Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Job Preferred.
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 31, 2016
This job is more for kids just graduating out of high school looking for experience or for someone whom does not want to sit around the house. The management is okay, but at the same time unpleasant. I do not think that there is an enjoyable part of the job, because it's like you are supposed to be obligated to working on your own, but constantly have someone all down your back. Very unsatisfied.
Pros
Employee discount on lunch.
Cons
Communication.
Unstable environment and untrustworthy management.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 11, 2016
I came in with experience, so the management threw me in to the work very quickly; they didn't really help me get used to their business quirks, but I was still criticized for inconsistencies. Their paper money handling methods are very questionable. I applied while asking for afternoons and part time, but was started out at full time hours; within my first ten days of employment, they changed the shift I worked four times and only gave me one day off. They are now "forgetting" my shifts (and consequently telling me not to come in) and cutting my times down to five hours instead of eight.

I can't decide whether to trust them or not, as they go through employees almost as badly as food service.
Pros
Relaxed shifts
Cons
Constantly changing shifts, losing shifts, inconsistent hours, questionable ethics
fun
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXOctober 26, 2016
I learned alot of new things. how hotels run. management is good at what they do with lots of experience. typical day is very interesting lots of problems that are very different.
Fun, easygoing place with pool table
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with the manager and coworkers. Wonderful experience with customers. I came in around 4:30, opened at 5, started counting my drawer and cleaning the area, made sure beverages were stocked. I talked with customers and served their beverages. At closing I closed down register and the credit card machine. Counted my drawer, and did inventory of everything sold. I then cleaned all counters and any glasses, took out trash and swept and mopped the floor
Meeting new people was the best part of this job.
Front Desk Clerk and courtesy car driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2016
Easy job not good pay. The people you met from around the world was the best thing about this job. All walks of life. I enjoyed it. The management was okay and the owners arrogant, coworkers came and went but what can you expect at minimum wage....
A good starting point for a young person learning about the hotel business.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 26, 2015
A typical day at work involved loading a cleaning cart with plenty of supplies, and cleaning the rooms that were assigned to you throughout the course of the day.

My co-workers were honest, hard-working individuals that occasionally helped me with my duties, and moved me to return the favor.
I've learned how to clean a wide variety of things with impressive efficiency, enhance my communication with people, and how to exert my capabilities to the fullest which resulted in classic hard work.

Management was handled adequately. My employer was relaxed and fair to everyone.

The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of it. At times, the labor proved to be demanding, and was difficult to complete tasks at the end of the day, but through proper training and keen mental focus, one could get the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the job culture that I worked in. It was overall tolerable and occasionally fun.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, tips
Cons
Minimum wage salary
quality inn bend oregon
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 21, 2016
Summer days in quality inn are very busy. You get to meet very interesting guest.You need to fast but make sure you get to be nice and listen to guest needs.When over night front desk clerk is needed to stay over time do to housekeepers not showing to shift.
Pros
get tips on breakfast time.
Cons
house keepers would not respect work hours.
productive work environment
Front Desk Manager, GSA, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  windsorlocks ctJuly 2, 2016
due to to the fact I was at this hotel for so long I was able to master every shift, learn how to housekeep, manage a hotel, deal with s everal things at once, and focus on building a establishment. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a relationship with the guest. The hardest part of my job was trying to better hotel without being able to get things we needed to make the hotel better.
Pros
building relationships with the guest
Cons
hotel wasnt up to date with admenities
Hostile & Stressful Environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 7, 2016
I was in Sales until the new Front Desk "Manager" came and convinced the new owners they didn't need me in Sales any more, and that he could handle everything else that I did alone. Then managed to get me off of the front desk and put into housekeeping. Also managed to get them to only give me 2 days a week of work and took my pay down by $3/hr. I practically begged for more hours and was told no every time. It was a very stressful and hostile environment.
The management hovers over your shoulder and doesn't think anything is good enough. Pay is not worth the amount of work they expect you to do. My co-workers were treated badly and unfairly. All benefits got taken away. My self and other co-workers worked there for almost 10 years and got treated like we didn't know anything about what we were doing, yet the new owners were the one's that had never owned a hotel before. And in 2 years that they have now owned it the only thing they did is make the rooms look better. They treatment of employees is still the same, for example: no heat for the housekeepers, heaters have been broken for years now and nothing is being done to help them.
I was told that I was not a hard worker, yet was always the one that everyone called if there was a problem that couldn't be fixed. Yet they praise the people that are stealing from them and give them more money and more power even thought there has been proof.
The sales department has to work with no supplies. There is no compensation for sales people such as: mileage, work vehicle, maintenance on personal vehicle usage, meals
  more... for client meetings, etc.
I used to love this hotel and hoped to see it flourish once again, but it does not seem like that will happen with it's current state.
Cons
No benefits
positive work space
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 22, 2016
I've been in this industry for the longest and have been a team leader and a great learning experience

I developed more learning experience as a front desk agent,houseman,and security officer before becoming the general manger
Pros
freiendly environment
Cons
pay was low at the begining
summary
Laundress (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
Washing, drying, folding linen. Sorting linen into clean carts.
Friendly co workers.
A lot of lack of communication between employees and management.
Very good employment
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 18, 2016
Quality Inn was a rewarding job. I really enjoyed wowing my guest, and I did. I always went above and beyond the front desk manager title. I learned so much about the real needs of the public. It was a piece of cake to make my guest happy with the personable skills I live and breathe.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only some team effort
Dont do it!!!
Assistant Manager front Desk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2016
This was the worst place I have ever worked. The management was horrible they don't care about their employees, or hotel. It needed allot of work and the rooms were horrible ! It was a horrible feeling renting rooms to customers knowing how bad they looked.
Great company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I arrived, management gave me my work load. Then prepped my equipment and started the job. I worked forward until I completed my my work load. Always work with Quality Inn requirements.
best job ever
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 28, 2016
every day i would come in and start the day for hundreds of people by getting there breakfast ready. the best thing about this job was meeting new people every morning and starting there day off with a good morning.
fun early day for employees to enjoy their family;s
housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2015
always fast paste co workers made it easier always on one accord we had laughter customer service was excellent down side is none because whatever came was expected just part of the job that had to give attention to i learned that i can multi task on this job and still have a great and a successful day as a department head.
Pros
we had employee luncheons
Cons
2 15 minutes breaks for the employees company did not have benefits
Ok
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 30, 2016
The management at this location was ok. on some things she seemed like she was confused. She was a nice person.She had some personal problems at home that she let affect her job
Pros
People
Cons
Personal
Not the best Boss
Executive Housekeeper/ Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32301September 27, 2016
My time working there was okay. The Manager when i was there didn't care for his staff much. He didn't provide and enthusiastic work environment. Also did allot of unreasonable firing to incorporate his own family into positions.
Pros
Co-workers were cool
Cons
Boss was not very managerial
i really enjoy this company its a good place to work if you have the right people working with you can really make the best of it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2016
i guess it can be an alright job to work for depending on the people and management you have i liked working at the hotel this was a nice job to work
Front desk clerk.
Front desk clerk. (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 20, 2016
Friendly Front desk clerk. The first to greet customers as they checked in. Placed daily outbound calls to other hotel competitors Inquiring daily about their room rates and rooms available. Adjust hotel rate accordingly. Assigned each of the maids with a daily list of rooms to attend to.

2.7