizes. I take care of any issues they have and provide what help I can for their stay, such as providing them with a local restaurant list, and map if needed, or show them the pamphlets to local attractions they might be interested in, get them extras like toothbrushes, extra towels etc. and answer their questions, rekey their keys if needed, fix their TV if needed and sometimes help with their luggage. My day ends with my taking the drop and logging out for the night auditor/general manager to take over at 11PM. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Sometimes the phone rings right when I have a customer infront of me.
Bilingual employee
Houseman (Former Employee) –  housekeepingSeptember 25, 2016
As a student, I was entering my junior year and was trying to balance AP courses and sports while working at this hotel. Management was very supportive but the job was very demanding around housekeeping, I ended up having to balance translating for guest and keeping my job duties up to date. The hardest part of my job was balancing translating for housekeeping and having to abandon my work for the better image of the company. With that came the most enjoyable part of the job, I was able to connect with more guest and witness more stories. I learned the representation of the company will follow the consumer.
Pros
Guest connections
Cons
Balancing
was a great place to work but work was slow
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSAugust 9, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I worked there . The people I work with were very professional and did everything to make clients happy . We would greet our employers with a smile and hello thats if they were home before we start to clean. After that we start to clean our clients home . We dust, vacuum, mop clean kitchen and bathroom living room and bedrooms. Knowing that you have done a great job is very rewarding. I didn't want to leave this job but the work became very slow.Some of our clients homes were for sale.But I have to say I enjoyed the great team we had and the clients were extremely grateful.
Do NOT work at this location
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  ValpoNovember 9, 2015
I am sure Quality Inn & Suites as a whole is a decent place to work. But the location in Valpo. has THE MOST SCREWED UP MANAGEMENT. Violation of workforce labor laws, unpaid overtime, horrible pay, promise of raises that never come, fraternizing with employees, the assistant manager is a bully.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Almost Everything, I am not kidding.
Loved working for the Front office manager
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARFebruary 3, 2016
Kind of miss the coworkers. But no room for advancement, no raises. No set schedule. Worked 18 months and ask for many raises which I never got
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
crazy shifts and schedules and no advancement
Most guests were awesome
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 3, 2016
A typical day would be checking guests out of the hotel and dealing with any issues that they may have had from the previous night

Since the hotel is in the medical center I saw a lot of joy but I also saw a lot of sorrow. What I learned is to enjoy the simpler things in life, tell those around you that you love them because life is short.

Management was terrible and I would prefer not to say anything about them

I really enjoyed most of the co-workers, in fact even though I don't work at the hotel anymore I am still in contact with some of the current and past employees

The hardest part of the job was mismanagement and dealing with an irate guest usually over something very trivial

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to meet some of the sweetest most humble people that you could ever imagine
Pros
Cons
management
Busy Hotel & Restuarant
Food, beverage and banquet manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Harmony, PAAugust 29, 2016
17 years in the food and beverage industry
Certified SERVE SAFE
Strong communication skills with clients, vendors, sales team and kitchen/wait staff
Booking parties and events for up to 300 people from the first phone call to the end of the event
Strong management skills and handling of staff
Daily & Weekly ordering of all food/liquor from a variety of vendors
Extensive knowledge of both FOH & BOH operations
Experienced in preparation and overseeing of the event room, presentation of food, staff and overall enjoyable experience for the client and all guests

2.7