Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
Not a good place to work
Front desk supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, DeApril 17, 2017
There is no competitive salary. Upper management doesn't care about overwork yet underpaying their employees. It's really ashame the way they treat people.
Productive and fun employees
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 17, 2017
Nice small, quiet hotel , for coming out of town to stay in, pool is nice. fun but productive employees.
Could use some changes to some of the rooms.
relaxing workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santee, SCApril 16, 2017
answerning the telephone, taking and cancelling reservations, checking guest in and out, fluent computer skills, customer service, housekeeping logs, handling cash and credit card transactions and daily drops.
Fun place to work, good atmosphere
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 16, 2017
Housekeeping, wash and dry personal and facility laundry. Collect all inens, towels, and other items to be washed. Load and unload washers and dryers.
Fold laundry as designated , seperate by floors and rooms. Maintain delivery carts, ensuring extra room request. Clean and sanitize work area and equipment.
Monitor safety and health requirements.
Its an okay place to work
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCApril 15, 2017
Its not great, I dont like it. The manager is selfish & stingy. The customers are great. The manager doesent really care about customers. No benifits & poor pay.
Pros
You dont have to clock out on break
Cons
Bad pay
Management strives
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meiddletown, RIApril 13, 2017
The Management and owners/franchisee, require employees to do double duty without extra hours to complete or extra compensation. They start out by saying that they will start at the minimum of hours but then they will say more hours will be available soon, which means in the high season and even then it isn'r guarenteed. They change payroll companies with advance warning but nothing specific. They have changed Audit reporting to include another form but did not delete the old system before initiating the new.
Pros
Some of the other employees
Cons
Lack of follow through from management
Over worked and under paid
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTApril 13, 2017
My expierence with this company was not a positive one. I worked long hours, filled in for almost all departments with little to no reward. Even off the clock i was called and expected to answer questions that didn't pertain to my position.
Pros
Living on site
Cons
No breaks, no promotions, over worked.
Very terrible first job
House Keeping/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
The Quality Inn is a very terrible work place . NO staff but the mangers receive breaks. Workers are over worked and under paid . There is no maintenance. Also i still do not understand how they keep passing the state inspection when over 40 rooms have bed bugs . Not to mention they pay illegal immigrants under the table.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Be prepared
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 12, 2017
At this specific location, it was very unorganized. Two people were often scheduled at same time. Manager was a nice person but not a good manager. The only reason i stayed was because I got a nice raise. If you're looking to make money, and looking for a lot of hours, I would recommend. Just be prepared, Summer is very busy and you'll be doing lots of things. Barely any time to relax.
Pros
Good experience, independent
Cons
Unorganized
Quality Inn at 42 Carmela is a non profession place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 11, 2017
The reason why i say Quality Inn is a non profession place because the mangers will not be your mangers they will be a friend in not care about the job. The crew is very messy, they don't get the job done. They always playing and not taking the guess serious. I will not be able to work in an environment like that.
a way of life
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAApril 11, 2017
I love seeing the states, meeting people and doing a great job. I miss driving and making that kind of money. I don't miss the weather as in snow and ice but I handled it.
Pros
seeing the states for free
Cons
missing out on child's life
Productive workplace
Housekeeping/Waitress/Cook/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Leeds, NYApril 9, 2017
It was a friendly work environment. Had frequent and polite customers. Helped to gain experience in great customer service. Also, experience with the handling of money.
Awesome place to work
Assistant Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYApril 8, 2017
I loved working there. Best place to work .I wished I never quit.Wish I could get my job back.Ut was an awesome place to work but couldn't put up with all the drama it was very stressful
Pros
Cons
Drama
Great Job
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 7, 2017
Great job. Met thousands of people from all over the world and had the opportunity to make them feel at home. Night Auditor was my position for over three years.
Cons
Constant harassment from Manager.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYApril 5, 2017
Beyond female harassment, having to deal with a GM so awful that they discriminate against pregnancy, the job leaves no room for advancement or raises. Awful hotel, dirty, old, housekeeping has always been terrible. Unfortunately the assistant manager is very large and smells pretty awful, so it was quite terrible being behind the front desk with her. P.S. the owners were Indian and apparently that meant they could be misogynists.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything else.
productive and fun work environmennt
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 4, 2017
it was great. everyone got along well and I loved my job there. easy to get along with the customers and everyone kept a smile on their faces. it was a great environment.
Front Desk
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2017
Usually worked the evening shifts and would check in/ check out guest from the hotel as well as answer any questions/ concern the guest had. I was able to meet really interesting people that would come and stay. Coworkers were always on top of their duties.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno, seguro, limpio
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 31, 2017
ambiente y horario de trabajo buenos
siempre preparo mis semana de trabajo, ya que es un hotel pequeno solo tenemos 62 habitaciones y siempre trabajo tranquilo sin presiones.
Pros
horario
Cons
no tengo seguro
No time for family life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 30, 2017
Working at Quality Inn was interesting, but the hours we had to work, and uneven amount of rooms assigned to housekeepers was unfair. Management was always arguing with each other. No benefits were available.
Good work environment.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 30, 2017
The staff were friendly.
Steady work.
Varied Job tasks.
I enjoyed some of my coworkers and I really liked interacting with the guests as part of my job duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7