Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

work day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 18, 2017
Overall the job is OK. schedule is flexible but manger is clueless. The hardest part about the job is also the most enjoyable part, interacting with the guest,
Pros
room discounts
Cons
no benefits
Great place to work!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDNovember 17, 2017
It was the best experience I've had so far. The manager was very kind. The hardest part of the job was maybe attending many orders at the same time, but it did not always happen. I was able to develop more and learn many things, such as being in charge of the responsibilities of the coffee shop. The managers are always willing to help you.
I loved workinf there because the people I wirked with was like family.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2017
When I went to work it was like me being around my family. I was taught how to fold bedding when i didnt have anything to do in Landry. Whenever I needed help the management team was always there.
Boring hours
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 14, 2017
Long boring hours and a lot of laundry I had to deal with loved the people I worked with except for one but as far as it being a great place of work I wouldn’t recommend it
Pros
Multiple breaks
Very enjoyable place to be employed.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 13, 2017
This is a fast paised environment and is very cutthroat. You ate expected to be very clean and thurough.You can not short cut on cleaning because the manager will always find you.Always the best.
Pros
free food, discounts
Cons
none.
Work place atmosphere
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 12, 2017
Great staff to work with, friendly environment. Organization throughout work place needs some work, and communication between departments. Most employees and management are very helpful and team-oriented.
I was an owner of this property
Co-owner (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, NYNovember 11, 2017
It was my families business and we sold it. I was a co owner of this hotel. It was fun, stressful, exciting and never dull. Worked in every facet of the hotel.
Bad pay with no benefits
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint George, SCNovember 11, 2017
I've been working here 10 years take take care of the whole property we have 110 rooms here I'm looking for a job with good benefits Dental I'm a very hard worker I'm very strong and I love working and I would love to be part of Key West boat
Daily work schedule
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LANovember 10, 2017
~ I would begin my day by opening my shift, counting my drawer, checking the logs for present and future guest. Most of the day I would be on the computer setting up reservations, checking in hotel guests, and referring anyone with complaints to an on-site manager. After my 8 hour shift, I would count my check the logs for all guests checked in for my shift to match up what was in the rolodex compared to receipts printed from the computer. I would end my shift by counting my drawer and waiting for the next Front Desk Clerk to relieve me before going home.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere and nice location.
Cons
Sometimes we were slow with having to find odd jobs to pass the time.
good company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The people was nice. The pay was good. The location was good. The culture was diverse. There was not anything hard about this job.
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 9, 2017
Quality inn is a great place to work if you enjoy busy summers and slower winters. I have enjoyed my time spent with my wonderful company and look forward to many more years to come.
Management sucks
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNNovember 8, 2017
Work to hard not enough pay employees are great things are always broken great guests great breakfast to much laundry to flys when at work great atmosphere
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management sucks
Was a good company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 7, 2017
I worked there a long time ago and at that time we had an excellent staff that worked well together. Not sure of the plave now after all of these years
Very modern.. very friendly Customers/Guest
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  South 348th StreetNovember 7, 2017
Typical work day would consist of loading cart to begin the work day..
Linen, lotions, and shampoos conditioners. Magazines, sometime tv guides, etc.. I learned about different disinfectant sprays, properly clean rooms to allow the Guest to feel VIP in a modern "home" setting. In the beginning of my learning experience with housekeeping I found that making sure all the hair was cleaned up was a bit hard but i found a method that best suited me. I vacuumed. I can say the most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I can make Guest feel VIP whether that be a family vacationing..someone on a business trip or like me, simply want to get away from home.
These people did not win a platinum award
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 6, 2017
None of the employees who earned this platinum award work at this location any longer. They bought a hotel that had already won an award and are acting like they worked for this..they refused to offer benefits to those employees and would not increase their pay to offset the loss of these benefits. So the entire crew left when the company they worked for no longer owned this property...when those employees ran the hotel it was amazing one of the best quality inns you would ever stay at very clean and exceptional service very friendly. They worked hard for an award a whole different entity is trying to pass as their own to lure people in to work for them.
Pros
Cons
A new owner took over and ruined everything
Quality Inn
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 6, 2017
It is really a dead end job, due to the fact that many Choice Hotels are owned by Independent India Owners, who mostly promote with in their families.
The typical workday was full of check and guest service type work.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 5, 2017
Avoid Choice Hotels, none are owned by corporate. This hotel chain is 100% franchisee owned. Minimum wage is the best that most of the associates will get, no benefits offered. Management is required to work 60+ hours for around $9.00 an hour.
Pros
Discounted rates
Cons
horrible pay, no corporate support, worst OS system
Mildly Stressful, Made you seem uncared for.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, MTNovember 5, 2017
Made me feel like I wasn't really needed here, work itself is fine but didn't like the job overall, i've worked better jobs before, along with managers changing and cut throat costs and budgets, it gives quite a headache.
Productive and fun workplace
GM (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 5, 2017
My typical day was to check customers in and out of the rooms
i learned a lot about customers service. the hardest part about my job was to keep my cool when dealing with a rude customer.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
rude people
Relaxed and fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 5, 2017
I was the GM of a small QI so my day had a little bit of everything. The fun part was being able to interact with guests and all of the employees all day everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7